Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lā

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 11:20

Hello ladies!!!!

I had an absolutely terrific time in Košice yesterday!!!!! :jumping: :incass: The show was just great and I enjoyed it very-very much! Unfortunately I have no photos, because I simply cant concentrate on taking photos and the programs at the same time and I dont have a proper camera, but here goes my report!

Before the show I did some sightseeing in Košice which is a wonderful city. Then I was reading Hugh Laurie's Gun Seller, which was a great fun and definitely got me in the mood. I was calling five times an organizator woman who promised me a ticket at the press conference (they had tickets for Bratislava there, but no for Košice) and she always told me to wait, wait, wait, so the gates were already open and people went in while I still had no tickets... confused I started to get worried but in the end I finally got in - through a backdoor, I had to tell a password to the guards, was really stylish :naughty15kz: and finally I was in. But I still had no seat, so I asked a manager whom I also met previously on the press conference where I shall sit and he told me: "We will wait until the show starts and if there is a free seat, you can sit on the ice on a VIP seat!!!!" :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: The arena was only half full and the tickets to this VIP seats cost 200 euros so obviously there was a free seat!!!!! The show hadnt started yet, but I was already over the moon!

Opening - with a great laser show. It was very interesting and got the crowd into the mood

Plush - a rearranged version of Godfather. Well, this is probably the only program of Plushenko I really like. At the Euros in 2005 he skated with so much power and passion that I couldnt help clapping hands. At the Olys one year later he was somewhat emotionless... This time it was kind of a warm up for him, he skated over and over and jumped all the triples, while Edvin was playing like a crazy. It was strange to watch this program being so empty, although he did one of the step sequences and the famous flailing part mdr

Nóra Hoffmann/Maxim Zavozin - cheers What a pleasant surprise!!!! They skated their new LP, a hip-hop song! It was great to finally see them on the ice!

Silvia Fontana - nice and gracious

Jason Graetz - somewhat a clown on the ice. Ive never been into clowns, sorry.

Lang/Tchernyishev - they look so great on ice, the word which came to my mind was harmony...

Surya Bonaly - dressed in a tiny pink frilly, crinkly dress like a doll. I didnt like this dress because somehow I think she isnt that "im-a-weak-girl-save-me-plz" type, but never mind. She skated to Spanish music and did her famous backflip. (Although with a handdown, but at least she didnt fall, which would have been... ouch... affraid)

Fiona Zaulda/Dmitri Sukhanov - this was an acrobatical number with crazy lifts and spins

Graham/Polischuk - they are two guys doing kind of acrobatical skating, one doing a handstand on the head of his partner, etc... It was a funny number, both wore sunglasses, like some Men in Black! mdr

Elena Berezhnaya/John Zimmerman - oh _ my _ god :faint18x19wy5: :sotr_th43: John Zimmerman is hottt!!! They were so incredibly nice on the ice... Those moves, those absolutely gracious death spirals... I was truly enchanted. And John Zimmerman is hot. :faint18x19wy5: :faint18x19wy5:

Jozef Sabovčík - my hero! He earned a huuuuge applause already when he entered the ice. Three months ago he was in a hospital with broken ankle, he had to had a surgery and he is now back on the ice, doing triples and backflips like crazy. I really wanted him to just glide up and down and do some "creative posing" (as he once called it), everyone would have understood... But although it must have hurt, he gave his all and thats why I admire him, he is a fantastic guy... clap :super:

---intermission---

the young talents of Krasocentrum Košice - to Mambo Nr. 5. They were so cuute, so little boys and girls! It was lovely :love-love:

Irina Kazakova - it wasnt a skating but a gymnastical number on the podium. It was very impressive, she is really flexible!

Sergei Dobrin - it was also a great surprise. The presenter called him "the successor of Plushenko" - but hey, Plushenko is still around... :frogkiss:

Graham/Polischuk - i said i dont like clowns and funny-meant programs, but this was a huge entertainment!!! The all-time rivalry between a figure skater and a hockey player! :lach: They were really really funny I laughed a lot!

Afanaseva/Dack
- they were here already in April and they have a circus-like number with hula-rings. it is really impressive and the crowd always likes it.

Plush - with his new LP!!!!! However, it wasnt announced his new LP was gonna be presented or something, he just came on the ice, really taking his time, focusing, etc, so I already knew its going to be the new LP! Well. Suspect What to say. Im not impressed at all. The music is quite okay. The costume was terrible. I dont know why, he just had a black trousers and a black shirt and this can be really good-looking on some men (mostly on all men), but it just didnt work (at least for me) this time. He started with a 3t-3t combination which probably will be a 4t-3t in the future, then there was room for a second quad, but in reality he made only a double toe. Then triple axel and then I dont remember but he had many-many triples but no more combination and something was doubled. Suspect The straight line step sequence was impressive but during the spins i couldnt help thinking he is in pain. I really dont know why... Suspect But one thing is sure. He really wants to come back and this makes him happy. I could see that face expression - he was absolutely enthusiastic because of the skating itself. Not the crowd, not the reactions, but the fact he is skating his new competitive LP.

Lang/Tchernishev - as I said before, they look really great on the ice and its a pleasure to watch them!

Laurent Tobel - imagine a tired, exhausted snake who has to cross the desert... it is funny Razz

Zaulda/Sukhanov - really great "space" number, with this kinda robot-like moves and another impressive lifts and spins. They were cool.

Ekaterina Chesna/Alexander Chesna - I have heard many times from people that they are too afraid to watch pairs and they feel uncomfortable because they are so worried. I have never been that type and I couldnt understand it. Now I can. Dont take me wrong, it was a thrilling performance, they were hanging on those white straps and flying over the ice... OMG, i was soo afraid that they will fall... I was truly relived when they finished...

Viktor Petrenko - and his famous, well-known Mambo #5 with the doll. Entertaining as always!

Surya Bonaly - some more backflips and great spirals

Sabovčík - my hero, again!!!! He was just cool. He was so happy after each landed jump :yes: :yes:, it was just touching. I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheering cheering

Plush - Sex Bomb. Well, this is a cool number and he knows it. It was funny and I enjoyed it, the crowd went crazy.

La Grande Finale - which last almost 20 minutes and everyone showed something really cool, like Nora and Maxim (the presenter called them by accident as Nora and Attila mdr) a step sequence, Surya some spins and a backflip, Plushenko a fantastic crazy footwork (circular and also straight line, something says me its gonna be his new footwork in his SP....), which I liked a lot (after that he had to sat to a chair, though...). Sergei Dobrin did a triple and fell, and Plush stopped John Zimmerman who was the next to come and told Sergei to do it again! For the next time he landed it and Plush showed "very good" to him, it was a really nice moment! :super: At the very end they all skated around the rink and clapped hands with the lucky persons sitting on the ice including me!!!! Nora seemed happy to see me there and Sergei Dobrin smiled at me so sweetly that I started to melt and melt the ice, and when John Zimmerman and Jozef Sabovčík came, OMG, :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I was over the moon! In general, I left the rink in a euphory!!!

Last edited by Titanilla on 27.09.08 11:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 14:23

Big thanks for the report :jumping:
I'm not surprised you had such a great time, being a real VIP and having stars skating just a few metres from you must be quite a special experience sunny

Quote :
I could see that face expression - he was absolutely enthusiastic because of the skating itself. Not the crowd, not the reactions, but the fact he is skating his new competitive LP
It sounds so Moppish Rolling Eyes You described exactly how I always perceived his skating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 14:55

Wow ,great report ,thank a lot Titi !
Des photos ? lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 15:11

Titi, thank you! :Merci2: I always like your reports! :super:

Do you know tha name of the Plush LP music? I'm curious... Embarassed

I agree with you about John Z., he is HOT HOT HOT!! :jumping:

paige
Caruso

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 15:43

thanks for your great report Titi! it's very interesting. i'm very curious what will happen if Plushenko come back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 16:00

Thanks Titi!

John Z along with Elena B sounds very interesting!!!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lā

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 16:25

zandor wrote:
Do you know tha name of the Plush LP music? I'm curious... Embarassed

It is a tango, composed by - who else? - Edvin Marton. I dont know if it has any particular name.

Gis, unfortunately I took no photos.... No But after the show in Bratislava Im sure there will be lots of nice agency photos which I will put somewhere online!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   26.09.08 16:51

Thanks, Titi! :kissvn8.gif:

soraya
Love's divine

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 9:22

In EPD ( http://evgenyplushenkodevotion.yuku.com/topic/1593/t/From-Slovakia-until-Russia-Plushenko-39-s-upcoming-shows.html?page=4) put the "Godfather" of Plushenko Rolling Eyes
Nothing special, maybe in direct itīs better but in video is No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 10:45

As I was sure, Titi wrote a great report :super: , but since I promised to write as well, hereīs my little bit about the Kings on Ice 2, this time from Zvolen.

To start, I have to confess that I didnīt have that over-the-moon feeling before going to Zvolen. I was looking forward to it very much, yes, but all the time, I had some strange feeling that something is wrong there. Then I got it suddenly - of course, thereīs something wrong, itīs the King on Ice show and thereīs no Brian Joubert ... Razz
It was 5 oīclock p.m. and we were still in Prievidza (my hometown), about 64 kilometres away from the Zvolen ice rink. I just knew something would happen and indeed, it did. My mom had to stay longer at work, my grandma got stuck at the bus station (she went with us) and the time was running like crazy. When we finally got to Zvolen at about 18.15, we were quite relieved, yet....I have never thought the traffic jam would be that kind of an issue in this town. Of course, we got stuck in it, because all the cars were heading to the Winter stadium. As if that wasnīt enough, after about 25 minutes waiting desperately in the queue of cars, we took the wrong turn and had to go through all the torture again... Mad Thanks God, it was easier this time and it was exactly 19.00 when we finally got to the stadium. I jumped out of the car running into the stadium to find our seats and my parents with grandma went to find a place to park our car, which was a hell of a job to do... All in all, I ran into the stadium, found our places and exactly as I did it, the lights went out, so we managed it just in time :incass:

The start of the show was nice, building tension and expectation - a guy did a very effective greenish lasershow Smile
Then came Evgeni.... with the Godfather LP with Edvin playin really like crazy mdr . As Titi said, it was more about a warm-up making one jump after another, though he did also some doubles and a double (not a triple) axel (but thatīs normal, not many guys do a triple axel in the spotlights). The footwork was nice, although a bit slow I think and the spins were definately slower than usual. Of course the girls and women in the crowd were screaming, yet when he finished he got a great yet a kind of "normal" applause, when comparing to the kind when he was competing.
Lang/Tchernyishev really looked in total harmony and nice, though I can never remember to what they skate, because they always choose the same kind of music like "Still got the blues for you", so itīs difficult to remember Very Happy Oh, and I liked the way the announcer said that she adores a thing I couldnīt remember Very Happy and he (Peter) adores her (Naomi) lol!
Silvia Fontana skated to Hurt by Christina Aguilera and it was really nice and gracious as Titi mentioned. Sheīs the kind of skater like Valentina Marchei, creates great speed on the ice and lives the programme to the bones. Wonderful...
You could kill me but I canīt remember the name of the acrobat who was to follow Silvia. He did a programme to Crazy Frog, with a .... errr... donno whatīs the name of it, but itīs a kind of bicycle for small children Very Happy I enjoyed it Smile
I was pretty surprised when the announcer welcomed Nóra Hoffmann/Maxim Zavozin . It was nice to see Nora skating again, although I have to say, Attila was a better partner for her IMO. Maybe itīs only a matter of getting used to skating together, but I had the feeling that Maxim had some problems at the lifts, they looked a bit heavy to my untrained eye, and they were a bit slow. Neverthless, I enjoyed their new Hip-Hop LP, although I think it was more like a show number, but maybe Iīm old-fashioned Razz
On the contrary to Titi, I enjoyed Jason Graetz , his ankles ar really amazingly flexible, and it was a funny number Laughing
Dimitri Sukahanov& Fiona Zaldua were amazing, they skated to Canto Della Terra by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli, and I really loved it! Yes, it was more of an acrobatic number with great lifts, but fitted perfectly to the music. :super:
Graham/Polischuk , the "Men in Black" acrobats Very Happy I think their number was based on the Blues Brothers, it was very entertaining and they did some of their trademark moves (well, trademark, Polischuk used to skate with Besedin, so more of their trademark moves Razz) Included a little hot stuff for the ladies :naughty15kz:
Elena Berezhnaya&John Zimmerman - well, I donīt think thereīs anyone who would doubt that John really is hot Amour26 I was taping them so have only about two good photos, but I think youīll enjoy them anyway Razz The skating was very nice indeed, there was only one fact, that ...how to say it..... that I found interesting. They did all the traditional lifts and elements which John used to do with Kyoko Ina, so if I imagined Elena with dark hair, I would see Kyoko, because it was a typical Ina&Zimmerman routine and I missed the real Elena in it.... scratch but thatīs just my view...
Jozef Sabovčík - to be honest, I felt that he got a bigger applause then Evgeni even before he started skating lol! However, I really admire him for how he could recover from that ankle fracture just from 3 months ago cheers His backflips must have really hurt him, but he did them anyway, great guy!

I was glad that the intermission came, because I had to exchange my tape in the video camera Very Happy Funny, noone bothered about the taping and taking photos, as it usually is the case with such shows. Actually, I didnīt sit on my seat with my family, I was sitting/standing right next to the people from the press, so I had a great view Wink I just loved it! :jumping:

After the intermission, a few young skaters from the local club in Zvolen came to the ice and performed to a mambo from Dirty Dancing. That was really cute, since there were kids from the age of about 7 to young girls of about 15-16. They were really good and earned a huge cheer! :super:
Irina Kazakova performed a really wonderful gymnastic programme which reminded me somehow of a butterfly in a cocoon trying to get out. It was really impressive. By the way, she was carried to a "dry land" on the ice by one of the skaters.
Sergei Dobrin - a nice guy, skated nicely, did some good jumps and a great triple-triple combo, but was really funny in the end, because he lost balance after the final spin and literally fell down to the ice and stayed lying, making a great finishing pose, so his serious number to Beethoven, ended almost a bit like a parody lol! But he seemes to be a nice guy and had a lot of fun during skating, giving smiles to the audience Smile Oh, and he was the only skater who Mr. Mop himself came to look at from the boards. It was funny, because at one point when Sergei almost touched the ice after a jump, Evgeni shouted at him "Davai!" :lach:
Afanaseva&Dack as said, did a rings-skates show Very Happy Really crowd pleasing and amazing on control, she really is the Lady of the Rings lol! The got a huge applause!
Then came Silvia Fontana again. Boy, was she hot! If I was a man, I would be probably lying half dead by the end of the programme Razz She danced to a Britney Spears song and I can tell you, this girl really can dance!! (John Zimmerman has cheered her on at the boards, he was absolutely on fire Amour26 Very Happy)
Graham/Polischuk - the announcer described the programme as "thatīs how it looks like when two people canīt agree on something". It was indeed a rivalry between a classical dancer and a hockey player. They had a radio and were switching of from classical music to modern music, were basically fighting against eachother but it really was hillarious
:lach: Great fun!!
When Edvin Marton came to the ice again, I knew itīs Mr. Mopīs turn again. There was no doubt about it since he said that now comes a special surprise, a new programme by, I quote, "the one and only" Evgeni Plushenko. I donīt know who was more excited whether the crowd or Edvin, but I thought that Edvin was quite theatrical, but again, itīs just my oppinion.
Well, I have to share Titiīs impression of the programme. I was hoping for something new, different from what Evgeni has done in the past, year after year. Yet, in the middle of it already, I was telling myself, here we go again, the good old Plushi.... Suspect You know, donīt get me wrong, he is a great skater and entertainer, but it was exactly the same stuff heīs done in the past. Even the step-sequences looked the same, and if he really wants to come back, I sincerely hope that the judges wonīt be blinded only by his name, but will look at the programme as a whole. I cheered in the end, yes, I did, but inside, I wasnīt feeling anything special at all. Moreover, I had the feeling that he wasnīt skating with such passion as I was used to see in the past. Somehow, it left me a bit cold. Not to speak about the fact that I still think that his jumps and spins look a bit heavy and he did again some very easy doubles. Even the enthusiastic hug between Evgeni and Edvin didnīt persuade me. The crowd was cheering a lot but I just donīt know...Rolling Eyes
Lang&Tchernishev - very nice again, lovely programme (as before, I canīt remember the song hide8up )
Laurent Tobel - OMG, I was sooo happy he was there and his "The morning after a Saturday Night Party" was absolutely :lach: :lach: :lach: The facial expressions were second to none, this guy is really a masterpiece on himself lol!
Dimitri Sukahanov&Fiona Zaldua - a futuristic number, with great lifts and choreography!
Ekaterina Chesna/Alexander Chesna - OMG!!! This was my absolute highlight number one from the whole show! coeurgif The way they were skating and mostly flying to Mireille Matthieuīs version of Once Upon a Time in the West Theme, was absolutely breathtaking! I had shivers all the way through, the music and their performance was like something from a different world :cloud9: I donīt want to sound unfair or subjective, but to my ear, they got the biggest cheer of the evening....
Viktor Petrenko and his Mambo Nr.5 aka the Doll number Laughing Iīve seen it live already for the second time (COI 2005 was the first time), but itīs always funny and a pleaure to watch Very Happy
Then finally came Surya Bonaly! My childhood and early teenage hero Smile She skated to only one number here, One Day Iīll Fly Away from Moulin Rouge and it was absolutely beautiful :kissvn8.gif: Included a perfect one-footed backflip and wonderful spins. She got a huge applause already before skating (and after as well, of course)! Wonderful to see her live again (after COI 2005) :jumping:
Jozef Sabovčík again. A rock song, very good execution Smile
The ending was the time which everybody have been waiting for - it was the Sexbomb time lol! And to be honest, this was the number by Evgeni which I really LOVED most from all of his three performances! He was incredible at making and having fun and I think there were more than a few ladies shortly before getting a heart attack from the excitement Laughing This programme never fails to entertain and I love watching it Very Happy

The Grand Finale was a great final to a fantastic show! The skaters seemed having a big fun while doing some elements together, I loved especially the moment when Elena and John finished their element and saw Laurent Tobel stepping to the ice, he did some funny movements and John burst into laugh when seeing him, he told something to Elena and suddenly they made the same moves as Laurent, heading to him :lach:
As they made their final bows, all the skaters seemed pretty impressed by the huge and standing ovation by the crowd, which really was absolutely SUPERB all the evening through
:super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lā

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 11:33

Thanks for your detailed report, Michelle! I enjoyed it very much! :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 11:39

Some final thoughts:

As the show ended the announcer said that in about ten minutes, Evgeni is going to give autographs on "anything you have and will offer to sign". I was a bit surprised that only Evgeni, since I was hoping for an autograph at least from Surya and Laurent, but OK, if I have Evgeniīs I would be satisfied, I said to myself. There were about 60 people stucked in a small place where he would give the autographs. Nearby, there was a Russian girl, selling the Evgeni/Edvin DVDs and Edvinīs CD.
In a few minutes, we had to make a corridor while we saw Evgeni and Edvin (Suspect) coming surrounded by bodyguards. Evgeni was serious, Edvin was smiling like crazy... They sat down and started signing. The thing that really surprised me was, when one of the guards said that the people with CDs and DVDs have to come first Suspect We exchange strange looks with my parents and also other people around, but OK. We still didnīt know what was really going on. Yet, somehow, I started realizing something was or will be wrong here. The guard was still asking for more peole with CDs and DVDs, as a few other people with only notebooks or tickets were desperately buying Edvinīs CD (which was cheaper), to have a chance for an autograph.
After not more than 10 minutes, we stayed only about 20 with no CDs or DVDs when the bodyguard said "Sorry, thatīs all." ....
Imagine a child unwrapping a Christmas gift expecting a beautiful doll or the newest type of a Ferrari car model and when it unwraps the packet, thereīs only an empty box... Now you can imagine what we felt like. All the faces in awe and huge disappointment. I mean if there was a crazy atmosphere with girls fainting or something like that, I would understand, but for heavenīs sake, we were about 20 civilized people of the age mostly between 30 and 60 just wishing to get an autograph from someone we respected and admired and supported for years ... No
As I saw Evegni and Edvin leaving (again surrounded by about 6 bodyguards), I felt betrayed. Not because I didnīt get an autograph, but because I couldnīt believe that it was the organiserīs fault, as my mom tried to explain me (I think more, that she was only desperately looking for an excuse for all this). I just couldnīt believe, that a skater who is so popular and so admired by thousands of people all over the world would not have the power to say "wait, we still have 20 more people, my fans, and they would like an autograph" . I just couldnīt believe he would be so insensitive towards people who in many terms played their part in where he is today. I didnīt want to believe what I suspected already before - that he has become a "star".... Crying or Very sad
If he at least would have given us a smile and said "Iīm sorry, I donīt have any more time", I would somehow understand it, but his facial expres​sion(from what Iīve seen) didnīt change from the moment he came, to the moment he left. We thought, it would have been better if he didnīt sign anything at all, he would not have left people with bitter feeling after such an amazing show. If only....

We said to eachother, we wonīt bother about it, not to ruin the memory of a wonderful show. Yet, on the way back home, I was thinking about many things. I was thinking about my experiences in Zagreb and how the skaters were so grateful and wonderful with fans every single day, any hour, any mood theyīve been in.
I was thinking about Gwendal Peizerat at Euros 2001, when despite of having probably his worst skating night in his life (after the fall in the FD) he signed about 100 autographs for everyone waiting in front of the stadium.
I was thinking about Brian, how amazing and patient he was with every single fan (and there were sooo many!) and I remembered how many times Iīve read that when they give autographs after a show, heīs the last to leave, signing even up to 200 autographs with patience and smile, because he wants to thank his fans for the support...
You might say Iīm spoilt, but I was raised by my parents to be thankful for everything I have and get in my life. Thatīs why I thought, everybody is like that. Perhaps, I got it all wrong and should change my philosophy to "CDs and DVDs only".....

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 11:48

Titanilla wrote:
Thanks for your detailed report, Michelle! I enjoyed it very much! :super:

Youīre welcome, Titi, was my pleasure Smile

Btw, I will upload the videos and the photos Iīve taken, but please, give me a little time for the videos untill I get them right - thank you for your patience! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paige
Caruso

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 13:36

thanks for your great report Michelle!

about autographs...i don't think you're spoilt at all! i completely understand your feelings...and i'm not very surprised about what happened:S in my town there was Edvin Marton concert many times, and he always signed just his CDs or DVDs. and a few years ago when Plushenko came to Budapest, i've heard the same story from a girl who was there...so this is not the organizer's fault. this is not a fair behaviour. it seems that for Plushenko and Edvin Marton only those fans are important who buy a CD or a DVD.
there is a huge contrast between Brian's and Plushenko's behaviour but people are different. it's not worth to complain about Plushenko, just watch his skating, and then meet Brian if you want somebody who kindly sign you any piece of paper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eli
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2565

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 13:56

THANK YOU so much Titi and Michelle for your reports :kissvn8.gif:
I'm glad you had a great time at the gala!

and about Plush... I've just watched the vid (THANK YOU soraya!!!) and although the spins where not impressive and he really did skate from one jump to another the jumps themselves were good... I mean they were really really good and taking into consideration that he is still not as slim as he should be (but he probably will be in a while) I must say that now I definitely believe that he will come back to the competetive skating. There is a lot of work ahead of him cuz he is not as fast as he used to be but I can see that he does want to come back so let's wait and see how the judges will react Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 14:05

thank you girls for your reports.

what can i say plush came 2 times in romania. and i am glad he showed people some figure skating but in no way it crossed my mind to pay to go see him. maybe if there would have been other skater i would have gone. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 14:16

Thank you Patricia, Iīll remember your last point Very Happy
You know, I donīt complain, I was just upset, thatīs all. However, Iīve watched the Chesnasī flying number again a few moments ago and Iīm in the seventh heaven right now again, so everythingīs fine Very Happy

Irina, I knew there would be a good cast, so thatīs why I went there. Iīm not that rich to pay a ticket only because of one skater, so I got lucky here Very Happy And actually, I paid the tickets for my parents as the 30th wedding anniversary gift and for my grandma as a birthday gift. My parent bought the ticket for me as a belated birthday gift, so it was all kind of a nice gift-ceremony lol! Anyway, I understand what you mean Smile

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paige
Caruso

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 15:11

6marinka wrote:
You know, I donīt complain, I was just upset, thatīs all.
sorry, i didn't want to say you were complaining...it was a bad explanation. i just wanted to cheer you up Smile i understand that you were upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 16:55

Titi....Thank you for your wonderful report; you are so good at these, LOL.

Titi wrote:
Quote :
although he did one of the step sequences and the famous flailing part

Perhaps that should have been "infamous" flailing part? LOL. When I think of Plush's skating I always recall the flailing parts before I think of anything else, LOL. I consider it his signature trademark! Razz LOL

Michelle....I'm so sorry that you had such an awful experience with the autograph session and Plushenko. What an ass he was! He and his bodyguards certainly didn't handle that very well, and it's bad situations like that which stay in the minds of the fans, to get reported on messageboards and in media reviews, over and over again. I wonder if Plush's people understand the importance of preventive measures before they need to resort to damage control? Problably not. Rolling Eyes

Try, at least, to focus on the fun aspects of the show rather than what happened at the autograph session. It's better to remember how HOT John Zimmerman is Amour26 than to waste your time thinking about the less-than-stellar Plushenko. :ko:

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 17:03

paige wrote:
6marinka wrote:
You know, I donīt complain, I was just upset, thatīs all.
sorry, i didn't want to say you were complaining...it was a bad explanation. i just wanted to cheer you up Smile i understand that you were upset.

Itīs OK, Patricia, donīt worry about that, I know what you meant Wink

Thanks, Mary C., as I said I will remember only the great show and the great experiences. Only one thought, the bodyguards were Slovaks and they were actually quite nice, you could see from the expression of the one who announced the "end" that he was really sorry of it. I really felt with him Very Happy) But believe me, I wonīt forget how hot John Z. is lol! (though, noone can top Brian, hehehe tire la langue )

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 17:42

Hereīs my first homevideo contribution from this show (the others will take a few days I think):

Ekaterina Chesna & Alexander Chesna - Un jour tu reviendras :cloud9:

mediafire.com download.php?zjtqjwn0hht

Enjoy!

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lā

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 18:04

Michelle, Im actually sorry for the big fans of Plushenko, who like him as much as we love Brian. Because when we have the chance to visit a competition or a show with Brian, there is a very high chance that we can meet him, too, to ask for autograph or a photo, to tell him a few words of encouragement and support.

Im totally sure the fans of Plushenko would love to do the same. I can imagine how upset you were, although you are not a fan of Plush (but still, I really understand how you felt!), so imagine how someone, who is a devoted fan of Plush, must have felt! I mean, he came to Slovakia, OK, it is a great thing, he made figure skating more popular here again. But as you said, there werent 10000 crazy people just a few fans. Not a neverending quew, just 20 more people. It wouldnt take more than 5 minutes.

But he is Plushenko and he had to go.

I really wonder if he ever smiles when he is not on the ice and not shopping with Edvin "Noone-can-beat-my-hero" Marton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 20:02

Titi, you are so good at hitting the nail on the head ...
You were talking about devoted Plush-fans and how they must have felt. Well, my mom is one of them and as I said, she tried to excuse him and blame the others, but Iīm sure, inside, she was disappointed as well. I wonīt tell her about the fact, that this wasnīt the first time it happened - I donīt want to upset and hurt her even more. She will probably (like me) never have the chance to see Evgeni live again, so I wish that she keeps a good memory of him, not a bad one...
And this comment you made "But he is Plushenko and he had to go." is absolutely perfect...

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 20:55

Great report ,thank a lot Michelle .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   27.09.08 21:19

Oh boy, Iīm posting really a lot here today, but here are the uploaded photos from the show:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007967&l=0245e&id=1042324006
with the rest here:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007974&l=bda4a&id=1042324006

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King on Ice shows in Slovakia   

Back to top Go down

King on Ice shows in Slovakia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: