View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 16:45

About the article:
Quote :
Plushenko (pictured) had headed into retirement aged just 23 following his gold-medal winning performance in Turin four years ago but he traded in his pension book just a few months ago in an attempt to become the first man in almost six decades to win back-to-back Olympic titles.

I think she has one point here, this is a better reason to come back then 'My WIFE'. Concerning the rest of the article, there were more members here who said something about Plushes arms swaying (me included Very Happy )

Normaly I also look at the transitions, but specialy in the beginning of the program. From what I've seen the last couple of years on television is that every skater does his important jumps at the beginning, after that the real skating begins. It's allmost like a to-do-list, do a quad combination with a triple, followed by a triple axel, and a triple lutz or flip. After that you can see the skater relax a bit and continue with the program. I agree if Brian said that he needs to concentrate on the jumps, specially at the beginning of the program but during the program itself I think it is necessary to use transistion. Just to keep the program intresting to watch, Lambiel and Contesti use the transitions all the time and sometimes the jumps are a suprise!
And even though skaters might think that these transitions are not important, it could cost you points (cause it's still one of the presentation elements) and evantually it might even cost you a golden medal.....

Sheena, Irina, Clam, Jeanne have a GREAT time in Vancouver! Bon voyage! Coucou30

Irina; I hope they will let you in with your camera!

Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 17:37

I still stand my ground and believe that Brian works and has worked more,than others during past 4-5 years!...I don't mean to show my disrespect to other skaters,NO WAY!I just say what i believe in and what i see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 19:57

Bladette wrote:
schiele wrote:
Nicely put oana24!!!
While we're right on the subject, somebody decided to have a re-newed rant about "the jumping machines" Plushy and Jouby. I think he decided he's been quiet for long enough. And he seems to think he's gonna be the future of figure skating and save it for us.. Thank god! I was getting worried we were gonna see some new atheletes daring to do difficult jumps. Evil or Very Mad
Im feeling extra b***y today so I'm gonna post this article. Here you go (Im sorry if it was already posted somewhere on the foum):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jYS5yMiIK28X-CTPFht4-ifOKT_g

That article was so annoying, lol! This quote from Patrick is just ridiculous: "For me the transitions are one of the most important things in a programme, otherwise it's very boring to watch." I mean really?? Maybe he should be an ice dancer then??

I have to say lately it's been a bit difficult to read fsuniverse and goldenskate forums because once again so many people like to bash Brian. It's also very annoying that Plushenko had to say those things about Brian's transitions in the SP and now he got drawn into this judging mess. grrrrrrrrrmur

I especially liked this opening: Chan refused to be drawn into the controversy Yeah, he's a real paragonm of manners. Half a sentence later, he is bashing Plush.

I have grown very tired of media-darling, Mr. Transitions himself. I hope he not only ends up off the Olympic podium, but out of the top 5, as well. I want him to skate in the gala just because he is Canadian and not because he'd earned the right. Perhaps that would teach him some manners.

I agree that Plushy's style (Brian's too, for that matter) is "old" - I take that to mean per-CoP, when skaters, especially men, were athletes first and had to try the most difficult ATHLETIC feats, not gather points by doining 2A-2T-2T (in the second half of the program!). I think part of the reason that Brian has such a hard time adapting his jump layout to CoP is that he (like I do) sees no point in "3-jump-combos" when those 3 jumps are the easiest in the book. He is striving to do the most difficult program (hence his obsession with 3 quads), not gather points like some accountant. Give me "old" skaters any day, Mr. Chan. I don't find "young" skaters so appealing.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 20:03

Anastasia wrote:
I still stand my ground and believe that Brian works and has worked more,than others during past 4-5 years!...I don't mean to show my disrespect to other skaters,NO WAY!I just say what i believe in and what i see.

What I find most admirable, is that in the summer of 2006, when he was already twice world silver medalist, Brian realized he is not (yet) the best thing that had happened to FS in ages, like some people think about themselves (cough, cough). He went to Browning to work on choreography and footwork, he went to Lucinda Ruh to work on spins. He could have stuck to same-old, same-old, like Plushy, but he decided he wanted to be BETTER, and to that end he worked very hard. Everyone can see the difference in quality, in his presentation, over the last 4 years. How many skaters continue to improve into their 20s? How many of them do that AFTER landing on the world podium? Such dedication is very special.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oana24

Number of posts : 973

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 20:43

lonnie wrote:
Anastasia wrote:

What I find most admirable, is that in the summer of 2006, when he was already twice world silver medalist, Brian realized he is not (yet) the best thing that had happened to FS in ages, like some people think about themselves (cough, cough). He went to Browning to work on choreography and footwork, he went to Lucinda Ruh to work on spins. He could have stuck to same-old, same-old, like Plushy, but he decided he wanted to be BETTER, and to that end he worked very hard. Everyone can see the difference in quality, in his presentation, over the last 4 years. How many skaters continue to improve into their 20s? How many of them do that AFTER landing on the world podium? Such dedication is very special.

Lonnie
Lonnie, these are exactly my thoughts. I admire Brian very much for his improvement over the past years, i didn't really realize it until i watched his programs from Turin a few days ago & the difference is stiking, i even think he's better now (provided he skates clean) than he was in his golden year 2007. Once they reach a certain level, many skaters work hard to stay there, but Brian constantly tried to surpass his limits. While others rely on their strong points (spins, transitions, interpretation etc), Brian recognized his weaknesses and tried to correct them. I can't judge how hard everyone's worked, i'm sure all skaters put tremendous efforts into their preparation for the Olympics, but i can't help appreciating Brian (more than anyone else) for his struggle to surpass himself all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloudkicker09
Untouchable

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 3:02

Any word on how brian is doing, practicing, mood etc...Is he going to be in the opening ceremonies tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 12:55

Brian leaves today to Vancouver! I do not think that Brian is present at the opening ceremony!
Brian part aujourd'hui à Vancouver !Je ne pense pas que Brian soit présent à la cérémonie d'ouverture

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 13:40

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features....lushenko+edited

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 14:19

http://www.daylife.com/photo/004Get4cvz8G8?q=figure+skating

lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 14:24

MAMOUNA38 wrote:

lol!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 16:12

MAMOUNA38 wrote:

lol!

Yikes!!

Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 16:27

LOL

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cbjeujb7w6AO?q=figure+skating
Back to top Go down
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 16:37

thanks ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 21:10

All girls going to Vancouver - have fun & cheer the best way you can! Danseuse01 crazy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 21:51

Sorry, ladies, was out for some time, but I´m really looking forward to the Olympics and I found this quite interesting:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022010/58/winter-olympics-sale-plushenko-awful.html

All those of you who are in Vancouver, enjoy your stay and may our dreams come true!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   12.02.10 22:00

Anastasia wrote:
LOL

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cbjeujb7w6AO?q=figure+skating

Hahaha Like a kid in a candy store, that's how happy he looks!

Michelle! Thank you, but this article was posted in the article section as well. There a lot of articles posted in the article sticky topic everyone if you want to read them!

Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 0:28

Nodar Kumaritashvili, a 21-year-old luger, has died after a horrifying crash in training!
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12022010/58/winter-olympics-tragic-death-winter-olympics.html

I just saw a video of the crash on TV. It is terrible Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 0:54

thank you michelle and nina Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 4:12

Yes Nina.....What a terrible and sad beginning of the Olys....Sad
Back to top Go down
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 12:12

so sad story... Crying or Very sad

Thank you ladies for the pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 12:17

yes Nina, I saw the pictures in the paper this morning. Awful!

I'm watching the opening ceremony, Kevin van der Perren was holding the flag for Belgium! It was such a suprise! And Stefan Lindemann was walking in front of the german delegation hihi!
Stephane Lambiel was holding the flag for swistserland! He was so happy and chan was visible on television also holding his two thumbs in the air!

Last edited by Nona on 13.02.10 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 12:31

Nona wrote:
I think Brian is not present...
I think Brian arrived yesterday evening
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pinterest.com/lightandclouds/
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 13:05

Normally; Brian did not want to march in the opening to avoid catching a cold etc but he will be present at the closing of JO!
Normalement ;Brian ne désirait pas de défiler à l'ouverture pour éviter de prendre froid etc mais il sera présent à la fermeture des JO!
J'ai vu Isa et Olivier ,Romain Hagenauer ...

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   13.02.10 13:13

http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2010/index.htm

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   

Back to top Go down

2010 Vancouver Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: