thanks manon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maarjake
Love's divine

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   10.02.10 20:39

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022010/58/winter-olympics-sale-plushenko-awful.html

that is very similar to what I think about Plushenko! well said!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   10.02.10 22:00

Maarjake wrote:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022010/58/winter-olympics-sale-plushenko-awful.html

I think Ms. Sale is quite rude. I never liked Plushenko's style, but I have to respect his amazing abilities. Just to come back from where he was a year ago - overweight and doing those ridiculous Eurovision-style shows, and after the recent knee troubles, and to skate like he did at Euros - that takes a rare individual indeed.

It doesn't seem that he has an unfair PCS advantage over the others, like he had in 2006 (I am beginning to realize that the 2006 advantage was not all-that-unfair, as well) - the judges at Euros didn't favor him over Brain or Stephane in PCS.

I wish with all my heart for Brian to win gold in Vancouver, but if he doesn't, I'd rather see Plushy win again, that would give some of the transition-crazed something to bitch about. And for God's sake - no quadless-miracle on the podium (at least not 1-2)! That would kill men's skating for me.

Four more days to go. I'm getting hyper already.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maarjake
Love's divine

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   10.02.10 22:31

Quote :
And for God's sake - no quadless-miracle on the podium (at least not 1-2)! That would kill men's skating for me.

Totally agree with you on that part!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 0:02

girls i had alsmost no time lately to read here and i am not sure when i will have time again to write before i come back from vancouver.
so i wish you all to have fun and try not to have a heart attack during the competitions.
good luck to our boy and talk to you all when i get back.

love for everybody and allezBrian BJDGbanner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 1:38

Have a tremedous time, Irina!! Safe trip, too!

You haven't left yet and I'm already anticipating all the cool stuff you'll have to tell us when you return and can post to the board, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maarjake
Love's divine

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 7:00

have a wonderful, wonderful time, Irina!!! ...and I'm sure you will!!! Danseuse01
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schiele
Untouchable

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 7:10

lonnie wrote:
Maarjake wrote:

I think Ms. Sale is quite rude. I never liked Plushenko's style, but I have to respect his amazing abilities. Just to come back from where he was a year ago - overweight and doing those ridiculous Eurovision-style shows, and after the recent knee troubles, and to skate like he did at Euros - that takes a rare individual indeed.

It doesn't seem that he has an unfair PCS advantage over the others, like he had in 2006 (I am beginning to realize that the 2006 advantage was not all-that-unfair, as well) - the judges at Euros didn't favor him over Brain or Stephane in PCS.

I wish with all my heart for Brian to win gold in Vancouver, but if he doesn't, I'd rather see Plushy win again, that would give some of the transition-crazed something to bitch about. And for God's sake - no quadless-miracle on the podium (at least not 1-2)! That would kill men's skating for me.

Four more days to go. I'm getting hyper already.

Lonnie
Oh Lonnie, I soooooooooo agree with you, especially about that transition-crazed part.. Enough already.. Transitions alone do not make good skating and Im sick and tired of transitions being treated as the 8th wonder of the world. Where was all this hype back in 2004 when Lambiel was still doing a programme full of transitions.. People should skate in their own styles and the system should not try to mould them into a single style.
I don't think I'll survive this event, Im very depressed already and if I see on the podium what I think I'll see, I don't know how I'll get my enthusiasm back.
Oh and Ms. Sale, you had no decent choreography yourself back in the day.

PS: A belated thanks everyone working for the card, hope you'll be able to give it to Brian. And I hope he'll have the skate he wants.. Drapeau
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alusa
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 7:38

Have a good time in Vacouver Irina. Enjoy your stay over there sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oana24

Number of posts : 973

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 9:01

Irina, Sheena, Jeanne & Klam, have a wonderful time in Vancouver! cheers Cheer as much and as loudly as you can for Brian and hopefully he'll give you THE reason to celebrate! Danseuse01

What these infamous transitions are concerned, i think it's absurd to make transitions to be as important as jumps or even compare them, let's take the quad for instance - i think it must be 1000 times harder to do than some crazy arm flapping, or any jump actually has to be a lot more difficult to do than transitions. If you're a good skater, you rely on the jumps, if you're an average one you stuff your program with transitions. Brian explained it very well in an interview that you can do a lot of transitions in a program where you only jump triples, but when you do a quad or a 3A you can't allow yourself to put so many transitions before those jumps because more effort and concentration are required for the jumps (i'm not sure this is exactly what he said, but it was something like this Razz ).

And of course figure skating is a great deal about artistry too, but it's a sport in the first place, imo the skaters first have to be athletes who can do jumps and all sort of difficult technical elements and build up the artistry on this basis, not be artistic on no technical basis and rant about the lack of artistry of the ones who work hard on the quad and on the technique. Don't get me wrong, i don't think a skater should be a jumping machine and nothing more, the jumps without the artistry make a mediocre skater, but it's just the same for the artistry without the jumps. I think a skater who's not ok with being an athlete in the first place, and then an artist, should have considered ballet before taking up skating (and should have stayed with ballet lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 9:03

Irina, Sheena, Jeanne & Klam have great trip!!!!! And we all waiting for your expressions manga38
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schiele
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 9:08

Nicely put oana24!!!
While we're right on the subject, somebody decided to have a re-newed rant about "the jumping machines" Plushy and Jouby. I think he decided he's been quiet for long enough. And he seems to think he's gonna be the future of figure skating and save it for us.. Thank god! I was getting worried we were gonna see some new atheletes daring to do difficult jumps. Evil or Very Mad
Im feeling extra b***y today so I'm gonna post this article. Here you go (Im sorry if it was already posted somewhere on the foum):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jYS5yMiIK28X-CTPFht4-ifOKT_g
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 9:18

Have a safe trip,all BDJG girls,who are going to enjoy Vancouver adventures!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 10:38

schiele wrote:
Nicely put oana24!!!
While we're right on the subject, somebody decided to have a re-newed rant about "the jumping machines" Plushy and Jouby. I think he decided he's been quiet for long enough. And he seems to think he's gonna be the future of figure skating and save it for us.. Thank god! I was getting worried we were gonna see some new atheletes daring to do difficult jumps. Evil or Very Mad
Im feeling extra b***y today so I'm gonna post this article. Here you go (Im sorry if it was already posted somewhere on the foum):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jYS5yMiIK28X-CTPFht4-ifOKT_g

That article was so annoying, lol! This quote from Patrick is just ridiculous: "For me the transitions are one of the most important things in a programme, otherwise it's very boring to watch." I mean really?? Maybe he should be an ice dancer then??

I have to say lately it's been a bit difficult to read fsuniverse and goldenskate forums because once again so many people like to bash Brian. It's also very annoying that Plushenko had to say those things about Brian's transitions in the SP and now he got drawn into this judging mess. grrrrrrrrrmur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 12:04

Bladette wrote:
It's also very annoying that Plushenko had to say those things about Brian's transitions in the SP and now he got drawn into this judging mess. grrrrrrrrrmur

I think you made the point. When Brian criticized Buttle winning without a quad, Buttle wasnt involved in it. Now Plush said something and Brian is also in it. I feel very very bad about it, honestly. I thought it was obvious Plush acted a bit cocky at that press conf, promoting his show, and thought he can say anything. He would never say such a thing at a big competition press conf or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schiele
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 12:11

With so much uncalled-for bashing already going on, that was very unnecessary fuel to the fire indeed.. I think it made Chan's day when the skaters he criticized made it easier for him to bury them in the public. Its so sad that only one side of the coin is criticized while the other side completely flies off the radar.. I applaud Brian for avoiding to get involved in this publicly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 12:32

Yes, I think it would be wise for Brian not to give any comments about this all before the SP. Whatever he would say would be turned into something else. silent

Titi, you must feel awful, because you wrote that article where those Plushy quotes are from? I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 12:50

I have an opinion,that Brian has no strong protective support nor from French Federation,neither from french mass media.If he did,they would never let it happen,that he got involved in suchlike scandal,having in fact nothing to do with it. Plush has always had a long tongue,but he is always forgiven by everyone,as he wears a "crown" and he is the "King" and so on...However for Brian it may be really harmful at Olys.
I don't believe in "fair play" in SPORTS any more,it's all about business & bureaucracy!I do have bad sensations for this Games,we'll see....
Back to top Go down
schiele
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 13:00

Feeling shared here.. The expression on the face of my avatar is truly planted on my actual face these days..
I agree about the feeling that Brian has no helping hand from his media or his fed.. He worked to put transitions in the programme, has actual choreo this year but it'll never stop anybody from criticizing, will it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 13:09

Never.It seems Brian is the most attractive victim for everyone...I feel so sorry for him!I think the root of this is in the absence of INTEREST for Figure Skating in France!It's much less popular there than oher sports.Plush is supported by prime minister of RUSSIA and even president,while i doubt Nicolas Sarkozy will give a fast answer to a question "who is Brian Joubert?"
He WORKS more than anyone else,he DESERVES this medal(any....any olympic medal) more than anyone,HE IS SO PROPER AND KIND in his deeds even torwards contenders,BUT STILL he tastes so much bitter...I pray for God's help FINALLY!!!KINDNESS MUST WIN OVER SELFISHNESS!
Back to top Go down
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 13:09

Brian has the support of DG but if he misses Olys 2010, there this risks barding and in more he ya Florent who "grows" (he also is very going to be to watch by the fédé (in any case a French sportsman wins he has all commendations of the press, the same sportsman is planted, he has all criticisms... Brian knows something about it in 2006).
Brian must make his two programmes impeccably and.............
Chan makes me laugh with the statements concerning Plushenko and he reminds me of Brian at the time of the statements to the press.......
Transitions etc it is but what the guys prennet of risks by attracting and réussisant quadruples it is still better otherwise it will be on the same mould and it will be annoying as everything!
Brian a le soutien de DG mais s'il passe à côté des Olys 2010 , là ça risque de barder et en plus il ya Florent qui " pousse" ( lui aussi va être très surveiller par la fédé ( de toute façon un sportif français gagne il a tous les louanges de la presse ,le même sportif se plante , il a toutes les critiques ... Brian en sait quelque chose en 2006 ) .
Brian doit faire ses deux programmes impeccablement et .............
Chan me fait rire avec ses déclarations concernant Plushenko et il me rappelle Brian au moment de ses déclarations à la presse .......
Les transitions etc c'est bien mais que les gars prennet des risques en tentant et réussisant les quadruples c'est encore mieux sinon cela sera sur le même moule et cela sera ennuyeux comme tout !
Have a great time Irina , Sheena , Jeanne ............. manga38
BJDGbanner bjdgbanner bjrdg2yt8

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 13:30

We will put articles (on all present skaters) photos etc..

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=figure+skating
http://www.eurosport.fr/patinage-artistique/vancouver-2010/2009-2010/la-confiance-de-gailhaguet_sto2217763/story.shtml

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 13:31

MAMOUNA38 wrote:
Have a great time Irina , Sheena , Jeanne .............

We'll try - very hard! lol! Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 14:20

thank you gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   11.02.10 15:07

Have a wonderful time at the Olympics ladies hugs Try not to die of nerves lol!
as for Brian: much as I agree with what you girls say about him, the lack of support etc. saying that he works harder than anyone else is an exaggeration to me. Other skaters also work very very hard, some of them also study and most of them have both new programs contrary to Brian. Some also leave their country to train somewhere else and it must be very difficult for them too. But don't get me wrong - there's no denying that Brian works reaaaally hard, I just felt that it was an exaggeration to say that he works harder than everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics   

Back to top Go down

2010 Vancouver Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: