View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   05.08.09 12:06

malgosia i have finally managed to watch the short film you told us about " harvey krumpet ". it is such a sad and happy story. i really liked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   05.08.09 15:02

I have seen Harry Potter. I'm a Harry Potter fan... and I must say it was little part of book, but the better part of .......love lol! I was laughting many times to see behavioures of young people in love. They act very well Razz It was quite funny Very Happy

And of course I love Luna's acting!!!! "extremally normal"

And I saw the trailes of new Sherlock Holmes - I must see it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   05.08.09 19:05

katherine i also appreciated the people in love part. i liked this in the book also a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.08.09 20:21

irina_something wrote:
but seeing the movie got me in the mood for some hp so i am now rereading the 7th book hide8up
You're not alone in that,LOL!!Don't ask why...I've read all the books within a night,but the last one came out right during exam time,so everytime time coming up something new,I never managed to read the whole book!!

mba83 wrote:
They act very well Razz It was quite funny Very Happy
Rupert Grint on lovepotion...PRICELESS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.08.09 8:24

Oh well... Yesterday I went to watch Harry Potter in the cinema... Of course I havent checked if its dubbed or not, and it was. This quite ruined the fun for me, as I love movies in English... English helps me to feel Im in a completely different world, while Slovak dubbing made it all so ordinary.

Anyway... Somehow I was not satisfied with the movie itself. Im not a Harry Potter fan, but I saw the fourth movie and liked it soooo much, because it was much closer to a horror than to a fairy tale. But this time... Somehow it lacked action for me.

I need more fight!!!

And Dumbledore fighting with those zombie-like thingies in the cave reminded me soooo much Gandalf and his "You shall not pass" - and Gandalf was much much better...

The love-parts were ridiculous, Luna was probably the best character of all....

I would have preferred more from Severus Snape....

But my favourite moment was the quiddich game and Ron saving all the shots... Yeah, Im a goalkeeper-freak mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.08.09 13:54

I saw "HP7" twice Razz for the 1st time in the original English version and for the 2nd time the film was dubbed (and also I watched it in the company of Sonia and Caro so you can imagine how much fun we had Very Happy) I laughed A LOT at the 'love parts' of the film. especially Ginny tying Harry's shoelaces was ridiculous :lach: I missed the big fight at the end. and as always I had the feeling that if I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have known what was going on in the film Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   02.11.09 19:02

well , i only saw shitty movies lately. i need a good movie please !!!

i saw a nice but old one called " maurice ". well i like to see some love stories from the old england and this one was nicely done with all the romantic and tender stuff one needs from a love story. of course it's cheesy but it's supposed to be .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.12.09 20:39

i saw " law abiding citizen " last night at the cinema. i went because it has gerard butler in it. it's thriller kind of movie, not bad, but ad most thrillers do fizzled towards the end.

and i saw " pandorum " today. it's sci-fi. and it does not reinvent the sci-fi genre or anything but it is good and it has ban foster in it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.10 23:43

so i saw " avatar " and i still wonder what is it with people ?
yes, it is a nice movie. james cameron thinks of a nice world on the planet pandora. but other than that and the special effects the movie is just so.... easy. what i thought was the funniest thing about this movie was the fact that it tried to convict consumerism and of course in order to make that point, a blockbuster movie had to be made . i wonder if cameron's sense of irony is really that deep or he just thought that we are all silly????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.01.10 13:26

I haven't seen Avatar, and even though I love sci-fi, I don't want to see it. It looks visually stunning, but it just doesn't look good.

Anyone see Sherlock Holmes? I saw that with my mom, and we both loved it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.01.10 13:42

Kiki, I'm going to watch SH today at night and I'm glad you like it. cheers I hope I enjoy it too! cheergo2

Talking about Avatar, here another one who likes sci-fi but don't care about this movie Rolling Eyes . Too much hype about a mediocre movie pale , imo...I don't know why but I don't like James Cameron movies( even Titanic).

irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.01.10 18:06

iza, cameron movies are ok but what becomes annoying about them is that people treat them like they are something other then mediocre. just because you put more money than anyone ever thought possible in a movie it doesn't mean that it isn't crappy.

as for sherlock holmes, i enjoyed it. it's a fun film. of course if you happen to be a fan of the original character ( which i was not ) you will discover that guy richie's sherlock has little in common with the original. but since i never really cared for the original, this sherlock, witty performed by robert downey jr, whom i love, was a very enjoyable experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.01.10 21:26

I've came back from the movie and I'm very upset because I couldn't watched SH Sad ! It was full on 5 movies until friday...So, I will buy my ticket on line for saturday. I was so disapointed about what happened, that my cousin, sister and I went to a shopping near the cinema and bought many summer dresses, it was so good! Here, is hot hot sunny like hell, although it is 38ºC you really feel like 50ºC, according the methereologists

irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.01.10 23:29

iza, i envy you for the weather !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 10:03

I saw Avatar in 3D yesterday - my first 3D movie and I have to admitt that I was really impressed! I'm afraid any "normal" movie will be boring from now on Wink We should really have this technique at home to watch figure skating Very Happy
For the movie itself - I really liked it! To be honest I loooved Titanic so I guess I just like James Cameron's style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 17:03

stefanie, i do understand being impressed with 3D. i am impressed with 3D too.
but i really don't wish to see all movies in 3D. i mean for some movies it really doesn't matter even if you see them on a really small screen in black and white because it is not about the image but it is about the content.
and i for one wish some movies will be about the image but i hope most of them to still be about an idea, if possible a smart idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 20:40

Of course you are absolutely right, Irina!
There are some movies, like for example Schindler's List or from the newer movies Pope Joan or Grand Torino, that I could watch on and i-pod screen and still end up deaply impressed or even in tears. So from that point of view, I absolutely agree, that some movies don't need 3D at all.
Too bad that such movies are fare too rare ...!
But such movies don't count as "normal" movies anyway, so let's say that "normal movies" include all those more commercial movies, or how ever you want to call them. Not that commercial movies can't have a message ... ko Well, I hope you get my point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 20:42

Has anybody seen the movie Into the Wild? I've watched it recently and I'm curious about others' opinions.

Also, maybe it's not a perfect place to ask, but has anyone (especially from our American friends) seen the Wicked musical?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 21:51

yes carol i have seen into the wild and now it is one of my favorite movies of all time. i loved everything about it : the idea, the cinematography and the music. i had eddie vedder's music on repeat for weeks after i saw the movie.

i had some arguments about this movie with people that did not like it and i discovered that the ones that did not like it understood it completely different from me.

what i saw was a boy a lot like me only better at heart but with a sadder background story.
i think it's normal when you are at his age, somewhere in early 20's to want to find yourself. what i found out now that i am almost in my 30's is that you still try to figure yourself out even 10 years later.
but when you are very young you tend to be more passionate about things and also you want to rebel against everything and i think that is a normal part of life. you reject all and that you let back in what really fits your character.

and i also liked in the movie the way the parents are portrayed. at first you see them all selfish and then you get to see them as complex beings that even if flawed they still really love their son.

and chris is also flawed but he is good at heart so in the end he manages to see also his own flaws not just the ones of the people around him. but unfortunately he doesn't manage to get back to the world to tell them what he learned about himself.

also the acting is superb. i love emile hirsch. and sean penn might be nuts but he doesn't have this hollywoodyan need to make crappy movies just for the sake of it and you can see that in this movie too. i only saw one other movie directed by sean penn and that one is a very sad movie too called " the pledge ".

and about " wicked " i only heard about it whn i heard about adam lambert because he was in the chorus or something and i don't really know anything else.

carol, i really wanna hear your take on the movie because i had lots of arguments about this movie and i am curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 22:18

I also saw some arguments caused by this movie and I didn't really get it.

Because everything about it is simple - it's not a Hollywood story about some young idealist, full of fluffy moments, happiness and luck. It's a real story with no happy ending and that only makes it tragic - beautiful, yes, but still tragic.

I actually agree with everything you said.

And it also had a huge impact on me, because of one point. For some time, when I came to Warsaw, and, well, didn't have too many people around, I thought that it's allright and I can well enough manage without them. And at some point this movie opened my eyes, because it's obvious you can't make anything without some close people around you (Happiness only real when shared). So now I'm trying to fix that and not repeat his mistake...

That's the reason I think that everyone who gets a chance to see it should do so - because it helps you to cross out from your list one way that would certainly not lead you to happiness. Chris tried it and it didn't work. Maybe thanks to that others wouldn't repeat his mistake?
And of course I can also personate with this finding-my-way feeling. I think everyone does. Though I'm afraid I could never have so much courage to follow this path as strongly as he did.

And I was asking about Wicked because I fell in love with it (without actaully seeing it lol!), I just adore the soundtrack and I downloaded a crappy camera recording of a Broadway version, though didn't have yet time to finish watching it (because the official DVD hasn't been released). I was just curious to listen to some opinions of people who've seen it live Smile
Back to top Go down
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 22:32

yes, i also don't think i would have the courage, especially because i don't have an alternative to his alaska dream. that's why i said he's a lot like me, only better.
but i do have my own stories of self discovery like everyone, some good , some bad, some just weird.

but the people i argued with that did not like the movie saw this movie like a glorification of not giving a shit about anybody. i just can not understand how someone can look at the movie and see that. so i had some very heated arguments with some people Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 22:36

Carol, a friend of mine saw Wicked. She's a theater major, and she didn't like it. She felt that while it was visually stunning, the songs weren't great and felt that it went on too long.

I haven't seen Into the Wild, but I did have to read the book for a class. I hated the book, which is a shame because I have a lot of respect for Jon Krakauer (the author). In my opinion, Chris was just another stupid rich kid who didn't realize that he had a good life, threw it all away, and made dumb choices that caused his unnecessary death. Sorry girls, but that's my opinion. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.01.10 22:48

I can - at some point - understand people who say that Chris was, well, selfish - I, for myself, would never do anything to harm my family in THAT way. But it's not like he didn't understand his mistake - it's just he didn't get the chance to fix it. That's why I think that everyone should see it - that there are some thing that shouldn't be repeated. And he was just a human - he had the right to get lost.
But what you said, that he had a good life and threw it all away - that's exactly the point, he had so much courage and faith in what he was going to do that he was ready to sacrifice all the goods that life gave him. It's easy for someone who has nothing - there's just nothing to sacrifice, but when you have everything? He just missed that one thing - the point of living. And, maybe I'm young and stupid, but I don't really think one can go on for too long without that thing.

And Kiki, no need to apologize, everyone has a right to have their own opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.01.10 0:50

i know that the book and movie are based on a real living person but i choose to ignore that. i did not do a research on the real person because that would just take away from the movie. so i am just speaking about what it's shown in the movie.

what does it mean to have everything???? it means different things for different people. i think finding out who you are is a big deal. and i think that 19-20 is a good age to be selfish.
also he's leaving the family helped his mother and father realize what is really important to them and what not. because at the beginning of the movie the parents are all about money and fancy stuff.

i never understand why is it that if somebody doesn't want money he is considered weird. he did not want money and a high education, which it doesn't mean that he wanted to be uneducated. it's just that that was not where he was in the moment of his life.
what he needed then was and i think he says somewhere in the movie, he wanted something he felt he made himself, something to make him feel strong.
and he wanted no bullshit, he wanted truth from the people surrounding him.

and he was at a point in his young life where he was very impressed by ideas. he read a lot and he tryed to life out an ideal.
he was young !!!!!!! i don't know about others but i did change my views since i was 20. i was more into " i would never do that " then i am now. now i realize i never know what i would never do Razz

was he stupid? of course. so what? aren't we all sometimes???

i realise that the reason i loved this movie is because i see myself as chris. the chase to find out who i am is still on for me. and i am sure i will die trying to find out and i hope to be so lucky as to find out before i die. ( i hope you understand what i mean )

and the idea of absolute freedom??? was i the only one who ever was a teenager??? there is a time in life when you think you can have absolute freedom. and then of course you grow a little and realize that nothing is absolute, there's no such thing. of course the idea is stupid, but i can understand it's appeal at a younger age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.01.10 2:18

Keep in mind this is based on the book- Chris wanted to find himself and explore the wild, but he didn't prepare. His naivety about the dangers of the wild, particularly the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and his blind idealism cost him his life. I'm all for someone willing to find him/herself (in the wild, if he/she so chooses), want "absolute freedom" (whatever that means), and all that, but at least put some research and practical thought into survival first. I'm not trying to sound cold; I'm just a practical person and think about those things.

As for the money issue, I think I'm a little biased because Chris reminded me of rich kids I went to private school with. They threw money around like it was nothing and coming from a not-so-rich family, I couldn't understand why they did that. I guess I still don't.

Interestingly, I know people who have seen the movie and/or read the book, who absolutely love it and have a similar opinion to you Irina, which I can understand. I just don't agree with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   

Back to top Go down

Movie thread 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: