Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   03.01.09 10:47

i'm gonna recommend a movie that i didn't like Razz
i was waiting to see 'the edge of love', i like romantic movies, about wartime....but this one disappointed me a bit.
i like idealistic stories Suspect i always wanted to know how people can survive in wartime, i've read books about it, but this movie isn't about humans, i guess.i felt that these people are monsters created by the wartime.
their feelings are not human feelings. i realized that there is no love in wartime, there's no love, there is something more than love and there is less than love.
these were my impressions......the movie is about a poet who cannot live without his 2 loves, his wife and his soulmate, this way ruining the 2 womens life.....it's interesting, it tells a lot about how man and how women love, suffer, cry and lough
it's a weird movie but likeable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   04.01.09 15:13

leni wrote:
I`ve watched this movie too emesse and I found it really sweet! :cuti:
Tomorrow I`m watching Twilight at the cinema! :jumping:

HAve fun Leni.
I wrote a big report in my fan art topic about the movie.
Can't wait what you thought about it.

Specially the scene were bella's in being followed by a couple of guys and all of the sudden Edward comes a long.

Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   06.01.09 16:54

I'm looking forward to watch Australia 'cause Nicole Kidman is my favourite actress and I'm really fond of her films. I hope this new one is pretty good as well.
(Among her old films I liked very much Bangkok Hilton)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leni
Matrix

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.01.09 13:44

I loved Twilight, as a plot, the photographs, the direction...almost everything touched me! :cloud9:
However, I didn`t like Bella`s acting so much, especially during some scenes I would prefer her to be warmer, she seemed distant to me.Rolling Eyes
IMO, Edward was almost perfect, more promising and very convincing as a vampire, cold, weird and different from the others...All in all, I enjoyed watching this movie a lot and I can`t wait to watch the sequels!:love-love:

Quote :
Specially the scene were bella's in being followed by a couple of guys and all of the sudden Edward comes a long.

This scene was amazing Manon, breathtaking I would say! When Edward gets mad and furious, it`s unforgettable!
I also liked very much the first day they met at the classroom..as well as the moment he held Bella in his arms saving her from the car crush and her certain death. :faint18x19wy5:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.01.09 14:20

Quote :
This scene was amazing Manon, breathtaking I would say! When Edward gets mad and furious, it`s unforgettable!
I also liked very much the first day they met at the classroom..as well as the moment he held Bella in his arms saving her from the car crush and her certain death.

HAHA!! ITA!! Get in the car... ooohw woow :faint18x19wy5: YES sir~! LOL
that look on his face indeed after he saves Bella! amazing. What about the moment where he first enters the cafeteria... aaah! and when bella finds out he is a vampire that moment at school..
ok I will shut up know. I can talk forever about his looks his face his everything.

Btw did you understand that part where bella leaves the police station with her dad after one of the best friends was murdered by the bad guys. All of the sudden she realises something. She looks at a dead body and than... she starts looking for the cold ones...

Adelina

Number of posts : 4654

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.01.09 20:54

I've finally could watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ".
Love this movie! I saw the first part too...just wait to see the third! cheers Hopefully soon! Rolling Eyes
Finally I could say that Will Turner aka Orlando Bloom looked nice ...that happend when he was between Davy Jones and his sailors lol!
I don't like him.( :running-away: from Blooms fans)
Deep makes a magnificent role playing Jack Sparrow! :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.01.09 23:15

adelina, i also among the few who only found bloom hot when he had pointy ears and white hair. and i thank carol for putting that picture in the book tire la langue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   08.01.09 16:02

lol! I had a hard time thinking if not to keep this pic for myself mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   09.01.09 10:08

Well, I DO like Orlando Bloom (:running-away: from the non-likers :greensmilewink ), I´m not like his biggest fan, but I like him Very Happy
I loved especially the film Elizabethtown, it was an excellent film (laugh and cry at the same time) and he did a really good job in it (and Kirsten Dunst was brilliant!).

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   09.01.09 10:26

6marinka wrote:
Well, I DO like Orlando Bloom (:running-away: from the non-likers :greensmilewink ), I´m not like his biggest fan, but I like him Very Happy
I loved especially the film Elizabethtown, it was an excellent film (laugh and cry at the same time) and he did a really good job in it (and Kirsten Dunst was brilliant!).
Second that :super: My thougths exactly after watching it (and rewatching for something like ten times).
I'm also among Orlando's fans (I'm the one who always tries to find in the actor something else besides the good look :greensmilewink), but I can also easily understand that he's the actor that not everyone might like.
Back to top Go down
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   09.01.09 10:28

I´m glad I´m not alone in this, Carol :greensmilewink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   09.01.09 20:28

You're sure not alone Michelle! I know many Blooms fans Smile
And u don't need to runaway from the non-likers Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   10.01.09 11:46

i saw " australia " last night and i was not impressed. i has the feel of a blockbuster with good actors and beautiful scenery from australia but the movie's plot is unoriginal and i couldn't care less.
so if you like hugh jackmann and nicole kidmann you will not get bored. and you will also discover a little new Australian kid who is a great actor. but leave any expectations for a good script at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   10.01.09 16:53

See, it's all the matter of taste Wink
For instance yesterday I saw Twilight and I was like... "WTH am I doing here?!" mdr Of course I was aware what will I see (I didn't manage to go through the book, sooo...) but still, I thought it will be even slightly better.
Well, Bella was like the actress was made from wood, Robert had maybe two moments when he actually acted, there rest looked just as if he was pretending he was doing something like acting, and well, I was almost falling asleep with one of my friends (the other two liked it) in the middle of the film.
But I had quite a fun when we were laughing during the most inappropriate moments (I was wondering when the staff would throw us away from the cinema lol!), especially when Edward shone like a christmas tree decoration.
So - unfortunately - I didn't find the movie too much better than the book. And the book, at least in my opinion, it's really not worth all the popularity and noise made around it.
Back to top Go down
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 15:11

carol, of course it's all a matter of taste.
i have not seen twillight and i am quite curious.

some years ago i went with a friend of mine to see " the man with the iron mask " which in my opinion is one bad movie. the people who did the movie seem to have never heard of french history. so me and my friend made jokes all the time. when the lights turned on the girl in front of us had tears in her eyes from emotion. diferent people, diferent opinions.

i also have like a list of movies who are generally liked by people and i thought they were studid like : the gladiator, braveheart, the passion of christ, little miss sunshine,million dollar baby and this are a few that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 15:25

I haven't seen Twilight either, but I do want to see it eventually out of curiosity. Between my internship and finishing my application for graduate school, I haven't been able to go to the movie theater much. Embarassed

Another movie I want to see is "Frost/Nixon" which is about David Frost's interview with Richard Nixon. It looks wonderful, and Michael Sheen (who plays Frost) is an excellent actor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 15:38

i also want to see frost/nixon. i also hope to see all the other movies nominated for the golden globes, which by the way are live tonight. is anybody watching? i can't because there is no tv channel that i have and that will broadcast.
do you know somewhere to watch it online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaterina
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 16:19

I saw Twilight back in November, and all through the movie I had a hard time trying not to laugh. Failed, actually. If I hadn't read the book first, I would never have guessed what was happening between Bella and Edward, and why he fell for Bella in the first place. On the screen it looks like teenage lust rather than love. Or why Edward is so revolted with himself? His skin is glistening like crystal, so what? Pattison's 'furious glare' almost made me fall off my seat, really.

I did like some scenes, though. The one when Edward is playing for Bella or the one when Edward is fighting with James. I see some potential, too, and I'm glad they have a new director for New Moon. So far, it's my favourite part of the whole series, and I hope he'll bring some emotion in Bella (I cannot imagine Twilight's wooden Bella in New Moon. She's supposed to be suffering, after all).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 16:54

Irina, I'm going to watch the Golden Globes tonight. Smile I really want the cast of John Adams (the HBO miniseries) to win. It was a great miniseries. I also want Mamma Mia to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 17:57

I'm going to watch the GGs,as well,tonight!!!!Rooting for "Mamma mia" Razz and Meryl Streep to win!!

I don't know of a Livestreamlink Irina,but I'll have a look......and going to post it if i should find one!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 20:43

Count on me tonight to watch GG! cheers I like to see all the actors on the red carpet specially the dresses. Plus, I need some time resting on my bed. I'm so tired because I spend my last 2 days on the beach doing surf since 9:00 am until 18:00 pm. The good news are: I lost some weight and I got a new boyfriend. :super:

I'm rooting for John Adams(really a masterpeice!) and Mamma Mia too, Kiki ! Also for Dexter(my serial killer favorite), Kyra Sedwick(The Closer) although I'm fan of Mariska Hargitay(Law and Order SVU), Michael C. Hall(Dexter), 30Rock, Judi Dench(Cranford) or Laura Linney(John Adams), Neil Patrick Haris(HYMYM) and so on.

irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.01.09 22:42

iza, getting tired on the beach seamed to have payed off in the end Razz

i did not managed to find a place to watch the globes !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 2:34

i saw twilight today. after all the impressions from here i did not know what to expect.
it's so and so movie. for sure the guys in this movie are good looking which is always a plus. edward is cute and jacob is so cute and some of the other guys are quite enjoyable too.
the acting is not so bad but the beginning of the movie is really bad. i mean, probably in the book it makes more sense how bella and edward fall for each other. but in the movie it just seems forced.
but after the relationships starts going the movie was nice. quite a few funny moments.
the final battle left a little to be desired also. it wasn't very convincing.

but all in all i think if i see the book in romania i would read it after seeing the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 12:32

Irina, I on the contrary, read a book as I got attracted by vampire theme and I'm wondering whether to watch a movie. I found a book rather disappointing as there was no real action there until the last pages. Also I have to admit the main characters annoyed me a little and this thing always disturb me while reading. On the other hand, my mom loved this book mdr .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 12:49

why did the characters annoy you? and which characters? i am curios because i am dabating on whether to buy the book or not. does the book describe well how bella and edward become attracted to one another or does it seem forced in the book too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   

Back to top Go down

Movie thread 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: