Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aquamarine
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 12:52

Ahh twilight...

I'm reading the books and must agree, the books are better than movie!! About Kristen, she is not a good player and i don't think she can play Bella very well.. About Robert, he is really great! I adore him lol! I think, he played Edward well... No words to others... Everyone played their characters very well but something wrong with the Kristen. She couldn't play Bells... About the movie, yeah, there was some mistakes but generally i loved it. Espeacially Robert Pattinson!!!! lol!

I hope, she can play Bella better in the next movies!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 13:12

irina_something wrote:
why did the characters annoy you? and which characters? i am curios because i am dabating on whether to buy the book or not. does the book describe well how bella and edward become attracted to one another or does it seem forced in the book too?
Can I answer this too? I'm one of the anti-fans of Meyer's book, but I can explain each of my point of view lol!
First thing is that I wouldn't recommend these books, but as we see, there are people who like them, so I'll shut up on this case.
The thing that annoyed me most is the way the characters act. Bella is constantly debating on how amazing and wonderful and god-looking Edward is. Edward doesn't know what he wants; once he says Bella to stay away from him and in another moment, he appears by her side and doesn't leave her for a while. Their actions are unexplained and have no good reasons.
Another thing that annoyed me is maybe something that may not bother other people. I'm a fan of a good fantastic fiction. And for me, the vampires created by Meyer are nothing short to the old, good, bloody vampires :greensmilewink
That's just my point of view and I don't want anyone to take it personally. I just think that Stephanie Meyer has no idea how to write a novel with a fantastic motive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 13:37

Irina - I don't know - maybe it would be different If I read it in original version - not Polish translated. I think I couldn't really get into this story from the very beginning - the main characters didn't seem developed to me. And if you look how they fell in love - it really does seem forced. After all , we don't know anything about Edward expept he is hot and can play piano scratch .
I think it's the second series that annoyed me most (yeah I also read a third one if you ask me LOL) . Also I prefered Jacob to Edward in the book.

edit: just noticed Caroll's post and totally agree with her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   25.01.09 14:30

malgosia and carol, what you said about the books is what i noticed in the movie too. but i thought it was because the movie has to be shorter than the book and did not have time to develop the story properly.
i mean, yeah, ok, edward is hot all right, but i think you need a little more than that to fell in love so deeply that you are willing to die for that guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.02.09 22:16

Last Friday i saw "The curious case of Benjamin Button". Did anyone see it? It's a good one really!

It's about the time that go backwards is not necessarily on one's favor as it obliges to make some difficult choices. It's about love: mother-love, father-love, love between man and woman. About choices, buttons, sunrises and hummingbirds. It also gives some valuable lessons. Obviously it's a fiction story but it totally grabbed me.

Good cast: Cate Blanchett as a dancer and Brad Pitt as an old men and a lovely music by Alexandrae Desplat in the background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.02.09 23:31

malgosia, i am really looking forward to seeing it. it did not come to my town yet.

lately i saw some of the movies who got some attention for awards this year.
i saw revolutionary road. the director, sam mendes, is the the same guy who did " american beauty". well, he should have stopped after that. this movie has sort of the same subject but it has no originality to it. i don't understand why awards keep going to kate since leonardo is so obviously always the better actor between the two.
i also saw " changeling ". another kind of not so great movie. the story in itself is socking because it is true. the story is such a horrible one that you wish it wasn't true. but if it were a documentary i would have like . but it was just a movie who told about something that happened with no particular greatness to it. an angelina's acting did not convince me at all.
i also saw " milk ". another movie about a true story. as far as story's go this is also a not so overly great one. but at least in this case sean penn is magnific. he should really get an oscar and a thank you for deciding to be an actor.
i aslo saw " slumdog millionare ". if you are in a romantic mood this movie might go to your heart. it's a sweet movie, really it is, but best movie of the year?

so far i think this last year did not produce many good movies. but i will keep looking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.02.09 13:52

'The curious case...' surely has a very interesting story but it didn't grab me like Małgosia Wink for me it was a little bit boring at some moments. The action was sometimes moving too slowly. But I loved Cate Blachett; as always.

As for 'Revolutionary Road'. It was fine. Sometimes the dialogues seemed to be too long or not-very-well-written IMO. And Irina, you surprised me saying that Leo is always better than Kate. Because for me she is the reason why the film is worth watching. She was absolutely amazing (as always imo Wink! I thought that DiCaprio's face looked a little bit too young in comparison with hers. He looked as a twenty year old boy not like man with some serious marriage problems. Still, he is a very good actor and I do like him but sth was missing in the case of his part.

If I were to recommend a movie that would be 'The Visitor'. I enjoyed it very much. (sorry, I don't know whether anybody has written about it or not hide8up ) It's a story about a man 50,60 years old who has lost his wife and basically.. the sense of his life. He's a lecturer at the unversity, bored with his job, pretending to be writing a book so that everybody would think that he's busy. The university sends him to a conference in some other city. He's got an apartment there and finds two immigrants living there without his permission.
The leading actor was brilliant, I loved the story, I loved the music, I loved everything about this movie.
Now I'm waiting for the 'shopoholic' movie to go, relax and have fun Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.02.09 10:22

well marta, since kate looked out of place in titanic when she was supposed to be young and breathtaking maybe leo thought to return the favor and look out of place in this movie Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.02.09 12:39

irina_something wrote:
well marta, since kate looked out of place in titanic when she was supposed to be young and breathtaking maybe leo thought to return the favor and look out of place in this movie Twisted Evil

haha lol! funny observation, I never thought that way. but maybe it's just because I love 'Titanic' so much :greensmilewink but if you think about it she really doesn't look young there Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.02.09 15:17

Marta I too liked "Visitor" - quiet little movie. I loved the hand drumming (so energetic!) and even searched for Fela Kuti 's" Open and Close" when I got home.

Still waiting to see "Revolutionary road", "Milk" and "Slumdog millionaire" - not played in my local cinema yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.02.09 18:11

Finally tonight I will see "Memoirs of a geisha" hide8up
I've read the book and I find it very good...I heard the movie is not so good but I still wanna see it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   14.02.09 22:09

I've saw the movie..and I like it very much. Maybe is not like the book but still the scenarist did a great job! :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   15.02.09 0:00

i saw this very cute little movie called " the wackness ". i never heard about the movie and just happened to watch it. the script has many flaws but the two main characters, which are almost all the characters in the movie, are played so beautifully that it makes you, or at least it made me, forgive the flaws of the script.
the two actors are ben kingsley witch we already know is a good actor but the other actor is this young guy i never heard about before named josh peck. josh peck is amazing.
oh, well, i am glad i saw it.
if you want to read about the plot check out imdb. it's almost no action in this movie but somehow it manages to be beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaterina
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   15.02.09 15:54

I've just seen Confessions of a Shopoholic, and it was absolutely hilarious. Isla Fisher is such a perfect Becky Bloomwood, and Hugh Dancy is a gorgeous Luke Brandon (even though he does look a bit like Orlando Bloom) Very Happy I don't remember laughing so much for a really long time, but apparently it all depends. My sister was actually crying, and now says that the film made her question the benefits of retail therapy (her favourite pastime).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   18.02.09 19:13

If Hugh Dancy appears in the movie, I'm interested already! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   18.02.09 19:40

i agree with you on that one malgosia !!!

i saw two nice movies this week.
one is kind of an older one, " kicking and screaming ". it's about a bunch of friends that have just finished university and all of a sudden are faced with the fact that they now have to be adults and face life and take decisions and make something of themselves. i really enjoy it. but i thing it's only enjoyable if you've sort of been there.

also i saw this movie called " the wackness ". the movie has kind of a flawed script but the performances of the two main actors are brilliant, at least in my opinion. one of them is ben kingsley which you would expect to see a good performance from, but the other actor is an young guy called josh peck. he is a little chubby but totally adorable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   18.02.09 19:57

Irina, this "Wackness" movie really must have made a lasting impression on you as you reviewed it twice. mdr I will see it if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   18.02.09 21:29

i did??? i did not realized hide8up it is actually not that good just that i liked the dude very much hide8up hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   23.02.09 20:29

Aquamarine wrote:
Ahh twilight...

I'm reading the books and must agree, the books are better than movie!! About Kristen, she is not a good player and i don't think she can play Bella very well.. About Robert, he is really great! I adore him lol! I think, he played Edward well... No words to others... Everyone played their characters very well but something wrong with the Kristen. She couldn't play Bells... About the movie, yeah, there was some mistakes but generally i loved it. Espeacially Robert Pattinson!!!! lol!

I hope, she can play Bella better in the next movies!! Smile
I agree with you Pelin !

I finally watched Twillight (in english, not french) yesterday evening. I'm so disappointed Crying or Very sad

Where is the magical atmosphere of book ? They just kept the highlights actions in the movie.. It's too fast to enter in the story.

And Kirsten as Bella.. why did they choose her to play this character ? She hasn't got a spontaneous acting and she didn't show the sensibility and the clumsiness of Bella !

I just hope New Moon be better !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pinterest.com/lightandclouds/
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   23.02.09 21:11

i watched a few days ago a movie dating dome years back called " central do brazil ". very sad and beautiful movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   04.03.09 17:28

i saw " mar adentro " it's such a brilliant movie. the way it is made and the way it is acted everything about it is just perfect. see it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   09.03.09 14:04

i was at the cinema and saw " the curious case of benjamin button ". i thought this was a lovely movie. it made me smile and cry. it's not a movie to be taken literally , it is a movie to feel and to enjoy.
the director, david fincher really finds very interesting stories to tell.
and the guy who wrote the screen play mr eric roth is one brilliant individual. i looked up what other screen plays he wrote and my jaw dropped . if anyone else is interested, look here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0744839/ this gut deserves a big round of applause thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   16.03.09 16:25

My friend linked me to Schweppes Short Film festival website:
http://schhh.com.hr/
Check this out - it's really nicely done and has some good content.
I just finished watching "The signs" - this litttle film lasts only 11 minutes and is directed by Patrick Hughes with this abstract: "Where do you find love? If we knew, we would all know where to look. Sometimes all you need is a sign." Cute story. I love you

-if you have troubles seeing the movie in the website above, I found it also here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0HNWto0UY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   06.04.09 23:25

so i saw some movies lately.
i saw "doubt " am this is one good movie. it has a great idea which made me think a lot about a lot of stuff and about myself. and it has great acting from meryl streep, seymour hoffman and amy adams. real worth seeing.
then i saw " vicky cristina barcelona ". not a deep movie but a very pleasing one. again some great acting. finally i like penelope cruz in something, she is really great here. javier bardem has recently reached my top favorite actors and i was happy to see him again. and one idea of the movie i liked a lot, an idea which also follows me a lot : not knowing what you want , knowing only what you don't want.
i saw a movie that is a little older " pan's labirynth ". it's very interesting movie. it's dark fairy tale with some visuals like i never saw before. the mood of the movie really builds up and catches you and it really creeps you out. but when the movie ended it really did not leave me with much except the great visuals and some great acting.
also i saw " happy go lucky ". not a bad movie but pretty annoying at times.
" the visitor " - i liked the acting but the movie tries to hard and it did not convince me.
and for some weird reason i saw this movie with clive owen and naomi watts called the international. this movie was really bad. yeaks!!!

so i think this is all for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   06.04.09 23:43

ps: i forgot to say i watch malgosia's link. wow, what a great short film. it made me feel so good !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   

Back to top Go down

Movie thread 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: