View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.04.09 12:45

i just saw a very emotional movie called " Boy A ". the leading role is played superbly by Andrew Garfield. i have never seen him before but i definitely want to see him again. his acting is so good that at times i had the weird feeling that i am peeping into someone's real life.
it's a very good movie in my opion but a very dark movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.04.09 14:42

there really is a surname "Garfield"?? HOW COOL lol! I love Garfield Very Happy
sorry for this offtop but it's just funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.04.09 15:13

watch the movie and you will see how a garfield acts Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.04.09 20:02

Aquamarine wrote:
Ahh twilight...

I'm reading the books and must agree, the books are better than movie!! About Kristen, she is not a good player and i don't think she can play Bella very well.. About Robert, he is really great! I adore him lol! I think, he played Edward well... No words to others... Everyone played their characters very well but something wrong with the Kristen. She couldn't play Bells... About the movie, yeah, there was some mistakes but generally i loved it. Espeacially Robert Pattinson!!!! lol!

I hope, she can play Bella better in the next movies!! Smile

I'm a big fan from the books as well! It was quite a shock to see the movie for the first time last November, cause it goes much faster and they changed some things here and there. Which is a bit annoying! The characters in the movie almost fit the characters from the book. Just like Pelin I have some troubles with Kirsten who is playing Bella. In the book Bella is more an insecure girl and in the movie it just looks like Bella has everything in hand. I'm looking forward to see the new movie "New moon", cause it will be directed by Chris Weitz!

leni
Matrix

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   15.04.09 19:58

I went to the cinema yesterday night and watched the 'Knowing' with Nicolas Cage. Well, it was ok. The movie has its good moments, but overall it didn`t catch me... Rolling Eyes I had a nice time generally, so it doesn`t matter that much! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   15.04.09 23:39

I just saw Twilight this past weekend, and I'm so sorry ladies, but I absolutely hate it. hide8up The story was horrible, the acting was terrible, and most of all, I hated that traditional vampire lore was completely ignored. Vampires who walk in the sunlight should burn, not get covered in glitter. Rolling Eyes

I haven't been to the cinema in a long time, but I do want to see the new Star Trek movie when it opens on May 8th. It looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   19.04.09 18:20

Yesterday I went to see "Gran Torino". Have you seen it? If not - go now! I totally recommend seeing this. I can tell you I haven’t been this affected by a movie in a very long time. Oh dear....the ending hit me really really heard - I left the cinema crying my eyes out Shocked and I was only hoping not to meet anyone I know on my way back home.

To me it was the best film of the year and can't really understand it even didn't got Oscar's nomination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   19.04.09 19:46

algosia i was just thinking if to go or not. i think i will go tomorrow or the next day.
but i generally am not a fan of clint eastwood movies, he makes me feel like he tries to hard to make the kind of movies that would get an award.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   22.04.09 14:47

i saw " the wrestler " last night. before i say anything about the movie i wanna say something about wrestling. it is the most idiotic thing i have seen. i mean what the point of a fake fight???
mickey rourke does indeed play this role very well to the point where you wonder if he plays at all. but even if he is so good i still believe sean penn was the best, because sean was really not that guy he portrayed and rourke seems to actually have played himself.

but the movie overall did not touch me. the dude, the wrestler, is like his daughter tells him a fuck-up. and he has in the movie one little moment where he tries to turn his life around but he just gives up at the first problem, which was not a real problem, but an ego problem. so the dude wants to live large and wold and all is going to hell he would like the love of his daughter back and she actually wants to give it to him but he fucks up again.

i have no sympathy for this types of people. spare me the bullshit about being good on the inside but don't know how to show it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   11.05.09 22:57

I love TWILIGHT!! love I actually saw the movie (recently) before reading the books, and liked it so then I began reading the books afterward. Smile I had rather mixed feelings about the movie the first time I saw it, but then I couldn't get it out of my head and had to see it again, and that was it. Can't wait for New Moon... Although, I'm very curious to see how they portray the "wolves..." I wonder if they can make it believable on film?
I also think Robert Pattinson is an awesome actor! cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   03.06.09 19:45

Guys, I just came back from the cinema and I have a real headache - I went to see "Revolutionary Road"....
To be honest, my initial interest to see it was because of Leonardo and Kate, because I adore them both, moreover, it´s a drama and I love dramas. So it seemed a perfect choice.
The outcome? Well, it was not what I expected... It was 100 times BETTER!!!
Why the headache? Because in about half of the movie, I was totally in it and totally drained emotionally...

For those who haven´t seen it or read about it:
Imagine the late 50ties, a young couple with two children, living in the town suburb in a nice white house, with him having a normal job and her staying at home taking care of the kids and the house. Everybody sees them as THE perfect couple, who have a great future ahead of them, those "nice Wheelers".
The problem is, April (a former unsuccesful actress) isn´t that happy with being just a housewife and Frank isn´t that happy about having an office job and everyday routine which he practically hates. When April comes with an idea which could change their routine and dust off their love and make them start LIVE again, everything seems great. But then a "problem" arrives - the next baby is on the way. Moreover, Frank gets an offer for a much better paid job. And that´s where the real problems appear because the plan starts falling into pieces...

I swear I had shivers all the way through and even got scared in certain scenes, because when they yell at eachother or when Leonardo throws a chair into the wall, you have the feeling it´s not played, it´s real and you forget you are´only watching a movie, you feel like you´re in the middle of the fight....
The whole concept of the story is based on a novel (I forgot the author hide8up ) and it is brilliant. It´s a perfect depiction of how desperate we can be when we long understanding and for something we can´t seem to get or become and moreover, what people´s talks and their expectation of other people can cause, how they can lead into the feelings of emptiness, cheating, solitude and in the worst case, into a tragedy...

Despite of being shaken and having headache (still now after more than two hours after seeing it), I absolutely LOVED this film...Needless to say that Kate Winslet got her Golden Globe and Oscar deservingly and Leonardo Di Caprio was worthy of an Oscar too, because what these two are doing on the screen is absolutely stunning...
And oh, the final, very last scene of the film is absolutely brilliant ...

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   03.06.09 20:59

i knew nothing about this movie before, but just made me think about 'the edge of love'...have you seen it
the atmosphere, the fighting, the baby....maybe it's just me, but it was not easy for me to understand that movie too
i guess this is a movie which makes you think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   03.06.09 21:47

6marinka wrote:
Kate Winslet got her Golden Globe and Oscar deservingly

just one small correction - she got the Oscar for 'The Reader' Smile
otherwise 'Revolutionary Road' was a very good film indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   03.06.09 22:05

I haven't seen "Revolutionary Road", although I do love Kate and Leo.

I have seen Pixar's new movie "Up" and the new Star Trek. I loved both but for every different reasons. "Up" was funny, touching, and made me cry several times in the theater (and I never cry during movies). The new Star Trek was in a word- awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   04.06.09 6:28

humming bird wrote:

just one small correction - she got the Oscar for 'The Reader' Smile
otherwise 'Revolutionary Road' was a very good film indeed Smile

Oops, sorry Laughing I think I got carried away, of course it was for the Reader Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   04.06.09 6:33

emessse wrote:
i knew nothing about this movie before, but just made me think about 'the edge of love'...have you seen it
the atmosphere, the fighting, the baby....maybe it's just me, but it was not easy for me to understand that movie too
i guess this is a movie which makes you think...

I haven´t seen "The Edge of Love" but you´re right, "Revolutionary Road" DOES make you think a LOT... I had no problems in understanding it, it was just very intense and with films like this, it´s not easy to let the thoughts go when you are leaving the cinema. Especially when you know some real people who have been through something similar... But I loved it, really loved it Smile
Anyway, when thinking about it, there is NO film with Kate or Leo which I didn´t like lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   06.06.09 20:35

yesterday i was in a drive-in-cinema Very Happy
there's a film festival in Cluj Napoca and there are European movies
and i watched a 2008 Swedish movie called Mammoth
there was not too much action in it, but it called upon certain problems of our globalized world as inequality, poverty, child working, prostitution
http://www.answers.com/topic/mammoth-2008-film
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.06.09 14:58

I'm catching up on movies and yesterday saw "Marley & me" and I got all teary eyed....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.06.09 19:22

Finally I saw this week - not today - "Slumdog milionaire". The movie was great! I didn't saw any other movie that was proposed for winning Oscar..but I think "Slumdog" deserve to win :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWITTI
The Mission

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   12.06.09 21:07

My loved movie now:

Confessions of a shopaholic!

It's great, I really love Isla Fisher and Hugh Dancy:)SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brian-joubert.allgoo.net
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   13.06.09 21:44

Last night I saw a japanese movie - the best japanese movie that I saw it till now!
The movie was called "Nobody knows/Dare mo shiranai" and it was made after a true story.
The movie it's about a mother who let's her 4 children alone in the house and she leaves to another town. The older child is just 12 years old. The story is sad and I can't understand how a mother can leave her children this way. Sad
You can read more about it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408664/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.07.09 14:27

i finally saw ice age 3 and it is hilarious !!!! and it is also 3 D !!! i loved it !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   07.07.09 14:40

I'm planning to see Ice Age 3 in 3 D as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   19.07.09 13:46

I have recently stumbled upon "Harvie Krumpet" on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo&
It's cute claymation and love the way the story is told. I've just found out it won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film in 2004.
Check this out if you have some spare time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   05.08.09 6:24

so i have been to see the latest harry potter. well it has the cute parts from the book but still if i wouldn't have known the boook i think i would been left with lost of unaswered questions. i think it's a movie only for hp fans.

but seeing the movie got me in the mood for some hp so i am now rereading the 7th book hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie thread 2   

Back to top Go down

Movie thread 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: