Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   21.10.08 19:34

Quote :
Before these all, rivalry becomes less I think watching men's skating won't be as good as in the past.

Don't know what to say about Plushy. But there are still Verner, Takahashi, Oda, the swedish guys, Lindemann Weir, Lysacek. And if you want to see a rivalry watch Takahashi and Oda Very Happy Each other will try to be at list the best japanese skater if they would not be able to be the best in the world. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   21.10.08 19:51

It is always sad when top competitors retire, but there are always many others vying for the top & I think that the mens event will remain interesting & competitive.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sui-chan
Caruso

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   22.10.08 16:31

Kumiko wrote:
Quote :
Before these all, rivalry becomes less I think watching men's skating won't be as good as in the past.

Don't know what to say about Plushy. But there are still Verner, Takahashi, Oda, the swedish guys, Lindemann Weir, Lysacek. And if you want to see a rivalry watch Takahashi and Oda Very Happy Each other will try to be at list the best japanese skater if they would not be able to be the best in the world. Razz

Actually you're right Adelina-chan Smile I didn't look this situation in this way. Yes there are still good skater Smile And it will be good to watch them Smile But of course I wish Steph, Jeff, Evgeni are there Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   22.10.08 17:02

Sui-chan wrote:
Plushenko's gone, Buttle's gone, Lambiel's gone too :brak: pleures It's very bad situation in men's skating Sad
Before these all, rivalry becomes less Sad I think watching men's skating won't be as good as in the past. :enpleure:

Yes I miss them too, Plush, Alexei and Lambiel were the ones why I started watching Figure skating...
Ofcourse there are other competitors, but still it won't be all the same

Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   22.10.08 19:36

@Sui-chan and Manon: I understand you. I miss them too....okay not all that you mention Very Happy I miss Yags and Steph . hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~~**Melina**~~
Untouchable

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   04.11.08 19:58

D: OH MY GOD
i just saw this.
why?!?!?why so soon?! pleures pleures pleures
i will miss him so muuuch!!!
i started watching figure skating with all these skaters who retired now.
And now they're not there.
That's so saaad pleures
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   15.02.09 10:46

I didnt know where to write it, I have found an interesting interview with Lambiel on the Absolute Skating.

Part I http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/2009stephane_bruno_patrick.htm
Part II http://absoluteskating.com/interviews/2009lambiel.htm

I want to warn all of you who like him that dont read my comments from this on, this is mainly meant for girls as Irina :naughty15kz: Twisted Evil

(I mean, really. I dont like Lambiel and I will criticize him now because Im in a mean mood. But I dont want to hurt anyone, thats why I put it as spoiler.)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   15.02.09 11:27

I've been reading (linked to a newspaper article) that the Swiss fed is pressuring him to compete at Worlds so that they can have two spots at the Olympics & that he has to decide by 2nd March.

I don't know what to make of it - I understand that Stephane has maintained a high technical standard in the shows he has been doing but a Worlds competition is always another matter, especially for a guy with chronic knee poblems.

Lambiel is not my favourite skater but I hope that he doesn't get forced into doing something that may cause him trouble (such as even more surgery & lifelong pain) later, not to mention the mental stress of suddenly having to do a major competition.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   15.02.09 18:06

I would assume that if Lambiel has chosen to stop training and competing that his heart isn't in all the efforts necessary to train, compete, and to gain points. What confounds me is that the Swiss Federation would want him to stay on the competition scene long enough to endure World's just so the Swiss Fed can be assured of two spots for the up-coming Olympics. That's nuts! If Stephan's heart isn't in competing, if he doesn't possess the necessary drive to put himself out there, heart and soul, to compete and gain a podium placement, why the hell does the Swiss Fed think that Lambiel can medal? If the guy's heart isn't in the effort, he'd not going to be able to focus well enough to get the job done. Add into that, the situation with his knees which, if they suffer more damage, are likely to become so damaged as to make any kind of skating impossible (career ending)!

It never ceases to amaze me that these skating federations care so little about the people who actually get out there and train and compete. These organizations are very willing to coerse these skaters into doing things which will ruin their health at every cost. If the skater goes along with it, whether under pressure from the Fed or not, they risk a very uncertain future if their efforts lead to serious, long-term injuries. The Fed certainly won't come to that skater's aid, and they should since they goaded the skater into it. I hope Lambiel tells the Swiss Fed where to stick it! Mad

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lambiel soon retire ?   

Back to top Go down

Lambiel soon retire ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: