Brian Joubert Discussion Group

PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog inFacebookTwitter

Share | 

competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 10:13

Thank you Girls!

Here are my impressions from yesterday!

Yannick had a very rough day just like Candice.
I will start with Candice, she was very nervous. Her coach tried to calm her down just before she got on ice. Candice also had her inhaler with her. During her free skate she made some mistakes, but not much compared to the men free program. They all felt at the exact same spot near by the banner in the right corner. Candice couldn't control herself anymore in the K&C and she started crying. I felt so sorry for her. I wanted to say something when she walked by but I couldn't think about anything to comfort her.

The two sisters Helgesson were great on ice. They look very strong and confident on the ice. There program is really nice to watch. Laney Diggs, at least I think it was her from USA, skated a clean program but her technical scores were low and her presentation scores even lower. I didn´t get one bit of that. She really deserved higher scores maybe even a third place! She was also crying after the ladies competition. Once again I wanted to go to the skater and say something, but her coach and some other people beat me to it.
There are so many emotions you don´t get to see on television. At least not all of them. Like Kevin walking around the rink nervously, Yannick being mad after his free program. He didn´t want to sign anything and he didn´t stayed at the competition for very long after that. He left the rink very soon with his suitcase. I saw him just before the men free program. He looked stressed and gave me half a smile Smile

Same story also with Andrey, some jumps went wrong during his free program, but still his chorography was really good. He looks a bit like Plush Very Happy He seems like a nice guy!
He also left quite fast after his free program. Kevin rocked the house again! The dutch crowed went nuts. His jumps were almost all clean, one hand down at the beginning but he stayed up straight after every jump. He got a high score and he was definitely relieved.
After his free program he walked by and I congratulated him. He sayed thank you to me in his charming belgium way and then he had to hurry for the medal ceremony.

Samuel was even better then Kevin! He is very entertaining! I really had to laugh a couple of times. He really enjoys skating and he can jump too! After his skate half the crowed went to the KC. Specially the children who had been collection autographs all week! I told my mother I would go to the Kiss and Cry after Jamal Othman had skated.
Roosje had joined me and sat next to me. She told me that she asked Kevin for a picture with her. And she got one Girls! haha

I tried to walk as fastly as I could to Samuel. He was to busy signing and taking pictures with other that I took some pictures of him signing autographs.
After a few seconds he walked by and my heart started beating so fast that the words came a bit strange. I said Samuel... may..could.. :crazy: I please take a picture haha
He said I really have to go, but I come back I promise. I said ok Very Happy
He then had to run to get ready for the medal ceremony. Me and my mom were standing in the middle where normally the skaters would go on ice. All of the sudden a lady said to me could you please step back, cause we have to clear the entrance for the men ceremony. I took a few steps to the left and Samuel, Kevin and Jamal were standing next to me!!!!

I was so shocked!!Shocked In no time there were ten people standing next to me in front of me everywhere. It took me a while to realize that I had to take pictures!! I will upload them ASAP!

With all and all it was a great day again! Today is the exhibition, maybe I will have a chance to make some more pics Very Happy

I´ve uploaded the pictures from the ladies short and men short program! click on the images to see it in better quality!
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/Nonnie87/Challenge%20cup/?start=0

Last edited by Nona on 09.03.09 10:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 10:44

Sheena wrote:
Nona wrote:
but it's so good to see the skaters on ice performing live. Even though Brian isn't there it's still amazing. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it Very Happy

Live skating is hard to beat - especially with the quality you are able to watch this week!

Yes! I quess you are right Sheena!
There was also something else I had to get used to> No commentators lol!
It's so much more relaxing and fun to watch figure skating without the comments!

irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 11:09

thank you nona for the report !!! sounds like a great competition!!! i am so happy for samuel and kevin !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starg
Caruso

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 11:11

Thank you so much Manon for your report! bisousfleurs I really enjoyed reading it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 11:30

Final results:
MEN
1 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 222.69 1 1
2 Kevin VANDER PERREN BEL 210.46 2 2
3 Jamal OTHMAN SUI 191.71 4 3

4 Yannick PONSERO FRA 190.93 3 4
5 Peter LIEBERS GER 175.27 9 5
6 Maciej CIEPLUCHA POL 162.68 12 6
7 Andrey GRYAZEV RUS 162.02 7 7
8 Elliot HILTON GBR 157.24 8 9
9 Konstantyn TUPIKOV POL 155.93 11 8
10 Moris PFEIFHOFER SUI 152.46 6 11
11 Philipp TISCHENDORF GER 151.45 13 10
12 Fabio MASCARELLO ITA 145.72 5 13
13 Severin KIEFER AUT 141.37 15 12
14 Laurent ALVAREZ SUI 134.51 14 14
15 Manuel KOLL AUT 126.64 16 15
16 Justus STRID DEN 124.72 10 16

Ladies:
SENIOR Ladies
Result FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 148.81 1 1
2 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 133.54 2 4
3 Constanze PAULINUS GER 132.47 5 2

4 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR 127.09 6 3
5 Candice DIDIER FRA 125.89 3 6
6 Laney DIGGS USA 122.64 4 7
7 Kerstin FRANK AUT 121.05 9 5
8 Angelica OLSSON SWE 115.11 8 10
9 Roxana LUCA ROU 111.72 10 9
10 Manouk GIJSMAN NED 110.18 14 8
11 Viviane KÄSER SUI 104.95 7 13
12 Caroline GÜLKE GER 104.28 13 11
13 Aurélia BUCHS SUI 101.63 12 12
14 Belinda SCHÖNBERGER AUT 97.45 11 14
15 Henriika HIETANIEMI FIN 90.98 15 15
16 Maria Lykke KRISTENSEN DEN 87.37 17 16
17 Jacqueline VOLL NED 76.41 18 17

Yannick losing to Jamal Shocked Oh dear.....I just hope in L.A, Brian and Yannick will be able to earn three spots in next year’s Olympics. pale
Manon, Thanks for sharing your impressions of the competition. hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 11:39

THANKS a lot Manon!!Seems to be a awesome atmosphere over there!!Have fun and enjoy the Gala Razz !!

I feel so sorry for Candice!!For Yannick,too...falling on the 4T Sad ,BUT I'm pretty sure he'll do better in LA Cool !!I mean this was anyway just a "small" competition and the skaters still are in preparation!!

Nona wrote:
Sheena wrote:
Nona wrote:
but it's so good to see the skaters on ice performing live. Even though Brian isn't there it's still amazing. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it Very Happy
Live skating is hard to beat

It's so much more relaxing and fun to watch figure skating without the comments!
I so much agree with both of you lol! !!!!!!!Oh,I miss it so much!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 13:55

oh Manon, it was great to read your report....
all figure skaters are nice persons Razz
i'm happy for Jamal and i began to like Samuel too lol!

for the ladies....from where appeared the second Hegelsson girl?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 14:24

Eva wrote:

Anastasia wrote:
However,according to the results of the competition and Yannick's final position,i still regret about FFSG's decision to send him instead of Alban to Worlds...Yannick has never been stable...
Oh well,I agree with you in terms of Yannick not being a stable candidate....but its the same with Alban....he had his awesome achievements in this season,but apart from that he also had his up and downs before....I mean,both of them have their qualities!!Yeah,its a risk of the FFSG's.....but I guess one of their thoughts was, if Yannick shows a close to "clean" programme(I mean,have a look on his quad!) like in Helsinki moving from the 9th to 4th position,winning the LP, he's capable to score higher than Alban as for his general performance and way to express things by skating!!

I need to agree here with Nastya - I really think that what the French Federation did was a mistake. Looking at how Yannick scored on Worlds the two years he competed it's really nothing promising. And in general, when it comes to Euros and Worlds, Alban is much more stable person. And the main thing is that when it comes to Yannick it's always the same, psychological problem - and Alban doesn't have this problem anymore, if he scores lower it's because he gets lower scores or just screws some elements, not the whole programme.
And if it was only about that one or two places - like it was in case of last Euros - I'd really prefer someone stable but scored a bit lower than someone who might be fourth as well as 20th.
I really have nothing against Yannick, I think he's a very good skater, I wish him the highest scores and just as Alban - I think that he's a nice guy who deserves best - but some reasonable thinking would be useful in this situation.

Thank you Manon for your report :Merci2: I'm very happy for Kevin, this guy deserves the best.
Have a great time at the exhibition!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 15:54

Yeah,there's some truth in what you say,but if I'm not wrong since the Nebehorntrophy over all the competitions till Helsinki we saw a Yannick who became much more stable than he ever was in the years before ,so I think that's a sign he put his "problems", which caused this instabelity,somehow aside -maybe not fully,but at least a big part of it.....but anyway,we can't judge that!!Let's wait what Worlds will bring and than we'll see if it was a mistake Wink....I think it isn't fair to say that already now,before they even began(I mean this in general,not concerning a post hugs) !!

Oh,btw I'm so happy for Kevin,too cheers !!Its just amazing that he climbed back to that level,so quickly after the surgery already,this deserves bows!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13310
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   08.03.09 16:22

Mmmm the results of Yannick are not really good. The fédé is going to send it to the worlds without making its famous tests secret of which she has. Normally there will be one with Candice Didier and Gwendoline (Gwendoline made a very good competition in JO Academics as Alban, bronze person who has received a medal)).. I doubt little that Yannick is worried.
Mmmm les résultats de Yannick ne sont pas vraiment bons . Est-ce que la fédé va l'envoyer aux mondes sans faire ses fameux tests dont elle a le secret . Normalement il y en aura un avec Candice Didier et Gwendoline (Gwendoline a fait une excellente compétition aux JO Universitaires comme Alban ,médaillé de bronze )) ..
Je doute un peu que Yannick soit inquiété .

Thank you for the great report and photos Manon !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   09.03.09 11:31

I uploaded the pictures from the women and men lp with the ceremony pics!

Here are some thumbnail pics. All the other pictures are uploaded on photobucket! http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/Nonnie87/Challenge%20cup/?start=0

irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   09.03.09 14:02

thank you manon!!! i like the three boys on the podium quite a lot. congrats to them and thank you manon for the photos !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   09.03.09 16:19

Thanks Manon for your photos & reports!

Yannick will definately have to pull up his socks in LA! - Jenna too!!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   09.03.09 17:03

Thank you, Manon, for the photos and report! bisousfleurs I'm glad you had a great time in competition! hugs

Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   09.03.09 17:19

Great photos thank you Manon .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   10.03.09 11:03

Hi ladies! Im also back from the Hague! It was a great trip, even without Brian. I will write some longer report but until then check out my photos on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104174&id=676190812&l=45f5e

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104179&id=676190812&l=1e2f2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   10.03.09 15:31

Thanks a lot for your photos and links Titi, I am impatient to read your detailed report :naughty15kz: .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   10.03.09 15:56

Welcome back Nona and Titi! cheers
Thank you very much for your great photos. I'm glad to hear you had a great time even without Brian.
I look forward to read your detailed reports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aquamarine
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   10.03.09 19:27

Thanks for the link of the photos, Titi!!!
I can't wait for read your report! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   10.03.09 20:01

Welcome back Titi, glad you enjoyed your trip, thanks for your photos & looking forward to your report!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   11.03.09 14:56

Thanku for pics. I'm glad that you has been there, and wrote the articles (btw I can't wait for reading it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   11.03.09 17:22

:Merci2: Titi!!Can't wait to read your impressions!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   16.03.09 17:31

Titanilla wrote:
Hi ladies! Im also back from the Hague! It was a great trip, even without Brian. I will write some longer report but until then check out my photos on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104174&id=676190812&l=45f5e

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104179&id=676190812&l=1e2f2

Yeah, we still had fun didn't we, Titi? And such a cool coincidence that the first person I saw was you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   21.03.09 14:50

Titi!! I think that I've seen you sitting on the other side of the rink lol!
Sorry that we haven't met, I haven't seen Daphne or Sandra either.

Can't wait to read your reports! Specially about the interviews with three skaters Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..   

Back to top Go down

competition2009 International Challenge Cup, March 4-8, ..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: