View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Patrick Chan article   29.04.09 20:33

Here's the latest article about Patrick Chan. As usual his smart mouth is on display disguised as "refreshing candor," as per the opinion of the journalist who has written this piece. There are also comments by Kurt Browning and choreographer, Lori Nichol...mostly about how wonderful Patrick is. Rolling Eyes

http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/sports/article/220328--patrick-chan-quickly-rises-to-top-of-men-s-figure-skating

I leave it to you to form your own opinions.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   29.04.09 21:03

yes, this article should come with an warning - attention can cause nausea and do not read if you have just eaten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.04.09 6:20

Dito Irina!!

Noooo.....Lori is Chan's Choreographer,too?! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.04.09 9:15

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mygirl

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.04.09 12:20

:faint18x19wy5: To say the least, the journalist and the interviewees were all laying it on a little bit thick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.04.09 12:57

The more articles like this that appear (especially within Canada) mean a larger burden of expectancy & pressure upon the subject.......keep 'em coming, I say!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.04.09 16:44

Sheena wrote:
Quote :
The more articles like this that appear (especially within Canada) mean a larger burden of expectancy & pressure upon the subject.......keep 'em coming, I say!

mdr That's a point I hadn't thought about! Okay...if Patrick wants to go to the Olympics, let's give him Olympic-sized pressure to go with it. If he thinks he can handle anthing that comes his way, let's see how much he can really handle. If the Canadian Press and Browning and Nichols (and whoever else is on his bandwagon) want to shout to the world what a great skater he is, with superb technical skills, impressive confidence, and what an all-around nice guy he is, let them go ahead and set him up for a major fall from grace. Far be it from me, to tell them otherwise, LOL.

From the sounds of all the Press attention it almost seems that they are trying to "convince" everyone that Chan is the new savior of figure skating. IMHO, he isn't...by a long shot! He's just a skater who jams his programs with all kinds of "busy work," none of which is pleasing or pretty. The truly great skaters don't need anyone to "convince" them of their abilities or potential greatness. This is what makes me think the fans, and the judges, are being sold a bill of goods. Is it that they are afraid if they don't advertise Chan that nobody will pay him any attention? Why else would anyone go to the lengths they are using to get this guys name in front of the public? It's like the Canadian federation and the Media is trying to market a new product, touting all its attributes to anybody who will listen. So...this is the new way to attract the judges' attention in the off season?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.09.09 9:15

Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.09.09 20:30

Thanks for the link, Manon.

Interesting aritcle. Apparently P Chan has undergone "media" training to tone down his mouth. Yeah, right, like that's ever gonna happen, LOL. The most "telling" part of the article comes at the end in the short exchange between Patrick and a reporter. When asked who he considers to be the major gold-medal threats, he replies Lysacek, Lambiel, Takahashi, and Oda. Someone interjects, "Not Joubert?" Patrick replies, "Oh, yeah, I forgot," and then adds, that his omission wasn't intentional. Riiiight. Rolling Eyes I interpret this to mean that Chan doesn't consider Brian as a major threat to his quest of Oly gold.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.09.09 22:44

The first article posted by Mary has already expired.

as for the second..Brian is not the only one who was forgot by Patrick. He didn't said Plushenko neither. Brian and Plushenko are his true rivals for the golden medal. the others are not in their best shape at list till now - I'm talking about Lambiel and Takahashi.

LE: I just realise that the first article is pretty old...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Yet another new article   10.10.09 19:06

The latest article on Patrick Chan:
http://olympics.thestar.com/2008/article/708435

Why does this guy have the underlying assumption that he's a lock for the Olympic team? He could have a horrible year and not make the Canadian team. He's way too sure of himself; it's as though he thinks he's entitled to go to the Olympics.

The other thing which bothers me about his comments is in regard to his post-Olympic intentions. If he has no intentions of making a career out of figure skating, then, why would competiting at the Olympics be this big a deal for him? Why care, at all, what the judges think of him or what marks they give him? He states he "loves to compete" and that skating, for him, is "fun" not a "job," that there's "more to like than just skating." If that's true why bother to do all this training to compete? This guy's attitude is so idolic. It's like he's on a stage and performing even in this interview, LOL. If he has no intention of having a post-Olympic skating career why not let those, who see themselves in long-term figure skating careers or continuing to compete, have the places on the various Olympic teams so they can further their careers, and Patrick can go off and do whatever else he wants to do in his life.

This intense focus of his--for the Olympic gold--seems to be something akin to another notch on the bed post. It's something he collects, nothing more. He certainly has different goals for gaining Olympic gold then do his competitors, LOL.

Spoiler:

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   11.10.09 18:55

Here is a new aricle:
http://olympics.thestar.com/2008/article/708435

Quote :
"Everyone seems to hold back and kind of go in their own corner," said Chan. "I think I'm the type of person who's really outgoing and always really friendly.
Rolling Eyes

Quote :
He doesn't live and breathe the sport. He won't be doing skating shows when he's in his 30s or 40s – or maybe even his 20s, for that matter. Chan said he can't imagine right now pursuing figure skating past the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
wow i wasn't expecting that!!

The video was kinda funny. He admitted getting caught sitting at his computer naked Razz ...I'm glad he spared us the details of why mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.10.09 11:07

[
Quote :
"Everyone seems to hold back and kind of go in their own corner," said Chan. "I think I'm the type of person who's really outgoing and always really friendly.

Quote :
He doesn't live and breathe the sport. He won't be doing skating shows when he's in his 30s or 40s � or maybe even his 20s, for that matter. Chan said he can't imagine right now pursuing figure skating past the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
[/quote]

Bye Bye Michael LOL Chan
I don't like how he is acting so may be that's why I can't say any positive words about his skating.
And I think he really don't care what judges said .....he has so many other "fascinating things" to do in his life so maybe if he will be the last on OG, he finally will be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.10.09 12:51

Blue Bead wrote:
Why does this guy have the underlying assumption that he's a lock for the Olympic team? He could have a horrible year and not make the Canadian team. He's way too sure of himself; it's as though he thinks he's entitled to go to the Olympics. Mary C.

This may have something to do with what Skate Canada (the federation not the event!) said after last Worlds, when they were asked if they were dissappointed that the other guys didn't finish high enough to keep the third spot & replied something along the lines of "they don't matter, only Patrick is important"

Barring injury, Patrick is a lock for the Olympics...sorry Mary!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.10.09 20:11

Quote :
Barring injury, Patrick is a lock for the Olympics...sorry Mary!

That's kinda what I figured it would be, Sheena, lol. I do sincerely hope that Brian or one of the other male competitors can teach this little twerp a well deserved lesson, especially one on tact.

I can't say much that is good about the way the Canadian federation is handling this, either. I realize they are desperate for Oly medals, especially gold ones, but this kind of behavior, from an organization which should certainly, by now, know how to handle this kind of situation, is reprehensible, at the very least. I wonder is it really worth it--to encourage juvenile behavior from an 18 year old elite skater--because Chan clearly thinks he can say anthing and get a positive slap on the back for it from his federation. There's lot of fans out there who are getting a sour opinion of the Candian Fed and P. Chan. Guess who's one of them? Wink

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   13.10.09 11:02

I will be very happy if Patrick quits after the Olympics!! He has been so annoying towards Brian and as a general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   19.12.09 12:33

New article here: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/athletes/story/2009/12/01/spo-figure-skating-chan.html And look what it says:There, Chan will run into a wide-open field that includes Nobunari Oda, Evgeni Plushenko (the 2006 Olympic gold medalist who came back to competition after a few years out and is now 28), defending silver medalist Stephane Lambiel, and Patrick Joubert (who cut his foot badly on a practice jump in late November and was operated on).

Patrick Joubert! lol! Was that really a true mistake? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baboo*lena*
The Mission

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   19.12.09 12:40

Bladette wrote:
Patrick Joubert! lol! Was that really a true mistake? Rolling Eyes

They boost the rivalry...
diable Patrick Joubert Ange2 Trey are not compatibles at all. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   19.12.09 17:19

Quote :
and Patrick Joubert
Rolling Eyes

Good grief, the cbc media has hit a new low! Since when did the copy editors stop proof reading articles prior to publiciation on the Web? LOL It's painfully obvious that the Canadian media and others want Patrick Chan to win but do they have to be so sloppy about it?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oana24

Number of posts : 973

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   19.12.09 17:22

Quote :
Patrick Joubert!
Now that's funny! icon_mouhaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   19.12.09 19:27

...& then there is that world famous skater, Brian Chan!!!....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   20.12.09 10:33

Bladette wrote:
Patrick Joubert!

it's offend my feelings... Wink that mistake is like mistake with name of Bond like hmm Jeremy Bond ko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   20.12.09 10:36

what a mess...............It's like to confuse LION with donkey..
Inexcusable mistake of the press!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   09.01.10 10:58

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100108&content_id=7892404&vkey=ice_news

Patrick grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chan lost his coach! But he has another ko we will see how good he will be diable5wa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mygirl

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   09.01.10 14:21

Patrick Joubert and Brian Chan lol!
Can the media create a mess out of nothing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   

Back to top Go down

Patrick Chan article
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: