View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   09.01.10 17:15

Thanks, Katherine, for the link to the latest article.

There is all sorts of interesting speculation heating up the other message boards about this split between Chan and Don Laws, his former coach. Lots of people think it is all very strange, coming this close to the Olympics. I have to agree with them. Apparently Patrick has been working with his new coaches, already, for a few months, and this announcement only makes the split official between Laws and Chan. I would have thought that if Laws was no longer working with Chan in late 2009 that the announcement to that effect would have come much sooner. It just seems odd that they are making if "official," now.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   10.01.10 7:28

Sheena wrote:
...& then there is that world famous skater, Brian Chan!!!....

icon_mouhaha It is funny..but that makes u ask what kind of journalist is the one who
wrote this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   10.01.10 9:33

Thank you Mary C. for explanation and suggestions Smile Patrick for my is weird and his strategy of making decision too. scratch
But less I'm fan of Brian who has everything organized very well, even if he changing coaches he announces it earlier somethimes earleir then he should LOL. What about Mr P. he's doing to much mess in skater's world Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   10.01.10 13:44

Thanks Katherine for the article. That is shocking...and very odd that there was no official announcement earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   10.01.10 17:49

Quote :
That is shocking...and very odd that there was no official announcement earlier.

I'm doing a little speculating, here, but I wonder if this announcement was an oversight on the part of Don Laws. Perhaps he got busy, with his new position at the Palm Beach rink, and forgot to notify the ISU and Skate Canada that he would no longer be Chan's coach, although I doubt that, somehow. On the other hand, it could be Laws' way of teaching Patrick a "lesson" diable for failing to advise Laws about the change in Patrick's coaching team. From what I've read it seems Patrick went to Colorado Springs without really alerting Laws to what his plans were. Basically, he left Don out of the decision making. I can't imagine Laws was too happy about that.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   14.01.10 2:44

...and yet another article, re: Chan and his coaching situation
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jEbaOtO4KyMjrbXPigcDyQGEaqvA

If this doesn't sound like damage control from the Patrick Chan camp, I don't know what does, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   14.01.10 2:57

Thanks for the article, Mary. It certainly does sound like damage control to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   30.01.10 18:17

Here's the latest Patrick Chan article:
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=28607.html#chan+ditches+quad
Apparently he's decided he no longer needs the quad in either of his Olympic programs. Hmmmmm.....I suppose that wouldn't be because he can't do them consistently, would it? LOL According to the article he only considers his real rivals to be Plushenko and Lambiel. It's overtly obvious that he left Brian out of that lineup. I truly hope Brian kicks Chan's ass icon_boxe in both of the Olmpic programs.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   02.02.10 21:22

Blue Bead wrote:
I truly hope Brian kicks Chan's ass icon_boxe in both of the Olmpic programs.

So do I. This guy really gets on my nerves... Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: He's still mouthing off...   11.02.10 20:47

Here's the latest article re Patrick Chan:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jYS5yMiIK28X-CTPFht4-ifOKT_g
He's gotten to be a real snotty brat, hasn't he? Next I suppose he'll be calling Yagudin "old." Hasn't anybody set down with this kid and explained that there are consequences for remarks such as his? He has no respect for the elder statesman of figure skating. The ones who have blazed a trail throughout figure skating history which has allowed Chan to benefit from the perfected techniques of his predecessors. I think I'll stop, now, before he gets me really ticked off. grrrrrrrrrmur

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.02.10 1:24

Thanks Mary...what can I say that's already been said? I can't believe he said that about Plush. I mean, I can't stand his style of skating, but do not call the guy "old". He's not. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh I hope Chan has a piece of humble pie shoved in his face at the Olympics. It's called hubris, Chan. It catches up with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   12.02.10 7:54

Txh Mary!!!

I can't stand Chan!!!!!! He is not so good as he said
Quote :
"Above all in a programme like the Phantom of the Opera which I do for the long programme. It's important to have good transitions to interpret the music with unique footwork.

He should looks at the mirrow and watch his program. I love that movie but his program is a mess and catastrphe!!! I hope Plush will kisck his arr. manga38
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Chan article   

Back to top Go down

Patrick Chan article
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: