Thanks for the photo Snow_Queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   09.06.12 13:45

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/285764_345712855502402_465172987_n.jpg

Thanks Snow_Queen!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   09.06.12 15:31

thanks Snow_Queen and Gis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   10.06.12 0:17

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 10:21

Brian has found a decision with his practice rink while the rink in Poitiers is closed on reconstruction. The club will practice in Niort.

The translation in russian is here: http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/92602.html
English version is coming...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 11:06

Thanks Snow_Queen Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 11:57

This is no surprise ! Niort is the closest rink from Poitiers !

Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 13:32

That person representing the club of Niort makes it sound like Brian would be a huge burden for them. Rolling Eyes Why they have such a negative attitude when they have an opportunity to learn new training methods from the World Champion himself. The kids training with Brian will definitely benefit from the experience. I just hope Brian will get enough ice time and the atmosphere in the rink will be supportive and positive for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 14:16

Bladette wrote:
That person representing the club of Niort makes it sound like Brian would be a huge burden for them. Rolling Eyes

I thought absolutely the same when I read the article. He's a world champion, they should support him as much as they can and be happy to have him in the Niort FS club. I really hope he can practice enough and prepare well for the new season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 14:22

Thanks for news, Snow_Queen , I am not surprised because Niort isn't if far from Poitiers!!
Merci pour la nouvelle , Snow_Queen , je ne suis pas étonnée car Niort n'est pas si loin de Poitiers !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 15:29

Welcome, Ladies!
Here you have a translation to English.
I made it from Russian (not directly from French, so I'm sorry if it's not exact) Smile

World Champion on the Niort ice, it would be great. Or is it impossible? Of course not.
After the announcement about Poitiers ice rink closing from October this year and up to September 2013, Stadium Poitier asked the municipality Niort of the ice rink Rene Gaillard practice time. Following the Club, three times European champion crowned on the Worlds in Tokyo podium, Brian Joubert comes to the rink. Yesterday Sports Department of Niort City Hall admitted in a conversation they are currently working on a schedule that would suit anyone interested in this project. Because, if the arrival of the ice school of Poitiers and Brian Joubert is confirmed, it will affect the training time schedule of Niort Ice Sports Association (ANSG), Niort Patiglace and Niort hockey club. All three of these clubs were invited 15 days ago to City Hall on the first presentation of this project. The second meeting took place yesterday evening, while each party could present their arguments. President of Club ANSG, Isabelle Marchasson, is not against this initiative, she takes to aim the Olympic Games in Sochi, but on certain conditions: "If we have no choice, we’ll split our time on the ice. We’ll have two shared practice per week with Poitiers, this is possible. But it should be understood, we have a lot of young skaters and we deny them all in the ice, it's already tense for us. "
And the arrival of Brian Joubert does not help to remedy things ... "The fact that Brian Joubert will no longer train on the ice with kids and a limited quantity of skaters adds extra stress"- Isabelle Marchasson continues. These things evidently don’t bother Brian Joubert, 27 years Poitiers citizen has not reached the final line of his career, as became obvious by his 4th place at the World Championships in Nice. He has recently announced his desire to continue till Sochi and to try to win an Olympic medal, which still was not being among his awards. There are two major competitions in 2013: European Championships in Zagreb (Croatia) and World Championships in London (Canada).
In other words, the multiple champion of France has a lot of cares, and if he does not come to Niort at the end of his career, when else?
Back to top Go down
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 15:38

I can understand their concerns; while it's great for a rink to have a skater of Brian's caliber, they are also running a club with multiple sports and programs and everyone needs ice time, and will now have to accommodate not just Brian but other skaters from Poitiers as well. That would be challenging for any club.

I hope they will find a solution that will benefit both Brian and the Niort skaters. Perhaps extending the rink hours might do the trick? And maybe Brian will be better off splitting his time between Niort and another training site. I just hope he can continue with both coaches, training with both of them seems to have done him a world of good.

Considering the scope of the rink project in Poitiers, wouldn't it have been better to build a new one and then tear down the existing rink? Or was that not feasible?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.06.12 22:27

Thanks Oxana for the article and also for posting the interview (http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/93034.html) Where did you guys talk to him? It almost looks like the waiting room of a train station! Smile Thanks for asking about the short program! I kind of hope he'll do something new... It's quite touching what he said about wanting to end his career in Russia. Smile Also glad to hear that he intends on doing a full season and would consider senior B's, though I guess that's up to the French federation whether they'll send him to any. If I'm not mistaken, the Challenge Cup is not always held every year?

Regarding the Niort article, it does seem rather problematic to schedule 4 (!) clubs in one ice rink, and it sounds like they are only just starting the planning. Two sessions per week, shared? I suppose that refers to the general club, but still, hardly seems enough for anyone. I really hope this works out for Brian...

Quote :
Perhaps extending the rink hours might do the trick? And maybe Brian will be better off splitting his time between Niort and another training site.
Considering figure skaters already practice at the crack of dawn, this would probably mean practices in the middle of the night? :\ What happened to the options of Tours and Cholet? Or Chatellerault?

Quote :
Considering the scope of the rink project in Poitiers, wouldn't it have been better to build a new one and then tear down the existing rink? Or was that not feasible?
That would certainly have been more convenient! I think the idea was that they wanted to build it in the exact same location. There's a stadium and other sports facilities nearby. It's really kind of unfortunate that it's the only rink in the immediate area; certainly displaces a lot of people for a whole year.

Sounds like the Poitiers rink will still be there until October, so hopefully Brian can get most of his pre-season and early season training done at home, at the very least. Hope he makes the best of his time there...I think I'd be very sad if the rink that I grew up on and practically spent my entire life in was being demolished, even if it was being replaced by a better facility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 4:40

marysy wrote:
Also glad to hear that he intends on doing a full season and would consider senior B's, though I guess that's up to the French federation whether they'll send him to any. If I'm not mistaken, the Challenge Cup is not always held every year?

I believe in theory it's supposed to be, I'm not sure why they didn't hold it last year. Senior Bs are a great idea for Brian - good opportunity to get feedback and ranking points, which he still needs (he's ranked 14th in the World going into next season).

Quote :
Considering figure skaters already practice at the crack of dawn, this would probably mean practices in the middle of the night? :\ What happened to the options of Tours and Cholet? Or Chatellerault?
You know, Brian might be relatively easy to schedule because this is his job, not an extracurricular activity, so he can come in during working hours rather than in the afternoon/evening hours that may be more convenient for recreational skaters, or early in the AM which is good for kids in school.

I know in some places rinks are open late into the night, if lots of people need the ice time. No idea if that's doable here.

Isn't Cholet a bit far for a daily commute? I'm thinking not just of Brian but also his coach(es). And skaters who need to do a lot of commuting tire themselves out (e.g. Mirai Nagasu and Rachael Flatt this past season). Chatellerault does seem convenient and I imagine it's being looked into to, especially if Niort is not a full time option, as is Tours (though farther away, of course).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 5:47

The article about Brian's ice rink for the next season
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vienne/communes/Poitiers/n/Contenus/Articles/2012/06/15/Les-patineurs-vont-ils-se-laisser-glisser
Back to top Go down
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 9:32

I hope the renovations will be finished as scheduled by September 2013 because most of the time these kind of massive construction works end up taking a lot more time than planned.

This will be a very difficult season for Brian because both Niort and Cholet are so far away, I don't think he has energy to travel back and forth several times a day and have two practice sessions like other elite skaters. This would have been an excellent opportunity to finally practice in somewhere else than near the Poitiers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 9:48

Bladette wrote:
This will be a very difficult season for Brian because both Niort and Cholet are so far away, I don't think he has energy to travel back and forth several times a day and have two practice sessions like other elite skaters. This would have been an excellent opportunity to finally practice in somewhere else than near the Poitiers.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up spending some time in Grenoble or somewhere else in France. But moving his training base means additional costs (e.g. ice time may be more expensive than in Niort, he would have to rent an apartment) and I don't know what his financial situation is these days and how much financial support he gets from the FFSG.

The main thing I got from the article is that Patrice Gueppe will not continue with the club, which I assume means the end of his collaboration with Brian? That would be such a shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 11:50

Bladette wrote:

Niort isn't so far away ! Juste 45 min by car ! A lot of people do a longer travel everyday for their job. Wink I think his training schedule will be organized with this constraint. When I skated there, one of the coaches was from Poitiers, and did the ride everyday as well !

I remember when the rink of Niort was rebuilt, the mairie installed a temporary ice rink in the central square of the city, but it was subject to weather hazard Neutral But, of course, this is not a good idea for a regular training.

Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 12:43

Ice.Cream wrote:
Bladette wrote:

Niort isn't so far away ! Juste 45 min by car ! A lot of people do a longer travel everyday for their job. Wink I think his training schedule will be organized with this constraint. When I skated there, one of the coaches was from Poitiers, and did the ride everyday as well !

Yes, 45 minutes isn't much but all the elite skaters and I believe Brian also have at least two training sessions per day. So far he has been able to come back home for a lunch and take a small break and then go back to the rink for an evening training. Now, I don't think he will drive twice or three times per day to Niort and back. All that driving just takes away the training time and is probably very exhausting, too. So he must spend the whole day in the ice rink, maybe eat in the cafeteria and I don't think that's very good.

Also, I would have hoped that Gueppe could have continued his work with Brian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.06.12 13:51

marysy wrote:
Thanks Oxana for the article and also for posting the interview (http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/93034.html) Where did you guys talk to him? It almost looks like the waiting room of a train station! Smile Thanks for asking about the short program! I kind of hope he'll do something new... It's quite touching what he said about wanting to end his career in Russia. Smile Also glad to hear that he intends on doing a full season and would consider senior B's, though I guess that's up to the French federation whether they'll send him to any. If I'm not mistaken, the Challenge Cup is not always held every year?

Welcome! This is Brian's interview. http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/93034.html

Quote :
It almost looks like the waiting room of a train station! Smile

Yes, it was a waiting room, but in Lyon airport Smile

Quote :
If I'm not mistaken, the Challenge Cup is not always held every year?

2011 was missed, but 2013 is already announced.
Back to top Go down
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   16.06.12 19:13

Today Bulgarian TV published an interview with Albena Denkova.
Here you can see a part about their work with Brian Joubert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpfWF2dxic
Short resume:
Albena said he was pleased with his new free program, with interesting choreography and music. Brian insists to come to Sofia for creating the short program. He wants Albena and Maxim to accompany him to the most important competitions.
The question of a long sport life Albena answered: this is a good thing. This is the way to be born the legends.
A little bit more
At the beginning they were joking - Brian in Sofia - this is good for a lot of his women fans.
Albena: Of course women, can not be men. Well, Brian is one of a few singles skaters, who..... gg
Albena: Well, it is interesting and easier to work with Brian now. It was much more difficult when we worked with him the first time. All the same about the first FP, which we staged for him in 2009, it was an experiment. This year it became obviously, we already had acquired some habit, routine. We've got used to him, known his strong and weak points. We know what he can do and what does not want to Smile)) It is also convenient for him. For the moment, he will skate till Sochi.
We are happy to stage for him a very good program with interesting choreography.
Sourse http://winter-forum.ru/index.php?topic=3027.msg272521#msg272521
Back to top Go down
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   16.06.12 19:41

Thanks Snow_Queen! It's great news that Brian has found the music for his new short program! Banane I am so looking forward to see his new programs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   

Back to top Go down

Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Discussion on Brian-
Jump to: