thanks snow_queen Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   17.06.12 0:51

Chiming in a bit late, so replying to several things at once...

Seems Gueppe only had a temporary 9 month contract, so the two-coach situation might have been known to be a short-term one from the very beginning. They need the city's support just to keep Guyon...who I guess is going to be coaching in Niort or Tours? I also wouldn't be surprised if Brian ends up elsewhere at least for awhile next season, though whether Guyon could follow him is another matter.

Looks like the rink in Châtellerault is not really a viable option for training since it only has a small ice surface, so probably only suitable for recreational skaters. Plus, it also needs to be renovated.

Re: Challenge Cup
Quote :
2011 was missed, but 2013 is already announced.
Wonderful! Seems previous years had been cancelled due to lack of participants, according to this article.

Thanks for the interview with Albena, Oxana! It's good to hear that they find it easier to work with Brian this time around, which hopefully translates to choreography that brings out Brian's best qualities. Was the interview conducted after the shows in Nice/Grenoble? Because this would seem to indicate a new short program then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13302
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   17.06.12 13:07

Thanks Oxana and Marysy!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   18.06.12 18:29

Thank you Snow_Queen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   21.06.12 17:23

This isn't news, but I figured it might be of interest for some of you. There's a thread over on FSU called The Kings of Quad; it's basically one poster's attempt to find out if the claim (on Wikipedia) that Brian and Plush have landed 100 quads in international competition is true - and just how many they have landed. It must have taken quite a bit of time to track down all the event records!

At the moment, it looks like all of Brian's events are accounted for, while for Plush there's one event still missing (2000 Finlandia - yeah, good luck finding that Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   21.06.12 23:47

thanks yulie Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 7:19

interesting info Smile Thanks Yulie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 13:39

Rencontre avec Brian JOUBERT, 4e des derniers Championnats du Monde à Nice, de passage à la Fédération, mercredi dernier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=491273910889102

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 14:43

Merci beaucoup, Gislaine! Was just about to post that myself Wink

Glad to hear that he's happy to get back into training starting next week and looking towards the GP Final in Sochi. It sort of sounds like he's keeping the short then, but changing the footwork and transitions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 14:53

merci gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 15:38

marysy wrote:
Glad to hear that he's happy to get back into training starting next week and looking towards the GP Final in Sochi. It sort of sounds like he's keeping the short then, but changing the footwork and transitions?
My first reaction to that was whhhyyyyy, Brian? But then I figured, he still doesn't know where he will train next season or with whom, exactly, so he probably doesn't need to deal with two new programs as well. But he has to rework it and smooth out the music cut from Justice to Daft Punk.

I hope the Inception program will be a good one, at least...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 16:57

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=491273910889102

Journalist :
« Brian, how are you ? »

Brian :
« I'm fine, I'm in Paris to meet with the Federation in order to plan next season, even though some things already are finalised. It's good to again feel the competition ambiance and vibes.»

Journalist :
« Let's get back to last season, it started with a back injury which made things difficult for you »

Brian :
« Yes, an injury is stressful but I don't think the back injury was the biggest problem for me, the problem was that I was late in my preparation in July and August so I had to work like mad in order to be ready for the Grand Prix in China, I pushed my body too much and one day my body just said « stop ». The back injury was just a result of my difficult schedule, it wasn't the cause. Now I have to learn from that mistake and prepare myself well in July so that I can be more relaxed at the beginning of next season »

Journalist :
« You made your come back at French Championships by winning an 8th title, are you planning to go for 10 ? »

Brian :
« Well, I withdrew twice during French Championships, if I hadn't, perhaps I would already have my 10 titles, but anyway yes it's an objective because it's an important competition. It's important to be number one in one's country, then naturally you have to confirm your status at Europeans and Worlds, but it's still an important title »

Journalist :
« Worlds were last season's main objective for you where you came 4th, what a moment, what a performance you delivered »

Brian :
« Above all I remember my performance and the sensations I felt, the feeling and relationship with the audience.....normally when I skate in France I am completely scared of this, but this time.... »

Journalist :
« There was a real communion with the audience during the free »

Brian :
« Absolutely, it was exceptional, I am on holiday now but I often watch my short and my free and it makes me shiver, this was an exceptional moment of my career »

Journalist :
« Even before last Worlds you were saying that it was going to be a great moment, now that you lived and experienced it, how do you feel ?  Is it even more magical ?»

Brian :
« Well yes....I started having good feelings about Worlds 3 weeks before it started, we made good preparation, we made some changes after Europeans, but the whole week was extraordinary, the official trainings were great, when I was walking down the street was great, hearing the encouragement from the people from Nice was great, I really felt a lot of support. Unfortunately I didn't win a medal even though I think I deserved one, but that is secondary »

Journalist :
« At present you're on holiday, are you already preparing next season ? »

Brian :
« Actually, before starting my holidays I put together my new free program and next Monday I'll be back to training. I will work on my short, change the step sequence for it to conform to the new judging system so that it'll be level 4, I will work more on transitions, but more or less everything is ready »

Journalist :
« For the free you are skating to the soundtrack of an American movie »

Brian :
« Yes, I will skate to « Inception », the choreographers proposed that music to me and when I listened to it I loved it »

Journalist :
« The Bulgarian champions ? »

Brian :
« Yes, Albena and Maxim. I really wanted to work with them again because in 2010 it worked really well between us, and I think we have the same style. Last season the big problem was components even though I was far from being ridiculous, but I know I can do better and with Albena and Maxim I am on the right path »

Journalist :
« In the meantime you've been to Cholet for « Handi Sports de Glace », it's the second time that you participate in this action »

Brian :
« It's an important event and I was really surprised because the first year there wasn't that much of a crowd either in the participants or the public, but this time it was a completely different story, it was very crowded and the ambiance was exceptional because you could feel it made them happy. It is a step forward for skating, it proves that this sport evolves, that we look for other things, more things, that we think of everybody, it's a good thing for our sport »

Journalist :
« This summer we'll discover your participation in Fort Boyard »

Brian :
« I can't really talk about it »

Journalist :
« But did it go well ? »

Brian :
« It went well »

Journalist :
« It's not the first time you do Fort Boyard, right ? »

Brian :
« Correct, it's my 4th time at Fort Boyard, I think there's only 3 people that did it so many times, but anyway it was a good experience, we were a good team, the ambiance was good »

Journalist :
« We'll discover that this summer on France Television....let's talk a little more about next season. One of your objectives still is the Cup of China »

Brian :
« Yes, but I don't want to focus on that too much right now, for the moment I focus on my summer preparation which I want to be good, my objective is to qualify for the final »

Journalist :
« The final in Sochi ? »

Brian :
« That's right, it would be good to see the city, the ice rink, etc, in order not to arrive there in 2014 with a big question mark. So getting to the final in Sochi will be my objective, if I can win the Cup of China, that would be fabulous »

Journalist :
« The cherry on the cake, so to speak »

Brian :
« Exactly, but the main thing is to qualify for the final as that would confirm my place amongst the 6 best skaters in the world and would encourage me for Euros and Worlds »

Journalist :
« One last word for your fans and the French skating fans in general ? »

Brian :
« As I was telling my mother, over the last 2 seasons I wasn't happy to get back to training after summer but this time it's completely different. This year my holidays were shorter as I really can't wait to get back on the ice. I want to train, I want to live moments like Nice again, I feel like I'm alive again, last season was hard but it ended very well and I know I can do good things again, also thanks to my fans who are with me and support me, and it makes me feel good »
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 18:23

Merci beaucoup pour ta traduction Isa bisousfleurs !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 20:30

Je t'en prie Gis, ça me fait plaisir. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   22.06.12 22:05

Thank you very much for the translation, Isa!

-------

http://www.brianjoubert-forum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1869
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   

Back to top Go down

Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Discussion on Brian-