Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Pluschenko''s return!   19.05.09 15:42

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/figureskating/news/story?id=3994282

According to this article, Evgeni is training for the Olympics--for real. Make of it what you will, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   19.05.09 16:04

If the body holds out, he will be a contender.....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   19.05.09 16:23

He is very strong contender, indeed. I can imagine Plush 2 times OGM with Edvin Marton musics affraid ...

durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   19.05.09 17:52

With Plushenko back, I dearly hope Brian will get his revenge :bjdg3dl9:

Avec Plushenko de retour, j'éspère vraiment que Brian va avoir sa revanche, hein Gis? oh la la, ça va être chaud.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13331
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   19.05.09 18:32

I have just read news, this is going to be hot heat in Vancouver for the men.

Brian will have to work hard to arrive at it but why no podium..

Je viens de lire la nouvelle , ça va être chaud chaud à Vancouver pour les hommes .

Brian devra bosser dur pour y arriver mais pourquoi pas un podium .
:bjdg3dl9:

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   21.05.09 11:49

Another article:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090520&content_id=4837644&vkey=ice_news

Quote :
He picked a Tango for the free skate and the theme from the movie The Pianist for the short. Marton was also responsible for the skater's music when he took the gold in Turin in 2006.
He better make a good program out of it. I adore the music and the movie and don't want to see Plushenko ruin it. Razz

The Pianist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkELWhE9W2k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   21.05.09 15:13

Quote :
He better make a good program out of it. I adore the music and the movie and don't want to see Plushenko ruin it.

Well, you know, Plush will find a way to incorporate his infamous "windmill" arms into his new programs, Rolling Eyes LOL. Can't he find another composer to create stuff for him? I am so sick of Marton I could scream. The first time they collaborated it was an interesting novelty but, now, the whole concept is just...old. There must be some new way for Plushchenko to be inovative, isn't there? LOL

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   21.05.09 18:14

I cannot quite picture Plushenko skating to that lovely music......but we will see!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   22.05.09 7:55

Wow! This is so surprising... I've never believed he would actually return. Well... let's wait for the competitions Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   22.05.09 8:02

Oh wow. He must be in very good shape if he decide to came back!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   22.05.09 10:57

Oh dear ....Different year ,same story. Here comes Plushenko's annual "come back" talk Shocked blahblah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   29.05.09 21:47

Ice dancers doing choreography for single skaters seem to be a new trend. US-ice dancers Gregory/Petukhov will be doing both of Plushenko's programs!
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090322&content_id=62713&vkey=ice_news

Quote :
"We cannot reveal yet the music or theme," said Petukhov. "But we can tell you that it will definitely be in a new direction, and it will be a big change for him this year. He is not afraid to try new things."
Oh really?? I wanna see that.. Rolling Eyes

Short video clip with trainig scences and Plush talking about his comeback:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNTHkZdkUg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   30.05.09 22:52

Nina wrote:

Quote :
"We cannot reveal yet the music or theme," said Petukhov. "But we can tell you that it will definitely be in a new direction, and it will be a big change for him this year. He is not afraid to try new things."
Oh really?? I wanna see that.. Rolling Eyes

my thoughts exactly Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   31.05.09 12:47

Thanks for the link Nina.

Quote :
"As in any choreography, he has a lot of input because he has a set style," said Gregory. "Whatever we give him, he makes it into his own style

Yeah - windmill on ice. Never doubted it mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 8:31

well, sorry to bring bad news, but his comeback seems like it is for real after all, his name's been added to the ISU Grand Prix entries. grrrrrrrrrmur

http://www.sportcentric.com/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

désolée pour les mauvaises nouvelles, mais son retour semble être confirmé cette fois car son nom est dans la liste des participants aux Grands Prix.
Back to top Go down
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 14:43

I don't personally regard Plushenko's comeback as bad news - he is a long way from being my favourite skater - but he brings alot of excitment & publicicty to the new season, & I'm sure that Brian, for one, will welcome the challenge!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 16:19

Quote :
but his comeback seems like it is for real after all, his name's been added to the ISU Grand Prix entries.

As much as I despise Plushenko's skating style, I really think his return to competitive skating is a good thing because of the boost it will give the sagging interest in the sport, especially going into the Olympics. Right now, figure skating needs a catalyst to reignite the interest of the fans and the general public. Part of that could well be Plushenko, along with the likes of Patrick Chan. :greensmilewink Besides, Brian will welcome the challenge Evgeni and Patrick represent. The Olympics gives Brian something major to shoot for beyond the usual gold medals offered at the regular events throughout the season, and it gives him two opponents to shoot down.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 17:33

I hope for Brian's sake that he's as happy about this as you are because if Plushenko returns to skate at the standard he had back in 2006 I don't even imagine the pressure on Brian.

Personally I don't regard his come back as good news, I used to love his skating and cheekiness but ever since he won in Torino he became much too arrogant for my taste, I don't like it when athletes behave that way.

J'éspère pour le bien de Brian qu'il est aussi enchanté que vous suite au come back de Plushenko, car j'ose pas imaginer la pression sur lui au cas où P. patinerait au même niveau qu'en 2006.

Pour ma part je ne vois pas ce come back en positif, par le passé j'aimais bien voir Plushenko patiner et j'adorais son attitude peu conventionnelle mais depuis qu'il a gagné à Turin il est devenu vachement arrogant et dédaigneux, j'aime pas les athlètes qui se conduisent comme ça.
Back to top Go down
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 18:56

well, i think i don't have to say what i think about this Razz i never liked plushy and i never will !!!
and if fs needs some boost ( which it needs indeed ) why couldn't that have come in the form of new and interesting figure skaters and it has to be this old and recycled dude??? oh, well, i guess i want to much Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 19:21

irina_something wrote:
well, i think i don't have to say what i think about this Razz i never liked plushy and i never will !!!
and if fs needs some boost ( which it needs indeed ) why couldn't that have come in the form of new and interesting figure skaters and it has to be this old and recycled dude??? oh, well, i guess i want to much Rolling Eyes

:lach: :lach: ITA Irina!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   01.06.09 21:36

durlindana wrote:
Quote :
I hope for Brian's sake that he's as happy about this as you are because if Plushenko returns to skate at the standard he had back in 2006 I don't even imagine the pressure on Brian.

Personally I don't regard his come back as good news, I used to love his skating and cheekiness but ever since he won in Torino he became much too arrogant for my taste, I don't like it when athletes behave that way.

irina_something wrote:
Quote :
why couldn't that have come in the form of new and interesting figure skaters and it has to be this old and recycled dude???

One thing to keep in mind, regarding these returnees, there have only been one or two, if any, skaters who have taken a hiatus from competition, and returned to win Olympic gold! Plushenko may be a highly skilled skater but we need to remember that he is 4 years older than he was in Torino, and a lot has happened to him physcially (as far as I recall it's just his knees--serious meniscus damage)--- nevertheless. He's had surgery and what he is up against, as an older, returning skater, is that those repaired body parts are not nearly as good, or as flexible, or as forgiving of further damage as those parts were pre-injuries. There's only so much that modern surgical methods can accomplish. So, while he may still possess all the technical aspects of his skating abilities dating back to and beyond Torino, he may not be able to sustain the level of fitness required to last long enough to make it to Vancouver, only time will tell. I noticed that Plush only has one GP assignment and I would be willing to bet that he did that intentionally to preserve his knees in case he actually makes to the 2010 Olys. IMHO He's taking a huge risk; a lot could go wrong with those knees between now and the Olympics.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   02.06.09 21:25

One more link:
http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/060109.shtml

He has rather down-to-earth attitude toward his comeback - not so much boasting in the article.
My only concern about Plushenko's possible return to competitive skating is that he won't be judged fairly Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   02.06.09 21:36

Malgosia wrote:
My only concern about Plushenko's possible return to competitive skating is that he won't be judged fairly Evil or Very Mad

You mean he might get that special "Olympic Champion" bonus? Twisted Evil

Personally, I just hope that Plushy doesn't recycle any of his old programs...or his old choreography.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   03.06.09 1:24

Malgosia wrote:
Quote :
My only concern about Plushenko's possible return to competitive skating is that he won't be judged fairly

Oh, I so know what you mean! One of my nagging fears with his return is that the judges will "bow down" to the "great" Plushenko and hand him undeserved points simply because he is Plushenko. Just the idea makes me nauseated, LOL, but I can see it coming to fruition under the right circumstances.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   03.06.09 16:30

Blue Bead wrote:
Malgosia wrote:
Quote :
My only concern about Plushenko's possible return to competitive skating is that he won't be judged fairly

Oh, I so know what you mean! One of my nagging fears with his return is that the judges will "bow down" to the "great" Plushenko and hand him undeserved points simply because he is Plushenko.

Mary C.

I have the same fears as you two, even though sometimes I've seen it happen the other way round where judges didin't appreciate one's return to competitive skating and penalized them with bad marks. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   

Back to top Go down

Pluschenko's return!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: