Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   25.06.09 14:29

I found an article on Alyoshapage and Haven
Plushenko would have a cyst in the Achilles tendon and would have stopped the trainings.
Olga, Nastya, Rina, are possible be translated?
http://www.eg.ru/daily/sports/13701/
J'ai trouvé un article sur Alyoshapage et Haven
Plushenko aurait un kyste au tendon d'Achille et aurait arrêté ses entraînements .
Olga ,Nastya ,Rina , pouvez vous traduire ?

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   25.06.09 16:11

Quote :
Plushenko would have a cyst in the Achilles tendon and would have stopped the trainings.

Whoa! Shocked A cyst in the Achilles tendon can be painful or merely annoying but I can see where it would hamper Plush's training. I hope one of our Russian ladies can do a translation because I'd be interested to know where the cyst is located. Normally they are near a joint like the ganglion cyst just above my right ankle. Perhaps Irina can tell us more about what Plushenko may be facing with this.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mygirl

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   26.06.09 12:35

The article only says that the cyst is located in the Achilles tendon of his right foot. Evgeny hopes that it'll be cured and he'll be able to come out on the ice again. No training camps scheduled have been cancelled yet.

The rest of the article deals with his private life and says that his wedding ceremony with Yana Rudkovskya will take place on the 9th of September and that Nikolay Baskov will attend the wedding.

And there is a piece about his having got a bodyguard since he was threatened by some phone calls.

Quite honestly, the whole article smacks of some tabloidish item of news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   26.06.09 12:52

Thank you Gis and Olga.
I've read this article and ... I missed something on his personal life... I didn't know that he is engage Razz what about the wedding
... and about this cyst... well I hope it's not a excuse to not take part in the Olimpic Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   26.06.09 19:28

Thank you, Olga, for the summary of the article.

Depending on where this cyst is located on his foot, it could make putting on his skate boot quiet difficult and painful. A lot of these cysts are drained. Unfortunately they do recur quite frequently. There is also a surgical option but how much time that would involve is the question. What a difficult development! It sucks for Plush, for sure.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maarjake
Love's divine

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   28.06.09 18:41

I saw Plushenko training in Estonia, Tartu with Mišin, and he seemed in pretty good shape...at least his jumping was good! And he said that he really wants to do well in Olympics, win even!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   29.06.09 9:12

Thx Maarja for infos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   29.06.09 13:44

Oki ,thank you for the info Maarjake and welcome back . Very Happy

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   16.07.09 11:06

There is a new video on youtube of Plushenko's training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR_A2kb3Sww

I have to say I'm a bit surprised because I actually thougt he would be better. But he still has a lot of time to practise. I just hope that in the competitions he will be judged fairly and not based on his past reputation. I am really worried how his return will affect on Brian. The judges will definitely give more artistic points to Plushenko no matter what and Brian needs to have a perfect skate if he wants to beat Plushenko. (Because Plushenko doesn't necessarily have to skate perfectly).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   16.07.09 12:23

Indeed there is always the danger of "Plushy high" marks but Plushenko always seemed to bring out the best in Brian - & thats what I want to see!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   18.07.09 19:13

Thanks for the video Bladette!
His choreography for his new SP hasn't changed mush it reminds me a bit of 2006, but he looks strong on the ice. Maybe a bit more work on the jumps he looks a bit unsure to me.

zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   02.09.09 23:19

Youtube video of Plushtest skate on Novogorsk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvEeEplutE4

Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   03.09.09 5:20

Thanks Iza.
My friend was there at test performances of the russian team at Novogorsk and actually she admitted Plush skated pretty well.
As far as i can judge,according to videos,he has lost weight and he does seem confident,however his new progs for this season do not arouse any emotions from my side...
and..I can't help talking about his CREATIVE choreographer and his nice haircut lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   03.09.09 7:18

Thank you Iza. Plush looks confident in this vids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   03.09.09 9:50

Thanks Iza!
It all looks the same to me Suspect I don't know whether he is skating the SP or LP when I watch the choreo..just the music tells...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   08.09.09 14:04

Gloups !!!!!!!!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2009/20090908_143652_plushenko-differe-son-retour.html

Plushenko postpones the return
Evgueni Plushenko is going to get married to a producer of television. It is rather a good news for the Olympic champion. Seemingly only because marriage and its preparations forced the Russian skater to put back its return to competition, initially envisaged from 15 till 19 September in Samara in Russia. It is anyway official version.

The sound of bell widely differs on the side of his coach, Alekseï Mishine. This last does not hide that his protégé always suffers from ancient wounds (knees and hip). His adjournment would therefore be due rather to physical worries. «At the moment, our major preoccupation remains the ancient wounds of Evgueni, underlines t-il in The Team of this Tuesday. He performs sessions of re-education in a hospital of St. Petersburg».

Besides, Mishine supposes that «weight remains a problem» for his colt, who appeared still furred up to training. The first one taken out from the champion will therefore take place for the second stage in Perm (October 6-10). Plushenko did not appear any more in competition since the Olympic title in Turin, in 2006.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   08.09.09 14:44

Suspect Plush can always surprise us... Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   08.09.09 16:17

Thanks for posting the link and providing a translation, Gis.

Really, I'm not surprised at this turn of events. I do think that the real reason Plush is putting off his return to competiton is due to the status of his old injuries, primarily to his knee. However, I'm sure that Plush wants the fans to think it's due to his marriage celebrations, LOL. I know he had surgery on the knee withing the last year or two but the problem with knee surgery is that it's never in as good of a condition as it was before it was injured. All the necessary training for a return to competition can't be helping the status of his knee, at all. While he does look very capable on the ice, from the videos I've seen over the summer, it's a whole different situation under competitive stresses. Only time will tell if he can accomplish a medal winning return.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   09.09.09 3:47

I wonder....how will he get qualified for the main starts then? scratch
I'd not get surprised if we finally learn that he does not return at all.
Back to top Go down
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   09.09.09 8:12

My thoughts,Nastya!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.09.09 4:49

Guys,i've just learnt that Plush participated in St.Petersburg Cup and won the sp with the result 95,05 points!!!!!!!!! affraid

He made 4\3 combo,3A and triple lutz easily!!!He has lost much weight and has a great shape...
There are no videos as Mishin demanded personally not to tape the first start of his protege....
some pix:

http://community.livejournal.com/fsnews/67661.html

Today the FP!!!
Back to top Go down
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.09.09 8:21

Wow!!! It's sounds seriously. 95 points. We will see how it will develop in the major competitions.

Thank you Nastya for the news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iulya
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.09.09 13:26

some vid from that program:
http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/151436
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   19.09.09 12:42

MAMOUNA38 wrote:
Gloups !!!!!!!!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2009/20090908_143652_plushenko-differe-son-retour.html

Plushenko postpones the return
Evgueni Plushenko is going to get married to a producer of television. It is rather a good news for the Olympic champion. Seemingly only because marriage and its preparations forced the Russian skater to put back its return to competition, initially envisaged from 15 till 19 September in Samara in Russia. It is anyway official version.

The sound of bell widely differs on the side of his coach, Alekseï Mishine. This last does not hide that his protégé always suffers from ancient wounds (knees and hip). His adjournment would therefore be due rather to physical worries. «At the moment, our major preoccupation remains the ancient wounds of Evgueni, underlines t-il in The Team of this Tuesday. He performs sessions of re-education in a hospital of St. Petersburg».

Besides, Mishine supposes that «weight remains a problem» for his colt, who appeared still furred up to training. The first one taken out from the champion will therefore take place for the second stage in Perm (October 6-10). Plushenko did not appear any more in competition since the Olympic title in Turin, in 2006.

The amount of disinformation russian skaters constantly try to feed us is simply fantastic. They must think the rest of the world are idiots.

La désinformation que les patineurs russes essayent constamment de nous faire avaler est tout simplement fantastique. Ils doivent croire que le reste du monde est con. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.10.09 3:19

I am again frustrated!!! affraid
Do you know how many points did Plush get for his sp during current competition,which is held in Perm,Russia???This competition is smth like 2-d Russian Cup among russian skaters.
So he got 97 points for his sp!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrmur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWL1A-Bi8KA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   

Back to top Go down

Pluschenko's return!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: