View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.10.09 10:00

His hand movements during his circular step sequences crack me up :lach: :lach: :lach:

His score makes me cry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   10.10.09 17:05

After watching Plush's SP all I can say is---why?why? give this guy a 97! ??? That's nuts! How is being off kilter, just enough on his first jump to the point he nearly put a hand down...how is that excellent technique? How visually appealing is a bent free leg on the landing of jump #3? Where is the nice hand-to-toe body line that is supposed to be there? His spins are s-l-o-w, as is the majority of his circular footwork sequence. Even his trademark "windmill" arms didn't have their normal fire....and for this the judges give him a 97?!!!! What were they thinking?!!! Moreover, what they were snorting prior to that judging, lol? They ought to have stopped doing that so as to not affect the outcome of the marks, lol.

I know the Russian judges want to buy into the idea that Plushenko is "god of the ice" but in that video Plush doesn't look all that godly...at least to me. Of course he has great edges and the majority of his jumps were clean enough to warrant excellent marks--but not that high! It is possible that the judges are pumping up his scores (okay...it's highly likely they are, lol). But, is it really necessary to do that, especially at the very beginning of the competitive season? Don't they think that this old competitive warhorse can earn marks like that, on his own, with a panel of international judges? The marks as given, appear politically motivated, more than anything, and that's not a good way to start off the new season.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 3:17

Plushenko new LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRX509y4Fa8

I don't see tango in this program...

Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 13:44

zandor wrote:

Well, I always had some trouble with finding the choreography in Plushenkos programs ... But since I'm a Yagudin-Fan I never really liked him. You just can't love both of them at the same time Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 16:00

Plush's LP is a whole lot better than his SP, LOL. However....I still think he was overmarked on the LP as well. How does a hand down on the second jump plus another hand-down situation, on a jump past the halfway point in the programs, gain marks in the high 80's? Is this to bolster the old war horse's ego, or what?

I have to laugh at Iza's tango comment, lol. Half the music isn't tango. period. The only tango-esque movements are from his hands and arms at those points where he's at a standstill on the ice. LOL Even then, they are more reminiscent of flamenco than tango. The one thing positive I will say about this new LP and this performance of it, is his combo spin at the end was very fast and, probably, the best spin combination I've seen him do.

BTW, what was that dumb costume supposed to represent? LOL Normally I'm all for male skaters in black costumes but not this time with that V-insert on the front, from neck to waist. That was just u-g-l-y. I really hope that's not his final competition costume, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 16:30

I saw his scores and the judges really "helped " him, wonder if they would have similarly acted for Brian (frankly on this subject I doubt it extremely)... He has such honours list as he is "protected " and supported by the judges and it is strong damage.
A skater though he was must be to judge by his technical and artistic performance not on his titles..
J'ai vu ses scores et les juges l'ont vraiment " aidé" ,me demande s'ils auraient agi pareillement pour Brian ( franchement sur ce sujet j'en doute fort ) ...Il a un tel palmarès qu'il est "protégé" et soutenu par les juges et c'est fort dommage .
Un patineur quoiqu'il fut doit être juger par sa performance technique et artistique pas sur ses titres ..

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 17:17

Anastasia wrote:
I am again frustrated!!! affraid
Do you know how many points did Plush get for his sp during current competition,which is held in Perm,Russia???This competition is smth like 2-d Russian Cup among russian skaters.
So he got 97 points for his sp!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrmur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWL1A-Bi8KA
:Soif07:

zandor wrote:
Plushenko new LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRX509y4Fa8

:Soif07:
...and his scores are just unreal!!
Btw, wasn't one of his programs supposed to be from "The Pianist" (performed by Edvin Marton)??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 19:50

i am starting to really wish bad things for him grrrrrrrrrmur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 20:32

noooo Mad I didn't like his programs at all. the same as every single performance he's performed. I'll be furious if he wins the Olys being overmarked!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   11.10.09 20:45

Quote :
I'll be furious if he wins the Olys being overmarked!

Unfortunately it could really happen, given how wonky the judging has been in the past. If anyone needs any reminders, kindly recall the vote trading from the 2002 Olys. Rolling Eyes

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.10.09 8:38

Until I saw the program. I read all your bad comments. And think it CAN'T be so bad. But when I saw it... I'm shocked... For me it's not Plushy I think it is his some like twin brother who think he can skate... so bored. I'm sorry Evgeni.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.10.09 12:58

zandor wrote:
I don't see tango in this program...Izadora sunny

For Plushenko's programmes, the music is mostly background noise which he does his best to ignore while skating!

CoR is going to be very interesting!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.10.09 15:39

irina_something wrote:
i am starting to really wish bad things for him grrrrrrrrrmur

I'm joining you, Irina!

His programmes are once again the same. Evil or Very Mad
There is nothing in this performance, he's just skating around the rink showing no emotions and all that stuff. I'll never get why judges and their marks for Plush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.10.09 21:59

i watched the sp and then i really tried to watch the lp. but i can't , i just can't. it should be against the law to make hip- attempting to be sexy- moves if your name is plushenko. there should be a really big punishment for that and for making my eyes bleed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   13.10.09 0:10

Irina wrote:
Quote :
it should be against the law to make hip- attempting to be sexy- moves if your name is plushenko. there should be a really big punishment for that and for making my eyes bleed.

LOLOLOLOL I've read on FSU that "supposedly" the Russian judges overmarked him as a way of showing them they support him, totally. I don't know about anyone else but that's an odd way to support a skater returning to competition after 3 years or so. To me, it sends a different message, namely, the Russian judges don't think his comeback will be a success but they want him to think so. There was nothing, save for the combo spin in the LP, that showed Plush is back on the top of the competitive heap. Most of his choreography is pure drivel. One thing for sure, there's no "tango" in the program.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.12.09 12:40

I've been reading that Plushenko has injured himself (knee appartently) practising one of his crazy combinations (for a show!) & is now dubious for the Russian Championships in a couple of weeks. - that in itself will hardly affect his selection for Euros or Olympics, but such an injury is not good news for his season......

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.12.09 17:22

Here's a video of what Plushenko has been training lately. Shocked ....a 3 axel, 4 toeloop!!!! It's no wonder he's injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr98t-0Ze80

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.12.09 19:52

I really doubt about Plush skating at russian nationals, he has had small knee surgery on his left knee and it demand a good time on rehab.

Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   12.12.09 20:08

I read news, I think that he will not make championships Russian to be ready in Tallinn and in Vancouver (he has a pressure by the Russian féfé casually)))

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   13.12.09 10:32

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   13.12.09 12:37

Thanks Katherine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   13.12.09 16:23

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/360972

Plushenko became operated and recovers well according to his coach!
Nastusha, could you translate?

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   14.12.09 9:25

Little translation:

Figure skater Evgeni Plushenko of Russia moved the operation today, but it will not affect its plans to prepare for the 2010 Games in Vancouver. Told a personal coach of Olympic champion Alexei Mishin.

There is no tactical tricks here. He really left knee injury. But it is not serious. He was made a small operation. Now comes the recovery process ", - said by telephone Mishin. "We plan that he fully recover for the championship of Russia. Olympics Zhenya will not miss "- added a mentor.

The championship of Russia, which is a stage of selection for the Olympic Games-2010, will be held from 23 to 27 December in St. Petersburg. Another determinant in terms of getting to the Games will be the start of the European Championships in Tallinn, which will be held 19-24 January next year.

I start don't belive that he will appear on Olymipc 2010 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   14.12.09 9:41

I don't believe anybody can recover from a knee operation in just a couple of weeks, no matter how minor the operation is. And Lambiel also had a little injury, I've read. It is going to be an odd situation in Euros when Brian, Plushy and Lambiel will be all there after the injuries. The question is, who will recover fastest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   15.12.09 11:20

Another article on Plush's condition:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/olympics/79134337.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUg7Kk8P3iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Quote :
Plushenko heard whispers that his spins and footwork weren't what they once were, and decided to answer his critics by pushing the technical limits of the sport. He has been practicing quad-quad and triple axel-quad combinations, Zakarian said.
faint18x19wy5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pluschenko's return!   

Back to top Go down

Pluschenko's return!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: