Your help is needed!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 10:53

I don't know if you've heard about it, but some months ago German ice dancer Sascha Rabe accused Mr Dönsdorf, the sports director of the german figure skating federation, of sexual harassment!! Apparently this had happened 3 years ago in a hotel room.
From what I read in articles, Sascha tried to speak to Dönsdorf a couple of times, through his lawyer of course, but nothing happened!! Dönsdorf remained sports director!! The figure skating federation said that this is a "private issue" between Sascha and Dönsdorf which they had to sort out!!! Unbelievable!!

Well and then at the beginning of this week it has been reported that Sascha attempted suicide!! He was brought to intensive care unit but is better now. The reason apparently was that he now received a letter from the German figure skating federation that he should release his doctors from medical confidentiality toward some members of the federation - including Mr Dönsdorf!!
Sasha then found himself in a flashback situation, because it reminded him of what had happened. He collapsed, because he couldn't cope with the situation anymore... and he then took pills and alcohol!!

The problem is that the German federation still hasn't suspended Dönsdorf!! So now parents of Berlin (the club where Sascha skates) and everyone else interested are getting a petition signed to get Dönsdorf suspended, so that this nightmare for Sascha can finally have an end and to protect their own children!!

I would now like to ask you to support this matter!! There's not a lot you have to do. You just go here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/WIR and sign the petition!! 80 people have signed so far, but many more are needed. You can do this until June 30th!

There's also a facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/group.php?gid=105486436480&ref=nf

Articles (so far only in German):
http://www.welt.de/sport/article3944370/Rabes-Suizidversuch-erschuettert-Eislauf-Union.html?page=1#article_readcomments
http://www.sport1.de/de/wintersport/win_eiskunstlauf/artikel_119027.html
http://www.abendzeitung.de/sport/mehr_sport/113343

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 12:58

Thanks for signing, Sheena!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 13:22

Not at all, its a very nasty situation which the German Fed. should stand up & deal with, ignoring it will not make it go away!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 14:18

ITA Sheena!
Thanks Saori and Marta!

There are some news from Sandra Persch on FSU:
Quote :
I'd say something is bound to happen soon. The regional presidents are already on it. I know that the president of NRW (Ice Dance Teams of Hermann/Hermann and Beier/Beier, Tim Giesen and Isabel Drescher belong to this one), SAS (Haslinger/Finke, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Zhiganshina/Gaszi) and some others are working on getting an extra-ordinary members meeting that wouldn't be due until 2010 together now.

Hopefully they get the necesary number of votes together soon so that Doensdorf is gone before the next Team camps. Its not like he is welcome there anyways and currently he can only do his job from behind a desk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 15:00

Shocked
Of course I'll sign the petition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   19.06.09 22:41

nina, but was there no legal action taken? i mean, this sort of thing should be resolved in a court room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13332
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   21.06.09 16:23

Oh I am outraged that the German fédé makes concerning nothing sexual harassment and does not support its sportsmen. I read this sad news that Sasha had attempted in its days.
I signed the petition.
Oh je suis outrée que la fédé allemande ne fait rien concernant le harcèlement sexuel et ne soutienne pas ses sportifs . J'ai lu cette triste nouvelle que Sasha avait attenté à ses jours .
J'ai signé la pétition.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   23.06.09 13:37

The English version of the petition is available now:
http://manuelasraum.beepworld.de/x-deu.htm#englisch
Just that you know what exactly you signed Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   23.06.09 18:53

I've sign it too...but I wrote wrong my nickname Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   23.06.09 19:36

Thank you all! :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your help is needed!!   

Back to top Go down

Your help is needed!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: