Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   18.07.09 19:23

Being quite numerous times in Oberstdorf over the last year now, being the town I got the first time in contact with Figure Skating(IceDOME 2008 being the first time),not in front of a screen and getting to see the work of the Oberstdorf team,which I love......O. meaning quite a lot to me......I thought to dedicate a whole thread to it and gonna post my “reports” and pictures here from now on,if there's intrest Wink ...........

OBERSTDORF

“Oberstdorf is a municipality and skiing and hiking town in southwest Germany, located in the Allgäu region of the Bavarian Alps.

At the center of Oberstdorf is a church whose tall spire serves as a landmark for navigating around town. The summits of the Nebelhorn and Fellhorn provide dramatic panoramic views of the alps. The Nebelhorn can be reached with a big cable car(“Nebelhronbahn”). Oberstdorf is one of the highest market towns in Germany.

Visitors can ride a unique diagonal elevator to the top of the Heini-Klopfer-Skiflugschanze(the ski jump).

Oberstdorf hosts every New Year the first part of the famous Four Hills Tournament in ski jump.

Germany’s modern figure skating center was build on the outside of the town. It has three covered rinks and some of them are accesible to the public,for recreational skating.

Oberstdorf hosts the annual Nebelhorn Trophy figure skating competition and has hosted the German Figure Skating Championships twelve times. It has also hosted the 1982, 200, and 2007 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.”

[Quoting the IceDOME broshure]

Though I would add some of my pictures(would take too much time,to make a new album,for only scenery and rink pics,that's why I'm posting the entire albums):
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=135899&id=720640081&l=d1dfe9bfb4
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=208039&id=720640081&l=97a2d20cdb
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=224853&id=720640081&l=dd7f7b0fb9
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=224869&id=720640081&l=31527cbc59

THE FIGURE SKATING CENTER

http://en.ice-dome.com/skating-center/3916-0-0-3916-0.htm

[Update: Carolina left as everyone knows.....plus,the team has been joined by the three time ukrainian Champion Anton Kovalevskyi and just recently Philipp Tischendorf,2nd and 3rd at german Champs,left Berlin and came over to train with Mr.Huth.]

[EDIT: Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy are part of IceDOME,as well]

IceDOME(german/english)

Just to explain,for those who don't know what's IceDOME about........it's a summer trainingscamp started by Mr.Huth(his wife being a part of it),taking place each year in Oberstdorf first,than right after in Hamar,Karlskrona and than once again in O’dorf!!It’s a camp for generally young skaters,who have the possibility to work/train with top coaches(Mr.Huth,Vlasta Kopřivová, ,Dr.Rostislav Sinicyn,but also not in O’dorf based trainers,like Peter Grütter,Stannick Jeannette a.o.) and Top skaters(Tomáš Verner,Sarah Meier, Kristoffer Berntsson and Carolina Kostner used to be a part of it) during that period of time!!It leads up with a show each time(dunno about Scandinavia).

http://en.ice-dome.com/icedome/4136-0-0-4136-0.htm

Last edited by Eva on 20.07.09 13:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   18.07.09 19:25

So here you go........

My pictures of last week(July 7th-12th) can be found on Facebook - feel free to comment!!Razz

The rehersal and the show on July 10th

Being there with Daphne,a japanese friend,Mayumi "aka" Pianomaya on AS and our usuall Oberstdorf “crew”!!We arrived with Daphne on Tuesday evening so missed the regular training, but still were in time for Tomas&Anton’s rehersal in the evening.....can’t remember laughing so hard for ages,close to non-stop,LOL :lach: :super: :lach: :super: :

mediafire.com ?sharekey=bc60386810b24734b64026cfc0611236cefea85e519980c05621d66e282a0ee8
(©Daphne - On those vids they still were making up the choreography....they would make up even more hilarious scenes&moves,LOL,which we sadly didn't capture,since we prefered to enjoy the whole thing and not holding a camera mdr !!If the youtube link appears,I'm going to post it here!!)

To explain Tommy’s Flamenco dress lol! : The July IceDOME show always tends to be "diffrent" compared to others you know,LOL.....in a sense to be VERY “crazy”(meant in a good way),concerning: 1.The Finale,where all the skaters and coaches participating the camp,have their part on ice all together,coming on ice groupwise one after the other and in the end keep skating for over half an hour - music playing in the backround....Tomas,Kris,Philipp and Anton being one of the last leaving the ice,LOL!!Every year heaving a theme!!This year it was Elvis!!; 2. In the end of the second half of the show,after the break,used to be Tomas&Carolina(can’t be beaten) having a program together and it’s now with Anton instead(priceless,as well,but in another way)!!

Well,this year it was “Carmen”,Tomas giving the Lady XD and Anton the Torerro....BEST CARMEN INTERPRETATION EVER cheers (boring music piece??Noooo way!!.....for me it never will be again mdr :greensmilewink ) !!The rehersals were pure blast and during the show me and Daphne could hardly stay on our seats....ended up crying and cheek aching XD!!PRICELESS performance clap :super: Razz Cool :crazy: :lach: !!!!!!!!!!It was a hilarious night all in all,thinking of the Finale,as well and when we were the last to be at the rink,LOL!!!

Except of the funny hilarious 2 parts(Finale/Carmen) of the show,there are "normal" exhibition programs,as well(Till now just Tommy's appeared):

♢ "Tribute to MJ" - ROCKED as always!!Guess which bunch of ppl was screaming the loudest @ the beginning(except of the "allez",haha - we were the answer to it,LOL),in between and in the end
:-P .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUiSwXfreU8 (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSPeVzf5e8 (Part 2)

♢ Kristoffer skated to "Sweet Dreams" - like you know him :jumping: !!

♢ Philipp(Tischendorf) to "I'm Yours" Wink !!

♢ Others being part of the show were: Lucie Mysliveckova&Matej Novak(CZE),Annette Dytrt,the two Helgesson girls and other younger participant of IceDOME!!

♢ Finale (Everyone,all IceDOME participants + the coaches) :greensmilewink

....should there appear links,I'm going to post!!

Pics of the Gala:
http://www.ice-dome.com/galerie/3797-0-0-3720-0-show=galerie&gal=244.htm
(Ignore the Live Act....its the first time ever there was one at the iceDOME show!!We guess,cause of Carolina's absence - oh,she's missed!!)

[The 4 pics in my FB-album are from the Finale - the three of them being one of the last skating around,LOL]

The days before the show

Wed&Thursday there were regular IceDOME trainings of Tomas,Kristoffer,Anton K., Philipp T.,Annette Dytrt,Joshi H.&Viktoria Helgesson.I would love to say more,but since they are all new programms,I have to hold my mouth shut on the web,as much as I would love to share with you - its a "torture" not being able to talk about them,LOL,please believe me!!I just can say that Kristoffer's programs are just as awesome as always,´"Kris-like" Razz ,not to talk about Tomas's Cool cheers and the other new programs!!Apart of that we also went to Ice Dance,too and later in the evenings,him not being a part of IceDOME,to Michal Březina's practice!!For now I just can share training pics:

http://www.tomasverner.com/ :greensmilewink Cool Exclamation
(Enter --->Pictures--->Season 2009-2010--->2009-IceDome Oberstdorf)

http://93784.forums.motigo.com/?action=messages_show&boardmessage_id=502624&page=2
(you find them in the last post)

http://93784.forums.motigo.com/?action=messages_show&boardmessage_id=502624&page=1
(First IceDOME weeks - Sarah Meier was still there,too)

http://www.ice-dome.com/galerie/3797-0-0-3720-0-show=galerie&gal=230.htm

To explain the waterfall pictures......THE waterfall,being one of our fav places,beside the ice center,LOL,made us(well,it always has been Daphnes idea) think of how cool it would be to show Tomas this place and do a little "photoshoot" Cool .....so,since on thursday there was a huge break between the two trainings and he had time,he went with us Razz ....and since there was a friend along with us,having a better camera,she joint!!You can find the pics at the link of Tommys official website,posted above sunny !!Pure blast!!

Learning Japanese lol! and the days after the show

Beside the IceDOME trainings,we went skating ourselfs too,doing serious "training",LOL,Philipp T. offering to give us a lesson aka "masterclass" - can't express how it felt to be on ice (I know this sounds hilarious,but was always a dream of mine) with a "real" figure skater Razz :skating: ....and.....having a blast,inventing our very own ending of "Carmen" with Daphne - the others humming the Carmen-melody in the backround :lach: !!On Saturday,the day after the show,there were still trainings...Tomas leaving after the first to CZE,joining the others 2 days after in Hamar(NOR)!!On our last day(Sun) we went out for a sightseeing tour up to the Nebelhorn and after that to the Breitachklamm - there are pics in my album Very Happy !!

Least but not last,wanna mention,that in the past week me and Daphne got a little lesson in japanese by our 2 Ladies from Japan(Daph's friend and Mayumi) Razz !!Saori,for give me if the spelling is wrong hide8up :

♢ douitashimaste=You're welcome

♢ Kakkoii=Cool!

♢ Yonkaiten-Sankaiten=
mediafire.com ?sharekey=bc60386810b24734b64026cfc0611236092fe73f94bd29d15be6ba49b5870170 ....guess what it means?! :greensmilewink (© Mayumi - Btw was followed by flawless ones ;P!)

♢ Hai!=Yes!

♢ Waratte!=smile!

:japonais-coeur

ALL IN ALL IT WERE 6 FAB DAYS!! Razz youpi Razz

EDIT : P.S.:I hope you forgive the czech flag and the banner guys,but I can't help that along with Brian,I cheer with all my heart for Tommy(well,you know how I mean it!!) hide8up sunny

Last edited by Eva on 22.07.09 21:20; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13331
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   18.07.09 19:48

Great report ,great photos thnak you Eva bisousfleurs !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   18.07.09 20:23

Eva, you really did your homework now, thanks for sharing these wonderful moments.
:kissvn8.gif:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 9:00

Eva , I can clearly sense your excitement about Oberstdorf & Ice Dome camp! white bunny
I already followed your photos at facebook and you had such a blast!! Also thank you for sharing the general info about the camp and the city. "Carmen" in Tomas' interpretation is hard to beat indeed mdr Figure skating, sightseeing, paparazzi, ice skating lessons...and you even get a chance to learn some Japanese - fruitful & intense week! :super:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 10:35

Thanks a lot! bisousfleurs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 10:58

Thanks a lot Eva for sharing these wonderful Obertsdorf moments with us! :kissvn8.gif:
It's a pure joy to follow your stories, I barely can stop laughing loudly while reading and watching pics. Photos are just fabulous! :jumping: So great that you manage to meet skaters in a such friendly atmosphere, I'm absolutely sure that this camp is not only a skating experience, but also lot of fun for everyone! Cool that you're able to skate yourself! :biellmando5: Tomas' Carmes just made me :lach: Awsome!

Btw, this camp must be a quite popular form of training for young skaters because I can see a girl, who attended the same skating camp as I did last year in Poland (but she was skating in a professional group, of course) Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 12:36

Thank you Eva!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 14:38

Thanks Eva!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 15:06

Thank you, Eva!! cheers

Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   19.07.09 16:51

Wow!! Eva....Nobody could ever say that you girls didn't have a fabulous time, LOL. Thanks for going to all the trouble to do a thorough report with all the photo links. bisousfleurs It brought your whole amazing experience to life for the rest of us who aren't nearly as lucky.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   20.07.09 8:28

Great report, thanks Eva! Your photos at facebook rock!!! :jumping: I imagine you had a BLAST in Oberstdorf!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   20.07.09 14:53

THANKS everyone!!!!You’re welcome!!Was a BIG joy for me to share with you girls sunny !!At least something I can do,to bring Oberstdorf a bit closer and during “off-season” some skating,to you Razz ,if I already am living that close!!....Mary,was my pleasure,to go through all this “trouble”(I enjoyed) - by writting I could recall all those moments ones more mdr cheers!!I know,I repied myself,but I truelly recommend the iceDOME show and the rehersal to it,to all of you!!UNIQUE!!

Btw did some wee editing at both posts!!Plus,the iceDOME website updated the gallery!!They added more Wink to the 9 pics which it were in the beginning(am not sure when exactly they did so,before or after my post,so I thought to tell),so have a look:

http://www.ice-dome.com/galerie/3797-0-0-3720-0-show=galerie&gal=244.htm
(The first is simply a priceless shot :lach: )

Malgosia wrote:
"Carmen" in Tomas' interpretation is hard to beat indeed mdr Figure skating, sightseeing, paparazzi, ice skating lessons...and you even get a chance to learn some Japanese - fruitful & intense week! :super:
OH YEAH!! Razz

Sonia wrote:
It's a pure joy to follow your stories, I barely can stop laughing loudly while reading and watching pics. Photos are just fabulous! :jumping: So great that you manage to meet skaters in a such friendly atmosphere, I'm absolutely sure that this camp is not only a skating experience, but also lot of fun for everyone! Cool that you're able to skate yourself! :biellmando5: Tomas' Carmes just made me :lach: Awsome!

Btw, this camp must be a quite popular form of training for young skaters because I can see a girl, who attended the same skating camp as I did last year in Poland (but she was skating in a professional group, of course) Wink
Hmm,it has quite a name,through Mr.Huth,so yeah......soon,the two of us will be a part of the professional group,as well lol! !!Thank youuu :kissvn8.gif: ...this was my intention ;P!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   20.07.09 19:05

Eva wrote:
soon,the two of us will be a part of the professional group,as well lol!

Yup, we'll be the new stars on ice lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   20.07.09 19:49

Exactly!!Cheering for one another....and....joining IceDOME next summer!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   21.07.09 7:47

huge thanks for your report Eva! what a wonderful time you had cheers the gala must have benn fabulous.
and again: I love Tomas Very Happy simply on the basis of the pictures Very Happy
is he generally in good shape? landing the quads, axels and so on? and Kris too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   21.07.09 10:33

Thank you Eva for great story. Fantastic thread Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   21.07.09 12:48

Thanks!!You're welcome girls!!

humming bird wrote:
and again: I love Tomas Very Happy simply on the basis of the pictures Very Happy
is he generally in good shape? landing the quads, axels and so on? and Kris too?
He’s in a very good shape!!His Quad toes look aweeeesome,the 3As,as well Razz and he even said on the radio interview from norway IceDOME yesterday,he’s practicing the quad sal!!Kris was practicing the 4T as well though was a little less succesfull than Tomas and we even have seen a couple of 3A’s from him,too!!

I can't get enough of the "Zorbas the greek"-stepsequence!! cheers :naughty15kz: :super: :jumping:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   21.07.09 12:51

Would be perfect mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   22.07.09 8:20

First pics of Hamar(Norway) IceDOME are up cheers :

http://www.ice-dome.com/galerie/3797-0-0-3720-0-show=galerie&gal=251.htm

Sonia wrote:
Would be perfect
A big career lying ahead of us mdr :greensmilewink !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   23.07.09 12:37

Wow, wonderful news about jumps! 4S, sounds impressing! Very Happy

Thanks for posting the link with photos from Norway, Eva! bisousfleurs I see that Aliona & Robin have joined the camp there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   25.07.09 10:39

:greensmilewink

Sonia wrote:
Thanks for posting the link with photos from Norway, Eva! bisousfleurs I see that Aliona & Robin have joined the camp there.
You're welcome!! sunny

Btw,MORE pics have been uploaded today(worth taking a look everybody Wink ):
http://en.ice-dome.com/galerie/3920-0-0-3902-0-show=galerie&gal=251.htm#
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   28.07.09 12:06

You can find a part of Kris's Exhibition Gala here (along with "Carmen" on top and MJ,one of the programmes which got us dancing on the seats Wink cheers :jumping: )...advertise for the DVD,coming out each year:

http://www.ice-dome.com/interaktiv/3797-0-0-5381-0.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   28.07.09 12:33

:Merci2:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   28.07.09 12:51

Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBERSTDORF thread! ;P   

Back to top Go down

OBERSTDORF thread! ;P
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: