View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 1:13

so boiler problem got fixed. i annoyed some people with phone calls until they came and fixed it. at first they said they would come tomorrow but water was leaking all ober my bathroom. and i had buckets to hold the water but the were getting fulled very quickly so i decided that i may better be annoying then get floded Rolling Eyes

but key are still missing. thanks mary for the good vides. i hope they work. my husband is so pissed at me. like i am not sorry enough.
i always find it annoying when people say that if you had been more careful something would not have happened. what are they? do they have a crystal ball or something??? sometimes accidents happen nomatter how careful you are.
loosing the dam keys is a biiiiig inconvinient because my car car get stolen now very easyly and because it will cost me like half my monthly paycheck to change them, but, it's not like i meant for it to happen.

ok, end of rant. i guess you can tell i was pissed.

i'll try focus on the positive : i got the visa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 3:49

Gis, I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday.

Emi, I agree with what everyone else said. Meet somewhere with a lot of people, preferably with friends.

Irina, congrats on getting the visa! Smile Sorry to hear about your boiler and the missing car keys. Bad stuff happens, but you should focus on the good (getting the visa).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 3:58

Welcome bak, Irina!
Congrats for getting your visa!

And I'm happy at list your boiler it is fixed!

Quote :
i always find it annoying when people say that if you had been more careful something would not have happened. what are they? do they have a crystal ball or something??? sometimes accidents happen nomatter how careful you are.
What bothers me is they act like that will never happend to them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 8:21

Congrats Irina:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 10:38

Welcome back Irina! hugs
Inclassable37 for getting Canadian visa!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13302
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.11.09 14:19

Welcome back Irina cheers !

Good news , Canadian visa !! Irina.
Ouch for the keys of car and the boiler and fortunately repaired with a lot of wait ! They are never pressed to come to repair but to sell the check that goes very fast!
Ouch pour les clés de voiture et la chaudière et heureusement réparée avec beaucoup d'attente !Ils ne sont jamais pressés de venir réparer mais pour débiter le chèque ça va très vite !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   20.11.09 15:39

Hi ladies!
I have uploaded my best photos to Facebook which I made in England. I hope you like them:
http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?page=1&aid=2037201&id=1103642436
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baboo*lena*
The Mission

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   20.11.09 15:50

Thanks Nicole. Great photos!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   20.11.09 20:32

Thanks and bravo for this beautiful photos. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   22.11.09 13:40

Welcome back Irina(though I was missing for a long time,as well) hugs !!!!
AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU getting the Visa cheers dance2!!!I really do hope,a miracle happens and you find your keys,as I know of a friend what you go through replacing etc.!!Btw also if it doen't belong here,ehem,just noticed,that in all the study stress forgot to answer on your wall post on facebook,will tell you the waiter story by some chance,also in order to distract you (at least a bit) from you current worries Wink!!

irina_something wrote:
Quoting this!!!!!!!

Thanks Nicole,very much enjoyed going through your pictures!! bisousfleurs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   22.11.09 13:49

Thanks Nicole for sharing your pictures!!! They make me want to go back to England...right now, instead of doing my research papers and finals. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   22.11.09 23:39

thanks for the photos nicole, i will look at them soon and i will check for eva story !!!
my keys are still missing and i don't think i will find them anymore.
i am also very sad about the romanian elections for president. i will not comment further because i feel like saying very mean things about my fellow countrymen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   24.11.09 19:11

i have been away for a while (being busy boss), but now i hope to visit BJDG daily again as in the old times. i had a kinda bad illness and then an even worse writing crisis (somehow i can deal with feeling physically bad, but i immediately panick if i feel i cant write anything good), but it seems to be gone now. i have read like 5 books in a week and it always helps me to make up normally sounding sentences.
on the other hand its not easy to be the boss. i hear only critics - not that everything is bad, but readers usually wont call you to say you wrote a damned good article. but they call you to point out your mistakes... sometimes its depressing and sometimes i feel im not strong and confident enough, but lately i feel much better and probably i act more confident (gosh, i hear this word with Brians accent in my head... LOL).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   24.11.09 21:43

Titi...I do hope your health will continue to be good. With all these different kinds of flu circling the planet, one never knows when one will contract something very serious. In regard to the "writing crisis," that's one I can relate to, LOL, although I write fiction and don't work the the kind of deadlines you do, I hate it with a passion when I get stuck and the plot or story doesn't develop as it should. I'm so not fond of floudering, wondering what I can do to get rid of writer's block.

I wouldn't worry to much about those feelings of inadequacy in regard to your supervisorial skills. You're still on a learning curve and probably will be that way for the next six months or so. I don't think there's a person alive, who has become a boss overseeing colleagues, that hasn't had pangs of uncertainty of the job. All boss-types start out that way, unfortunately, LOL. Being a boss is a very different concept than simply being a writer pumping out good articles. One has to make decsions, now, that were never considered before because it wasn't your duty to think about all that. Instead of only thinking about what makes a good article, you've got to think about what is best for the newspaper and the readership. In any case, I have every confidence that you can handle all the many new duties and continue to be a top-notch journalist, at the same time. Just remember, when you need a boost from people who greatly admire your writing skills, come here to BJDG and reap all our appreciation. I'm sure we can make up for all the criticism your readership dishes out, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   25.11.09 1:13

titi, i am glad to hear that you are again the master and commander of your muse. and as far as being the boss goes just think like this : 4197610 4197610 4197610

and of course people only call to complain because the human race is just not very nice, but you do you best, don't waste to much time on second guessing yourself and only listen to the opinions that matter ( i mean, smart people ... like say, randomly picking here a name, me. and i say you rock !!! see, there you go, a smart person's opinion to listen to 4197610 )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   25.11.09 7:56

Titi,i am glad to know you're feeling better now!!
and Irinaaaaaaaaaa,I AM SOOOO BADLY HAPPY TO HEAR that u've got canadian visa!!!!!!!!I am a bit late with my exclamations lol i know,but still,congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   25.11.09 19:37

Titanilla wrote:
i have been away for a while (being busy boss), but now i hope to visit BJDG daily again as in the old times. i had a kinda bad illness and then an even worse writing crisis (somehow i can deal with feeling physically bad, but i immediately panick if i feel i cant write anything good), but it seems to be gone now. i have read like 5 books in a week and it always helps me to make up normally sounding sentences.
on the other hand its not easy to be the boss. i hear only critics - not that everything is bad, but readers usually wont call you to say you wrote a damned good article. but they call you to point out your mistakes... sometimes its depressing and sometimes i feel im not strong and confident enough, but lately i feel much better and probably i act more confident (gosh, i hear this word with Brians accent in my head... LOL).

Titi, I´m so glad, you´re better now! Don´t worry, you´ll get back on track. And even critics can be good in some way - pushes you forward to become even better Wink And more CONFIDENT lol! (it´s not just you who can hear Brian´s accent everytime when using this word lach )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   26.11.09 8:23

take carre Titi - boss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   26.11.09 19:27

SO glad our boss and new announced trainer,LOL,is feeling good again Wink !!!!There are good critics and there are the senseless....just don't give a damn to the second Titi and keep on doing the great job you do!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F1orult
James Bond

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 0:38

Hello Girls!

i'm sorry, i have been away for a while too.. ou know, work, schools, stupid things.. But i live yet, lol. and my first "article" was published on the net Embarassed Of course, i follow Brian's competitions etc., and i really sad about his problem Sad i wish him a speed recovery!!! Take care Girls! i try to come shortly
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://napfordulo.wordpress.com
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 16:02

F1orult wrote:
Hello Girls!

and my first "article" was published on the net Embarassed

That's great Andi! Congratulations! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 19:42

Good to see you Andi & congratulations on the article!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 22:18

@Titi: I'm glad u are feeling good now!

@ Andi: Nice to see u again hugs Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 23:15

Andi, congratulations for your first article! bisousfleurs I'm sure more will come! manga38

Titi, I'm glad you are better now! Take care! =hug

Yesterday, I was, for the first time, at a India party and it was very fun! Banane My sister and I rented a sari, Indian costume and took an hour and a half to get that put seven meters of cloth in the body lach ...Lots of make up on our faces and earrings, necklaces and bindi. I loved the dances dance2 and Indian food. My sister took many pictures of us embraced with elephants decoration and the group of Indian dance and I hope, as soon as I can, I put pictures in the forum to all of you see the wonderful time I had.

Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.11.09 23:35

Iza....I'm glad you had such a good time at the India party.
Quote :
took an hour and a half to get that put seven meters of cloth in the body
lach 7 meters? LOL, I would not have thought there would be that much cloth in a sari. Okay...how difficult was it to walk in all that cloth? With all those layers it must have gotten quite warm in that costume, lol. I definitely want to see those pictures, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: