View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   25.09.09 10:59

Thank you, ladies, I feel better now, though it´s still sad.....
Nicole, I hope you have a wonderful time in England Smile

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaterina
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1935
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   26.09.09 6:53

Michelle, I totally understand you... Last month I was on my way home, totally happy. Then I took out my cell to check if I would be able to make it in time for an appointment, when I noticed I had missed a call from my long-lost friend. We kind of quarrelled back in February, and I was really angry with her, because it turned out she'd made up all sorts of stories about me and was feeding them to our common friends.. Anyway. Not the point. I call back, thinking maybe let bygones be bygones, I missed her, after all. And the first thing I hear is 'Hey, Dan's dead. Today's the funeral. Come'. The guy is my former classmate, we grew up together... He was just 21..

On a completely different topic, I've started to have nightmares about my job. Like today I was haunted by a frustrated student with giants scissors. In the end I was rescued by my boss, the vice-principal of the school where I work (she pinned the student to the floor with even larger scissors lol!). Life is getting more and more absurd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   26.09.09 9:19

Rina, I also had some nightmares about my job lately... So I can completely understand you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   26.09.09 10:07

oh dear rina, that is an awsomely creepy dream Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.09.09 9:08

What a sad news. Rina. What about nightmare it;s naturally it how you throw away all stresses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.09.09 8:17

Really sad. Rina, sorry to hear that too....
And dear me, your dream!! lach.gif" border="0" alt="" /> Are you sure you are not the second Carrie?? Well, probably not, there was no chainsaw in you dream...lach.gif" border="0" alt="" />

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13302
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.09.09 14:06

Which horrible nightmare, Rina. Beurk.

Michelle and Rina, I am any heart with you, to lose a friend is always sad especially young person.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.09.09 20:03

hugs rina! Sorry for your lost!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   02.10.09 12:47

I guess I have to say sorry for not posting that much lately hide8up!!I somehow couldn't make it over the last weeks,cause either I was away or busy with other stuff!!Give me some time to make up what I missed....from today evening on I'll be back Razz!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   03.10.09 8:12

Ok, Eva we are waiting for you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   04.10.09 16:45

Hey girls! I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. There's been a lot going on. My grandmother is in hospice and close to dying. I also decided that I don't want to be a social worker anymore and will be transferring to the graduate history program at the university I'm attending now. The thing is...I've been quite miserable with social work for a while now, and I want to do study history, because it will make me happy. Luckily, my parents are supporting my decision. I'm not sure what I want to do with a master's degree in history, but I know I'll think of something.

I hope you're all doing well! Smile hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   04.10.09 19:07

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Kiki, I hope she is not suffering too much.

I think you are right to change to what really interests you! One future option you could maybe consider might be in the Heritage/historical sector - (like me working for the National Trust)??

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   04.10.09 20:49

Wow, Kiki, I'm so sorry to learn of your grandmother's serious illness. I'm sure she draws great comfort in knowing that her family is with her. Losing a grandparent is a big deal in one's life; they're an important connection to the history of the family. I will keep her, and all of you, in my prayers.

I totally understand about coming to the realization that what you thought you'd like to get a Master's in turns out not to be what you really want, LOL. While I never got the to Master's level in the field of study I thought I wanted to be in, I did a major switch at the start of my junior year in college and ended up leaving college shortly thereafter to become a professional horse trainer and riding instructor. Unfortunately my mother was furious and disowned me for a few years after that, LOL. I have no doubt that you will find something worthwhile to do with that Master's degree. However, I did work briefly in my field of study--commercial art--before I left it behind, altogether.

BTW, what soured you on social work?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   04.10.09 23:20

Thanks Sheena and Mary. My grandmother isn't suffering much at all. They're giving her a lot of good pain medication, so she's sleeping mostly. I'm just happy that she won't be in pain or suffering anymore.

Mary, it wasn't that something soured. Someone close to me once said that I shouldn't major in history because "you can't do anything with it other than teach". I went into sociology and eventually social work because of that. I convinced myself to suppress my passion for history and tried to make myself become a social worker. In classes (particularly my therapy class) and at my field placement, I kept thinking, "What am I doing?!" Even my supervisor noticed that I wasn't into anything social work related...it was after a conversation with my supervisor that I decided to stop lying to myself and follow my heart into history. I know I'm going to be a lot happier now. Smile

Oh Mary, you worked in commercial art? It's interesting because my mom has a degree in commercial art. She's the art person in the family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   05.10.09 1:33

Kiki....Yes, I was a commercial artist/illustrator for 3 years, on a day to day basis, and off and on over the following 7 years as a free-lance artist (when I needed extra funds, lol). It was something I could fall back on when the horse business was experiencing seasonal ups an downs. I got the job because the guy I was dating, at the time, learned about an opening with a commercial art studio which was owned by a former boss of his. I submitted my portfolio, traveled out of state for two interviews and was hired. It necessitated moving to another state (which was welcome because of serious issues between my mother and I which couldn't be easily resolved). I packed up my two horses and 7 afghan hounds, hitched my horse trailor to my pickup truck, and moved to Tennessee, lock, stock and barrel, LOL. Loved it down there.

On the history-job issue, some dear friends of mine both graduated with degrees in history and worked, over the years, for various non-profit groups and historical societies. One of them even worked for a time for an archaeologist who specialized in Native American excavations.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   05.10.09 19:24

Kiki, I'm sorry about your grandmother illness. hugs I hope everything goes as better as can be in this situation. I lost my grandmother seven years ago and even now I miss so much her in my life. I will prayer to her and all your family.

About your study switch, I totally undestand and support it. When the doubts comes is always better to follow the heart, so you did it perfectly. :kissvn8.gif: Day by day to work as a social worker could be very hard, specially those difficult crisis days, so I think it is better to study history, which leaves hearts and minds to a great journey. I wish you good lucky and joy in your new classes. :super:
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   05.10.09 22:20

Blue Bead wrote:
I packed up my two horses and 7 afghan hounds, hitched my horse trailor to my pickup truck, and moved to Tennessee, lock, stock and barrel, LOL. Loved it down there.
Mary C.

mary i think you might be living my husband's dream life tire la langue only exchange afghan hounds with greyhounds. he always dreams of having horses and that his love for greyhounds anf horses could actually be his job.
any pics of your hounds and horses?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 0:29

Thanks Iza! hugs I'm so happy that I'm switching to history. I know I'm going to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 14:07

Hello ladies! I have come back from England and I had a great time there.
At the weekend when I have much time I'll upload my best photos but now I have to learn a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 14:10

P.S. I was surprised to see the new profile of the BJDG. I do like the new banner. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 15:34

Kiki, Im sorry to hear about your grandma.... kisses

But I really support your decision about switching to History. You should study what you are interested in, and Im sure you will find a good job with this degree!

Mary, your life is very very interesting! I see there were some hard times, but also adventourous times!

Nicole, glad to hear you had such a great time in England and cant wait for the photos!

As for me, Im getting a bit tired at work and my new colleague is not so much better (but slightly better, no more snake-eye issues at least). Sometimes my head is so empty and Im having strange dreams about cemeteries, funerals and caskets... They are weird and tiresome. I often feel I dont deal with things as I should, but I realize it too late, when things cant be changed... I have no time for reading at all, or when I had time I was not in the mood because I was annoyed by some silly mistakes. I feel tired, tired, tired, tired. This is the 17th day in a row Im spending with work and my eyes want to fall off my head.

But! There is some Joubert-spirit, isnt it?! I know I have to get over it and I will. I will get used to this new situation and I will feel more relaxed.

(And... this is something silly... but im looking forward to the daily editorial meeting so much, because our editor-in-chief is so hot... hide8up :naughty15kz: )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 18:30

Nicole90 wrote:
Hello ladies! I have come back from England and I had a great time there.
At the weekend when I have much time I'll upload my best photos but now I have to learn a lot.

i'm looking forward to seeing your photos nicole !!! where exactly in england where you?

titi, stress at work can really make life hard. i mean i know we are supposed to leave work at work but when it drains your energy you just can't do that. i really hope you will get used to your new position. and obviously the loss you suffered this year is still fresh in your heart and mind, give yourself some time and i think you will feel better.

i ,on the other hand, am going to visit bratislava this weekend but things ended up being more complicated then they seemed and all this because of some silly workers at a motel reception. i had a reservation and they mess it up. well, i received a note that there is a room at this one hostel, but it seems to be really dirty. scratch oh well, i shall see, but i am happy to go to bratislava !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   06.10.09 18:38

irina, Im also very happy that you are coming to Bratislava and im looking forward to friday night!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   07.10.09 9:47

You are having a tough time Titi - hang in there! You demand alot from yourself but don't forget to cut yourself a little slack., & remember that not everyone else shares your dedication & standards!

Irina's visit should help - a night out, a good meal, lots of girl-talk, checking out the hot guys......

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   07.10.09 12:58

Titi, thank you. Remember the Joubert spirit! Never give up! I also think that what Sheena said about demanding a lot of yourself is true too.

I hope you and Irina have a wonderful visit together! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: