View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   13.05.10 14:26

I am any heart with you Michelle and do not discourage you! Your profession is so nice and primordiable in the future life of your pupils!
I hope that you have assistant on behalf of other professors, to see with them what you can make for your recalcitrant pupils!
Our professors also know this problem and do not hesitate to call the parents! Sometimes parents "resign" for their children for x reasons, chomage, close eyes in front of made bétises by their kids!
Je suis tout coeur avec toi Michelle et ne te décourage pas! Ta profession est tellement belle et primordiable dans la vie future de tes élèves!
J'espère que tu as de l'aide de la part des autres professeurs , voir avec eux ce que tu peux faire pour tes élèves récalcitrants !
Nos professeurs connaissent aussi ce problème et n'hésite pas de convoquer les parents ! Parfois des parents "démissionnent" pour leurs enfants pour x raisons , chomage , ferment les yeux devant les bétises commises de leurs gamins!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   13.05.10 16:15

Michelle....first of all, mega hugs (((((((((hugs)))))))) to you. I know what you mean about kids not applying themselves for their studies. I've seen this regularly in the schools in my area of the US. It seems that the kids who don't give a darn develop that outlook because their parents have similar attitudes often due to their own situations with work, home life, disagreements with relatives and other people. If the parents don't enforce the study habits of the kids at home, the kids have no reason to care about what they do in school. When these kids manage to graduate (and most of them don't...they drop out of school) they have no clue as to what they want to do, whether go to university or get at menial job in a factory, etc. I don't know...maybe it the times we live in, lol, countries with rotten economies, jobs that don't last long (if at all), disappointments with how the world is or the local community. It all becomes over-powering.

As to what you might do for yourself to alleviate the distress you are under, have you thought about doing volunteer work for some organization? There are a lot of different opportunities out there, organizations who could benefit from your skills as a teacher....tutoring programs aimed at the disadvantaged child, for instance. If there isn't such a thing in your area, perhaps you could start one. Find other dedicated teachers to go into it with you and help the kids who are struggling with their school work....work with them a couple hours a day after the regular school session.

Something you can do, just for yourself, get involved in a hobby...something so fascinating that you think of nothing else but it when you're working on it. It will help to get your mind off what is disturbing you about your teaching work. Also, go out and get some vigorous exercise. I've found that getting worn out from a workout clears out my mind and wears me out at the same time, lol.

Mary C. (edited to clarify the last sentence, lol)

Last edited by Blue Bead on 13.05.10 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   13.05.10 21:10

Thank you so much, Gis and Mary hugs

I know what you mean, Mary, with kids acting practically the way they were "raised" at home. I do know that many of my students have family problems and I often also talk to them about anything. Sometimes I dare to skip the "real" lesson and exchange it for just a simple talk, because I can see that they need it, and often it helps. We talk about life, relationships, what bothers them, anything. But not all of them are willing to open their minds and understand what we would like to give them for life. Yes, when we (the teachers) have real problems, we call the parents, but they can mostly do nothing big, because either they can´t handle their kids themselves, or (and that´s even worse) they think their children are the best and WE, the teachers are the ones to blame Sad
As for the volunteer work, I was thinking about it already. I would love to do something really useful, something that would fill me up (especially now, when I´m feeling so empty inside...) I´m not sure yet, if I do it, but I will definitely think about it.

But I think my bigger problem now is the other thing, the one to do with my heart and emotions... And I think that affects my feelings about those troubles at work as well and makes it even worse. For the first time since almost a year, I cried in front of someone else today ....... I just couldn´t hold up anymore and it hit me in front of my very good friend at work (thankfully noone else was there) Sad In the afternoon I went out for a while with a friend and it was really nice. Then I watched Disney´s WALL-E with my mom and some TV series and I felt okay. As long as I keep my mind somewhere else, by being really into something, I forget about my pain for a while, but as long as I stop, it´s there again......

Mary, talking about hobbies, I do have a few. One of them is the video montage making, and I´m looking forward to return to it, since I will have and external hard drive soon finally (I have barely any space in my laptop now Very Happy), so I will have free hands after some while finally to do what I really love Smile Going for skating montages again definitely Very Happy And some more as well... I was also thinking about some dance classes, I will surely keep an eye on that soon Smile

I´m going to see my grandma tomorrow and will return on Sunday, so I´m really looking forward to go away, without internet, to a place I feel safe and well, hopefully that will help me clear my head as well, at least a little.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   14.05.10 6:10

Oh, Michelle... hugs hugs hugs
I dont really know how to cheer you up because Ive always gone through such periods of time when I realized someone means more to me than just a friend. But... please dont let the pain to ruin all the good things... I cant really put into words what I mean, but I hope you understand me...

As I havent been here for a while, maybe a short update about me. In general Im doing well although Wednesday was a total crap day for me, but its over now, now Im at home in Rimavská Sobota relaxing and taking my time, haha Very Happy My heart and emotions are also sometimes crazy but I try to keep it under control. Lets say I have an inspiration now and I dont want to loose this inspiration by believing in illusions.

Ive also decided to keep an emotional distance from a colleague who was a mentor and an idol for me for a long time but now I realized most of the time he does emotional blackmail. Sometimes this terror was so painful that my stomach ached all day. So I realized I cant change him but I can change my attitude. I decided to be tough and dont let his words (good or bad) affect me. Before this, if he told me I did a good job, I was over the moon and if he criticized me I was ruined for weeks. Now I still listen to his opinion because he is damned good: but if he says I did a good job, I dont get euphoric and if he criticizes me I dont feel like total silly and it doesnt hurt so much. I hope I will manage to keep up this "wall", because the football world cup is coming and if i let him to affect me emotionally, i will get a heart attack. I really hope I can stay strong, LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   14.05.10 16:23

It's good to see you posting again, Titi. I've missed you and I've wondered how the job of boss is treating you. Regarding this colleague you've looked up to for so long, it's so easy to put someone like that on a pedestal, sometimes without realizing you've done it, lol. The effects can be devastating on one's pysche' as you've discovered. Now that you've faced up to his psychological ploys and put some distance between you and him, realize that some these people that awe us and cause us to listen and heed every word coming from their mouths often, under their cloak of seemingly wonderful attributes, are really slime bags in disguise. Wink LOL I think you are taking the correct action toward this guy you've admired for years---now that you really know what he's like. Hang in there!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FREYJA
Time

Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   14.05.10 20:49

HUGS Michelle & Titi hugs hugs

well, my mood isn´t any better - i´m preparing for my exams and i think atm that it´s only a waste of time and something will go wrong and everything Sad

and it seems that i have problem with myself too - as i said to one friend of mine - i just feel empty these days, like there is something missing, maybe it´s because of my relationship - on one hand i think my bf is the best i could ever get and i adore him but on the other hand i´m not that optimistic and i think it will be only worse as we are quite different and stubborn and it can´t work in the future and because of this i´m feeling quite bad - i don´t want to hurt him but i´m hurting myself instead - sometimes

but i can´t be pessimistic, my best motivation for the exams is to pass them because i want to go to sweden in august and not prepare for the exams one more time lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://earenellen.spaces.live.com/
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.05.10 22:36

i"m TNT , i'm dynamite Banane white bunny darkgigotlevrai vache04 that would be me. i just came back from an AC/DC concert and i still feel like ROCKING 4197610
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.05.10 0:37

Good for you, Irina! If anybody deserves to have a rockin' blast, considering all that is happening in your life now, you do, LOL. Banane

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   19.05.10 11:51

I suiis happy because I saw Eric and Cécile! I had not seen them since holidays of the end of the year, fortunately that the phone exists, Internet but it is not the same thing! lol!
We are going to visit them during a semain this summer! Alexxxxxxx also, lol!
Je suiis heureuse car j'ai vu Eric et Cécile !Je ne les avais pas vu depuis les fêtes de fin d'année, heureusement que le téléphone existe ,internet mais ce n'est pas la même chose! lol!
Nous allons leur rendre visite pendant une semain cet été ! Alexxxxxxx également ,lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   19.05.10 14:07

Good news Glslaine!

Also Irina having a good time!!

Lots of encouragement to all facing challenges...... hug

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   19.05.10 17:36

Great for you, Gislaine! Smile
Irina, I bet you had awesome time at the concert Very Happy

Mirka (Freja), hugs to you as well..... I can understand why you´re feeling this way. But you can never choose who you love, no matter of what the differences are between you. It just depends on whether you are both willing to overcome them and find compromises. If you really want to be together, then you will find a way Smile (I wish it worked in my case as well, but it´s so much more complicated.... Crying or Very sad )

Titi, great that you´re back here as well!! And thank you so much for our talks on FB, they really helped me many times hugs I hope the wall will be a good one, protecting you but not keeping you totally out as well (if you get me). Keeping my fingers crossed for you Smile

As for me, I´m a little better, not much, but at least at school it´s a bit better. But otherwise I still feel empty and lonely, despite of having a really nice weekend at grandma and getting two unexpected calls, but sometimes I think, it would be better if I had a reset button and could forget about everything and everyone and start again from zero....though then I know it wouldn´t be right and I don´t regret anything that has happened to me, even though some things really hurt a lot.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   21.05.10 13:39

Hey ladies!! Sorry I haven't been around much. School was literally kicking my behind. I had three massive research papers to do. I'm officially done with the semester as of yesterday, so I'll be around more. I hope things are going well with all of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   22.05.10 15:12

I am happy to see again you on the forum, Kiki!
The weather is beautiful thus the morale goes back up , lol! My elder daughter and her darling are going to come to see us soon! Lol!
Je suis heureuse te revoir sur le forum, Kiki!
Il fait beau donc le moral remonte ,lol !Ma fille aînée et son chéri vont venir nous voir bientôt !lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   23.05.10 5:28

Oh my goodness, Michelle, reading your post on the previous page was exactly like reading my own story and my own emotions, in a nutshell... You just typed up all of the things I have been feeling for months....
I know exactly what you mean about kids not caring! It is so frustrating for me- I am not an academic teacher, ofcourse, but an instructor all the same, and I see the same things as you do. It kills me to see kids not give themselves the chance or the opportunity that they could if they would just apply themselves, and to not realize the help we are trying to provide... And the sad thing is, it seems like there are more and more kids like that as the years go by.
I struggled with so many things this year, as you have- loneliness, frustration in work, heartbreak, etc etc etc. It all builds and builds and when you have nowhere to turn to, it can feel incapacitating at times... There were so many times I wished I could pick up a phone and just call a friend to talk to, but no one seems to have time for that anymore...

I know what has been a great help to me recently is spending more time with my family and nephews. Smile Being with children (especially babies!) can be so healing to the heart and the emotions... They are just so carefree and genuine, and when they smile at you, it's the best!!

So, anyway, I can sympathize!! I wish u all the best!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
6marinka
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   23.05.10 19:39

Love2Smile wrote:
I struggled with so many things this year, as you have- loneliness, frustration in work, heartbreak, etc etc etc. It all builds and builds and when you have nowhere to turn to, it can feel incapacitating at times... There were so many times I wished I could pick up a phone and just call a friend to talk to, but no one seems to have time for that anymore...

I know what has been a great help to me recently is spending more time with my family and nephews. Smile Being with children (especially babies!) can be so healing to the heart and the emotions... They are just so carefree and genuine, and when they smile at you, it's the best!!

So, anyway, I can sympathize!! I wish u all the best!

Thank you so much!
I know, I love children and babies too, they always make me smile Very Happy I wish so much I had my own already..... One of my best friends has a little niece and every now and then, we go out with her, she´s a little sunshine sunny She even stayed calmly in my arms, even though my friend said she never manages to keep still when someone else takes her LOL Children are simply a gift from above and it´s up on the parents and their closest people what becomes of them when they grow up - hopefully the kids of today and tomorrow will get everything they need to care more about themselves and others Smile

Wish you all the best too! hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   31.05.10 17:51

Sabrina and Pascal arrived for a small stay and we are happy! lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FREYJA
Time

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   31.05.10 18:48

I PASSED MY GERMAN BACHELOR EXAM I CAN´T BELIEVE IT lol! Banane dance white bunny
Back to top Go down
JielinL
Untouchable

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   01.06.10 1:13

Congrats! Well, you can finally relax Smile
I have a french exam on the 10th. Fun Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FREYJA
Time

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   01.06.10 9:07

thank you Smile
good luck the 10th Smile
i have another exam that day too - but this is going to be a bit easier Smile
Back to top Go down
missviolet
Love's divine

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   01.06.10 14:30

my best friend has just said me that she saw a copy of teen brian while she was sitting in the bus lol! i was like - you are kidding... and i really thought so because i am talking about figure skating nearly every minute... and then we met him again Wink and she was right!
i wouldnt think that someone can be so similar...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   01.06.10 16:45

Congrats on your exam, Mirka!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   02.06.10 19:53

Mes chères amies, je ne suis plus revenu ici depuis bien trop longtemps à mon goût. Il faut dire que je préparais mon concours d'arrache pied, puis disons le clairement le temps me manquait. Sans doute, y a-t-il eu de ma part aussi un laisser allé auquel j'aimerais vraiment remédier.

Je suis de retour mais avec un moral assez bas, s'expliquant par l'échec à mon concours pour devenir professeur d'Histoire-Géographie. Je sais que c'était difficile de l'avoir du premier coup, mais je pensais au moins passer la phase des écrits, et hélas j'ai été recalé pour 6 points, 6 malheureux points mais qui font que mon parcours s'arrête là pour cette année.

Cependant, je compte bien poursuivre l'année prochaine enfin si j'arrive à avoir aussi mon équivalence de M1. Eh oui mes amies, en France, notre Président a lancé une réforme pour recruter ses enseignants et autant le dire de suite, je risque à cause du seul fait que j'ai juste une licence d'histoire de ne pas être pris, puisqu'il faudra en fait avoir un master à partir de l'année prochaine pour s'inscrire au dit concours. Donc, j'attends les résultats de la commission d'admission. J'espère que cela me sera favorable. Si vous pouviez croiser les doigts pour moi cela m'arrangerait. Bref, de toute manière, je vais me battre pour remonter la pente et puis pour parvenir au métier de mes rêves. Wink

My dear friends, I did not return any more here since for well such a long time to my taste. It is necessary to say that I prepared my competition of tear away foot, then let us say clearly the time missed me. Doubtless, there was from my part also one to leave going which I would really like to remedy .

I am back but with a rather low morale, explaining by the defeat in my competition to become a professor of History - Geography. I know that it was difficult of the credit note straight off, but I thought at least of crossing the phase of the papers, and regrettably I was recalé for 6 points, 6 hurt unfortunates but who make that my route arrests there for this year.

However, I consider good to continue next year finally if I manage to have also my equivalence of M1. Hey yes my friends, in France, our President threw a reform to recruit his teachers and so much say it in succession, I risk because of the only fact that I just have a Bachelor of history not to be taken, because it will be necessary to have in fact a Master's degree from next year to join the said compete.Thus, I wait for the results of the committee of admission. I hope that it will be favorable to me. If you could cross fingers for me it would arrange me. In brief, anyway, I am going to fight to catch up and then to reach the job by my dreams. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   04.06.10 18:12

I'm sorry that everything didn't happen the way you wanted FX - fingers crossed that it will all work out in the end!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   05.06.10 12:40

Quote :
I am going to fight to catch up and then to reach the job by my dreams.

Danseuse01 Danseuse01 Danseuse01
Francois this what you sholud do and think positively!!!! Finger crossed for you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   05.06.10 21:50

Francois...I'm so sorry that your first attempt to gain the position of professor of History/Geography did not happen as you wished it would. You are not the first person who has faced this dispointment. The important point to remember, in this, is that you have other chances to take the tests again. So, in the meantime, study, sharpen your skills by doing some practice teaching if you have the chance, get that master's degree if that will help your future chances. One thing I would caution you about is not to become over-qualified for the position or your chances of gaining your dream will plummet. Talk to other people with professorships to find out how they obtained their positions and learn from them.

Good luck in your endeavors. Keep us posted, and I hope we see your posts more frequently at BJDG!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: