View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   07.10.09 14:07

Kiki, I am any heart with you and grandmother!
Titi, relax, do not become leader to you, Irina is good advice, lol!
A right time to Bratislava Irina passes!
At present, my life is calm, lol! I began my suitcase for three days in Paris, quickly put Brian's presents also, lol (I have a mission on behalf of the members of the official forum it is to give him their present))... I have a feeling that I am going to run after him as last year, lol! ange l!
Kiki ,je suis tout coeur avec toi et grand-mère !
Titi , détends-toi , ne te prend pas la tête , Irina est de bons conseils ,lol!
Passe un bon moment à Bratislava Irina !
En ce moment ,ma vie est calme , lol !J'ai commencé ma valise pour les trois jours à Paris ,mit vite les cadeaux de Brian également ,lol (j'ai une mission de la part des membres du forum officiel c'est de lui donner leur cadeau )) ... Je sens que je vais courir après lui comme l'année dernière ,lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   07.10.09 21:42

@Kiki: Sorry to hear that! God bless all your family to go through this.

Welcome back, Nicole!

@Titi: hugs Yes! Work can be so stressfull. Hope you will be able to rest a little and have fun Smile
@Irina: Hope everything will work good in the end and you'll have a great time in Bratislava!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   08.10.09 7:08

@ kiki - I'm sorry for your grandmother. Be strong Smile

@ Titi - I hope that stress will be lower and lower.

@ Irina and Titi have a great meeting Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   08.10.09 17:16

Im just feeling so happy right now that I wanted to share it with you. I feel inspired, delightful, Im having fun at work and finally I dont feel so stressed. This is just great. :crazy: :super: :danseurs:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   09.10.09 11:35

Thanks Gis, Adelina, and Katherine. Grandma is still hanging in there for now.

Titi, I'm so glad that things are going well at work! hugs youpi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   09.10.09 12:34

irina_something wrote:
Nicole90 wrote:
Hello ladies! I have come back from England and I had a great time there.
At the weekend when I have much time I'll upload my best photos but now I have to learn a lot.

i'm looking forward to seeing your photos nicole !!! where exactly in england where you?

I have been to London, Brighton, Canterbury, Avebury, Hever etc. We have visited several paces such as Stonhenge, Arsenal Stadium or Seven Sisters Rocks. I enjoyed it very much but the journey was extremely tiring 'cause we travelled by coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   09.10.09 13:27

@ Tit - great to hear it Very Happy

@ Nicol - WOW, This must have been a great journey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   09.10.09 13:34

Titanilla wrote:
Im just feeling so happy right now that I wanted to share it with you. I feel inspired, delightful, Im having fun at work and finally I dont feel so stressed. This is just great. :crazy: :super: :danseurs:

Hang onto those feelings!!!.....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   09.10.09 13:52

@Kiki: Sorry for your grandma...

@Titi: I knew the day would come finally!! "Enjoy yourself", your job, your inspiration, everything which makes you smile and feel good!

@Nicole: Welcome back! Your trip sounds amazing, glad to hear you´ve seen so many wonderful places Very Happy

@Irina: Enjoy my capital city!! And Titi´s company

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   11.10.09 17:56

Ladies, I just want to let you know that I had such a great time with Irina here! We went for a drink on Friday evening and we had a lunch on Saturday. We were laughing so much!!!

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

I hope Irina and Bogdan enjoyed Bratislava as much as I enjoyed their company!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   12.10.09 8:24

Titanilla wrote:
Ladies, I just want to let you know that I had such a great time with Irina here! We went for a drink on Friday evening and we had a lunch on Saturday. We were laughing so much!!!

I hope Irina and Bogdan enjoyed Bratislava as much as I enjoyed their company!!!!

Great to hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   12.10.09 18:55

Great to hear you had such fun with Irina, Titi Very Happy Good for you all !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   12.10.09 22:07

Nicole90 wrote:

I have been to London, Brighton, Canterbury, Avebury, Hever etc. We have visited several paces such as Stonhenge, Arsenal Stadium or Seven Sisters Rocks. I enjoyed it very much but the journey was extremely tiring 'cause we travelled by coach.

that's so interesting !!!!!

yes, titi and i had such a fun time !!! the weather was not really on our side. it rained and it was kind of cold. i did get like an impression of Bratislava but because of the weather i did not get to visit like i would have wanted .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   14.10.09 7:09

I need to wrie that last Thursday in Poland was so hot, but today snow began to fall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   14.10.09 13:47

mba83 wrote:
I need to wrie that last Thursday in Poland was so hot, but today snow began to fall

In Warsaw it's even worst, it's not only snowing, but also raining at the same time and there's a terrible, cold wind. When I come back home my all my clothes, including socks were totally wet. The weather is just awful, but I've just read at the seaside the situation is much more serious. The worst thing is that this is not going to change in next two days...

I hope that all of you, who're going to Paris will enjoy nice weather sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   15.10.09 8:09

[quote] I hope that all of you, who're going to Paris will enjoy nice weather [/quote]
I hope it too:)

and Brrr Sonia, reading about weather

Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   15.10.09 21:35

Hey girls, just wanted to say that my grandmother passed away yesterday. Although I'm sad she's gone, I'm very glad that she isn't in pain anymore.

As for the weather, oh my goodness! In some parts of Connecticut, it was snowing today. I personally didn't see any snow, but I guess it snowed in northern and central CT. Weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 0:24

Kiki....Please accept my deepest condolences on the death of your grandmother. kisses You can take comfort in knowing she will no longer suffer and will rest for eternity in the arms of a loving God.

Speaking of the weather (I really think I'd rather not, LOL), it's unseasonable cold in Ohio...about 20 degrees below what it should be this time of year. Worse, yet, they are predicting snow flurries for Saturday. Booo. Hissss. How is it fair to have snow--anything--before the first hard freeze and the Indian summer which follows it? LOL The wooly bear caterpillars in my section of the US are predicting a harsh winter with a fairly long period of milder temperatures and, then, another harsh blast at the end of winter.

I'm curious....do the cultures in other coutries have established signs in nature which "predict" what the winter will be like? I would imagine that they do, but it's just that I've never heard of any and I'm curious to know what they are.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 2:23

Thank you Mary kisses I do take great comfort knowing that she isn't suffering anymore. She hasn't been well for a long time and was in a lot of pain. She's at peace now.

The local news in CT has been going crazy about the snow today...because there isn't anything else going on. :lach:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 7:17

I'm sorry for your lost Kiki Sad hugs be strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 12:31

Kiki wrote:
Quote :
The local news in CT has been going crazy about the snow today...because there isn't anything else going on.

That may be a good thing, LOL. So...is it just flurries or is there measurable snow?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 14:00

Sorry for your loss Kiki.....

While everyone else seems to be having terrible weather, ours here in N. Ireland is currently rather good - sunny, dry & mild! (doubtless it soon will be wet, windY & cold!!)

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   16.10.09 14:46

kiki, i know words are never enough what it comes to this kind of losses but i am so sorry for your grandmother !!!

on happier topics, the weather here is a bit better now !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.10.09 2:49

Ladies, it's been a truly sucky day for me, despite Brian's SP. There must be something in the air, LOL. Earlier this afternoon I had to take one of my outside cats to the vet's office on an emergency basis. The cat, Hank the Tank, was involved in some sort of accident about one week ago and was missing for two and a half days. Literally, I thought he was dead and I was mourning his loss when he showed up one evening earlier this week when I was feeding the other outside cats . He was quite obviously seriously injured and was uncharacteristically untrustful towards me. He was extremely wary and wouldn't let me approach him nor pet him. The top of his tail, where it joins to his spine, was swollen and bloody. When I tried to get him to hold still so I could examine it he growled, backed off the porch and ran toward the cornfield next to my house. We had torrential rains that night (approximately 2 to 3 inches which is a lot for my area at this time of year). Hank was out in all of that. No

I am not completely sure where he stayed to get in out of the rain but there are several places he could have gone. In any case, he showed up at the evening feeding sesssion 2 days later, and it was obvious he was still in major distress but he was as hungry as a starved horse. He ate 4 cans of cat food and, when I tried to pet him, he ran off the porch again. Each day he would come back for the morning and evening feeding sessions and each time I would try to pet him which he began to allow. I couldn't take the chance of picking him up and getting my hands or arms to get bitten. I have my own medical problems that I deal with on a daily basis, and getting a cat bite would likely put me in the hospital. I've been bitten several times before, in past years, and each time it's happened the situation has caused me to be hospitalized for 1 to 2 days. Two days ago he, finally, consented to let me pet him from 6-7 minutes but when I moved to try to pick him up he fled again. I thought that as long as he was wolfing down cat food he'd be alright but I still wanted to have him checked over by my vet.

This morning he appeared, again, at the morning cat feeding session and I was, finally, able to reach over and pick him up without any objections from him. After taking him inside the house, I placed him in a room isolated from the rest of the house (he's never met any of the inside cats and I didn't want a major-class cat war to outbreak, LOL); Hank had enough problems as it was. I got one of the travel crates and placed him inside it and took him to the vet's office; I had called them just prior to leaving the house to let them know what the situation was and that I was bringing him over. The drive only took 15 minutes and Hank sat in the crate and howled the entire way over there. That was really normal behavior for him.

The regular vet wasn't in today and a substitue vet examined Hank and determined that his tail was so badly damaged that it was completely useless and would need to be amputated. The vet, also, decided to do the surgery immediately. So, I went out on shopping errands (to restock my dwindling cat food supplies, lol), and on the way home I got a call on my cell phone--a voice mail from the vet to call him as soon as possible. I had an odd feeling that what he would tell me wasn't good, and it wasn't. The surgery, itself, went off well but after the vet had finished sewing up the tiny stub of tail that was left, the vet tech, who was assisting, noticed that Hank wasn't breathing. Shocked The vet tried everything, including heart massage to get his heart restarted. Hank was too far gone to rescusitate and he died on the operating table. :enpleure: :enpleure: :enpleure:

Too say I was in a state of shock would have been a gross understatement. I was quite literally, stunned! I've been taking cats to the vet for 40 plus years, many of them had surgical procedures, but I've never had this happen before. The vet who owns the hospital called me this evening to express his condolences and we discussed what may have occured to cause the cat's death. We also tried to surmise what had caused the original injury but didn't come to any realy conclusions, other than Hank's tail became trapped by something and, since his natural reaction would have been to pull away violently to extricate his tail, we decided that in the process the underside of the tail was sliced open and became infected, and the rest is history.

If you would, and it doesn't interfere with your religious beliefs, could you say a prayer or two for Hank the Tank. I'd surely appreciate it.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.10.09 8:31

Oh Marry what a sad story. I can image what you are feeling. I love cats very much and supplementary feed all around my house. ( Once I got a gift from one cat - It was a mouse LOL)
Take care Marry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: