Everything else - part 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.10.09 13:18

I'm sorry you have lost one of your beloved cats Mary, I can understand how upset you are - pets have always been an integeral part of my family too!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.10.09 17:16

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. One of the cats next door to me had a tail-injury (from a person swinging her from her tail) and died from it as well. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   17.10.09 18:59

Thanks for all the condolences on Hank's death. I do appreciate it. hugs When the vet, who owns the facility, called me yesterday evening one of the things we discussed was possible complications that may have been a factor in the cat's demise. One of those was septicemia which is what happens when a raging infection in the tissues somehow gets into the blood stream and circulates throughout the body. Septicemia has been known to cause damage to the heart muscle and such an incident would certainly have been enough to kill a significant portion of Hank's heart muscle. This is very likely what occured and, with the additional stress of surgery, his heart couldn't stand up under the stress and shut down.

When Hank was a kitten (he was only 1.5 years old) I suspected that he might have issues with his heart because I noticed that when all the kittens were romping and playing hard together, Hank would tire out the fastest and sit on the sidelines, watching the others continue to cavort. So....there may have been more heart issues with the cat then what was immediately apparent. At the time I never followed up on my suspicions, and took him in to the vet's, because I couldn't afford the vet bill. When it comes down to whether you should be able to put food on the table for yourself and to buy cat food for all the cats, taking cats to the vet to track down suspicions gets put last on the list of things to do. No

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   18.10.09 9:00

@ Iza get well very soon!!!! I hope your arm will be better, and the robber who attacked you once to bear the punishment!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   19.10.09 21:03

Kiki, I´m really sorry for your grandmother, but yes, she´s not in pain anymore, so God bless her and you and your family as well...
Mary, sorry for Hank too, be strong ....

Talking about weather, it was really cold in Paris, but that couldn´t spoil the great spirit of the event and the BJDG bunch Razz
It´s cold even here in Slovakia brrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   20.10.09 21:43

@Kiki and Mary: Sorry for your lost! hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   21.10.09 12:53

Hello Very Happy I've uploaded the vid of Disny land. I hope you enjoy it Very Happy
"Its a small world"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KpHZYTjNs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   21.10.09 13:09

Saori heheh it' s so lovely clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eva
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   23.10.09 9:26

Girls,let me say sorry for not posting since being back from Paris,its just that its first week of Uni,which meant a lot of running around for arranging the schedule and stuff!!Will make up for it today!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   23.10.09 12:22

hehe.. Thanks a lot for warm word, Katherine Razz it was really nice place !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   23.10.09 15:10

@Saori-sama: ありがとう! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 3:53

Kiki, I'm very sorry for your loss... I would say the same as Mary did... Take care!

Mary, I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. You must be very sad... Crying or Very sad But, it sounds like he had a good life on this earth, if he had such a nice lady like yourself looking out for him and caring for him. hugs

Ladies, my friends and I are again working on our Christmas skating show for this year. Ange2 I am more excited than anything! I hope that everything comes together and that it will all go smoothly! Manga94

Also I found out that one club show's theme will be Colors... I am thinking of skating to Coldplay's "Yellow," or perhaps Jem's version. What do you think? sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 5:48

I'm happy for u Heidi!
Hope you'll have a great time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 8:27

What a super news Heidi. I'm glad that you have so intresting opportunity Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 9:00

Great news, Heidi!!! Im sure you will enjoy the show!

Ladies, I had such an unpleasant experience yesterday. I visited a friend and then I went to my place by the last bus at night. An older (about 60 years old) man sat next to me in the bus. Oh well, I thought its okay. He told me his name and asked mine, and I still didnt think he might be kinda weird, I just thought he longs for some conversation. So I told him my name was Titi. He asked what Im studying and I answered Ive already finished university, he asked what I studied and I answered that journalism. He asked what I do at work and I said I write. He asked what I write about and I said sports. He said football is boring and I said I dont think so.
Then he told me I should go with him "to the countryside" and I would realize there are better things in the world then boring football. Somehow I started not to like this conversation. I got a bit scared realizing this is the last bus and the city is already so empty and abandoned. This guy looked like some murderer from an old GDR TV-series... Then he asked at which stop Im gonna get off and I got really confused what to say. In the end I said a frequented stop (three stops earlier than the real one), and he answered he gets off one stop sooner, so I felt a bit relieved. He wanted my phone-number or e-mail: I asked if he thinks Im silly... Then he said he will give me his phone-number, I said he can, but I will never call him. Then he asked when we meet each other again and I said I hope never. He said: "Never say never." I said people can never know, but one meeting was really enough with him. Then he told me he is sure we meet again and that I wont be married, so he is willing to "take me to the countryside". I said, who knows if I get married or not.... He said that he is sure that nobody would marry me and I answered that doesnt mean I want to meet him again.
Then he finally got off with a really scary smile and probably for the first time in my life I was really afraid and shaken by this experience.

I didnt really know how to act in this situation, probably I shouldnt have answered his questions but somehow I always think acting friendly but confident is the best way to handle such situations...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 9:48

Heidy it's a really nice idea a Christmas skating show, i hope there will be on tv some too Laughing
as for the music i like both Coldpay and Jem...you should try both, and then decide

Titi, ouch, it's a really scary experience, recently i've had one too. but not that bad. this guy only said a few words too me, but i didn't like the way he looked.anyway i say that you should kinda learn from this, that you can never trust any stranger, and if you cannot avoid them, the least you can do is lie, or call for help. i have no better advice Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 12:44

Saori, I love your "Small World" video. As a huge Disney fan, I definitely loved it. Smile

Thanks girls for your condolences. hugs

Titi, what a scary experience! You can definitely learn from this. As Emi said, don't trust strangers. I never speak to anyone, even if they try to start a conversation with me, if I don't know them.

Heidi, how exciting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 13:07

Titi - what a freaky guy... Shocked When I used to travel by bus, I always sat at the front, where I could see the driver & also either beside or near another woman & on the outside of the empty seat, away from the window - so nobody could just sit in beside me. I know it will probably go againist your friendly nature but I agree with what Kiki said, don't strike up a conversation with stange men (you don''t know how "strange" they really are!) - be listening to your headphones...or reading your book...or talking/texting on your phone....or whatever!! I'm glad you are unhurt! pale

Sounds like your skating show will be fun again this year Heidi!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 13:12

Lovely video! Thanks Saori! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 15:42

Titi.....That wasn't simply a "frightening experience," that was a potentially dangerous experience! This old creep knows more about you, now, than you're aware. He knows you travel on the bus, at night, alone. He knows (through his questions and your responses) that you were unhinged by him. Had you told the old fart to "buzz off" (or similar wording) he would have deduced you had no qualms in defending yourself. Instead he picked up the vibe that you were scared. I wouldn't be, at all surprised, if you run into this creep again. He may target you. If you think you can trust the police in your city, go to them and ask their advice about how to handle this, and similar situations, in the future.

I would strongly suggest that you enroll in a self-defense class or, at least, a taekwondo or a judo class desiged for personal protection to learn procedures to defend yourself from unexpected attacks. I don't want to scare you, needlessly, but--take this guy as a serious threat and take actions, now, to protect yourself. If at all possible, do not ride that late bus alone. See if you can get a friend, preferably male, who lives nearby to accompany you if you must take that late bus. Very often a male companion is enough to dissuage these dirt bags from hounding you. Also, if it becomes necessary a male companion can rough the guy up to encourage him to find an easier victim. Please be aware that these creeps do not have your best interests in mind. The only things they are thinking about are what they can do to you and how they will enjoy what they are doing to you. None of it is anything you would enjoy; in fact it will terrify you to the nth degree. Do everything you can not to end up as a statistic in your community. Learn how to protect yourself against people with dangerous motives.

Never, never give out any information to one of these low lifes. Don't tell them your name, don't answer their questions, don't get steered into an argument over anything with them, don't sit next to a window on the bus. If this jerk comes anywhere near you again, SCREAM, as loudly as you can. Attract as much attention as you can. It's the last thing this guy wants to happen. If you find yourself on a bus with him, again, get up and move to the front of the bus or, if necessary get off at the next stop and go into any store which is open. Get among other people. That old saying that there is saftey in numbers is so very true in this instance. BTW, that seemingly simple, mildly agressive, bantering back and forth about football "told" this dude a lot about how you handle difficult situations---whether you're a fighter or whether you can be cowed easily. He picked up that you were scared and he'll use it against you the next time.

When I was your age I took a taekwondo course especially designed for self-protection. To say it was invaluable would have been an understatement. I learned a lot, LOL, about an opponent's vulnerable spots on his or her body. I learned how to attack without getting myself injured in the process. There should be judo classes in your city, somewhere. These, also, are good sources for self-defense classes. Personally, having taken both kinds of training, I prefer taekwondo because it does a better job of targeting specific body parts on your opponent.

Look at this creep as a serious threat, Titi, and stay safe!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   27.10.09 21:23

titi, that was way creepy !!!! i don't think the guy actually thinks he will see you again, i think he's a f*cked up guy who takes pleasure from making people be afraid. i am glad you are ok now.

(edited to alter the "starred" word, lol, and make it less of an obscenity. Mary C.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   28.10.09 3:07

Yikes, that guy sounds so creepy, Titi! Be careful and take care!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   28.10.09 9:06

Titi, what a scary experience! I'm agree with what girls said... so for make you cheer up I will say that maybe that man have a sclerosis and forgot about you pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   29.10.09 14:41

affraid Your experience is very scary, Titi! Hope u won't meet him again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   02.11.09 18:39

Girls, I think it´s time for Titi to move on. We discussed this thing and I think whatever situation may come in the future she will handle it the best possible way, she´s learnt her lesson, I trust her

On a more positive note, on Wednesday, I went to see MJ´s THIS IS IT.......I´m still failing in finding the right words to describe my emotions, since this was the most beautiful film I have ever seen. There is no way to talk about it, you just have to see it for yourself if you want to judge, but I just tell you that during the showing, people even forgot to eat their popcorn, stopped talking during the film, as they usually do, after most of the scenes during fade outs you could have heard a PIN DROP (especially during a after Earth Song which is just too amazing, beautiful, tragic and breathtaking at the same time)....
It is Crazy how for almost two hours, a film can make you believe that someone who´s not around anymore in reality IS here, and when the film is over, you fall into the TRUE REALITY again and feel like run down by a truck......
To be short, This Is It is a joy to watch and listen to (Michael is just at the TOP of his singing and dancing here, not even singing fully the whole time and yet) and at the same time, as some critic described , it is "a gift to the world", something to open our eyes about what the world is like and what it SHOULD and COULD be if we just decided to see and do something about it.

Last edited by 6marinka on 03.11.09 7:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 11   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: