Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 18:18

Queeni wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/woly/Figure_Skating/18224994#woly/Figure_Skating/18224546

Thank you for that I'm happy that E. Stojko see it like that Very Happy

But what Ch grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr an is saying about his failure?? tire la langue
One good point on the Olymipc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 19:27

sunny

I get your point and it's fair that we all have our opinion but imho, even if we forget about the quad seeing as it now doesn't count as much with the new system, and even if we look at presentation/artistry and we look at the program as a whole, I really don't see how Lysacek's free was better than Plushenko's. Where's the great presentation and transitions they tell us about? His free was Sheherazade, I saw no reference to Sheherazade (based on Arabian Nights) in that program aside from the snake on his costume and a few hand positions. Same goes for the short, Fire Bird, I didn't see much except the feathers on his outfit.
When I look at Plushenko's Tango, well, I see a Tango dancer, with the right moves, the OTT bits that are part of tango, the looks, the expressions, the spirit is there, he tells me a story and I like it. And actually I'm no Plush fan, I just think it's fair for him to be rewarded when he does well.
But if we want to judge men's skating on presentation above anything else then Lambiel is the best of them all and in this case should have been awarded at least a medal, instead he got nothing.

But what suprises me the most actually is that only a month ago at Euros the judging was entirely different, and it only took a trip across the ocean for it to change drastically.
Has anybody else felt the same?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 19:54

Wahahaah, guys, look at this - Intro page on Plushy's homepage lol! Click to enlarge the pic:

Platinum of Vancouver lach
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
mit
Untouchable

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:06

buhahahahahahhahah lach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:18

LOL. They have sense of humour!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:18

lol! Krista !

Gislaine

Last edited by MAMOUNA38 on 20.02.10 20:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:28

Thanks for the link, Gis!

Brian is very harsh to himself. I hope he will find the right behaviour he needs. All my admiration to him that he skated that long program in a way he did it - I can imagine he just wanted to have it all over. It must have been really difficult.

Well, maybe this experience will help him to grow in a man he wants to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:34

Ladies, the tchat is open for who wants to share some thoughts about Brian and others skaters. Join with us and have more fun.

schiele
Untouchable

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 20:34

durlindana wrote:
sunny
But what suprises me the most actually is that only a month ago at Euros the judging was entirely different, and it only took a trip across the ocean for it to change drastically.
Has anybody else felt the same?
I totally feel the same. I did not for one second thought those emails were exposed coincidentally. In fact I have rarely seen such a blatant tainting campaign to make sure when the time came to pull the ropes, there will be little questions asked. I found suspicious that there was such a conviction among some skaters that a quad is not needed to win. Cinquanta's statements about Plushenko before even the LP took place just made it very clear to me. There is no question in my mind this was all very well played.
As to the earlier discussion, unfortunately I do not see Evan's artistry in any way superior either. He definetely has better spins but there is no choreography (pls stop selling me transitions as choreo) absolutely no connection to the music or any dance quality. An incredibly iffy 3A (the second one crying for a downgrade over excess prerotation) is really enough to counteract the fact that Plushenko had some shaky landings. Therefore, I see nothing that justifies this gold.
And yes, this is not about Evan, a great competitor and worth of admiration for his nerves, this is about the system, the manipulation, the message being sent out. Conform or do not bother to perform! Under these circumstances, what can an 'original' Brian Joubert achieve? A falling on his face one triple axel programme is awarded over 160!!! A clean skater with a moving programme only manages to finish 6th.. What is here to argue?
cravey wrote:
Wahahaah, guys, look at this - Intro page on Plushy's homepage lol! Click to enlarge the pic:

That is a fantastic way to protest! Hats off to Plushenko! Protest with a sense of humour!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
li
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 21:38

cravey wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

I never thought, that I would say that, but Evgeni just made my day clap I showed it to my dad and he laughed too. He also said that Plush is not as pretty as other skaters I usually show him... Wink but that's just my dad. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny214
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 21:47

durlindana wrote:
sunny

When I look at Plushenko's Tango, well, I see a Tango dancer, with the right moves, the OTT bits that are part of tango, the looks, the expressions, the spirit is there, he tells me a story and I like it. And actually I'm no Plush fan, I just think it's fair for him to be rewarded when he does well.

But if we want to judge men's skating on presentation above anything else then Lambiel is the best of them all and in this case should have been awarded at least a medal, instead he got nothing.

I don´t see much of an Tango dancer in him. He has a nice hip swing and some nice move but most of the time I didn´t see much energy or joy in his skating. When he skated that programm at the Euros I found it quiet impressive and if he had skated that way in Olympics I wouldn´t have said that he shouldn´t win. But his lack of energy (hysterical arm moves aren´t choreography) and his shaky landings changed my mind.

I admit that I am a fan of Stephane although and I love his new programm. But I think that it was ok that he didn´t get an medal. All of his landings were shaky, too, and he was missing some of the magic he usually archives with his skatings. He was to focused on the elements. And Takashi was really great in the programm components and the technic elements.
I would have love to see him win the gold medal but at least win silver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 22:25

cravey wrote:

priceless! I love it! totally kickass! Inclassable37 lol! go for it Plush!
Back to top Go down
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 22:30

Well, maybe from Plushy's "activity" they will go over the judging system, and maybe change something, although I doubt it Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 23:03

Ahahahaaa lach Great humor Plush!! Thumbs up! clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   20.02.10 23:19

lol! Thanks Krista!

AnnaluvsAlexei

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 4:30

Anastasia wrote:
LOL actually that blond guy is *cough cough* MAXIM STAVIYSKIY - world champion in dances 2007 in pair with Albena Denkova.I guess there'll be another question,what is he doing there with Brian?lol Ok,so he is actually Brian's choreographer during this Olympic season.

Ah ok, thanks for answering my question. I don't follow ice dancing, I don't know why, but I just don't find it very enjoyable. But after looking at more pictures of Maxim, I think I do remember seeing him before because one of the skating outfits of his looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 10:42

I don't think the link's been posted before, if so, apologies.

Tatiana Tarasova qualifies the high evaluation of Lysacek's program components "hooliganism":

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/02/russian-officials-plushenko-deserved-the-gold.html
Back to top Go down
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 11:13

durlindana wrote:
I don't think the link's been posted before, if so, apologies.

Tatiana Tarasova qualifies the high evaluation of Lysacek's program components "hooliganism":

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/02/russian-officials-plushenko-deserved-the-gold.html

Thank you!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 11:25

http://ow.ly/19uD4

Plush wants to skate in Sochi ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 11:55

If Plushenkos presence will help to turn back figure skating into athletics instead of "art", then Im not against it. I never thought there would be a case when I would be on Plushenkos side...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny214
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 13:42

Quote :
Plushenko: My spin is not bad, my steps are not bad, my performance here was much better than in the European Championships, I had transitions, I had more choreography."

Not bad sounds like not good either.
I am always for the complete skater more then the jumper.
Stephane Lambiel has better spins then everyone
Brian Joubert mostly has great step sequences.
Plushy has the best jumps - most of the time.

If you look at it closely everyone has thing where he is better and where he is weaker.

Only because Plushy has his weakness besides the jumps he is telling everyone that the jumps need to be the main focus.

I am more then happy that the art won over the technics this time. While will always remember the whole programm more then who jumped what. For example: I still remember what Yaguding skated at the Olympics 2002 (The man in the iron mask) or what Candelore skated (DÁrtagnan) but I couldn´t tell you what Programm Plushi had.

And I can only repeat myself that I think that Daisuke should have a better place for his perfect combination on both parts.

I wish that Yagudin would be able to skate at Olympics then we wouldn´t have this discussion because he would have won with great jumps and a powerful programm. And Plushi couldn´t whine all the time that the Winner isn´t worth it....smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 14:23

I don't agree with art winning over technical in men's skating but can understand some may have a different view, however, the problem here is that there was absolutely no art whatsoever in the gold medallist's performance, like there was no reference nor link to the music he skated to, it was cold, boring and without any emotion to it at all. Hence the comments stating that we see no justification of this gold at all.
Plushenko had better technics regardless of the shaky landings (even though it obviously doesn't count anymore lol) and also better choreography and interpretation which didn't limit itself to windmill arm movements if one bothers to watch his feet every once in a while.

So this new system favours art over technical elements? fine, but let's have an artist please, because in this case Weir and Lambiel, and a few others too should have medalled over Lysacek.

Do not worry, if this ridiculous new judging system has its way then in a few years time men will only jump doubles this way Yagudin could make a come back in his mid thirties and bury them all, but somehow I don't think he'd be proud to skate a junior level program, lol.

Last edited by durlindana on 21.02.10 14:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 14:26

durlindana wrote:

Do not worry, if this ridiculous new judging system has its way then in a few years time men will only jump doubles this way Yagudin could make a come back in his mid thirties and bury them all, but somehow I don't think he'd be proud to skate a junior level program, lol.

Cool This is the coolest comment of the day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 15:06

lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 15:26

Nastya, LOL!! lach

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   

Back to top Go down

Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: