lach lach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 15:47

I saw this photo and I well have laughs by seeing them and again! Thank you Nastusha!

lach

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 15:59

Titanilla wrote:
durlindana wrote:

Do not worry, if this ridiculous new judging system has its way then in a few years time men will only jump doubles this way Yagudin could make a come back in his mid thirties and bury them all, but somehow I don't think he'd be proud to skate a junior level program, lol.

Cool This is the coolest comment of the day!

Oooh, love it, Titi! And Nastya, that is really funny.

But realy, I don't think Plushy has a leg to stand on. He skated the program pretty much as in Tallinn - some more technical content, a little worse on jump landing, all in all pretty similar and, lo and behold, he got pretty much the same marks.

Lysacek, too - he got around the same PCS marks as he got at GPF (a little lower, actually), but with a clean skate, so a better TES. In hindsight, the writing was on the wall all along, only we refused to see it. We thougt the GPF marks were infalted - they were simply the prelude to the real thing.

But I don't believe that here art won over tech. Lysacek and Plushy were tied (!!) on PCS. It was the tech score taht won Evan the title, and that is what is staggering. He skated the perfect CoP program, milked it for every fraction of a point and rightly won, under the current rules. I cannot remember a single second of his program, save for the impression of long arms in black sleeves flying around. Not a thing. Is that the sort of program we want winning OGM? Nothing against Evan, who really did his job. It's just that I hate what he had to do.

I rooted for Plushy because of everything that went on before the games, but really, the one who should have won was Takahashi - he had everything, the art - he got the highest PCS, attempted 8 riples and a quad, fell on the quad attempt, had a triple DGed - and wham, ended up BEHIND Mr. Transitions, who fell on his 3A... Huh??? I just don't get this system. I mean, I get the math, I am good with math, but do we want an accountant to design the winning program in Sochi?

That said, the Russians should not go on about Plushy being robbed, because it sound sore and is not helping neither Plushy nor men's skating. They should be concentrating on pushing for changes in the code. I'd think they have enough muscle to do something about it, so that Plushy CAN win in Sochi...

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 16:10

lol! Nastya, I already saw it on Russian forum and had a laugh of a day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 16:29

Concerning the art vs tech discussion - what I miss are skaters who tell a story with their programms. I am a huge Yagudin fan, not only because of his jumps but because he was kind of like a story-teller on the ice. For example the Gladiator and the Man-in-the-Iron-Mask programm - it was like with every move in it he was telling a part of the whole story, like everything fittet the music perfectly. Even the jumps.
This is why I don't like Lysacek's way of skating - people can tell me what the want about him beeing the one who had the most artful or esthetic programm, because I just can't find any artistry in it like I always could in Lyoshas programms. ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 17:05

OMG Nastya!! lach That's really the laugh of the day!

Queeni wrote:
Concerning the art vs tech discussion - what I miss are skaters who tell a story with their programms. I am a huge Yagudin fan, not only because of his jumps but because he was kind of like a story-teller on the ice. For example the Gladiator and the Man-in-the-Iron-Mask programm - it was like with every move in it he was telling a part of the whole story, like everything fittet the music perfectly. Even the jumps.
This is why I don't like Lysacek's way of skating - people can tell me what the want about him beeing the one who had the most artful or esthetic programm, because I just can't find any artistry in it like I always could in Lyoshas programms. ...
ITA and couldn't have said it better. That's exactly how I feel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catkeeper
Untouchable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 17:27

I have to say I still think Evan had the bette overall performance than Plushenko.

But it really bothers me that Evan won on the technical mark. He should have won with the artistic mark. Yet they both had 82.80 in components. Joe Inman scolded everybody about making the transition marks too high, so the judges pumped Evan up through GOE bonus points as well as higher base points on his elements. For the sake of space I'll give just one example: the triple Lutz.

Evan: 6.60 Base + 1.40 GOE = 8.00
Plushy: 6.00 Base + 6.00 + 0.60 GOE = 6.60

Allegedly Evan has all these "transitions" going into the jumps that make them harder.If so, he should have a higher transitions score. Who sets the base mark?

It looks to me like the base marks are getting corrupted to push up the politically favored skaters like Evan and Patrick Chan. Artistry should be in the component score, not the technical score. This is also being used to hold down skaters who aren't favored, like Johnny Weir. If the judges really think that Evan and Plushy were egual in their components, then Plushenko should have won it. His elements were more difficult.

I can't believe I said that. It gives me a headache to think of Plushenko as a victim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 18:06

lol! Nastya! It took me a few seconds to realise that it was Evan who took the medal....

Quote :
Queeni wrote:

That's true Queeni, that's also the reason why I didn't understand Evan's program! European and far east guys normaly have a story behind there program! Even there costumes match!

schiele
Untouchable

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   21.02.10 20:47

Catkeeper wrote:
I have to say I still think Evan had the bette overall performance than Plushenko.

But it really bothers me that Evan won on the technical mark. He should have won with the artistic mark. Yet they both had 82.80 in components. Joe Inman scolded everybody about making the transition marks too high, so the judges pumped Evan up through GOE bonus points as well as higher base points on his elements. For the sake of space I'll give just one example: the triple Lutz.

Allegedly Evan has all these "transitions" going into the jumps that make them harder.If so, he should have a higher transitions score. Who sets the base mark?

It looks to me like the base marks are getting corrupted to push up the politically favored skaters like Evan and Patrick Chan. Artistry should be in the component score, not the technical score. This is also being used to hold down skaters who aren't favored, like Johnny Weir. If the judges really think that Evan and Plushy were egual in their components, then Plushenko should have won it. His elements were more difficult.

I can't believe I said that. It gives me a headache to think of Plushenko as a victim.

Ditto Catkeeper! This is how the favouritsm is now realized. Since PCS is too out there, the 'fine-tuning' for the favourites is done thru the GOEs. This is the plain logic behind it. It's the same with Chan. I think the fact that his programme scored over 160 and placed above Taka and Weir is the biggest shame of the whole olympics so far. It is the preview for the world gold medal that will be granted to him shortly (should he continue to skate and I see why not). Just wait and see..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   22.02.10 0:16

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   22.02.10 5:33

A little late but I wanna say something too about this olympics! Razz
I didn't liked at all the results!
First after the sp I couldn't believe how bad Brian and Tomas skate! It was like the worst nightmare!
I was glad that Daisuke skated so good! He was amazing at the artistic part! I hoped he and Stephane will do much better at the lp!
Than I was like: WTH! Why Evan was better than Daisuke!!! okay is not a big difference maybe at the lp Daisuke will be over Evan.
The lp started with a dissapointing Tomas and Brian wasn't too much better. Stephane skated but he didn't skated with the same passion as he did in Tallin:( Daisuke fall on the quad!Why he tried to jump...he saw Evan, he gain many points without the quad. All my hopes were lost! None of my fav on the first 2 places. And Evan took the gold! WHY! I'm not a fan of Plushenko but I could accepted he like a champion bcuz he has the quad!
Evan what has? Oki he skated clean, more clean than everybody. but except that he had lots of triples I didn't saw any artistic interpretation at him(I'm amazed how he got that score)!

Well something good in all this? story?
Daisuke and his bronze medal! He had the best score at the artistic part! That made me happy!
But I remain with a question: If he didn't fall?....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   22.02.10 10:18

schiele wrote:
Catkeeper wrote:

Ditto Catkeeper! This is how the favouritsm is now realized. Since PCS is too out there, the 'fine-tuning' for the favourites is done thru the GOEs. This is the plain logic behind it. It's the same with Chan. I think the fact that his programme scored over 160 and placed above Taka and Weir is the biggest shame of the whole olympics so far. It is the preview for the world gold medal that will be granted to him shortly (should he continue to skate and I see why not). Just wait and see..

Thank Catkeeper! I'm not so good always at understanding the details of the scores, but I always had the idea that there was definitely favouritism! Now we have proof! So, I agree with Lonnie and Catkeeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   22.02.10 10:38

Quote :

affraid ----- sotr_th43 ----- Evil or Very Mad

sunny214
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   22.02.10 21:44

Quote :
from Queeni: Concerning the art vs tech discussion - what I miss are skaters who tell a story with their programms. I am a huge Yagudin fan, not only because of his jumps but because he was kind of like a story-teller on the ice. For example the Gladiator and the Man-in-the-Iron-Mask programm - it was like with every move in it he was telling a part of the whole story, like everything fittet the music perfectly. Even the jumps.

I couldn´t agree more with you. I am a huge Yaguin fan, too. And he was indeed a great storyteller on the ice. Just like my other favorit Candeloro. He wasn´t the biggest jumper and most of his points he made with his artistics elements and his overall programm.

And I agree with Adelina that Daisuke had the best programm artisticly. I was glad too that he got the biggest scores in that department. I believe that if he didn´t fall he maybe would have won the gold medal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   23.02.10 11:04

OMG Nastya I fall from my chair when I saw it. And I was scared when Lysacek was appear!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   25.02.10 18:53

Does anyone have seen shirtless Olympians photos? I found this with Evan, Jeremy, Charlie WHite, Ben Agosto but I wished it was with a certain french guy....

http://perezhilton.com/galleries/index.php?pgid=88601&item=2&category_id=newest&category_start=0&category_end=4

Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   25.02.10 19:54

I am going to play the killjoy, avoid "surquoter" , this makes ugly! Thank you in advance!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   26.02.10 9:11

zandor wrote:
Does anyone have seen shirtless Olympians photos? I found this with Evan, Jeremy, Charlie WHite, Ben Agosto but I wished it was with a certain french guy....

http://perezhilton.com/galleries/index.php?pgid=88601&item=2&category_id=newest&category_start=0&category_end=4

Nice.... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   26.02.10 10:39

A bit irelevant with all posts int this topic, but I wanted to tell that; after Brian's SP when he bowed at the audience and the camera was on his face what came on my mind is that Brian has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen but they were sad...so I guess that look made me love him even more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   26.02.10 19:31

Bublijojo wrote:
A bit irelevant with all posts int this topic, but I wanted to tell that; after Brian's SP when he bowed at the audience and the camera was on his face what came on my mind is that Brian has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen but they were sad...so I guess that look made me love him even more

Yes he has, it kind of shocked me during Euros this year. It was the first time that I saw him and during his first round during practice he looked straight at me he was about 2 meters away from me. I even gave Roosje an elbow.

And about the shirtless photo's there are pictures of Brian in a white shirt they were posted two years a go I think... It was a photoshoot in Vancouver the pictures were in the Figure skating magazine!

Sorry for the off post....

Roosje
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   04.03.10 8:29

Nona wrote:
Bublijojo wrote:

Yes he has, it kind of shocked me during Euros this year. It was the first time that I saw him and during his first round during practice he looked straight at me he was about 2 meters away from me. I even gave Roosje an elbow.

And about the shirtless photo's there are pictures of Brian in a white shirt they were posted two years a go I think... It was a photoshoot in Vancouver the pictures were in the Figure skating magazine!

Sorry for the off post....

Yes, you did....the bruice only just healed!...nah, just kidding Laughing .

Well, those shirtless photo's...what can I say...there's even some in which he's wearing even less if you google him, haha! Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ana

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   05.03.10 19:44

Back to top Go down
View user profile
li
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   05.03.10 22:12

Thx for the article ana. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   05.03.10 22:54

thanks ana Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   06.03.10 12:33

Interesting article indeed! Thanx Ana!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)   

Back to top Go down

Vancouver -Mens event (SP&LP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: