Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 10:36

Unbelievable couple Tessa and Scott! They deserved first place after OD! They gave everything on the ice and everything was there, the expressions, the perfect twizzles!! love just loved it!

Quote :
5. F. Faiella/ M. Scali (ITA) - ohh wow. That's the Italian style, I could saw ther everything what was fantastic in Italy. Great style, great performance.

I agree! Molte biene!

Delobel and Schoenfelder were amazing! They are the only couple who start there act at the moment they step on the ice!

Nathalie and Fabian were great too, but the couple who skated before them were so good that Nathalie and Fabian looked a little less amazing. Just a little!

The kerrs always fun to watch, there ending is just spectacular! haha

Meryl and Charlie with the indian folks dance was mesmerizing to watch, specialy the lift somewkere in the middle of the program.

But the canadians nailed the OD!

lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 10:43

Hmmm... fat forwarding one month to Turin - a good chance V/M, D/W won't go to worlds. Dom/Shams and B/A - maybe. Del/Schos - anothr maybe.
Could the world title go to F/S in Italy? I don't follow dance much but they do have some fantastic programs this year.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 12:51

I know I'm about to sound like an obnoxious American, but I prefer Meryl and Charlie over Tessa and Scott. They were both superb last night, and I hope they both do well tonight. Go Meryl and Charlie!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durlindana
Official Translator
Official Translator

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 15:30

I thought Virtue/Moir and Davis/White were just FANTASTIC! now that is art, really I have rarely seen such wonderful OD's.
I do not really understand Dominina/Shabalin's choice for their OD, perhaps a little too eccentric a choice for the olympics, I loved Faiella/Scali and look forward to seeing again their free which is great imo.
I liked Isabelle and Olivier, but in all honesty they didn't look their usual selves, I think the long break didn't help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arlisa-bijoux.com
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 17:43

does anyone know a website with high quality pictures of Tessa&Scott? I mean any, not only from this competition. I'm useless at looking for these and I'd love to have a couple of good quality photos of them Wink thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 17:51

Marta to begin with:

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=tessa+virtue+AND+scott+moir

I think these ones are very cute:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/07c53IC6eh3Mz?q=tessa+virtue+AND+scott+moir
http://www.daylife.com/photo/03DkgH15xqbdo?q=tessa+virtue+AND+scott+moir
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0an9fzFaQaffd?q=tessa+virtue+AND+scott+moir

Found on Google:
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2008/OCTOBER/2.jpg
http://relish.myraklarman.com/images/296.jpg
http://headshots.myraklarman.com/portfolio/portfolio_images/headshot_7010.jpg
http://www.londonsportsdinner.ca/images/Tessascott8.jpg
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/gallery/09fourcont_3_f.jpg
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://cfs11.tistory.com/image/26/tistory/2009/01/17/17/21/4971951d9dfc0
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3207/klarman.jpg

Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 18:15

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 18:17

Titi there is more hihi
http://relish.myraklarman.com/tessa-virtue-scott-moir-h2o

Myra Klarman is a good photographer! hopefuly she will make a photoshoot of Brian someday ange

6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 19:48

Ok, after a few days of non-speaking, I´m ready to do so again Razz Sorry for my absence... hide8up

The ODs were brilliant again, the folk dance is such a wonderful theme and it offers so many possibilities!

1.Tessa & Scott - I´m usually not that big fan of them, but here, they were absolutely fantastic! Honestly, didn´t expect it from them, so a very nice surprise, and the quality and expression of their Flamenco IMO pretty much equals the quality and expression of the Flamenco of Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat from 2002 Olympics Very Happy (though I still prefer M&G more Razz) Well deserved first place Smile

2. Meryl & Charlie - I really like this couple, they have a wonderful soft yet precise skating technique, remind me a lot of Marina & Gwendal. They also have this calm nature, not affected at all, very nice. As for the OD, I liked it a lot! Was something different and they had the right feel for it, well deserved second place Smile

3. Oksana & Maxim - well, I don´t want to sound rude, so just one comment: totally NOT my cup of tea, kind of ridiculing the original dance IMO...

4. Tanith & Ben - nicely skated, but their OD didn´t have that extra special something...if they skated among other Russian-type dances, I wouldn´t even notice.... hide8up

5. Federica & Massimo - love that OD! Especially the first part, gorgeous music and wonderful interpretation of it Smile Very well done!

6. Isabelle & Olivier - L.O.V.Ed it!! These two make every single performance into a little piece of art. I just adore the way they make something special from everything they touch, right FROM THE START even before music starts to play, absolutely wonderful.... Yes, a long time off, but still have that innovation, softness and beautiful skating style, yet power and energy as well. So much fun at this Cancan! Very Happy love Such a shame they can´t get a medal, they deserve it so much for all those years...

Nathalie & Fabien and John&Sinead were great (despite of John messing up the twizzle again LOL), enjoyed them a lot, especially the Kerrs Very Happy

From the rest, I really enjoyed the Japanese couple with their Japanese dance, so lovely with those fans, and also I enjoyed the Beiers Smile
Oh, and I almost forgot the other British couple wth their Irish dance - LOVED IT!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 20:13

6marinka wrote:
From the rest, I really enjoyed the Japanese couple with their Japanese dance, so lovely with those fans, and also I enjoyed the Beiers Smile
Oh, and I almost forgot the other British couple wth their Irish dance - LOVED IT!! Very Happy

YES!! ITA! I forgot to mention them. I didn't watch the Beiers but I totally agree as for the other two pairs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   22.02.10 22:02

O my gosh, what Tessa&Scott and Meryl&Charlie did was just amazing! I'm totally in love with both programmes, skated very smoothly with lot of passion! So emotional performances, I had a feeling I even didn't wink once while watching, so absorbing! I'm still impressed Amour26 as for Dominina&Shabalin I say absolute NO to this couple. Sorry, but just can't stand them, I don't find any pleasure in watching them, for me this aboriginal something is awful. Hope they'll finish off the podium, but the scores show it would be difficult to beat them. I totally agree with our commentators, who very often uderline the fact that they're permanently overscored Rolling Eyes generally, apart from this one, I enjoyed a lot OD during this Olys. The dance of Isa&Olivier was adorable, excellent idea, but unfortunately, as someone mentioned before, lack of practises during this long break was visible. I really wanted them to medal in Vancouver, as they're harmed and robbed four years ago, but now it's pretty obvious they'll finish off the podium Sad I liked Italians, who were underscored in my opinion, also great country progs by Nathalie&Fabien and Kerrs, but as they made mistakes I'd put Khoklova/Novitzky ahead. Anyway, their Russian folk was really nice Wink

6marinka wrote:

Agree! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 5:13

As it was expected Virtue/Moir won the golden medal! Congrats! They deserve it!

1.Virtue/Moir
2.Davis/White
3.Domnina/Shabalin
4.Belbin/Agosto
5.Faiella/Scali
6.Delobel/Schoenfelder
7.Pechalat/Bourzat
8.The Kerr's
9.Khohklova/Novitski
10.The Zaretski's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 10:42

What a night of brilliant skating! Amour26
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 10:49

Is DG angry at Delobel and Schönfelder because they didn't get a medal? How is he reacting now, I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 10:58

Bladette wrote:
Is DG angry at Delobel and Schönfelder because they didn't get a medal? How is he reacting now, I'm curious.

hahaha mean LOL

1. T. Virtue/S.Moir (CAN)
Still I can't amazed what they did. Amazing skate, incredible technique, delighted moves, grace. They brang me to the old classic movies!!!! The music (Symphony no 5 by G. Mahler) wasn't that great till they used it, evetyrhing was perfect match.Everything was breathtaking, piruettess, lifts, stpes... Smile

2. M.Davis/C.White (USA)
Another fantastic team. Phantom of the Opera in their interpretations not resemble that other couples usein it many times. That Interpretation (with larg I) was one of the kind, and sophisticated. What is itresting they had the same coach what Tessa and Scott have;)

3. O. Domnian/ M. Shabalin (RUS)
Better then Tallin, but nt so great to won GOLD what's a pity. But they still have chance in Sochi. I really hope. The man and the woman expressions was well showed and nothing was less understand. The relationships are like they showed it LOL.

4. T. Belbin/ B. Agosto (USA)
Not my favourites, but yesterday I really like their performance. Maybe she shouldn't have such a "small" dress if she used the preyer - Ave Maria!!!

N. Pechalat/ F. Bourzat (FRA)
My beloved couple. Nothing will say only BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO. The clock and the dream girl was so pasionatelly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 13:36

Congratulations Tessa&Scott!! I'm so happy for them! Very Happy Scott was so happpy Very Happy And they both looked so elegant and beautiful in their costumes. And it's great that Meryl and Charlie ended up 2nd, they deserve that. I think the Russians should be lower but ok. Though I like the results I must say that this season's FDs weren't that moving for me. The programs were fine, were lovely but just didn't.. you know move me. I liked the Italians (even better here than at Euros), I liked the POTO, Tessa/Scott were graceful but those that moved me to tears where Kerr's and Isa/Olivier's. Although it was visible that the latter's FD lacked proper preparation it was just beautiful Smile and the beginning before they even started skating - so great Very Happy Kerrs were fabulous even with the messed up twizzles, I loved their FD. And after this night I realised that the two couples whose every performance I loved are actually Sinead & John and Isabelle & Olivier. They are two great couples and I'm gonna miss them so much when they retire Sad I can't imagine Ice Dance without them Sad
Oh, and i have to mention Crone/Poirier - wonderful program, and Penny Coomes/Nick Buckland (the 2nd British pair) - although their technic is not very good they had something that attracted my attention. I wonder what their future's gonna be Smile
I wonder who is going to come to the Worlds. It will be interesting to see who will be the new champion in the major pairs absence Wink

Oh! And of course: Nona and Titi thank you very very much for the links thankyou2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 14:06

Ooohw my stupid videorecorder didn't tape it, I still have to watch it! but reading yor comments and seing the results make me very happy! They must have been wonderful!

b.t.w. is it true that this will be the last season for M.Davis and C.White?

Katri
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 15:42

wow! Tessa&Scott and Meryl&Charlie were just amazing, congratulations to them! I think I smiled their whole program, it was so beautiful clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazymanu
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2451

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   23.02.10 19:07

Congratulations to Tessa and Scott!

I'm happy for Charlie and Meryl too, i met him in Paris and he was sooo nice, a really cute guy!

And my beloved Kerrs did well too, love you John and Sinead Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   01.03.10 7:35

My thoughts on FD (finally, after being away from the internet for a few days):

Tessa & Scott - wonderful, didn´t move me as much as they probably should (according to their presentation score), but they were amazing indeed.Well done to them Smile

Meryl & Charlie - just incredible! I can´t remember anyone skating at such speed as these two can do! Their FD was simply stunning and for me, they got the edge over Tessa & Scott but I´m not gonna argue about the results lol! (I still miss a little more passion in their presentation but oh well, I can´t get everything Very Happy )

Federica & Massimo - a lovely performance, a very nice ending to their long career Smile

Sinead & John - loved them as always Very Happy Despite of John having troubles with a twizzle again Razz But they gave it all as expected, well done!

Oksana & Maxim - well done to Maxim for all the knee-troubles, but on the other hand, didn´t move me at all. They never do in fact, their skating is just not my cup of tea,sorry...

Jana & Sergei - brilliantly skated, but somehow this Firebird FD looks like a dusted off version of The Night on a bald Mountain FD for me Neutral They are excellent skaters, but just don´t reach me that much, if you get me...

Nathalie & Fabien - when I saw their FD at TEB in October, I was mesmerized! I don´t know what happened, but ever since, I miss something in it ... Shame about the last lift, Fabien did so well to avoid a fall, but in general, the FD didn´t impress me that much to be honest hide8up It did as far as the difficulty is concerned, but somehow, the sparkle was missing in it or, I don´t know.... (I do love this couple, but somehow, their OD and FD just didn´t work for me here...)

The couple who absolutely NAILED it for me in the FD was ISABELLE & OLIVIER!!
Boy, what an idea for the FD! I couldn´t imagine what story they were about to bring on the ice using that song but what a story! Just adorable... eros The "little cheeky kids" entrance to the ice, the speaking in between, the music, the expression, the "change" of the costumes, absolutely everything was just mesmerizing Very Happy Honestly, I wouldn´t expect anything less from these two and no matter of the end result, as the Czech commentators on Eurosport said, these two deserve a special medal! Well done to Muriel Zazoui as well, for taking them so far cheers

By the way, when I was watching the replay of the FDs with my mom, she was mostly quiet, but when Isa &Oli finished, she said "Woooooow, well THAT was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Very Happy" with a huge smile on her face Very Happy Indeed, I had a huge smile on my face as well Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)   

Back to top Go down

Vancouver- Ice Dance event (CD, OD, FD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: