Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   24.02.10 22:04

Thanks, Manon!

Unfortunately I don't have access to this year's season on FSvids, yet ... I should start uploading videos Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   25.02.10 8:31

lonnie wrote:
I think this OG have really brought to focus the problems with CoP, especailly the value for the big elements. Add Mao's amazing 3A combo trailing Kim by 4 points to the men's debate, and maybe there will be enough agitation in the ranks to push for a CoP revision.

Look what I noticed: 3Lutz-3Toe combo has the base value of 10 points, and 3Axel-2Toe 9.50. Yu Na got 12 points for her combination, Mao got 10.10. I know that 3Lz-3T is difficult but.... it's the triple axel we're talking about!!! Mao is the only lady who lands it! (btw was she the first one or sb did that before her? I don't know the story) I think that again the 3A is not appreciated enough. It's not fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   25.02.10 8:42

Mao was the first to land 3A in combination at the Olys. Midori Ito already landed 3A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   25.02.10 9:21

humming bird wrote:
lonnie wrote:
I think this OG have really brought to focus the problems with CoP, especailly the value for the big elements. Add Mao's amazing 3A combo trailing Kim by 4 points to the men's debate, and maybe there will be enough agitation in the ranks to push for a CoP revision.

Look what I noticed: 3Lutz-3Toe combo has the base value of 10 points, and 3Axel-2Toe 9.50. Yu Na got 12 points for her combination, Mao got 10.10. I know that 3Lz-3T is difficult but.... it's the triple axel we're talking about!!! Mao is the only lady who lands it! (btw was she the first one or sb did that before her? I don't know the story) I think that again the 3A is not appreciated enough. It's not fair.

yeah quess you are right gils, this is starting to get really weird!

Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   25.02.10 9:29

Ladies starting order LP

1 Turkey KARADEMIR Tugba 21 50.74
2 Spain LAFUENTE Sonia 22 49.74
3 China LIU Yan 19 51.74
4 Estonia GLEBOVA Elena 20 50.80
5 Uzbekistan GIMAZETDINOVA Anastasia 24 49.02
6 Germany HECKEN Sarah 23 49.04
7 Canada PHANEUF Cynthia 14 57.16
8 Finland KORPI Kiira 17 52.96
9 Australia LEE Cheltzie 18 52.16
10 Switzerland MEIER Sarah 15 56.70
11 Hungary SEBESTYEN Julia 13 57.46
12 Korea KWAK Min-Jung 16 53.16
13 Russian Federation LEONOVA Alena 8 62.14
14 Japan SUZUKI Akiko 11 61.02
15 Italy KOSTNER Carolina 7 63.02
16 Finland LEPISTO Laura 10 61.36
17 Russian Federation MAKAROVA Ksenia 12 59.22
18 Georgia GEDEVANISHVILI Elene 9 61.92
19 United States FLATT Rachael 5 64.64
20 Japan ANDO Miki 4 64.76
21 Korea KIM Yu-Na 1 78.50
22 Japan ASADA Mao 2 73.78
23 Canada ROCHETTE Joannie 3 71.36
24 United States NAGASU Mirai 6 63.76

mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   25.02.10 12:37

Titanilla wrote:
lonnie wrote:

BTW, Asada and Chan are the same age. Who has the better 3A? ;-)

Lonnie

lol! Definitely Asada!!!!

Banane lach lach lach lach

1. Yu- Na Kim (KOR) - I'm not surprised cuz she has incredible talent, fantastic technique... BUt why she ogt such a hire score, much more than 2nd Mao Asad (JPN) got. Yu Na got for her 3F - 6,70 when Mao got only 5,70 :O. It's pity that Mao did incredible 3A but only 2T. But artisticaly should got the same points like Yu-Na. More Yu - Na got for her Change Foot Combination Spin 4 4,50 and Mao got 4,00. Not good Sad WHY?

BTW Mao had the beautiful Walzt but I think is made only for Domnina and Shabalin dance. They can used that music so woderful !!!!!

3. Joannie Rochette - clan, good. But after her own tragedy it's very breave show!!!!

I think the medals are granted. B. Orsner (couch Yu-Na Kim) will got his Gold, wich has not given many years ago LOL.

4. Miki Ando (JPN) demonic style which siuts her a lot. And for me too Smile

Carolina Kostner Sad she made 3F- 2T instead 3F-3T and her 3L witch hand od the ica, again Sad But what about artistic message more than beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leki
James Bond

Number of posts : 1223
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 8:51

Yuna Kim had a flawless free skate, her costume was stunning and I didn't doubt she would win the gold, but ... 20 points' difference between her and Mao Asada Question That was unexpected, isn't Yuna Kim a 'little' bit overscored even though her medal was well-deserved?
Personally I like Mao's choreography even better.hide8up
I'm so glad that Joannie got the bronze, I have never hoped so much for a female skater to be on the podium before I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leki
James Bond

Number of posts : 1223
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 8:53

Titanilla wrote:
lonnie wrote:

BTW, Asada and Chan are the same age. Who has the better 3A? ;-)

Lonnie

lol! Definitely Asada!!!!
Agreed! lach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 9:44

Gold girl Yu-Na KIM (KOR) - In fact no one can beated her last evening. her style, her interpretation, very difficult music was incredible. She sketed like NO Pressure!!! Amazing, and admirable.

Silver medalist Mao Asada (JPN) - she could thinking about gold, cuz her dangerous 3A , but a little problem with 3F but she made next 2R-2R. How she made it I don't know!!!!!! What a technique... and in fact she got higer points for that then Yu_Na Queen! I love her music choice (I mean Tatiana Tarasova chocie LOL)
Bells of Moscow by Rachmaninov. She lose by component with Yu-Na, but Still she is 2nd on OLYMPIC!!!!!!

Bronze went to Breave girl Joannie Rochette (CAN) beautiful program with small mistekes - no one can see it watching interpretations of Samson and Dalilah.

4. Mirai Nagasu (USA) - she skate the last, she can't count on medal. But she skate like a winner. Bravo!!

5. Miki Ando (JPN) - Most harizmatic Cleopatra, again fantastic interpretations and beautifull custome. I can't understant why she got lover points than 6th Laura Lepisto (FIN). Ok I know that she skate so well, with power and she showed who rule in Europe!!! She must be proud to beat Carolina Kostner (ITA) and her disaster program. She finished like B. Joubert on 16th positions. Why Carolina all jumps was so bad, why ???
8. Alena Leonova (RUS) - I like her skate, but she should work with more power in steps and the "hands elements" should be more elastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 10:52

What a competition! The final group was just teriffic and the penultimate group had some great skates, as well.

Before the competiton I was disappointed with Eurosport for only showing the last two groups. I wanted to see Meier and Sebastien in what could very well be their last competition, so I got up at 4am to catch the action live on EurivionTv. I shouldn't have bothered. As a result, I was so tired that I nodded off in the middle of Kostner's program and woke up after her marks were already read. No great loss there, I'm afraid.

Kim was just fantastic, Asada and Rochette incredibly brave, Ando did not get downgraded, Lepisto had the skate of her life (way better than when she won Euros) and Nagasu may veyy well be my naxt fave skater. All in all a great morning of skating, and it;s good to have something sweet to finish off what was, for me, a dissapointing OG.

Leki wrote:
Yuna Kim had a flawless free skate, her costume was stunning and I didn't doubt she would win the gold, but ... 20 points' difference between her and Mao Asada That was unexpected, isn't Yuna Kim a 'little' bit overscored even though her medal was well-deserved?

Well, Kim landed 6 triples and 3 double Axles. She had great GeO on everything (pretty much everything was +2). Asada, OTOH, landed only 4 triples (even if two of them were 3As) and one double Axle. However, looking at the protocols you can see that even had she skated clean (3F nor downgraded and 3T instead of 1T) she couldn't even win the free! The DG on the flip cost her 4-5 points (base value plus GoE) and the botched 1T another 5 points or so. So a program with 6 triples, including 2 triple Axles, would have lost to another program with 6 triples and no 3A, but nearly 10 points... This is one weired point system.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 13:08

Leki wrote:
Yuna Kim had a flawless free skate, her costume was stunning and I didn't doubt she would win the gold, but ... 20 points' difference between her and Mao Asada Question That was unexpected, isn't Yuna Kim a 'little' bit overscored even though her medal was well-deserved?
Personally I like Mao's choreography even better.hide8up
I'm so glad that Joannie got the bronze, I have never hoped so much for a female skater to be on the podium before I love you

my feelings exaclty! I liked Mao better, I just love her programs, she's so elegant. I don't like YuNa's LP but she was definitely the best! And I also hope Mirai Nagasu will be a future of ladies FS, I really liked her Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 19:11

I don't know if anyone is intrested but here are the final results:

Ladies final results

1) KIM Yu-Na 228.56
2) ASADA Mao 205.50
3) ROCHETTE Joannie 202.64

4) NAGASU Mirai 190.15
5) ANDO Miki 188.86
6) LEPISTO Laura 187.97
7) FLATT Rachael 182.49
8 ) SUZUKI Akiko 181.44
9) LEONOVA Alena 172.46
10) MAKAROVA Ksenia 171.91
11) KORPI Kiira 161.57
12) PHANEUF Cynthia 156.62
13) KWAK Min-Jung 155.53
14) GEDEVANISHVILI Elene 155.24
15) MEIER Sarah 152.81
16) KOSTNER Carolina 151.90
17) SEBESTYEN Julia 151.26
18) HECKEN Sarah 143.94
19) LIU Yan 143.47
20) LEE Cheltzie 138.16
21) GLEBOVA Elena 134.19
22) LAFUENTE Sonia 133.51
23) GIMAZETDINOVA Anastasia 131.65
24) KARADEMIR Tugba 129.54

Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 19:55

I also loved Maos programme. There is no doubt Yu Na deserved the gold but Mao caught my heart. I keep on saying since TEB I love this Bells of Moscow program, no matter how depressive it might appear. I like it and Im glad she landed both triple axels.

Joannie... is a brave and strong girl. Really, all my respect and admiration towards her. But in fact the most horrible days are yet to come for her - so far the Olympics kept her occupied. I hope she wont collaps now.

Poor Caro... She can shake hands with Brian.

Laura Lepisto was cool, loved her! (Although I was never a fan of her because when she won her first European medal in Zagreb - bronze - I thought Julia Sebestyen should have won that bronze. So its a big thing that now I loved her program.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   26.02.10 23:02

mba83 wrote:
BTW Mao had the beautiful Walzt but I think is made only for Domnina and Shabalin dance. They can used that music so woderful !!!!!

For me it's Mao who performed to this music perfectly, it's a brilliant prog, skated so smoothly, with undeniable grace, she moved me. I was able to see D/S skating to this beautiful piece of music live in Zagreb and seeing them higher on the podium than Isa&Olivier really pissed me off, for me this programme was danced beside the music and it's just "heavy". But that's my opinion Wink

Generally, I'm still so impressed after the ladies event, lots of beautiful perfomances! I'd never have thought I'd say it, but ladies do much better than men during this Olys, it's a pleasure to watch them skating at such a high level. My biggest congratulations to all ladies, great job! Especially I admired Joannie, so brave girl, she's my hero of this Olys next to Petra Majdic. That's an olympic spirit! Yu Na was outstanding, but I also liked Mao a lot, even she made some mistakes, but once again she produced a smooth and passionate programme to the music I adore. I also liked Nagasu, her joy in K&C was cute. Generally I only didn't agree with the scores for Lepisto, our commentators're complaining about this a lot and I agree with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catkeeper
Untouchable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   27.02.10 1:54

Hi Everyone:

What a great competition! I didn't know who I wanted to win. I like the top 6 all for different reasons. So I cheered for everybody.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see much of the lower groups. We saw Tugba Karademir, Elena G. and Cynthia Phaneuf. Then NBC cut away to show nordic combined and aerial skiing. Then they came back for the last group of skaters.

Here's what I liked about the competition:

1) Nobody in the top group fell apart or imploded. There were errors. But everybody gave held it together.
2) Yu-Na Kim was beautiful and skated a clean performance. I think she earned her gold.
3) Mao Asada really skated to win. She fought for everything.
4) Joanie had so much courage and focus. Plus she had her best free skate of the season. No big errors and no falling apart, like at GPF.
5) Miki Ando skated clean. I hope she has left the nightmare of Turino behind her.
6) Mirai Nagasu skated clean and fast and exciting. Watch out for her at Worlds!

Here's what I didn't like:

1) NBC's rotten television schedule of all the Olympic skating and every other sport. All the skating was on very late. I've had four hours of sleep every night for two weeks. My husband kept falling asleep during the free skate.

2) Inflated scores for Yu-Na Kim. Should she be 23 points ahead of everybody? She's great, but not that great. Kim was pumped up so high with GOE points and component points that Mao Asada had to go out and skate knowing it was impossible to beat Kim.

3) Selective downgrades on jumps. If the judges are going to be strict on rotation of jumps, then do it for everybody. Plus they should have enough cameras so they can see several angles. Some skaters are getting caught and some aren't.

4) Mao Asada's music. It is very dramatic but very depressing.

Last, I agree with Lonnie. Mao Asada's triple axel is far better than Chan's!

Laura
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   27.02.10 2:04

Catkeeper wrote:
Quote :
2) Inflated scores for Yu-Na Kim. Should she be 23 points ahead of everybody? She's great, but not that great. Kim was pumped up so high with GOE points and component points that Mao Asada had to go out and skate knowing it was impossible to beat Kim.

3) Selective downgrades on jumps. If the judges are going to be strict on rotation of jumps, then do it for everybody.

...and people wonder why other fans think that figure skating competitions are fixed, LOL. Laura has pointed out two of the primary reasons.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)   

Back to top Go down

Vancouver-Ladies event (SP & LP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: