Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 6:09

Thanks Alex!
It's ridiculous to put Plush "6" for mental conditions....IT'S 11 from 10!!!!That's the VERY POINT of his victories over Brian all the time!!!!I wonder whether Brian would put 9 for himself for mental conditionas?lol I'd put 2!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
schiele
Untouchable

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 7:08

Lol, that was very funny indeed.. I'd like to think he knows himself better not to mark it higher than 5 (especially if he marked Plushy 6!)
Btw, Im praying that this video does not get out in the open in the big forums. I cannot imagine the bashing that would follow. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 7:17

I guess it's gonna be spread all over the internet,particularly it'll arouse a huge interest among anti-fans of Brian....That's bad.
It was a mistake of Brian in my opinion to get involved into suchlike "judging games" right before the Olys!I think there is much more to get preoccupied wih this time,than judging contenders.

schiele,you are right.According to what we see,Brian's mental conditions leave much to be desired,HOWEVER HE,HIMSELF is sure in its stability!Look,in all interviews he announces it to be HIS STRONGEST POINT................ Rolling Eyes affraid
Back to top Go down
schiele
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 8:28

Wow, I did not notice that actually! I'd say his strongest point is his jump technique but who am I to dispute Brian. Very Happy
I think he got a bitter taste of his medicine at Euros though. I thought that was mainly a meltdown and as Plushy noted, he was landing those jumps (especially quads) left and right in the practices.
I hope everyone will leave him alone, he'll get his head together and just focus on the competition and will not repeat 2006. That's all he needs really.. Easier said than done of course, considering I probably will have a heart attack myself just watching it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 11:33

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pinterest.com/lightandclouds/
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 11:51

Intresting articles Alex on goole news,

For a quad jump that doesn't seem to be important for the male skaters, they do talk about it a lot....

Quote :
"In all honesty, I didn't see how that was possible," says Buttle, who defeated a bitter Joubert to win his world title in Sweden two years ago, and was third to Joubert's sixth at the Turin Olympics.

"Joubert may be a better jumper in the sense that he can do the quad, but people who don't even watch skating could easily see the difference in quality between Patrick and Brian.

I agree Brian is better lol! (although I bet that wasn't what Buttle meant)

Quote :
From the panel of 12 judges, the computer randomly selects nine whose scores will count. Of those nine scores, the highest and lowest are thrown out, and the remaining seven are averaged. Judges never know whether their scores will count, and the ISU protects their identities by not connecting specific marks with the judges who awarded them.

The computer knows, though, and data is stored and can be used to discipline judges whose marking is consistently out of line. Still, if it's done subtly, the system can still be manipulated.

Great... NOT!!

lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 12:39

Quote :
"Joubert may be a better jumper in the sense that he can do the quad, but people who don't even watch skating could easily see the difference in quality between Patrick and Brian.

Yeah, that is usually the meaning of "better jumper", Jeff.

Here's something from the old king:
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=es-fivementowatch021110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Nice analysis. I don't quite get what Chan is doing on that list (guess Elvis is trying to make peace with Skate Canada), but I like his views on Kozuka. His "gentleman’s style" is why Kozuka is my favorite of the Japanese men.

Some interesting things about Brian, but this has left me bewildered:
Quote :
Joubert’s triple axel is his weak link, and he must focus to keep it in line
Huh? I thouht his double Axel was the problem ;-)

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schiele
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 13:05

Lonnie, I think like Weir, Brian's entry into 3A tends to circle instead of going in straight like Plushenko and leaves me on the edge of my seat wondering if he'll manage to land it straight and stop the rotation.. This is just my opinion though, I am no technician and don't know if it has any relevance to what is really going on.

As outspoken and sometimes too opiniated as Elvis is, this comment made me smile: Boring is the program without the challenge. If you want to pull the “artistry” card, then go watch a show.
This is just how I feel about "cookie cutter COP friendly" programmes with no big jump contents.. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 13:25

Thank you Alex for all his extremely interesting articles among which one that I read with a lot of interest that of the French judge P Meriguet which I approve!
Brian can make it! lol!
Merci Alex pour tous ses articles fort intéressant dont un que j'ai lu avec beaucoup d'intérêt celui du juge français P Meriguet que j'approuve !
Brian peut le faire !lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 13:42

Once again, thankyou2 ,Alex!
Back to top Go down
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 14:27

http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/102518/cinquanta-cette-polemique-na-pas-lieu-detre/
Heu Brian a plus de "transitions" que Plushi mine de rien mais ce n'est que mon humble avis!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 14:58

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 16:00

the second part of the video which Alex posted yesterday is up! This time it's about Oda and Evan and the third part will probabl;y follow tomorrow about stephane if I'm correct!

http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une_sport_detail_-Jeux-olympiques-Brian-Joubert-note-ses-adversaires-deuxieme-partie-_3638-1262435_actu.Htm

sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 16:34

thanks manon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   12.02.10 16:52

Good points from Elvis, but I think he is going to have to stop talking in every interview about "femine" mens skating - many people are not going to take him seriously if he keeps on beating this one drum. Which would be a shame because he can talk well about other aspects of skating....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   13.02.10 10:37

Back to top Go down
Anastasia
vip

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   13.02.10 14:56

Back to top Go down
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   13.02.10 15:03

Thank you Nastusha, there is videos, who is going to translate for our friends? Nastusha?
Merci Nastusha , il y a des videos , qui va traduire pour nos amies ? Nastusha ?

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   13.02.10 16:07

thank you ladies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   13.02.10 18:10

Merci pour ces vidéos. Thank you ladies. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   14.02.10 10:37

Thanks for the link, too bad I understand nothing in French... hide8up But he looks good even unshaven... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   14.02.10 12:10

Back to top Go down
Nona

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   14.02.10 16:37

Ice.Cream wrote:
http://www.20minutes.fr/article/384436/Sport-Brian-Joubert-L-objectif-La-medaille-d-or.php

Thnx Alex, Is Brian speaking about the ice condition? am I correct? He is feeling well in the main rink, The ice is great, it lifts well.
And one of the journalists is asking if Brian had time to process his third place at Euros this year? He's saying that they have been focusing on his physical condition, cause that was weak? The technique was good. And he continued with working on his artistique. I think they also worked on minimalizing the mistakes in the programmes? Not sure....And these two weeks have been enough to recover. He feels ready! And his goal is the golden medal!

Quote :
Qu’avez-vous pensé des récentes polémiques sur les notations (un juge américain a balancé que le champion d'Europe Plushenko avait trouvé les juges trop généreux envers les éléments artistiques du programme de Joubert, ndlr)?

Je n’ai pas eu envie de me focaliser là-dessus. On tous des points forts et des points faibles. Ce n’est pas quelque chose qui me touche personnellement. Que Plushenko parle de moi, ça me flatte plus qu’autre chose. Je suis venu ici pour me battre et ramener la médaille.

Could someone please translate this?

Quote :

Ressentez-vous de la pression ?
C’est bizarre parce que je ne me sens pas du tout aux JO. Je ne ressens pas le stress de 2006. Je suis bien. Comme à un championnat d’Europe ou un championnat du monde.

Is Brian saying that he doesn't feel the pressure-/ stress like he had felt during the Olympics in 2006? He's feeling well just like the Europeans or worlds...?

I bet that there will be much more articles, so I try to make an english translation to understand what Brian is saying!
cause there are so many french articles!

sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   14.02.10 17:16

thanks alex Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oana24

Number of posts : 973

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   14.02.10 18:14

Quote :
Qu’avez-vous pensé des récentes polémiques sur les notations (un juge américain a balancé que le champion d'Europe Plushenko avait trouvé les juges trop généreux envers les éléments artistiques du programme de Joubert, ndlr)?

Je n’ai pas eu envie de me focaliser là-dessus. On tous des points forts et des points faibles. Ce n’est pas quelque chose qui me touche personnellement. Que Plushenko parle de moi, ça me flatte plus qu’autre chose. Je suis venu ici pour me battre et ramener la médaille.

Brian is asked about the recent polemics concerning the judging. He says ”I don't want to focus on that. We all have strong points & weak points. This isn't something that concerns me personally. That Plushenko is talking about me, that's flattering me more than anything. I came here to fight and take the medal” (he certainly meant the gold one Very Happy )

Quote :
Ressentez-vous de la pression ?
C’est bizarre parce que je ne me sens pas du tout aux JO. Je ne ressens pas le stress de 2006. Je suis bien. Comme à un championnat d’Europe ou un championnat du monde.

Q: Do you feel the pressure?
B: It's strange because I don't feel at the Olympics at all. I don't feel the stress from 2006. I'm alright. Like at an European or World championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian   

Back to top Go down

2010 Olympics - Articles on Brian
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: