Feeling devastated thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Feeling devastated thread   17.02.10 13:50

I thought to open a separate thread for ourselves. I dont want to mix too much my feelings into the Brian thread, because its definitely him who has it the worst. But still - I feel so heartbroken, devastated right now. Brians disastrous SP, some professional issues, many mistakes at my work, not being at home since 9th January, not sleeping all night - I just long for someone who could hug me. Or I wish I could cry at least to ease this all tension. But there is nobody and if I search for understanding, some people say, "hey, its just sports", but its not just sports, its also many other things I suffer about. There used to be times when I felt strong. Now I just remember how I acted back then and try to hide how insecure I am actually. I need to find that inner Joubert spirit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   17.02.10 15:49

I guess I can at least understand a little how you feel, Titi. Sometimes it's just like everything "bad" comes together at once ... And especially in such moments nobody seems to be around to just give you a hug or to at least lend an open ear or a shoulder to cry on.
I think it's ok to wallow in self-pitty from time to time, at least it helps me a lot. And just keep in mind that there'll be better times and that there are always these tiny little things that can make you smile - even though they might be hard to see sometimes Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   17.02.10 16:14

Titi, you are not the only one. It's weird for me too! it's hard focussing on anything.
I don't know if it's because of the lack of sleep or the stress of searching for a subject for my final thesis or my caughing problem which I have been having sing I got back from Tallinn. It's hard talking with people about figure skating, cause not many people understand what it is to be a true fan and being a fan of figure skating for such a long time. People around me can't really understand it. And just like you said people just say 'hey, it's just sport'. And I think it's even more intense for you Titi, because you've been to a lot of competitions and you have been talking with Brian one on one! you've seen it all happening so close in front of you. And seeing Brian perform like this at the Olympics must be devastating! for all of us! There is a small group of people on this forum who have been here since 2006 we all know what happend with Brian through these years and I think we've secretly have been waiting for this big moment. And when it doesn't happen the way we hope fort, it feels so unfair.

mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   17.02.10 17:29

I m so shocked about Joubert's performance that I can accept it,... I m not even sad.... I think I will understand it after few days later... that's horrible what was happent last night!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   17.02.10 22:26

Titi....I'm glad you opened this thread.

I've purposely stayed off the board today, actually, off all the boards. No matter what I've done today I keep thinking about Brian's meltdown last night. I'm glad I couldn't watch it. If I had I surely would have been sobbing so much I could not have seen the TV screen. I don't even want to watch the YouTube videos...I'm just not up to that, yet.

Since I've been on the Internet so far, I've taken a quick look at FSU and what people are saying over there, and the vast majority are in as much shock as we are. Post after post, expressing how painful it was to watch Brian's fall apart during the SP. Posters wondering "what happened?"

I know what you mean, that it's not "just sports," these message boards and, particularly BJDG, are a huge part of my life. Most of the fiction I write revolves around stuff pertaining to figure skating, so my time on the boards is really an integral part of my research for the novels I'm either developing or are in the writing stages. Try as I may not to get overly wrapped up in what happens to the various skaters whom I follow, there have been two who have gotten down to my soul, namely Alexei Yagudin and Brian Joubert. I agonized over Yagudin's hip issues and, now, I'm agonizing over Brian's psychological issues. It's probably a good thing I don't live or travel to France because I'd be so tempted to go to Poiters and shake some sense into him, lol.

Last night I wrote an epic entry in my personal journal detailing everything about what happened in Brian's SP, stuff I'd read online, posters' comments from various boards, trying to find some common thread which make a little sense but I couldn't come up with anything that makes sense, other than Brian is a head case, now, more so than ever. He really, really needs a sports psychologist but he's too damn stubborn to realize it, and the people around him just sit on their hands and watch it all happen.

While I can't reach across the ocean nor all the land miles between us, I can offer you a huge cyber hug....(((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))). Titi.... just know that you're not alone.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoja
Love's divine

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   18.02.10 13:21

I know Very wel what you fell. I fell it too.
That's true, it is only sport. But ordinary man in the street, so as I, is searching for ideals, people from which he is taking the example.
For me Brian was exactly such a person...
I am feeling terribly, and people around are laughing: "because it doesn't concern me". Brian didn't have powers, to stand up for his dreams... so how I have to do it? Brian and the figure skating are a part of my life. With the one which is giving much emotion and joys. He is surviving difficult times now. It aches me because he didn't deserve for it.

Perhaps if I didn't have other problems I wouldn't feel it in this way. Brian's successes were light for me, I counted on now on it. They told me that "it will be well". But it wasn't.

I hope that you understood me. Unfortunately I am not knowing English well. I cannot write well in this language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   18.02.10 14:14

Hoja, I understand you very well! And please remember that Brian is still the same person you took an example of. One failure wont change it, at least it wont change for me. I still take an example of Brian because he fought for his dream. He tried so hard but the failure came in the worst moment. But it doesnt me you are less obliged to do all it takes for your own dreams, even if you might fail. The important thing is to fight. For Brian, for us, for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoja
Love's divine

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   18.02.10 16:24

Yes, Brian is still the same person. Or maybe not,, he still is such an amaazing person but in the end I realized the fact that he was only a man. He also has smaller or bigger problems. So many times he helped me, he showed that it was necessary to fight.

Great thanks for you :*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   06.03.10 12:57

Oh boy oh boy I thought I was over the whole thing...I really did...but I'm not...
I'm glad all of you are here, coz no one else understands it... But you're right, Titi, Brian is still the same person and I still immensely look up to him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   06.03.10 19:41

I found this thread today - but not too late, because I'm still feeling devastated...And I'm glad not to be alone with this! Girls, I can understand you, my experience right after Brian's olympic disaster was similar to what you told. When other people, some of my best friends for example, noticed my sad eyes, I wanted to tell them the whole story, but I didn't, because I know they wouldn't understand me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   06.03.10 19:44

Oh, with 50 posts I'm "untouchable" now... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   03.04.10 0:10

It's funny how, looking at the other posts, the cheerful ones, there's just this dark cloud over everything. Didn't really want to revive such a sad thread, but just had to vent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling devastated thread   

Back to top Go down

Feeling devastated thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: