AuthorMessage
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: ISU to introduce scoring changes   03.03.10 11:05

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/03/02/2010030200879.html
Quote :
In its general assembly scheduled for June, the ISU might adopt a new system to provide cushion for skaters who courageously go for technically difficult jumps. Under the current rules, when a triple Axel jump falls short of full rotation it is downgraded to a double Axel, and the base value for an attempted but under-rotated triple Axel falls from 8.20 to 3.50 points. Such high penalties can deter skaters from attempting challenging jumps. The new system is aimed at making penalties less severe.

Another article in Japanese said:
Quote :
The key will be the creation of "intermediate scores" for under-rotated high difficulty jumps. Therefore, under-rotated quads will no longer be treated as triples. Similarly, under-rotated triple Axel will not be treated as double Axel.
According to the ISU Technical Committee sources, this change is being introduced to encourage skaters to incorporate more difficult jumps in their routines.
The final details of the proposal are still being discussed among Technical Committee members.

Imo that sounds pretty good and I welcome this change, but otoh I still think there should be more reward for a successful jump (higher points for the quad e.g.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13307
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   03.03.10 14:22

Thank you for information Nina! This goes in the right direction, let us hope that the skaters will take risks " even if transitions etc are needed...
Merci pour les infos Nina! Ça va dans le bon sens ,espérons que les patineurs prendront " des risques" même s'il faut des transitions etc ...

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   03.03.10 17:04

As Gislaine says, this is a welcome step in the right direction.... its getting serious when, after the scores are factored up, the ladies champion (wonderful as she is) would have outscored all the men in the FS @ the Olympics (so I read on another reputable forum)!!

At the moment I'm seeing a future with two seperate events at ISU competions - a hybrid pair/dance competition & a unsex solo competition. Just think of the savings that the ISU can make - half the skaters in half the the time as at present - to direct their money into the really important things that matter in skating, their expense accounts & corporate entertaining!!!!

"Madame Futura, gazing into her cynical crystal ball".......

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   03.03.10 19:08

Thanks Nina for the news! This is going in the right direction, let's hope they will keep it going in the right direction!

Quote :
I still think there should be more reward for a successful jump (higher points for the quad e.g.)

ITA!

Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   03.03.10 21:29

Quote :
At the moment I'm seeing a future with two seperate events at ISU competions - a hybrid pair/dance competition & a unsex solo competition. Just think of the savings that the ISU can make - half the skaters in half the the time as at present - to direct their money into the really important things that matter in skating, their expense accounts & corporate entertaining!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't give the powers-that-be at the ISU any ideas! Wink LOL I will admit this appears to be a step in the right direction...but...when it comes to the ISU, I am extremely skeptical as to what they will really offer and what their real motives are. Time will tell, I suppose.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   04.03.10 9:08

I wish that could be more fair. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
choco_kit
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   05.03.10 5:37

Pretty good change... Smile this way maybe more skaters will attempt a quad in competitions Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   05.03.10 14:25

i hope this will be more then just talk and something will be done about it.

because me not likey what sheena is seeing the crystal ball over there. that would be one creapy future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
li
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   05.03.10 22:06

So maybe ISU is turning in the right direction. It' about time. Crossing my fingers for these changes. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   07.03.10 21:17

Merci pour les infos. C'est encourageant, car je ne suis pas pour qu'on supprime côté artistique de la discipline bien sûr que non, mais que les sauts soient revus et corrigés. Prendre des risques c'est ça aussi qui fait la beauté de ce sport, du sport et par conséquent de la compétition.

Thank you for informations. It is encouraging, because I am not so that we eliminate artistic sense of the discipline of course not, but so that the jumps are seen again and revised and corrected. Take risks that's right also which makes the beauty of this sport, the sport and consequently the competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   09.03.10 12:21

Sound promising, hope that words will change into acts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU to introduce scoring changes   

Back to top Go down

ISU to introduce scoring changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: