my time in vancouver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   18.03.10 16:32

Only the cutest guy there would do!!! He was trying to convince me that I wanted to jump too, but I assured him that I preferred to have both my feet stuck to "terra firma"! I wouldn't have jumped for "all the tea in China", even attached to him - & he was lovely!!!

Waiting for Irina to get strapped up & jump. I was wondering what I would say to Bodgan if anything went wrong......

Irina may jump off bridges. but she is a very sound sleeper.....which was great because I never had to worry about waking her up, I could take a bath, go to get some breakfast, anything!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   18.03.10 17:00

Sheena wrote:
Only the cutest guy there would do!!! He was trying to convince me that I wanted to jump too, but I assured him that I preferred to have both my feet stuck to "terra firma"! I wouldn't have jumped for "all the tea in China", even attached to him - & he was lovely!!!

Waiting for Irina to get strapped up & jump. I was wondering what I would say to Bodgan if anything went wrong......

Irina may jump off bridges. but she is a very sound sleeper.....which was great because I never had to worry about waking her up, I could take a bath, go to get some breakfast, anything!

lach lach lach were you really worried??? you did not look worried. my mom when i told her that i jumped she asked if you did not try to stop me. but bogdan did not ask me that.
to tell you the truth, signing all those papers before the jump, the ones where you say you take responsibility for all the risks, including dieing , was kind of nerve wreaking .

sheena, how were you after vancouvver? i was crazy tired. i did not realized i could be so tired but i was. at around 22 in the evening my lights would go out but i am all better now. Razz

yes, i am a very sound sleeper. if i am tired you can vacuum the room and me and i will still be sleeping.

here are some photos from the town

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   18.03.10 17:14

I was trying not to look worried (glad I succeeded!) as I thought you might have enough on your mind at that time!! As you really wanted to do it, are over 21 & legally of sound mind, I wouldn't have tried to stop you, though I still think you are crazy - brave but crazy, dear friend!!!

I was very tired arriving home on the Monday evening, but I slept well & was "all bright eyed & bushy tailed" on Tuesday. Didn't sleep so well for the next few nights, so I was a bit tired for a few days. I've been pretty ok since - in fact in work today one of our volunteers told me how well I'm looking since my holiday & that it must have done me good!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   18.03.10 20:39

irina wrote:
Quote :
i have sheena on tape saying she would not do that in her worst nightmares
At least one of you had enough presence of mind to access her God-given common sense! LOL

Quote :
i have to say that except the actual jump moment when i was scared out of my mind all the rest of the experience was awesome.
and i made me feel, what i think i can consider as " high ". i just felt extraordinary all day. i kind of felt like smiling all the time i remembered i jumped.
Um....what else would you expect after having your brain slammed against the inside of your skull, multiple times as a result of the G-forces in that jump. Gee, Irina, if you really needed to get your spine straightened out, or to adjust that crick in your neck, you could have seen a chiropracter much more easily, and it probably would have been covered under your travel insurance, LOL. But, oh no, lol, you had to jump off an incredibly high bridge. Razz

I'm really glad Sheena accompanied you because somebody needed to inform the authorities, not to mention your husband, if you'd gotten yourself injured, not that it would have been all that pleasant for Sheena, however, Rolling Eyes lol.

Irina, you are stone nuts! crazy There is no way I would ever jump off a bridge with my ankles secured with a bungee cord, LOL. My brain is wacky enough as it is. I don't need any help with that, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 7:01

Irina, you are so brave and I just feel like hug you immediately... Inclassable37 But as Im thinking, although Im not really attracted by bungee jumping... I would still more likely jump of a bridge than ask a cute guy if I can hug him... hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
li
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 10:21

Titanilla wrote:
But as Im thinking, although Im not really attracted by bungee jumping... I would still more likely jump of a bridge than ask a cute guy if I can hug him... hide8up

I feel the same. Razz frogkiss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 17:03

Blue Bead wrote:
[
Irina, you are stone nuts! crazy There is no way I would ever jump off a bridge with my ankles secured with a bungee cord, LOL. My brain is wacky enough as it is. I don't need any help with that, LOL.

Mary C.

She wasn't attached by her ankles, it was a harness around the trunk of her body - that made me feel a little happier!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 19:52

Irina thank you so much for your stories and raports Very Happy it's great to read them. You were jumping off a bridge but what was below it? A river? Something else? I'm just curious what views you had Wink and the cute-hugging-guy story was so... cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 21:10

Sheena wrote:
Quote :
She wasn't attached by her ankles, it was a harness around the trunk of her body - that made me feel a little happier!!
Aaaah....a "safer" approach, LOL. Did she jump feet first and, if so, did her legs get longer afterwards? LOL

When bungee jumping first became all the rage, the only way it was done was by encasing the persons ankles in a special harness which was attached to the bungee cord device, and you jumped head-first off the bridge. Shocked Rolling Eyes Now, for that one had to be completely insane to do it. I'm glad they have modified the proccess, but that's not saying I'd pay any amount of money to try it, lol. I would think, though, that there would still be a hell of a jolt to one's brain, what with all that bouncing up and down on the bungee chord.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   19.03.10 21:59

mary, you can jump attached to the ankles or by your body. since it was my first time i was too scared to go head first. but to tell you the truth i might try it some day given the opportunity.

marta, down there was a river. around was the forest. it was a very beautiful view. very beautiful !!!!

shena , i really did not suspected that you thought i am crazy !!!

come on titi and li , cute guys are not as scary as high bridges !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   20.03.10 10:57

Irina

Unbelievable! It must ba a total rush! standing and waiting for the final moment to jump in the air!

Thanks for telling!

Sonia
Time

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   20.03.10 18:55

Nona wrote:
Irina

Yeah, agree! Very Happy
Bungee jumping sounds excellent, this is something I really wanna try one day, your story just made even more excited, thanks for sharing your emotions with us! I loved the episode with a cute guy Wink I've read all your reports from Olys and it's such an entertainig lecture! Thanks once again for the reports and pics! kisses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   23.03.10 10:59

Irina, you're my hero! clap
I wish I found my inner courage to try bungee jumping as well (maybe someday?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   03.04.10 22:42

malgosia, we just have to find a new figure skating competition to attend with the posibility to bungee jump and we can do it Very Happy

i am so sorry i still did not uploaded my pictures. but stuff keeps heapening that prevent me from doing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   05.04.10 15:24

Are there possibilities for bungee jumping in Bern...the combination of figure skating and bungee jumping sounds amazingly excillerating! LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my time in vancouver   

Back to top Go down

my time in vancouver
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Olympics Winter Games Vancouver 2010 :: Only for the olympics games-
Jump to: