Brian Joubert Discussion Group

PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog inFacebookTwitter

Share | 

Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JielinL
Untouchable

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   28.03.10 0:14

If, I don't know, you randomly come across something in chinese and would like to know what it is; or if you're interested in visiting china, any questions are welcome. This is probably a very random topic, but, you know, just putting it out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   29.03.10 18:24

I just know "Nihao" and "Xie Xie!" Razz
I think chinese is really difficult! I wanted to learn japanese and still no progress Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sui-chan
Caruso

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   01.04.10 14:41

Yes, I think Chinese is the most difficult language. Maybe it's because of its alphabet. How about its grammar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   01.04.10 18:09

No, the grammar is easy enough. Almost none, and people would still understand you even if you have it wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   22.04.10 18:26

I think it's great that there's no grammar Razz but the characters are very hard to learn!

I have a question-maybe u have knowledge about-I know that in China are different dialects like mandarin and cantonese. They are really different? what I mean if someone speaks in cantonese a mandarin speaker can understand ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   27.04.10 1:39

A Mandarine speaker, unfortunately, probably would not understand Cantonese. However, a Cantonese (or any other dialect) speaker would understand Mandarin almost perfectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   27.04.10 13:30

Xie Xie! ^_^
Thanks for the answer! flowers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   28.04.10 17:56

You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   29.04.10 19:25

How u say "You're welcome!"? But please romanization Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   29.04.10 20:59

bu yong xie

(it literally means "no need to thank")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   30.04.10 4:26

Even if don't need I'll still do it : XIE XIE! thankyou2

Do u listen chinese music? If u do, who are your favs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   30.04.10 23:08

Frankly, most modern Chinese songs are horrible mixes between bad rap, and rock. They also can't seem to keep english out of the songs. This is just my opinion, coming from someone who doesn't really like rap, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone

Although, Zho Jie Luan, or his enlish name, Jay Chou, is quite good, and I'd name him as my favourite, at least before he adds in sections of rap in between.

By the way, if you're interested, here are some of his songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPepkniuXI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypqWFtWsW2c
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   01.05.10 20:32

I know Jay Chow...just 3 or 4 of his songs. My fav song from him is "Qin hua ci" ...have no clue what it means lol! But I do like it.
Thanks for the links as soon as I will be able I will check them on YT.

But my fav is Nicholas Tse..what u think about him?

PS: Probably I should was born in Asia[South Korea, China(Hong Kong) or specially Japan! LOL!] Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   02.05.10 0:06

He's pretty good, though I just heard some of his songs after you mentioned him (I've heard about him before this, but it was because of a scandal involving him). The songs I'm listening to now are pretty good, and the lyrics are actually recognizable as words! Razz (In case this seems like a weird thing to say, a lot of chinese singers don't eunounciate the words clearly and no one can really tell what the lyrics are)

P.S. That would be interesting. You certainly really seem to like Japan. So, if you're not born in Asia, where are you from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   02.05.10 4:45

Really? If I don't know chinese I didn't knew that u can not understand what some of the singers say in their songs Razz

Scandals? The carr accidents or the one with his wife and Edison Chen? Very Happy
Anyway I think he was pretty lucky to escape alive from so many accidents!

PS: I'm european, from Romania Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   02.05.10 17:41

Ha ha, I meant the one with his wife. And yes, he's lucky indeed.

Oh, I love Europe. Haven't been to Romania though... Might go there sometime. Do you know, by chance, how far away it is from Canada/US?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   02.05.10 20:26

In hours I know(+7 than New York; +10 than LA)...but how many km not.
But if it helps u with the airplane u do around 14 hours(maybe less Razz)

Romania worths to be visited! has a lot of great views but unfortunattely the ones who are in charge doesn't do nothing to make people to visit our country! It's a shame! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   03.05.10 18:16

... It takes only takes 14 hrs for me to go all the way to China. Is it really that far???
Well, I do plan on going there sometime, but not anytime soon though. Right now, if I want to travel, I'd still have to spend about a year convincing my parents Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   03.05.10 19:14

hmm..it depends how do u fly to China? Across Pacific or Atlantic?
It will take a lot more across atlantic so I guess u fly over Pacific Smile

hehe! no problem Smile
hope u'll be able to travel soon, even if not here...Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   03.05.10 21:53

Um, Atlantic actually. I live near Toronto, and not Vancouver, so I'm guessing Atlantic is closer (but to tell the truth, I never thought about flying Pacific. I'll consider it next time, thanks Smile)

In fact, we're probably going to go see the Expo in Shanghai during the summer. Are you going to be going, by chance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   03.05.10 21:59

Hehe!I wished..but if I have enough money for such a trip I'll choose Japan Razz...But I don't have them Very Happy
U can visit the romanian stand if u go to the expo Smile This way you'll be able to see something about my country Smile

U fly across Atlantic and u do 14 hours? U don't stop anywhere? It's a direct fly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JielinL
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   03.05.10 22:41

YES! What a brilliant idea! You are a genius Very Happy I will plan to visit the Romanian stand.

And yes, I do fly across the Atlantic from Canada to China in 14 hrs. And you're also right, it's direct flight. We never bother looking for others, because frankly, 14 hrs is already a lot, any longer would be terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   04.05.10 4:39

LOL! I'm a genius undercover Very Happy

I understand...I think I've read smewhere that a direct fly to USA(I think to East coast) it takes 10 hours. Smile
Sure it's a lot of time! 14h in a plane- I guess u get bored Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   20.05.10 18:54

i've check out and it takes between 7 to 10 hours from here to USA/Canada. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...   

Back to top Go down

Hmm, if anyone is interested in learning Chinese...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Language Lessons-
Jump to: