Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Everything else - part 12   20.06.10 17:25

I think it's time for the12 part:P

Just a question..can we Have the RAK project this year too?
There are money problems all over the world I know but ...just wondering Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.06.10 20:19

Regarding the RAK project, I would think it is possible to do this again this year providing we can find a participating member who has the time to manage all the details. As I stated in another thread I've got too much to do this summer to take on any projects.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13300
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.06.10 21:06

If you wish this project, open a subject! This year I could not make him! Who takes care of it? Adelina Mary or Wink Laughing ? Lol

Si vous désirez ce projet ,ouvrez un sujet !Cette année je ne pourrais pas le faire! Qui s'en occupe ? Adelina Mary ou ...? lol

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   08.07.10 20:54

i can't stand the rain anymore. it's screwing with my summer plans blahblah i mean it's like soon enough it will be august. damn it !!!! and i will have to start the job hunt again. remind me why do we have to work? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   08.07.10 21:02

Ummmm to make money? LOL

I cannot believe that part of my summer vacation is over. By the time August comes around, I'll have to think about the coming semester and spend a lot of money buying books. Why can't summer last forever?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 1:32

Hey, irina! I'll gladly send you some of the wicked heat we're having in my part of the US, lol. Today it was 92 degrees F. (33.33 C) with very high humidity, to make things worse. This is the 5th day in a row with temperatures in excess of 90 degrees! It's been so hot with no rain that my lawn is starting to turn brown the way it does in August. Some of my vegetable plants wilt in the daytime heat even though I'm watering them twice a day. This is totally crazy, LOL. I dread what it will be like with August really gets here. I would not be, at all, surprised to see temperatures over the 100 degree mark. I'm so not looking forward to it. No

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 13:07

Mary, has the temperature gone above 100 in Ohio? It was over 100 here on Tuesday with humidity way over 70. Luckily, things have "cooled down", meaning the temperature, but humidity is still very high. I've been hiding in the air conditioning for the past several days, because if I go outside the air conditioned room, then I'll do this sotr_th43
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 14:04

Here, he makes 36 degrés in shadow, our region is under "alert heat wave "until Saturday!

I prepare our stay in Rochelle, we are going to see our son Eric and his wife and will be of benefit to see again Alex! lol
My husband took a madman - laugh by seeing what I want to take for week!

Ici , il fait 36 degrés à l'ombre , notre région est sous "alerte canicule jusqu'à samedi !

Je prépare notre séjour à La Rochelle , nous allons voir notre fils Eric et son épouse et profiterai de revoir Alex !lol
Mon mari a pris un fou-rire en voyant ce que je veux emmener pour une semaine !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 16:38

Quote :
has the temperature gone above 100 in Ohio?
Not yet, kiki. However the heat index has been above 100 the past three days, so with the humidity factored in to the temperature equation it feels like it's well over 100 degrees F. affraid I have been hybernating indoors, too, only without the benefit of air conditioning. I do have fans in all the rooms in my house to keep the many cats comfortable; I do have 4 older cats that are subject to heat exhaustion, so I have to keep a watchful eye on them and the temperature in the house, even with the fan system working.

On the several occasions I've been outside in the last week the humidity, alone, has been a killer. I've been bathed in sweat simply walking out to retrieve the mail, lol. Getting housework done has been a nightmare with these temperatures and humidity. I would say I've been drinking roughly a little more than a gallon of water a day. Five minutes after I drink it, it's sweating out my skin pores, LOL.

Gis wrote:
Quote :
My husband took a madman - laugh by seeing what I want to take for week!
Men never "get it" when women pack for a trip, LOL. We, women, pack not only the essentials but the gifts for family, stuff for emergencies, stuff to amuse ourselves so as not to be a burden to our loved ones when they have other important things to do in their daily routines. We pack clothes suitable for all the occasions we know we'll be doing plus extras to dress up our outfits if we go someplace extra nice, as well as the various things to make us look nice (cosmetics, hair products and appliances), and the list goes on. Men, on the other hand, grab a handful of underwear, a bottle or two of cologne, some aftershave, a couple pairs of shoes, a couple pairs of socks, an all-purpose pair of slacks, a pair of shorts, a good shirt and two or three casual shirts, and their done! LOL All of their stuff will easily fit in one suitcase, lol.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 17:58

Quote :
I have been hybernating indoors, too, only without the benefit of air conditioning. I do have fans in all the rooms in my house to keep the many cats comfortable; I do have 4 older cats that are subject to heat exhaustion, so I have to keep a watchful eye on them and the temperature in the house, even with the fan system working.

No air conditioning?! affraid That must be horrible. I cannot survive without air conditioning because of my past medical problems, so I have to stay in our air conditioned room. Also, because of my past medical problems, I have to drink at least a cup of water an hour anyway. As long as I stay in the air conditioned room and drink a cup of water an hour, then it'll be okay. Stay cool, Mary.

Gis, women know how to pack. Men have no idea to pack LOL. Mary described how men pack perfectly. That's my dad. lach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.07.10 18:29

I also have no air conditioning and I know no one who has, it's not very common here in private houses. And at the moment we have 36 degree celsius, the next days will be even worse and I have to write my diploma thesis. It's terrible!! ko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.07.10 11:20

i realise that the heat is bad over there but right now i am envious of heat Embarassed

i am in a decesions time in my life. decisions suck Razz so if you get decisons combined with the lack of an actual summer , the level of suckiness is at an all time high lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.07.10 16:21

I love the weather right now! So unpredictible! u'll never now if today will be sunny or will rain!
I enjoy much more the wether from here than the heat that is in other countries...I'm not a summer fan! Autumn is more suitable for me Very Happy and we're in july and looks like autumn lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   11.07.10 23:22

adelina, you're lucky i like you too much. how can you not like summer ??????
i love summer. come on summer, arrive already !!!!!!!! i have to admit that to my happiness the last 3 days were very hot and mostly sunny !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.07.10 5:23

Razz Sorry, Irina..but I'm not a fan!
Well today looks like a summer day...maybe summer finaly comes. I will be happy, if not for me, at list for the ones who loves it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 11:26

Havent been here for a while because of the football World Cup - I was so busy. It was a great challenge for me and overall I think it wasnt bad how we covered it. Im not 100% satisfied, and in some ways it was my mistake, in some ways it wasnt.

Anyway, this World Cup was so special for me in many ways, and after a long time it felt there is nothing missing in my life. I loved those blessed days and I appreciate it so much.

However, the World Cup is over and all at once I have to face the problems at my job, my colleagues are not satisfied with their salaries and they keep bashing me in front of me and behind my back - sometimes it is hard to deal with it.

I have no questions and doubts about my journalistic skills but sometimes I have doubts about my "boss-skills". I have a vision, I have plans but sometimes I wish I wasnt hurt so easily by words. Anyway, thats what I have to learn and I know Im still young and I have the potential to be a good journalist and a good boss in a few years.

Right now I just want some virtual hugs from you Very Happy So, please, if you can help me... hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 12:57

Titi, I'll send you lots of virtual hugs. hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 13:10

hugs hugs hugs to Titi.......its not easy being the boss....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 13:19

hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 15:46

kisses hugs hugs Titi ,Lose heart for your new post of boss Titi, you will find a solution for your colleagues who would better make to come to speak you than behind your back!
Ne te décourage pour ton nouveau poste de boss Titi , tu trouveras une solution pour tes collègues qui feraient mieux de venir t'en parler que derrière ton dos !

Our suitcases are practically ready for our stay! lol!

I am impatient to be in Rochelle to see again my son.
Nos valises sont pratiquement prêtes pour notre séjour !lol!

J'ai hâte d'être à La Rochelle pour revoir mon fils .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.07.10 16:52

Titi...First the cyber hug (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))), lol.

It was no surprise to me that you were heavily involved in covering the World Cup. I figured we'd see you posting again once it was over....and here you are, LOL.

About the problems of the boss-ing job, of course, you knew that existed but, because you were on the employee side of things, you didn't know how bad they could get...now, you know. Employees are for ever complaining that their pay isn't enough, no matter how much they are getting; it's just the way things work. Perhaps you can impress upon them the state of the economy and that it isn't only their wallets which are affected. If they balk at that answer, so be it, lol, but they'll get a rude awakening should they have delusions of getting another journalistic job at another publication. Most places, around the world, simply aren't hiring new people...unless they are top-notch journalists, and if your colleagues were "top-notch" they'd be working elsewhere, now, LOL. Explain to them that they'll just have to make the best of things until the economy improves....they same as you and the upper management types of the newspaper are doing.

I will say it is dispicable that your colleagues would verbally cut you to your face along with the stuff they are saying behind your back. It doesn't say a whole lot that is good about their character or ethics. It doesn't sound like there is one of them you could count on in an emergency; that's rotten but that the way small-minded people are, unfortunately.

Titi, hold you head up high and don't stoop to their level and tactics. Remember that upper management is always watching to see how you'll handle these situations. The more you impress them the more likely they'll support you in the decisions you have no other choice to make. Hang in there!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.07.10 5:17

Many, many, many and big hugs, Titi! hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.07.10 8:59

Hug for you Titi hugs I believe that it's not an easy life, being a boss, but you'll manage Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.07.10 10:31

Je suis heureux mes amies de vous dire que je viens de recevoir une très bonne nouvelle hier. Après la déception d'avoir raté à mon concours, j'ai quand même appris que j'ai été reçu dans le master préparant le concours pour les professeurs d'histoire-géographie. Donc, ravi car je ne perds pas d'année et peut retenter le concours dès l'année prochaine. Je suis aux anges. J'espère que pour vous toutes, tout va bien. En tout cas, je vous envoie des ondes de bonheur.

I am happy my friends to say to you that I have just received a very good piece of news yesterday. After the disappointment to have failed in my competition, I learnt all the same that I was received in the Master's degree preparing the competition for the professors of history - geography. Thus, delighted because I do not lose of year and can reattempt the competition from next year onwards. I am in the seventh heaven. I hope that for you all, everything is well. In any case, I send you waves of happiness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.07.10 14:19

Good news FX!!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: