View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.10 8:44

Michelle, if a friendship lasts for a long time, some quarrels are inevitable, the good thing is that they cant destroy the friendship! Im so happy that you have found such a friend and I want to hear more details on the soap-opera!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   17.09.10 18:45

Haha, girls, this is and at the same time isn´t a soap opera Very Happy I´d rather say, it´s a big puzzle as for where it is going Laughing

Yes, we are best friends, yet there are also so many things which we (especially my friend) tell to eachother which even "just good friends" don´t ... And I must confess, it does confuse me at times, although I´m used to the fact that he´s more sensitive than any other guy I´ve ever met. Just like last night when he told me he loves me (not in "that" meaning, I suppose Smile ) and doesn´t want to lose me... That he feels that he´s treated me badly lately and wants me to know that I mean a lot to him and that he´s just afraid of losing me.... It was very sweet from him to say that and yes, I felt happy but also a bit confused when thinking about it afterwards...

Anyway, weekend ahead Smile Though I have some work to do for school, but more peaceful atmosphere at home Smile

Wishing all a lovely weekend! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.10.10 17:55

Today is the election day for President, Governor, Senator, congressman and state in my country. In Brazil voting is mandatory and those who do not justify the failure to bear the consequences, for example, a series of fines and restrictions. The electoral battle here is quite large. On one hand, we have the candidate of the government(Dilma Rousseff)), which has a dark past in guerrilla and terrorism and, in the other sides, we have a liberal Democrat and a supposed champion of green causes(José Serra and Marina Silva). The latter two have the commitment to ethics while the first represents what is worst in political populism and paternalism, not to mention the defense alliance $ $ $ $ with states autocratics and corrupt.

The fight is difficult because the candidate of the government has the state machinery to sue for all but at least if will be a second round(very difficult to happen) of the thing has already improved.

I'm really affraid what will be happen here if Dilma wins...

zandor
Daft Punk

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.10.10 18:23

At this writing (15:25) have been made 398 arrests across the country because they are committing electoral crimes ...

mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 6:35

My finger cross for the better one, and I wish finally in Brasil will be safe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 10:24

I didnt know voting in Brasil is mandatory. What might be the consequences if you dont go to elections?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 11:44

If someone can not vote, for reasons of health or travel, he will have to justify. But, if he won't justified, in this case he will have to pay a tax in addition to suffering a series of restrictions in public life: he can not study at public universities, can not participate open exams, public buildings, can not receive loans from official banks and etc..

The good news is going to have second round here. Thus, the official candidate of the government was forced to "wear the flip flop of humility" because the victory is not certain.

What bothers me is to see the bunch of idiots for presidents of Latin America (except Colombia and Peru) who openly rooting for official candidate just to receive $ $ $ $ and political support in Brazil. They are a gang of blood suckers!

quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 13:56

Good luck with the elections, Iza. I saw the Brazil elections were on BBC World News this morning, but I didn't catch the entire story.

In case anyone is wondering, I didn't get the job I interviewed for. I wasn't too sad, because my studies are taking a lot of my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 17:13

I'm sorry Kiki - better luck next time!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.10.10 17:17

zandor wrote:
Today is the election day for President, Governor, Senator, congressman and state in my country. In Brazil voting is mandatory and those who do not justify the failure to bear the consequences, for example, a series of fines and restrictions. The electoral battle here is quite large. On one hand, we have the candidate of the government(Dilma Rousseff)), which has a dark past in guerrilla and terrorism and, in the other sides, we have a liberal Democrat and a supposed champion of green causes(José Serra and Marina Silva). The latter two have the commitment to ethics while the first represents what is worst in political populism and paternalism, not to mention the defense alliance $ $ $ $ with states autocratics and corrupt.

The fight is difficult because the candidate of the government has the state machinery to sue for all but at least if will be a second round(very difficult to happen) of the thing has already improved.

I'm really affraid what will be happen here if Dilma wins...

iza, i read this and if feels like a mix between romania under communism and romania now. grrrrrrrrrmur i am so sorry to see things suck a lot for you guys too. and i know what you mean about the guys in power having the machine by their side.
right now i am so sick of politicians i would kill them gladly. kill them all and start over because honestly otherwise i don't think there is a way to really get rid of all the thieves that are in politics in romania nowadays .
i am keeping my fingers crossed for your country iza !!! may the lesser evil win !!!

kiki, better luck in the future !!! and good luk with school!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.10.10 8:02

Second roud it's always something!!! I hope the moreale in Brasil will be better, and finally the better one will win!!!!! Finger crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.10.10 14:18

I had a totally lovely night on Friday. We made a little party at a flat where we live, because now my former roommate from a dorm and her friend moved in to one room, so all at once I have friends in the house. This was kind of a "move-in party", although for me with a two-year-delay, LOL.
There were just six people altogether - we three girls as the hosts, another girl who used to live with my former roommate in the dorm, my colleague and best friend I often mentioned here and my boss. The girls baked pizza and made some yummy dessert (not me, I have troubles even with making a tea, LOL) and we had such an amazing time. We laughed a lot and it felt so carefree and cheerful. Im still so happy about it! The guys seemed to enjoy it as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.10.10 21:30

titi, that sounds like fun. i have not thrown a party in i don't even remember how long. i think mostly because i hate to have to clean up after. i think i miss it. i will put it on my to do in the not so long future list.

i was out last night and it turned out quite fun. i kinda needed a night out. so i went to a concert with my hubby and a friend and there we met one more person we knew. the band playing were so good. i mean i did expect them to be but they were better then i thought. the lead singer was cute and the drummer was cute too.
at some point a girl behind me started yelling " hey, drummer boy, heyyyyy ". i don't know if it's funny said like this, but there, in a moment of silence was hilarious.

and also me and the girls i was with were going on about how cute the singer was and we were wondering if he would look good with his shirt of ( people who know me are now all Rolling Eyes - really, this again? Razz ). so my hubby started yelling at some point " dude take the shirt of already 'cause my girls are boring me with this ".
and after the concert we stayed there for some more beers and danced.
and in the morning i went to pick up my mom from the train station since she came to visit.

so i am deep into new job, new school and my mom for a visit. please keep your fingers crossed i don't kill myself, or on the off chance you were hoping for this to happen this might be your lucky week lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   19.10.10 12:45

Hy everyone!
I was missing lately, I was very busy with my studies. Now I'm in my 2nd year MBA level, I've done some internships, volunteering and now I'm working too. I'm writing projects with EU funding, and from february I will study in Portugal. In the summer I was a volunteer in a kindergarten for rroma children. (if you're interested in some thoughts of mine about this, you can read it here)
I've seen Brian's new programmes, I think they have the potential, and I'm hoping for a fantastic season for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   19.10.10 14:11

Good to see you Emesse - gosh, have you been busy?!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.10.10 10:09

Great to see you here again, Emi!!! It is cool that you are going to study in Portugal! Good luck to you with all your projects!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.10.10 12:15

Hey Emi! Good to see you! Have fun studying in Portugal. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.10.10 19:25

em is one busy bee, but a crazy and fun busy bee !!

i feel so weird this year. it's the first winter since the euros in warsaw that i will not be attending any competitions. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   20.10.10 21:33

irina_something wrote:

i feel so weird this year. it's the first winter since the euros in warsaw that i will not be attending any competitions. pale
same for me i guess No (if you don't count the small nht in september). it really does feel weird!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   21.10.10 10:26

irina_something wrote:

I will take you skating kisses dear Irina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   21.10.10 17:21

emessse wrote:
irina_something wrote:

I will take you skating kisses dear Irina

yes, i am really forward to the ice rinks opening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   28.10.10 23:06

why is it that there are not more hours in a day? so that i can incorporate completely useless stuff in it and not end up going to bed at 4 in the morning?
i mean really, is it so much to ask to be able to in a day - go to work, see your friends, talk to friends from a far on the phone, talk to mother on the phone, do something together with hubby, go on the internet and surf the pages you like, read something so you don't feel you're going sillier by the minute, catch up with some scientific stuff for work, listen to some good music and also get some rest.
is that too much? hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.11.10 3:36

Aw, Irina! I know how you feel! Sometimes it seems impossible to fit it all in... One thing at a time, I guess!! hugs

....Hiiiii everyone!!! I know i haven't been on the board alot lately, been so busy!! Not much time for computer surfing and such!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.11.10 11:02

oh, yes, Irina, it is way too much, haha Razz

i also find it difficult to put all the stuff in one day, so i often dont manage it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.11.10 21:27

heidi, it's good to see you !!!

titi, i know it is too much but i wish it wasn't !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: