View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   25.07.10 21:21

Gis...I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in La Rochelle and that you had precious time to see your son and his wife. Experiences like that are priceless.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   26.07.10 11:39

Irina, I wont kick you in the ass, and thanks for your virtual hug, it is just adorable!

Of course I feel a lot better now than at the time of my previous post. Actually my bad mood lasted only for one day (also thanks to your support) and mostly had root in exhaustion. Last week I spent a few days at home (after two months!) and it was cool to have some rest (although it still wasnt the rest Id probably need - sleeping three days in a row, LOL).

Now Im back at work, and making too many plans... about TEB and Europeans and so on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirecki
Untouchable

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   26.07.10 12:16

@ Gis : Cela me fait trop bizarre de te tutoyer alors que tes enfants sont plus vieux que moi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   26.07.10 13:01

@ Mirecki , lol! tu peux être ma fille ainsi que de nombreuses membres du BJDG et ça ne me gêne pas le tutoiement ,une habitude sur les forums , mdr !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   26.07.10 16:16

Has anyone noticed that we are approaching 600 members!!!! manga38

A reminder (to all those inclined to attend), our first summer Tchat session is this Thursday, July 29th, from 3 to 7 p.m (board time --- French time). Hoping I'll see, at least, some of our members there!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   27.07.10 11:50

I'll definitely be at the chat Mary. Thanks so much for the reminder. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   29.07.10 14:36

For those who are interested, the chat room is open; I'll be there for the next 4-plus hours. That's 15:00 to 19:00, by international time standards, lol.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.08.10 12:27

As some of you might have read on facebook, I suffered an injury on Friday - I sprained my ankle. Unfortunately this happens to me like in every three or four years as I have loose ligaments in my ankles and my ankle tends to twist easily... However, I have already forgotten how painful it can be, LOL. On Friday it was quite okay, after the very first wave of pain i could concentrate on work and stuff, but on Saturday morning I could barely stand up so Id better went to the doctor. The hospital is 10 minutes walk from my place but it took me over 45 mins this time - BUT!!!! I was faster than a 90-year-old lady! Hah! I still rock, even injured!!! LOL!!!!

It was an interesting experience at the hospital as Im not used to going to doctors, so I found all the people and stories at the ER so interesting, worth of writing a book, LOL. I had X-rays and they said my leg is not broken (I knew it already, blah) and put some bandage on it and that was all. Saturday was still quite painful but yesterday it was much better and now its really good - almost no pain, although I still walk with a limp.

And my feelings and thoughts are also veeeeeeeeeery complicated, as usually, LOL... white bunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.08.10 13:48

Look after yourself Titi - a sprain can be as difficult sometimes as a break (or so I have heard, I've only ever had breaks!!)

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.08.10 16:37

Titi, recovery you well, I find that sprains more painful than a break.
Who followed the European championships of athletics?
I am going to make a cock-a-doodle-doo ( êtes vous sure de la bonne traduction mdr ?), our team was incredible, she broke its record: 18 medals clap !!!
I have scratchy voice so much that I howled, my neighbours had to tell themselves that I was to be mad lol! !!
This is good after the crushing defeat of the team of France of football and their fatuous behaviour rage !

Titi , remets toi bien , je trouve que les entorses plus douloureuse qu'une cassure .
Qui a suivi les championnats d'Europe d'athlétisme ?
Je vais faire un cocorico , notre équipe a été incroyable , elle a battu son record : 18 médailles !!!
J'ai la voix éraillée tellement que j'ai hurlé , mes voisins ont dû se dire que je devais être folle diable !!
Ça fait du bien après la déroute de l'équipe de France de foot et leur comportement imbécile rage !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.08.10 16:39

Wow! Titi....sprained ankle...ouch! No While there may not be much in the way of pain, at this point, don't become to bold and go back to walking with confidence right away. Keep it elevated as much as is possible and put an ice pack on it for twenty minutes a couple times a day. Do that for, at least, the next two weeks. It takes roughly 6 weeks for the overtly stretched ligments and tendons to heal completely, and with each re-injury the length of healing time gets longer and longer. It sounds like you've done this same thing more than once, lol, so don't try to return to your usual level of activity as soon as you would like. Give your ankle the necessary time to heal as completely as it can, in so much that it is a previously injured joint.

I know all too well what you are up against, lol, I face that situation on a regular basis. My right ankle is a mess of loose ligaments; I have a ganglion cyst to prove it, LOL. Even now, if I set my foot down just the wrong way (by accident) the joint will collapse, rolling over to the outside, usually. Sometimes there's a twinge of pain which reminds me to be more carefull.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.08.10 12:15

Oh Titi, feel better soon. I've sprained one of my ankles several times (when I played basketball), so I know how painful it is. Do what Mary said, keep it elevated and ice it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.08.10 15:35

Andi I am soo sorry for you and your loss Sad Take care hugs
Titi, you get well soon!
As for me I'm having marvellous holidays with the best friends I could ever have Very Happy Honestly. And in 3 weeks time I'm leaving for Malaga in Spain as I'm going to study in Spain for 1 semester. Actually I can't believe in it even now but still can't wait for it!! Tkae care guys Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirecki
Untouchable

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.08.10 8:15

Ma nièce (Lola) est née cette nuit !!! C'est la premiere fille après deux petit garçon !!! Very Happy

@ Mamouna38 : Moi j'ai pas regardé, je n'ai vu ça qu'aux infos Wink Mais je suis contente quand meme !!

My niece (Lola) was born that night !! This is the first girl after two boy !! : D

@ Mamouna38: I have not looked, I saw it as news;) But even when I'm happy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.08.10 17:41

Mes félicitations pour ta cette belle nouvelle. Joie aux parents, grands-parents et à l'heureuse tante. Wink

Gis, j'ai bien regardé et j'étais très heureux pour notre belle équipe de France. Ouah ouh, mon côté très chauvin a été satisfait. Wink Very Happy

Sinon, me revoilà sur le forum après bien des problèmes avec cet ordi qui est tombé en panne. Aujourd'hui, c'est de l'histoire ancienne, le revoilà et en forme. Wink

My congratulations for your this beautiful piece of news. Enjoyment to the parents, the grandparents and to the happy aunt. Wink

Gis, I looked well and I was very happy for our beautiful French team. Wow ouh, my very chauvinistic side was satisfied. Wink Very Happy

Otherwise, here I am again on the forum after many problems with this ordi which broke down. Today, that's ancient history, here it is again and in shape. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Love2Smile
ma gueule

Number of posts : 1392

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   07.08.10 20:16

Hello, everyone!!

Titi, sorry to hear about your sprained ankle... What a bummer! Feel better soon!!

I have had the most unbelievable last couple of weeks...! Good things, amazing things, and awful things, all at once....
First, I taught and skated during a 2 week skating "camp", and it was wonderful- I enjoyed it so much! My students did well and passed all their tests at the test session, and I passed my senior moves in the field! I've been wanting to do that for so long and it finally worked out that I could accomplish that goal. Very Happy
Then, got the news that my brother in law was diagnosed with lymphoma.... Such a shock to me and my whole family... I hope and pray that everything will turn out okay and that he is able to fight this...

The week after that, a big dream came true for me... I am now working on a freedance w/ a fellow coach! We've been team coaching one of my students for a while and now it has now worked out that we are putting a program together for my first freedance test. I am so excited!!!

Andi, please accept my condolances... Take care and big hug to you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.poeticwanderings.wordpress.com
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   07.08.10 20:17

For some time, our Russian friends know unprecedented fires due to a heat wave Moscow is in a thick fog, flames are not far! I am any heart with Nastusha and our friends kisses who live in a fear! I hope that the reinforcements are going to be able to put out them! I saw on a report that Polish fire brigades arrived to help, France sent persons to see what we can make! I hope that the other countries are going to be able to help!

Depuis quelques temps , nos amis russes connaissent des incendies sans précédent dû à une canicule ! Moscou est dans un brouillard épais , les flammes ne sont pas loin!Je suis tout coeur avec Nastusha et nos amies qui vivent dans une angoisse !J'espère que les renforts vont pouvoir les éteindre !J'ai vu sur un reportage que des pompiers polonais arrivaient pour aider ,la France a envoyé des personnes pour voir ce que nous pouvons faire! J'espère que d'autres pays vont pouvoir aider !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   07.08.10 21:06

I've been following these horrendous fires online. Here's once source, complete with a photo:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/moscows-smog-worsens-airports-recover/411872.html Citizens of Moscow are walking around with masks on their faces, trying to combat the difficulties in breathing the particulate matter in the air. The photo accompanying that article is truly shocking, to think that anybody could breath that stuff and not be harmed in some way. My heart goes out of all of the Russian citizens who are dealing with this stuff.

Unfortunately, I think it could be quite a long time before the firefighters get the fires in those peat bogs dowsed with enough water to put them out. The forest fires are easier to control, to some extent but, by no means, as easy task, either. The country is suffering through an unprecidented heat wave....nothing quite like it since they've been keeping records dating back 134 years! In addition to the fires there are significant crop failures due to lack of rain. An incredible number of people are being affected by this and will continue to be so through the up-coming winter, long after the fires are finally extinguished.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   08.08.10 14:36

Between fires in Russia & floods in Pakistan (& much more as well).......there are many in the world needing our good wishes.

Including Heidi's brother in law......also congratulations on your recent skating successes Heidi!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelina
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4654
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   08.08.10 17:55

@Titi: Get well soon!

Nice to see u again, Heidi!
May God give power to your brother in law to fight with his health problem! God bless him, you and your familly!

@ Sheena: I agree with u!
May God help all the people who is in danger!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   22.08.10 20:16

How are you?
I am in excellent health, it is nice and hot but I have a feeling that storms are going to burst (it should not exist except the rain).
I hope that for our Russian friends roads go well, I saw reports on fires, supporting, are flooded due to rains in Moscow.
Heat wave, smoke, fires and torrential rains more the temperature which took down......

Comment allez-vous ?
Je me porte à merveille , il fait beau et chaud mais je sens que les orages vont éclater (cela ne devrait pas exister sauf la pluie ... ) .
J'espère que pour nos amies russes vont bien ,j'ai vu des reportages sur les incendies , maintenant , les routes sont inondées dû à des pluies à Moscou .
La canicule , , la fumée ,les incendies et des pluies torrentielles plus la température qui a descendu ......

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   23.08.10 10:25

J'espère que pour nos amis russes, ces incendies ne seont bientôt qu'un mauvais souvenir ainsi que toutes les catstarophes liées. Je pense bien à vous mes amis.

I hope that for our Russian friends, these fires no soon seont that a bad memory as well as all the connected catstarophes. I indeed think to you of my friends.

Sinon pour moi, c'est la fête. Je vais en profiter pour m'accorder quelques jours de congés. Je vais partir en Bretagne deux-trois jours chez mon oncle à partir de mardi soir et ce jusqu'au jeudi midi. Ensuite, je reviens dans ma bonne ville avant de repartir encore quelques jours en Charente vers Angoulême. Bref, un peu de repos avant la grosse reprise de Septembre. Wink

Otherwise for me, it is the holiday. I am going to take advantage of it to grant me a few days of vacation. I am going to leave for Brittany two-three days to my uncle from Tuesday evening and it until Thursday noon. Then, I return in my good city before leaving still a few days in Charente towards Angoulême. In brief, a little of rest before the big resumption of September. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   29.08.10 16:54

Hi, guys! Long time no see Smile
As the season is coming closer, I'll be looking into this forum and probably making some posts more frequently Wink
Also I'm glad to tell you some of my own news. The biggest one is probably my leaving for France on September 1st. I'll be going to Chambery, to study during the fall semester in the University of Savoie (Erasmus exchange program). I'm very much looking forward to this, but at the same time I'm very nervous. Mostly because I'm a newbie at French language but almost all of my lectures (except for Spanish) will be in French Embarassed I know I'm crazy LOL But as they say the crazy ones rule the world, the scardy ones only a small corner Smile
Anyways, as I'll be in France, I'll probably try to attend some FS competitions/shows. For now I'm thinking about going to TEB, in December to French Nationals and maybe also to the Courchevel winter gala. Fingers crossed! But since my this year's university project is about figure skating and it's connection with tourism then it would be great to see all these things in live Smile

That's about it for now. I'll try to let you know how thing are going in Chambery when my comp will get some internet connection Smile

I send you all a big hug hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   29.08.10 18:05

Hi Krista!

Have a great time in France for he next few months!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   29.08.10 18:24

Krista, Chambéry is a pretty city and does not hesitate to visit the region if you have time. I am sure that you are going to succeed in understanding French, lol!
I find well these programmes of exchanges!
Krista, Chambéry est une jolie ville et n'hésite pas de visiter la région si tu as du temps libre . Je suis sûre que tu vas réussir à comprendre le français ,lol!
Je trouve bien ces programmes d'échanges !
kisses

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: