View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.04.12 16:04

Thanks for posting the link to your photos of Nice, Gis. It's great to see that you took pics of something other than figure skating lol. It looks like a neat old city!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.04.12 23:48

hello everyone !
i am back and stuck with catching up at work. i hope this weekend i will post some photos and some gossip about Nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.04.12 15:51

and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150720274259875.430614.734784874&type=1&l=ec37f93006

Embarassed

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.04.12 18:31

Your pics are great, Gis!
I've only been to Nice once, for a wedding, and didn't have much time for sightseeing - looks like I deffinitely have to do this next time!

My boyfriend (he's a flight attendant) just told me he had some chinese skaters on the flight to Bejing last Monday. He doesn't remember the names, though, so I might have to show him some pictures to find out who it was Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   06.04.12 10:26

What a great photos Gis. Thank you for sharing this Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F1orult
James Bond

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.04.12 20:44

Hello everyone,
i'm sorry i haven't been around for a while. Maybe some of you remember to my last comment, when i told what happened with my father and my dog... Well, the life is more cruel.. Around Christmas, my mother started to lose weight.. We known in the middle of february, she has lung cancer.. The doctor said, if they not operate my mom, she will live about 5-6 months. We got a shock.
The doctors removed of her right side lung, with the pleura and part of the pericardium a months ago. Two weeks after surgery, i can't go to the hospital because of the influenza epidemic. And we can't talk on phone too, because she was on the intensive.. It was a terrible period also..
Now she is very weak and tired, she can't walk. i really don't know, what will happen..
In this situation i don't want and i can't speak my friends (i have only 2-3 truly),i guess i'm going to lose them, because i can't "chitchat". In my hard times, they said always, "you have to be optimistic, everything will be ok", i've had enough of this. At the same time, it makes me feel bad, that nobody ask me, "how are you, because you are disappeared" or something similar.. Strange. i know it's my fault, because i always was shy etc., so everybody forgot me.
Ohh, and it seems i'm going to lose my job at the end of the month.. i'm fed up with life
Take care Girls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://napfordulo.wordpress.com
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.04.12 22:34

andi, what happened to you and your loved ones is terrible. you are not the one supposed to be able to chitchat to keep your friends. your true friends are the ones that are supposed to talk to you about silly things, about important things or just shut up and be around you.
you are not to blame for being shy, you are born with your temperament ( i hope the word means the same in english as in romanian ).

and any sane person will not feel optimistic in such circumstances. but you gotta fight because that is the only option, but that does not mean you can not cry or you can not despair from time to time.

just call one person you feel close to and say that you feel shitty and that you need support. you do not have to be a good company right now.

i hope so much that you will find the strength.

if it's not definite that you will loose your job, work on that, see what you can do.

and feel free to be as depressing as you want here on the forum or even send me a pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.04.12 12:20

Oh Andi, I'm so sorry for all your troubles in life. I wish I could wave a magic wand & fix everything for you - don't forget your friends here, we don't forget you. hugs to you from Ireland...

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.04.12 12:38

Ohhh Andi!!! What a sad stroy, I can't find any word to cheer you up. Loosing everything what you care is un fair and depressed.
But I belive that you are strong and breave. Your mom is weak it's normal - but she is still a life and it is the one optimistic news, you must remeber it. hugs You are always in our mind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.05.12 16:37

Andi....If your friends are true friends they will be there for you no matter what happens. If they get upset with you and shut you out merely because you're not up to making "chitchat", then they aren't you true friends. It's time to tell them, "See you....sometime" and go out into the world and make new friends, no matter how hard that may be for you. Is it scarey? You bet it is, but put one foot in front of the other and repeat that action until you find other people who share your same interests. Hang out around those people, ask them questions about your favorite pasttimes, hobbies....whatever. Each day that you do this the process gets a little easier and before you know it...you've got people you can hang out with and get support from and can count on to be there for you.

Of course...you can always come to BJDG. Granted it's online, and not face-to-face in real time but we do care about what happens to our BJDG family even though some of us have never met each other, face-to-face.

I'm so very sorry that all these bad times have happened to you and your family. Unfortunately, that's the way living life really is, sometimes. I know how extremely hard it is to cope with a seriously ill family member (some of the other BJDG members have had similiar horrible situations happen in their families, too). We really are here for you whenever you need us. You can "talk" to us on the "Everything else" part of the forum or privately, by PM. While the situation with your mother may not turn out the way you'd like it to, don't give up hope that you can't survived on your own. You can! and you will, although it may not seem that way now. Just hang in there....that's all it takes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   14.05.12 18:34

Oh Andi. hugs I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said by the other ladies, but if you want to talk, PM me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   30.06.12 15:41

I hope that everything is well for you, here everything is well!! At the moment, my elder daughter and sn new lover are on holidays to us!! Yippee!!!
Eric and his wife Cécile came to Lyon for conferences for companies and they took advantage to come to see us with Vicky who grew well, walks on all four (she knows what she wants, lol)!!

My daughter Gaëlle got married to San Francisco (both families not being present nor his French close friends, there will be a big ceremony next year!

If you are on Facebook you had to see photos!
J'espère que tout va bien pour vous ,ici tout va bien!! En ce moment ,ma fille aînée et sn nouvel amoureux sont en vacances chez nous!! Youpi!!!
Eric et son épouse Cécile sont venus à Lyon pour des conférences pour les entreprises et ils ont profité de venir nous voir avec Vicky qui a bien grandie , marche à quatre pattes ( elle sait ce qu'elle veut ,lol) !!

Ma fille Gaëlle s'est mariée à San -Francisco ( les deux familles n'étant pas présentes ni ses amies proches françaises ,il y aura une grande cérémonie l'année prochaine!

Si vous êtes sur Facebook vous avez dû voir des photos!

Andi, I am saddened to read terrible news which your family crosses!! Courage, if you need to discuss, does not hesitate to come here..
Andi , je suis navrée de lire les terrible nouvelles que ta famille traverse!! Courage ,si tu as besoin de discuter ,n'hésite pas de venir ici ..

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.07.12 19:40

gis, i indeed sen the photos ! i am happy for you and your family !

i am slowly melting away in cluj. i mean, come on, if i have no sea next to me and the possibility to swim in it, they should really turn the heat down a notch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.07.12 20:48

Let me tell you about HEAT!!!! On Friday June 29th my area of the world, namely Central Ohio, was hit by a monster storm with 75 to 82 mile per hour winds, rain, hail. This is hurricane force stuff! My electric power, as well as 660,000 other people in the state of Ohio, lost it. The heat the previous week ranged from 93 degrees to 100 degrees! On last Friday the temperatures were around 96 degrees; about 6:30 in the early evening this massive storm lashed our area. Huge hundred year old trees were uprooted, limbs snapped off trees, power lines came down, along with the poles that held them. The destruction to trees was nearly unbelievable. Luckily, I didn't lose that many trees; the ones that were damaged, except for one, were small enough for me to cut up with a small wood-cutting saw. The big wind stripped a length of new siding from the back of my house. The wind picked up heavy lawn furniture and tossed it 25 feet away.

The electric power was off until Monday of this week; it finaly came back on just before 7 in the evening. With the power off, all the food in my refridgerator spoiled and had to be thrown out. Bags of ice, which had been plentiful the day after the storm, dwindled to nothing. If I hadn't gotten 2 of the largest bags of ice, plus 3 smaller ones, I would not have been able to go back to the market to get more the next day. One critical problem for me, my water comes from a well which is powered by electricity....no power, no water. Getting water for the many cats I've rescued over the last 7 years was a nightmare, and when I found a source of water, just across the street from a neighbor who had city water, it was so full of chlorine ( a chemical used to purify the water in some cities) that my cat weren't drinking enough during this heat wave to keep them fully hydrated). I had 4 cats with heat emergencies due the excessive heat and the fact that they weren't drinking enough water. It has been a horrible experience wondering, praying that the most vulnerable cats can, somehow, hold on till power is restored and they can drink their normal amount of water. One of the older cats, who is 12, has respiratory problems and this heat and humidity has been very hard on him; so far he's hanging in but I don't know how much this situation has reduced his ability to survive. As of yesterday only 60 percent of the people who lost electric power had it back. Some people will not get their power back until Sunday or Monday of next week. There are whole small cities to the east of me that are completely shut down due to no electric to provide city services.

With my power back on, all of my cats are comfortable again, finally, but we still have very high outside temperatures...today it is 97 degrees, at the moment! I was finally able to restock my refridgerator with food! YAY!!! lol Still, there are many people in the central eastern portions of the US who do not have electric power...this mega-storm also barreled through the states of West Virginia, Virginia, the District of Columbis (where the nation's capital is located), Maryland and North Carolina. At one point, more than 3 million people were without electric power!!! This has been reduced, somewhat, but many of those folks won't get electric back until next week.

Irina, mentioned how how her area of the world is.....hot is even hotter when you don't have air conditioning or electric fans, running, to cool you down. If any of you pray, please do so for the millions of people in the eastern US who still do not have power; to date, 26 people have died.

Sooooo.... if anyone wanted to know why I haven't been online, here...that's why.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.07.12 13:54

Gosh, am I glad (yet again!) that I live in small little Ireland of the moderate climate - though we have had some torrdential rain & flooding. My Mother had no phone line after a thunderstorm last Thursday, she now has one phone working again but the rest (including alarm & internet) are to be repaired tommorrow.

Hope everyone else is keeping well & safe....

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.07.12 23:23

Does anyone have some news from Saori ? I sent her a message few weeks ago and no answer.. scratch

Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.08.12 14:46

Mes chers amis du BJDG, je n'ai pas pu venir depuis plusieurs années du simple fait que je passais mon concours afin de devenir enseignant, mais ceci est chose maintenant révolue, car j'ai obtenu mon CAPES mention histoire et géographie. Je serai donc enseignant d'Histoire et Géographie à la rentrée du mois de septembre au lycée, dans ma ville. Je suis heureux de vous faire partager ma joie et de vous dire que j'ai souvent pensé à vous, à la joie de pouvoir reparler à mes ami(e)s du BJDG. C'est une nouvelle page qui s'ouvre enfin pour moi ! ENFIN !! Le travail paie toujours et les efforts fournis sont alors récompensés Danseuse01 dance

My dear friends of the BJDG, I was not able to come for several years only because of the fact that I spent my exam) to become teaching, but this is past maintaining thing matter, because I obtained my CAPES mention history and geography. I shall thus be teaching of History and Geography at the start of the school year of September at the high school, in my city. I am happy to make you share my enjoyment and to say to you that I often thought of you, the enjoyment to be able to speak again in my friend of the BJDG. It is the new page which opens finally for me! FINALLY!! The work always pays and the supplied efforts are then rewarded. Danseuse01 dance

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   04.08.12 15:30

Congrats!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.08.12 14:14

Well done Fx & welcome back!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   05.08.12 21:16

Way to go, FX!!!! Congratulations on receiving your teaching permit. cheers I hope you'll find a wee bit of time to visit with us and keep us posted as to how you like teaching.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   06.08.12 12:13

Je suis très heureuse pour toi et tu le sais mon petit pépère( je lui ai donné ce surnom sur Facebook) !
Well done pépère and welcome back!
Laughing

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   07.08.12 21:49

hi everybody !!!

i finally have a little bit of a down time. i finally finished the nutrition school. i mean i took the last session of exams and i finalized my diploma paper. in september i will have to present the paper and take the diploma exam.
but for now i just go to my job which seems like down time since my free time is free now Smile

i've been on a week and a half of vacation. i just went to visit my mother and my home town. but since i used to live by the sea side it was also beach and swimming time for me.

so now i am trying to catch up with the latest news on the net.

congrats francois !!!

how are you all doing ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   14.08.12 8:56

Congrats Francois and good job Irina Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   14.08.12 20:22

Good Job Irina !!!! Thanks a lot my dear friends !!!

Gis : J'adore ce surnom !!!! Je te fais plein de bisous rien que pour toi. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.08.12 12:42

bisousfleurs petit Pépère!!
Good job Irina!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: