AuthorMessage
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.08.12 22:10

Welcome back FX !

Good job Irina !

ps : don't tell anyone, but I'm very lazy at this time.. I didn't finish the new design yet.. Shame on me !

mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   18.08.12 12:35

Don't worry !! You are always the best so we can wait for your creation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   18.08.12 18:51

i wish i knew the cure for laziness. not only it would improve my life drastically but it would also make me rich Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.09.12 13:38

Finally good news! Danseuse01

Next friday I'm going to USA with my dad! Bye bye Rio and hello New York! YAY!!!! crazy I'm going to spend almost 20 days on New York, Washington and Boston. Happy Dance! Banane I can't wait for it! Broadway shows, shoppings and everything here I GOOOOOO! dance

Kisses and hugs to all!
white bunny

quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.09.12 14:45

Oh Iza, I hope you have a fantastic time!!! Smile How long are you going to be in NYC? Maybe I could take the train down and see you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.12 12:03

Kiki, it will be great to meet you! kisses

I'm gonna spend 13 days on NY than I will go to Washington and Boston for 6 days.

Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.12 15:38

Hope you have a wonderful time in New York Isa, you deserve some fun!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.12 17:40

Thank you, Sheena! cheers

I want to go a lot of places: museums, shows, restaurant, shoppings and etc. I'm affraid that I won't have time enough to do all things I want Smile crazy

irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.12 20:25

iza, have a great time my dear ! and i do hope you get to at least one broadway show and tell us all about it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   13.09.12 22:38

Hi, dear Irina! kisses

In fact, I'm planning to go at 5 or 6 Broadway shows, my favorites:

1. Book of Mormons

2. Wicked

3. Sister Act

4. Mamma Mia

5. Mary Poppins

6. No it's not Phantom of Opera, lol. Too much figure skating music to me. I still don't know yet the number 6, do you have any idea?

irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   14.09.12 12:43

i wouldn't go to phantom of the opera either Razz but is it still running ? i am pretty sure after all the figure skating programs carmen and phantom of the opera are not for me to listen to anymore. well, unless they retire the music for at least 10 years and then maybe i could listen to it again Razz
have fun !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.09.12 1:24

YAY, Iza!!!! Have a fantastic time in the US. You will love, love, love Sister Act and Mamma Mia; the latter show, especially, will have you up and dancing in the aisles. I saw one of the travelling companies for it last year and it was superb. Seeing it in NYC would be the icing on the cake!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.09.12 13:50

Have a great time in the USA, Iza!!!!!!!!!!!
Wink

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   27.09.12 13:19

Tadaaaa, do you still remember me??? Embarassed

I cant believe i havent been here since March, but I hope now Im back, because the season starts. The first thread I came to read was this one, because I wondered whats going on with my BJDG friends, although with many of them Im in touch also via Facebook.

Im glad to hear good news, Im sad to hear bad news.

As for me, the last few months have been kind of an emotional rollercoaster for me. In May my grandma died. In the last few weeks she felt very bad, it was a horrible time. We had to make some difficult decisions. But now there is no reason to think "what if". All I can believe in is that she is now in peace and with no pain.

I cant be grateful enough for a friend who was with me in those hard times. He was there when I learnt the bad news and his strenght gave me strenght too.

Then, the Olympics came. I was waiting and working for this since 2005, when London get the right to organize the Olympics. I did everything to reach this aim and finally - I was there! It was a fantastic experience. Ive learnt so much about sports journalism, I was present at amazing races and games, Ive worked more than anytime before but I had only two crisises (one small and one bigger one) and there was no real meltdown. I was so-so-so proud of myself and all the London experience gave me huge inspiration and energy.

When I returned, I became kind of a celebrity, LOL. It was the first time since 1980 that our newspaper (so that the Hungarian community in Slovakia) had a reporter at the Games, so I was invited to the radio and the TV... There was also an interview with me in a magazine and a discussion with me in my home town... I have to say that popularity is cool, but Im glad that now I can be the interviewer and not the interviewee, LOL.

So, thats what happened to me in brief. I hope you still consider me for a friend, even though I couldnt come here in the last few months. I thought about BJDG many times!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   27.09.12 18:13

Welcome back dear Titi!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   27.09.12 20:14

hmmm, titi who ? Razz

well, i guess i don't count, cause not only do we talk via facebook but we also talked in real life in nice. kisses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   28.09.12 2:14

YAY!!!! Titi's back!!!!

I've been wondering where you've been, although I suspected your absence was work-related, and considering how many responsiblities you carry, now, I'm not all that surprised that you haven't had much time for BJDG. I'm sooo glad you got to go to the Olympics as a reporter. What an experience that must have been! You will remember it for the rest of your life even though you may get to return for others; the first one is always most special.

I'm looking forward to your input on the new skating season as it opens and continues, each competition one right after the other.

In other words, WELCOME BACK, Titi!!!!

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   28.09.12 18:23

Welcome back Titi ,Happy that you could go to the Olympic Games of London and cheers for your celebrity! lol!
In this moment, we renovate our house, to remake the kitchen, the bathroom.
We will continue work in a few months!!
This year, I will not see the safe skating with the TV!!

In November, we will see our oldest daughter!
My son and his small family return on Lyon!!
YAY!! Vicky was one year old and it goes!!!!!!!!
Hop en français car ........ la tarduction ne doit pas être terrible

hide8up

Heureuse que tu as pu aller aux Jeux Olympiques de Londres et bravos pour ta célébrité !lol!
En ce moment, nous rénovons notre maison , refaire la cuisine , la salle de bain..
Nous continuerons les travaux dans quelques mois!!
Cette année ,je n'irai pas voir le patinage sauf à la tv!!

Au mois de Novembre ,nous allons voir notre fille aînée !
Mon fils et sa petite famille reviennent sur Lyon!!
YAY !! Vicky a eu un an et elle marche !!!!!!!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   14.10.12 12:11

The renovations of the kitchen and of the room are practically finished! We will continue jobs little by little!
My husband stops me because I would like to change pieces of furniture, lol, by saying to me that we don't have earn in lottery (damage, lol)
How are you?
Les rénovations de la cuisine et de la salle sont pratiquement finies !Nous continuerons les travaux petit à petit !
Mon mari m'arrête car j'aimerais changer des meubles ,lol, en me disant que nous n'avons pas gagner au loto (dommage,lol)
Comment allez-vous ?

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   15.10.12 14:09

Hi ladies!

Things at my work are not going on so well. The newspaper director (the person who is above the editor-in-chief) has made some strange, very de-motivating decisions. She also said in public that in our financial conditions I shouldnt have afforded going to the Olympics. She seems very angry with my boss (the editor-in-chief) because he allowed me to go.

I feel a bit strange about all this. Our newspaper hadnt had anyone at the Olympics since 1980, Ive done something what hasnt been done for more than 30 years. I know it was expensive, but in a 3 million yearly budget 3 thousands wouldnt ruin the company. And it earned a lot of prestige to our newspaper, Im sure about it.

Anyway, my boss (who is a good friend at the same time) is frustrated and now all of us are, because we got less money for the last month (this was decision of the director, with no real reason IMO).

All this made me to realize that Ive dedicated everything to this newspaper and found peace and happiness here even if I had troubles in my life - but I dont have anything apart from this newspaper. I feel as if I was cheated on in a relationship or something.

I know that Ill get over this state of mind, till then I try to switch off my brain with good books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   16.10.12 16:58

Titi - could this woman be jealous? Certainly sounds/acts like a "cat"!

Gislaine - I'm sure you are looking forward to your new home improvements being completed!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   31.10.12 15:01

How do you go my dear American friends?
I hope that you did not suffer from the hurricane Sandy!!
Comment allez-vous mes chères amies américaines ?
J'espère que vous n'avez pas souffert de l'ouragan Sandy !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.11.12 1:36

While my area of the US wasn't nearly as badly affected as the Eastern Shore areas were, we did have extremely high winds---50 miles per hour and many inches of rain. There was 5.5 inches in my rain gauge in the front yard as of yesterday morning! Now, that a lot of rain, lol .

By far the hardest hit area is the state of New Jersey as well as New York City. New Jersery was, in many places along the coast, wiped off the map. There is incredible devastation, there, with no power, houses and businesses washed away. There are millions and millions of people with no electricity, and it's going to be a long time before it is restored to individual homes and businesses because the electic grid has been so badly damaged. The lower end of Manhattan was flooded; they closed the New York Stock Exchange for two days, although it wasn't flooded out.

The northern part of Ohio was hit hard with this hurricane, surprisingly. The city of Cleveland is mostly without power; over the northern and eastern parts of the state there are 250,000 people with out electricity. That pales in comparison to the 6 million people who don't have power along the east coast.

I haven't seen Kiki check in here, yet, so I'm assuming she doesn't have electicity back yet. The state of Connecticut was also affected by the hurricane.

Please keep all the affected people in your thoughts and prayers. It's going to be a long road back to normalcy for all of them.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.11.12 19:46

Hello everyone! We never lost power (thank goodness), but we didn't have internet for two days. Our house had no damage, and our street only had some branches fall on an abandoned house.

Sadly, the shoreline of my town got hit hard...again. I've heard that 5 houses have been destroyed, and more have damage. Our area is still touch and go with power, and some businesses haven't reopened.

My mom went out and bought canned goods for our town's food pantry for those without power and/or homeless.

Hope all is with you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.11.12 1:56

Thanks for checking in, Kiki! I've been wondering how you and your parents fared during Sandy. What a nice thing your mother did. I hope more people follow her actions to help the disadvantaged people...and there are a lot more of them, now, than before the hurricane.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: