Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   31.08.10 11:04

hello everybody !!!!

i am sorry if i missed important things during this summer. now i am back to cluj and i trying to readjust to normal life Razz

krista, i think it's great that you go to france. i am all for new experiences in life, so go for it !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   31.08.10 13:47

Irina is baacckk!! Inclassable37

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   31.08.10 16:35

Welcome back, Irina!! Are there any job prospects on the horizon?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.09.10 12:57

Welcome back Irina!!! Smile

The semester started on Monday, but I do have some non-school related news- I have a job interview tomorrow!!! It's in the financial aid office at one of the local colleges. Hopefully it will go well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.09.10 15:58

mary, there some prospects actually. plus i decided to get a degree in nutrition. it's something everybody asks me about and i think it would be something that would fit well for a family doctor. plus i would like to actually be able to make up diets for people and explain healthy eating.
so tomorrow i am enrolling for the nutrition degree.
am i have some people i am talking to about jobs. so far i am not sure which one will become something real.

so in this part i am starting to feel better.
but the weather is killing me. saturday was summer and now it' almost winter. what's up with that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.09.10 16:49

Irina....the nutrition degree would fit very well within the duties of a family doctor. Good luck with this.

I recall from a post you made way back at the start of the summer that you had decided to take a rest from the job hunting. I'm glad to learn that you are looking at job prospects again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your success.

kiki....Ooooh, congrats on the job interview set up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, too.

Gee, I've got so many fingers crossed it's no wonder I keep making errors as I type this, LOL.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   01.09.10 19:45

Irina, welcome back, I find an excellent idea concerning the nutrition, that agrees well by being a family doctor!
Kiki, I cross fingers for your job !
I do not work and I admit you that that does not miss me I take care well , lol!
In any case I am happy to find friends in the TEB! Lol!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.09.10 21:55

Thanks Gis and Mary! The interview went well today. I was nervous, but everything went really really well. Smile

Hope everything is going well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   02.09.10 22:24

kiki.....I'll bet you're glad that interview is over, LOL. I used to hate job interviews with a passion, regardless of whether I was the interviewer or the one getting interviwed. How soon will you know if you got the job?

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 2:35

I'll know something next week. And yes, I am glad it is over...for now LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 9:37

well, ar least the hard part in over. keeping my fingers crossed kiki!

i am back from a job interview too. but it was not the usual kind. i mean the man wants to hire me but we can't figure out exactly how to make it work.
it's something in a spa and i would be the doctor that consults the patients and tells them what they can use safely from the services the clinic offers. but i have to present to my future employer a plan about how i am to go about it. and i have to do it by this time next week.
i have to come up with a list of questions and all that i think it is necessary for the patient to do before i can present him with a plan.
i have never done this before. as a family doctor you go about things in other ways and you focus more on actual diseases.
i can't wait to start my training in nutrition because i hope it will help a lot. i am so pissed because here in romania this is just starting and i don't know how organized the teachers a re going to be. when i search stuff about nutrition all i find is in the usa.

so i have one week fo freaking research and to make a plan and i don't really have a clue what i will come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 17:11

Irina....This job sounds quite unique. What kinds of services does this spa offer? Do they also provide workout facilities along with it? I guess I'm curious to know whether the definition of "spa" is the same in Europe as it is in the US, LOL. In the US the term, "spa," usually refers to a facility that provides cosmetic services only---facials, waxing, massages, hair care, and the like. Most US spas do not provide workout facilities; there are a very few which do, though, but it isn't a normal offering.

In your listing of questions it may be prudent to ask a client what types of services they have done previously and how that turned out for them (were they happy with the end result or not). Also, what are the client's expectations of the spa's services? If they expect the moon and the spa can't provide that, lol, then the client will be unhappy. I would also think that it would be wise to know what kinds of medical conditions that client already has or had which may affect the over-all results for the client. That's all I can think of off the top of my head as to questions you may want to put in your list.

Let us know how this goes.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 17:33

In France, it is institutes for putting back into shape (saunas, etc) or thermal remedies.

En France , c'est des instituts pour remise en forme (saunas , etc ) ou des cures thermales .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 17:53

mary this is called a medical spa.
so it has many things in it. it has doctors - dermatologists, physiotherapist, plactic surgeon ( who only does minor things ) and me as a general practitioner.
they have aqua gym workouts and treadmills and bicycle and also saunas.
also there offer massages and they have lots of equipment like for electrostimulation and other stuff i don't know how to translate into english.
the also have lots of cosmetics related stuff, even tattoos ( i mean they can tattoo you an eyebrow if you miss one or stuff like this ) .
so they need me to kind of be the first person the pacient meets. to take a complete history of the patient and see what he can do and what he can not do from what the spa has to offer.
so i have with me the instructions of all the machines to learn about so that i can know what kind of diseases would stop the patient from using that particular machine.
and also i have to asses his general state and decide a diet for the person.
but i need to come up with how i want the patient information sheet to look like. scratch

anyway the vision the owner has it's quite unique. but if he will manage to do it depends on the economy. because he will like to add to the team a gynecologist a lab for certain analysis and he would like to also buy and ultrasound and a machine for mammography.
so basically he would like to have all that a person ( mainly women ) might need check up her health status and at the same time to paper oneself and relax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   03.09.10 20:11

As I posted earlier, lol, that's a unique concept now that you've more fully explained it, Irina. A similar, medically-oriented business in the US would not include cosmetic work, such as tattooing. We have tattoo parlors for that which aren't medically sanctioned but do have licensing requirements they must pass to operate as businesses. We do have sports' medicine facilities which offer many of the options you mentioned, including electro-stimulation sessions to speed up healing from injuries. However, most of these sports' medicine places do not have the kinds of treadmills and the more common workout machines that a regular gym would have. What they do have is a lot more specialized equipment that is designed for and tailored toward physical rehabilitation. Many include recovery pools of varying depths for water-based exercise used to re-establish muscle conditioning without a lot of weight-bearing on healing body parts.

My husband, now deceased, attended one such facility near our home for 3 or 4 years as part of his on-going recovery from a debiliating back injury and issues with his right knee and hip. The water therapy worked wonderous things for him. He also worked in the gym using specialized exercises and various equipment, under professional supervision, to build up his core muscles so that he could walk unassisted. When he first went into that program the therapists had him fill out a multi-page form detailing his complete past medical history, including any surgeries he'd had, and his current medical status, and a complete listing of medications he was taking. This completed history plus the prescription from his orthopaedist for physical rehab was what the therapy staff used to design a specialized treatment for the issues he was facing, at that time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fx44

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   06.09.10 17:08

Bonjour à vous toutes mes amies, je viens de reprendre aujourd'hui mes cours. J'ai eu des cours très intéressants, enfin liés à ma formation ce qui n'est pas plus mal. Même si cette réforme est loin d'être bonne, les nouvelles matières sont beaucoup mieux car plus adaptées. Bref, je vous souhaite à toutes une bonne rentrée !!! Wink

Hello to you all my friends, I have just taken my courses today. I had very interesting courses finally connected to my formation what is not more bad. Even if this reform is far from being good, the new subjects are better a lot because more adapted. In brief, I wish you all one safe return !!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fx44100.spaces.live.com
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.09.10 12:32

Yesterday, we visited my mom, and she tries to face the death of my brother! In more she fights against a body to raise money that he owed to my brother! All 15 of the month it is terrible for her and I may say to him in time in ........ that makes dumped.
Hier ,nous avons rendu visite à ma maman , et elle essaie de faire face au décès de mon frère! En plus elle se bat contre un organisme pour obtenir de l'argent qu'il devait à mon frère ! Tous les 15 du mois c'est terrible pour elle et j'ai beau lui dire avec le temps ........ça fait cliché .

I showed him all the photos of our stay in La Rochelle and that he changed the ideas!
Je lui ai montré toutes les photos de notre séjour à La Rochelle et ça lui changé les idées !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirecki
Untouchable

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   09.09.10 16:29

MAMOUNA38 wrote:
Yesterday, we visited my mom, and she tries to face the death of my brother! In more she fights against a body to raise money that he owed to my brother! All 15 of the month it is terrible for her and I may say to him in time in ........ that makes dumped.
Hier ,nous avons rendu visite à ma maman , et elle essaie de faire face au décès de mon frère! En plus elle se bat contre un organisme pour obtenir de l'argent qu'il devait à mon frère ! Tous les 15 du mois c'est terrible pour elle et j'ai beau lui dire avec le temps ........ça fait cliché .

I showed him all the photos of our stay in La Rochelle and that he changed the ideas!
Je lui ai montré toutes les photos de notre séjour à La Rochelle et ça lui changé les idées !

Je suis désolée pour ton frere Gis, c'est horrible à dire mais ton "cliché" n'est pas faux.... Le temps n'efface pas les sentiments mais il atténue un peu la douleur ....

Mais pour la date, il n'y a rien à faire, j'ai perdu l'un de mes freres il y'a 11ans et chaque 4 Juin, il faut me foutre la paix Smile

Mais ta maman (comme la mienne) a du monde autour d'elle, cela peux l'aider à tenir et à te tenir toi aussi Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.09.10 13:19

Hello everyone!

I´ve been away for a while and many things happened this summer, but I´m really happy to be back here again, I missed you all (and Facebook can´t supply the true BJDG feeling Very Happy )

First of all, I´m really sorry for what happened to your father, Andi.... I hope you are doing better, although I know how hard it was for me to cope with similar cases in my family not a long time ago, so I know it can´t be easy for you Sad But there´s always someone/something to live for, go on in life (as Titi said) and one day, you´ll find your smile back on your face again and everything will be fine again ... hugs

Irina, hope you´ll get the job in the spa! My dad goes to spa every year because of his health problems, so I know exactly what kind of job you´re talking about Very Happy

In the middle of August, there was a big flood in my hometown...Bridges torn down, streets, houses, cars, shopping centres in water. One man even drowned when he was trying to save his car Sad Never thought it would happen here, as we never had such problems (it was always mainly the eastern parts of Slovakia which got hit by floods every year). I wasn´t at home when it happened (was visiting my cousin in a different town), but dad called me right the next morning and one of my friends as well. Thankfully, we live on a hill, so our part of the town wasn´t affected by it, but my friend lives exactly near the river and their cellars were totally destroyed by water...which is kind of luck, because in other parts of Slovakia, whole people´s houses were destroyed and it was a terrible look Sad Thankfully, it didn´t take many days for people in my hometown to clean the roads, build new bridges (army was here to help as well) and put things back to normal again, although you can still see broken/cut down trees on the sides of the river which are waiting to be taken away...

The week after, my best friend from England came to visit me for 9 days, and I was looking forward to it so much, so at least something to cheer us up Very Happy We had so much fun, especially on my birthday, when I was treated like a princess - he made me breakfast, sang for me, gave me a lovely present, and in the evening, I had one of my friends over as well and we danced, sang, laughed like crazy ... It was the best birthday I´ve ever had and I´ll never forget it!! We also made a few trips during that week and he was really wonderful, even my mum told him she´ll miss him when he was leaving Very Happy

From 2nd September, I´m back at work, the new school year has started and although we had some troubles in organisation, I hope it will be a good year Smile Just the weather is kind of depressing me at the moment, so cold here Sad

I hope you all will have a peaceful and lovely autumn, with the new skating season so near!! Inclassable37

Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   10.09.10 20:54

so, apparently i made a good impression so i will start working soon.

fx44, i am glad you studies are more of what you would actually like. i know how much it sucks to have to study things you're not really interested in.

gis, i am so sorry for you and your family. i can not even imagine how hard it must be for your mom. i hope you ll find the courage to keep going.

michelle, i did not know you had floods problems over there too. we had them also in romania but fortunately not in my town. i glad you had fun, especially on your birthday.

i hope we all have a good autumn . i feel the need to hear good news and good things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   11.09.10 1:38

Irina.....YAY!!!! You got the job!!!! cheers That has to be a huge relief.

Michelle.....It's great to have you posting here, again. I'm glad you weren't affected, directly, by the flood waters. This has certainly been a summer of strange weather phenomena all over the world.

Gis....I think I know a little of what is happening with your mother. My heart goes out to her. hugs I would imagine she feels some guilt for not being at home when your brother died; any parent would, under the circumstances. It's really very hard to overcome those feelings. Give her a lot of love and attention, but most important of all, listen to her when she wants to talk about what happened. The mere act of telling about it helps her mind to heal from the awful circumstances.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   11.09.10 9:29

Ladies, I want to share something with you which makes me proud these days. Maybe you have heard of a horse called Overdose (in Hungary and in Slovakia I bet you have, more info on him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overdose_%28horse%29) He used to be an unbeaten horse, Germans called him Wunderpferd, he was considered for one of the best sprinters of the world. His owner is from Slovakia, an ethnic Hungarian and I have interviewed him many times in the past reporting about Overdoses successes. But Overdose lost his last race (after a horrific 8-minute struggle to get him into the starting box, during which his jockey fell three times!) and somehow his magic was also lost. I wondered what happened and since the owner was still in kind of a shock, I tried to find somebody else who can explain Overdoses strange behaviour before start. There was a girl who used to take care of the horse and who was supposed to have this strange connection with him, understanding all the signs, and I found her through a social site. When I called her, it became clear that she is no more with the horse and she told me very interesting things about how the horse was treated etc, etc. I published this interview and now it is discussed everywhere. Later I also interviewed the owner to let him to answer, because this girl said Overdose was treated so badly that he lost his vitality and now doesnt want to race anymore... The whole thing is widely discussed in Hungary and I feel really proud because they always cite the interviews I made and... this is kind of a big professional success.

And I also had a nice evening yesterday and all this is just so strange, like how small things can make you happy and so on... cloud9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   11.09.10 9:59

Wow great Titi. Congratulations. You are like Sherlock Holmes in press. Now any misterious can be discovery by You and Your pen...

Michelle I'm so sorry reading of flood. I send you good feeling. In Poland we have the same problems, many people lost everithing becouse of it. Even one small city was destroyed be flood.
I'm glad that you have fun time with your English Friend Smile

Irina. Congratulation of new job!!! I belive it will be better that last one with the crazy boss.

And about me I haven't been here for a while because I have some healt problem in my familly so I need to take care of many thing. But I still thinking of the greatest forum of the world Very Happy and missing you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   11.09.10 19:28

mba83 wrote:

And about me I haven't been here for a while because I have some healt problem in my familly so I need to take care of many thing. But I still thinking of the greatest forum of the world Very Happy and missing you all.

Aww...I hope all will be well soon in your family hugs And thank you Smile

Gis, keeping my fingers crossed for you and your mother, I know it´s hard time for her as well.... hugs

Titi, you are the pen- and investigation master, well done!! clap

Irina, congrats on your job!! cheers Yes, I´ve heard about the floods in your country too...

Talking about my best friend....we had a little misunderstanding last night, was really weird, because we never had one ever since we know eachother (for more than a year now) and we both had odd feelings afterward and we both were crying.... Sad (can you imagine a guy crying and admitting it? just wow...) Thank God, we sorted it out (only today in the afternoon) and realized it was really just a misunderstanding but I really had some job to persuade him that he didn´t destroy our friendship by making me upset (he said that the feeling he hurt me is killing him...). But I´m really glad that our friendship is so strong that nothing can destroy it and we both mean too much for eachother to part and I´m really happy he understood that Smile
Now we are fine again, and even a few hours ago, he went to one of his friend´s party but said that he´s having so much fun with me that he doesn´t want to leave lol!
Well, there´s real soap-opera for you Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   12.09.10 9:07

Thx Michelle!!!
And I hope your "soap-opera" will be happy and very long Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything else - part 12   

Back to top Go down

Everything else - part 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Miscellaneous :: Anything/ Discussion divers hors patinage-
Jump to: