Share | 

Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   25.08.10 6:27

I read this morning in the local newspaper that Plushenko couldn't participate in Winter Olympics in 2014 in Russia. According to the article the reason is that Plush has taken part in some money awarded competitions without the permission of the ISU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   25.08.10 10:29

Thank you Nicole for the news update~!

Brian the ice is yours Smile

Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   25.08.10 20:45

Actually, it's worse than merely the 2014 Olympics. He's lost his eligible status for all ISU-sactioned competitions between now and 2014 and beyond. I should mention, though, that Plush and his entourage believe that with the Russian Federation's assistance Plushenko can be reinstated upon petition by the RSFS to the ISU. We'll see......

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catkeeper
Untouchable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   26.08.10 1:03

There is an article at IceNetwork.com about this also. Allegedly, the Russian Federation turned him in. Maybe they were angry with Plushenko for not competing at Worlds after all his post-Olympic complaining.

I say "Good Riddance!" No more tantrums. No more arrogance. No more interfering with other skaters during warm-up, like he did to Brian at Europeans.

The ISU will probably cave in and reinstate Plushy right before the 2014 Olympics.

Here is the link:
web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100824&content_id=13851540&vkey=ice_news

Laura
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWITTI
The Mission

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   15.03.11 10:46

Today I got a message from someone on my blog (attached to the article I wrote about Plushenko lost the gold and humiliated Lysacek right after the Olys). The woman wrote she knows everything and sure about Plushenko is coming back next year with a new image, helped by Browning too. She wrote ISU will give back his competitive status.

Do you know anything about it, or she is just imagined the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brian-joubert.allgoo.net
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   27.10.11 19:15

Melinda, I have been reading some things on the net as well. Such as Evgeni's knee injury and his rehabilitation. He withdrew from Japan Open, Gala Carnival On Ice and the Golden Skate Awards due to this injury. In a recent article in the IFS magazine Plushenko stated “I really want to work with Kurt. We’ve basically agreed on working together for two weeks this summer,”

Link to the article:
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/610-evgeni-plushenko-rising-to-the-challenge

fandebrian
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   28.10.11 11:14

Thanks Manon for the article Very Happy
I'm not satisfied that Plushenko comes back to the figure skating, I don't like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   29.10.11 10:31

He says he is planning to compete in Russian Nationals this year!
Here is subtitled news report from 10/24/2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l2_4dwaZmgY

Only now I noticed he has so many tatoos Smile :
:n his left hand: "Yana" - in Japanese characters and scorpio, on the right hand a cross and writing in Latin - "Viam supervadet vadens" (something like: "walk and you shall reach"). (thank you google!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014   

Back to top Go down

Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: