AuthorMessage
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   28.12.11 10:05

Yulie wrote:
quintia wrote:
Oh so Plush is back. Okay. He's won everything there is to win, why is still competing? grrrrrrrrrmur
FWIW, Brian doesn't appear to mind and offered his compliments (source, in Russian but can be Google-translated to get the gist).

A friend of mine who's a fan of Plushy pointed out something I hadn't considered: ISU Championships require a minimum score from all entries - remember how V/T had to do the Mont Blanc Trophy last year in order to go to Worlds? And Plushy hasn't competed internationally in two years, so he has no valid qualifying score. If they stick to the rules, it seems to me that he'll need to do a minor event before he can enter the big comps. Is there anything between now and Euros? The only senior events I could find don't appear to have a singles competition.

I am sure that deep inside Brian minds that Plushy is back. He already said in the article posted that it will be difficult to beat him at the Europeans. The fact is Plushenko's appearance diminishes Brian's chances to get a medal. He just wants to be polite and what else would he say in a newspaper interview? I remember that Brian's mum once told that Plushenko's name is a tabu at their home. Brian just has to be polite in public, they will be skating together at KOI for example and I don't think Ari Zakarian would ask Brian to do shows in Russia, if Brian would tell his honest opinions about Plushenko.

I also think Plushenko's victory is a respectable achievement, but personally I don't like his skating-style, programs, attitude, arrogance, anything. The thought that I have to watch him the next three years makes me annoyed. grrrrrrrrrmur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   28.12.11 11:40

Bladette wrote:
I am sure that deep inside Brian minds that Plushy is back. He already said in the article posted that it will be difficult to beat him at the Europeans. The fact is Plushenko's appearance diminishes Brian's chances to get a medal. He just wants to be polite and what else would he say in a newspaper interview? I remember that Brian's mum once told that Plushenko's name is a tabu at their home. Brian just has to be polite in public, they will be skating together at KOI for example and I don't think Ari Zakarian would ask Brian to do shows in Russia, if Brian would tell his honest opinions about Plushenko.
Brian wasn't particularly complimentary about Plushenko back in the Olympic season, and they asked him to do KoI anyway. It's a money issue - you want high profile skaters who are popular, which I understand Brian is in Russia. Also, if Brian wanted to do KoI that badly, he would have asked for more show dates the last time they did it. I doubt that's his motivation. I think Brian and Plushenko are both older and wiser now, and respect each other's skating and achievements a lot more than some of what's going on in skating now. You can see that even in this brief statement, Brian wasn't entirely positive - I think he really was being honest: Plushenko's style doesn't appeal to him artistically and never has, but he respects his technical ability and accomplishments.

As I wrote earlier, I am not at all sure that Plushenko can compete at Euros, given the minimum score requirements. Is there a way for him around that? Even V/T, who were/are a very high priority for the Russian fed, couldn't get out of posting a minimum score before being allowed to compete at ISU Championships.

Of course, if Brian continues on to Sochi, Plushy won't be the only 4-time Olympian there Very Happy Other skaters who have already competed in three Olympics: van der Perren, Aliona Savchenko, the Zhangs and Pang/Tong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   03.02.12 20:02

Jeremy Abbott at US Nationals - Pure magic clap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd40ZNXYLTw
And the quad is a beauty too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grandblue
Untouchable

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Japanese National 2012   23.12.12 13:43

I've been back from live watching of Japanese National in Sapporo.
It was one of the most exciting skating event for me. But it was sad Oda,kozuka,Machida missed to go to Four Continents and World's.

Results and Protocols
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2012-2013/fs_e/national/index.htm

Videos on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTkFWyedXT9POBaO3G554KuqQZmwN9l8j

Men
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI
3. Takahito MURA
4. Nobunari ODA
5. Takahiko KOZUKA
6. Kento NAKAMURA
7. Keiji TANAKA
8. Akio SASAKI
9. Tatsuki MACHIDA
10. Ryujyu HINO

Ladies
1. Mao ASADA
2. Kanako MURAKAMI
3. Satoko MIYAHARA
4. Akiko SUZUKI
5. Rika HONGO

World's in Canada and Four continents in Osaka,Japan
Hanyu, Takahashi, Mura
Asada, Murakami, Suzuki

Jr World's in Milano
keiji Tanaka, Ryuju Hino
Satoko Miyahara, Rika Hongo

Last edited by grandblue on 24.12.12 3:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13302
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   23.12.12 15:39

Thank Grandblue

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   23.12.12 16:50

Japanese nationals are very exciting (for the spectators) & tough (for the skaters)!

I don't understand why they aren't sending the top 3 men to Worlds & the next 3 to 4CCs?! (share the ranking points around!!)

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other National Chmapionships   

Back to top Go down

Other National Chmapionships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: