Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 10:12

I didn't see a separate thread for this - if there is one, please merge this post into it!

Assignments are now online: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

Brian got CoC and TEB, as expected. The TEB field is brutal: Chan, Brezina, Lysacek, Oda, Amodio and Rippon are all entered. I hope Brian will manage a good showing at both events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 10:42

Thanks for posting this, Yulie! TEB field is really tough, but CoC field is doable - I hope Brian manages to win it and fulfil his dream about winning all the GPs. Of course, just like you, I hope he does his best at both events!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 10:43

I didn't know that Lysacek is back. I was expecting to see Plushenko but he isn't. TEB will be very difficult competition for Brian Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 10:50

Once Tatjana Flade wrote that the surprise was related to an individual skater, it was obvious that it would be Lysacek; the only other option that would have made sense was Joannie Rochette, and she's clearly done with competitive skating.

As for CoC vs. TEB, both in 2008-9 and 2009-10 I thought TEB would be the easier field to win against for Brian, but both times it was his second event where he did better (2009 NHK especially was a really strong field, but turned out all splat-festy). So who knows what might happen. I am surprised that the FFSG decided to torture both Brian and Flo like that, but maybe they know something we don't? Considering a quad is now pretty much a must, Lysacek might find it much harder to finesse wins by flailing his arms on step sequences.

Other notes of interest: P/B, Aliona/Robin, and Brezina are among the few skaters doing three events; the adorable Hurtado/Diaz will be at TEB, as will V/T in the pairs; and Miki Ando, as previously announced, is sitting out the GP season, as is YNK. Is Yu-Na done? A pity for her to go out on such a meh performance...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 11:06

I have to say LOLed when I read the entries for TEB. Both Lysacek and Chan! It's going to be interesting competition! And extremely though for Brian. But it's good practice for him for Nice. Wink
I hope Brian will win the CoC, it's great that he got another chance. I just wish he won't get as obsessed with it as with the Oly's and get too much pressure for himself.
I think Plushenko will get the one open spot for Cup of Russia.

Yulie wrote:

As for CoC vs. TEB, both in 2008-9 and 2009-10 I thought TEB would be the easier field to win against for Brian, but both times it was his second event where he did better (2009 NHK especially was a really strong field, but turned out all splat-festy). So who knows what might happen. I am surprised that the FFSG decided to torture both Brian and Flo like that, but maybe they know something we don't? Considering a quad is now pretty much a must, Lysacek might find it much harder to finesse wins by flailing his arms on step sequences.

I agree that for Lysacek it will be very difficult to win Chan with quads. But what do you mean FFSG would know something? Suspect I think Floamo and Brian are pretty much forced to compete there. And even if the competition would turn out to be a splat fest, Chan would win it anyways santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13327
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 11:36

I do not see or is surprising for Brian and Florent for TEB (the fédé puts its two better skaters who attract the world) on the contrary I am surprised of the return of Lysachek and in TEB) Brian in China it was its desire!!
I hope that Brian will be prepared well and will make as in 2007!!
Thank you for having opened subject for GP Yulie!
Je ne vois pas ou est surprenant pour Brian et Florent pour le TEB (la fédé met ses deux meilleurs patineurs qui attirent du monde ) par contre je suis étonnée du retour de Lysachek et au TEB ..) Brian en Chine c'était son désir !!
J'espère que Brian sera bien préparé et fera comme en 2007 !!
Merci d'avoir ouvert le sujet pour le GP Yulie!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 11:50

Yulie wrote:
Once Tatjana Flade wrote that the surprise was related to an individual skater, it was obvious that it would be Lysacek;

Considering a quad is now pretty much a must, Lysacek might find it much harder to finesse wins by flailing his arms on step sequences.

Evan tweeted months ago that he was practicing quads but then in a more recent interview it sounded like he was done with competition altogether. So I don't know what's going on. But when Flade said there would be a surprise I immediately thought "Evan! grrrrrrrrrmur "

I'm happy for Brian that he got CoC. But with all those people in TEB I wish he'd come to Skate America or Skate Canada. Is it a rule that they have to skate in their home place or is it a choice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 11:56

Men

Pairs:

Dance

Ladies

Gislaine

Last edited by MAMOUNA38 on 27.06.11 12:27; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 11:57

Brian could not have three GP due to his classification in the worldwide etc, at least I understood just like that!
Brian ne pouvait pas avoir trois GP dû à son classement aux mondiaux etc ,du moins j'ai compris comme ça!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 12:15

thanks ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 12:33

facepalm wrote:
I'm happy for Brian that he got CoC. But with all those people in TEB I wish he'd come to Skate America or Skate Canada. Is it a rule that they have to skate in their home place or is it a choice?
DG is not going to send the highest profile French skater to another federation's GP instead of TEB. And is Brian still sponsored by Eric Bompard? If that's the case, that is another consideration. No, the only ways he'd ever get out of doing TEB is by retiring or having medical issues (like in 2007), so lets hope for the best...

I'll admit to some surprise that the FFSG brought in Lysacek, who's not a seeded skater and is a serious threat even after two years off the ice; they were under no obligation to do so. Also that they picked Chan rather than the beatable Gachinski, and V/M, who will likely defeat Nathalie and Fabian, instead of the weaker Shibs. OTOH, in past years the original assignments often bore little resemblance to the final fields, and I could certainly see V/M withdrawing if Tessa has medical problems again, or Lysacek realizing he's not as competitive as he'd hoped and WD'ing with some excuse to cover for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 12:45

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 15:35

Bublijojo wrote:
I didn't know that Lysacek is back. I was expecting to see Plushenko but he isn't. TEB will be very difficult competition for Brian Rolling Eyes

There is a spare place in CoR mens event, I'm sure its being kept warm for Plushenko!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsRobinson
Untouchable

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   27.06.11 17:04

I've just seen the entries on ISU website and I was surprise to see Lysacek again! Brian could manage the Cup of China, I really hope in a victory Very Happy
Plushenko, Lysacek, Chan....Great champions for a great season, i'm looking forward to see all of them! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   28.06.11 1:20

Yulie wrote:
facepalm wrote:
DG is not going to send the highest profile French skater to another federation's GP instead of TEB. And is Brian still sponsored by Eric Bompard? If that's the case, that is another consideration. No, the only ways he'd ever get out of doing TEB is by retiring or having medical issues (like in 2007), so lets hope for the best...

I'll admit to some surprise that the FFSG brought in Lysacek, who's not a seeded skater and is a serious threat even after two years off the ice; they were under no obligation to do so. Also that they picked Chan rather than the beatable Gachinski, and V/M, who will likely defeat Nathalie and Fabian, instead of the weaker Shibs. OTOH, in past years the original assignments often bore little resemblance to the final fields, and I could certainly see V/M withdrawing if Tessa has medical problems again, or Lysacek realizing he's not as competitive as he'd hoped and WD'ing with some excuse to cover for it.

Oh. So the federations decide. I didn't know that's how it worked. Thanks. Cool

I'm still not over Evan coming back. I want to LOL and find it amusing but then again, the consequences may end up making me angry when I'm actually watching Evan win for no reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   29.06.11 13:31

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   29.06.11 14:38

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nini
Untouchable

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-07-24

PostSubject: Grand Prix 2011   08.07.11 8:57

Le programme et les engagés Français des Grand Prix 2011/2012
21-23 octobre: Skate America à Ontario (Etats-Unis)
Messieurs: Florent Amodio
Danse: Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat

28-30 octobre: Skate Canada à Mississauga (Canada)
Messieurs: Alban Préaubert

4-6 novembre: Coupe de Chine à Shanghai (Chine)
Messieurs: Brian Joubert
Danse: Pernelle Carron/Lloyd Jones

11-13 novembre: Trophée NHK à Sapporo (Japon)
Dames: Maé Bérénice Méité

18-20 novembre: Trophée Eric Bompard à Paris (France)
Messieurs: Florent Amodio, Brian Joubert
Dames: Yretha Silete
Couples: Adeline Canac/Yannick Bonheur

25-27 novembre: Coupe de Russie à Moscou (Russie)
Danse: Pernelle Carron/Lloyd Jones

8-11 décembre: Finale du Grand Prix à Quebec (Canada)
Les 6 meilleurs de chaque catégorie au classement final à l'issue des 6 épreuves des Grand Prix sont qualifiés pour la Finale

Last edited by Gislaine on 08.07.11 16:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nini, I merge your subject with that of Yulie!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   09.07.11 19:54

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   09.07.11 23:55

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   11.07.11 13:38

Thanks Gis! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   12.07.11 15:48

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   13.07.11 1:58

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   25.07.11 20:21

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   25.07.11 23:23

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Grand Prix   

Back to top Go down

2011 Grand Prix
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Brian's Competitions/Les Compétitions de Brian-
Jump to: