View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13300
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 13:34

I read news on Facebook, I do not think qe we shall know the "truth" of Brian's collection! All that I wish it is that it is not hurt or the knee!
Brian has sudden of the criticisms concerning his new program....
I share the opinion of Yulie...

Let us be positive for Masters!
I am upset for the fans of Brian who made trip to see it...

J'ai lu la nouvelle sur Facebook , je ne pense pas qe nous saurons la "vérité" du retrait de Brian !Tout ce que je souhaite c'est qu'il ne soit pas pas blessé ou son genou!
Brian a subit des critiques concernant son nouveau programme ....
Je partage l'opinion de Yulie ...

Soyons positives pour les Masters!
Je suis navrée pour les fans de Brian qui ont fait le voyage pour le voir ...

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 17:38

It is a shame that Brian will not be competiting as everyone had hoped. It's also a shame that some many of our BJDG members who are attending will not get to see him skate. However, I'm really surprised Brian had planned on doing the Nebelhorn comp. It's not like he's a newbie on the competitive scene who needs every competition he can squeeze in to perfect his presentation skills. The guy knows what he is doing by now, lol. What I hope, very earnestly, is that he's not had some further injury to his knee that will set back his training for the GP Series. At least, those who are going will get to see a fine competition even if Brian isn't there. Remember to enjoy yourselves.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 19:47

I'm so sorry for everyone who bought the ticket because of Brian. No

I read from La Maison de Joubert that Brian is not injured, but he thinks the new SP is not ready to be presented to the judges. I feel a little bit sad that he has received so much negative feedback of the new program, almost everyone seems to dislike it on the skating forums. Brian seemed to like the new program and was happy to perform it last week at the Gala. Also, he did seem to be on a good shape. Without the bad feedback, he probably would have participated on this competition. So who knows what's going to happen with the SP...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 19:58

Bladette wrote:
I read from La Maison de Joubert that Brian is not injured, but he thinks the new SP is not ready to be presented to the judges. I feel a little bit sad that he has received so much negative feedback of the new program, almost everyone seems to dislike it on the skating forums. Brian seemed to like the new program and was happy to perform it last week at the Gala. Also, he did seem to be on a good shape. Without the bad feedback, he probably would have participated on this competition. So who knows what's going to happen with the SP...
This is actually good news; much better than if it had been an injury! Based on the footage from Epinal, the new SP just wasn't competition-ready. There's no point in forcing it, in that situation - he needs to either do serious tinkering or to try something else. Since he has a good LP that he is well familiar with, he has time to play a bit with the SP.

And even if Brian does end up putting together a completely new SP, he can always skate the Justice program as an EX... it has the look of a fun show number.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YuanLi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 20:23

Hello, everyone! I'm new here!

After googled "2011 NHT", I found here. In China we have our own forums for Brian and figure skating, and I'm not getting used to foreign discussion groups. But this time is different! I'm now a student in Germany and can't allow myself to miss any figure skating events!
btw, I'm a huge fan of Yagudin, Joubert and Lambiel.

I was very disappointed about Brian's quit of NHT coz I've already booked the accommodation in Oberstdorf and planned to see this event. Anyway, hope he would be fine and keep healthy. Bless for him! Wish him all the best! I'm looking forward to see Brian and others in Paris.

I can speak English ,and of course some German. I would try my best!
There're still so many excellent skaters to come and let's enjoy Oberstdorf!

Yuan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 20:44

Willkommen Yuan! sunny Ich hoffe es gefällt dir hier Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 21:42

welcome Herzlich willkommen, Yuan Li!

Bladette, thank you so much for this first information - I hoped to read here that Brian is not injured.

I'll write more tomorrow, now I'm tired. Good night, girls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   17.09.11 22:20

Welcome Yuan Li! Smile

Sorry to everyone who thought they were going to be seeing Brian compete. Thanks for the news, Bladette. I'm glad to hear Brian isn't injured. That was my immediate thought when I heard he withdrew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YuanLi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 7:26

Thank you all! I'm glad to be here. lol!
And thanks for the news about Brian. I will tell my chinese friends he is not injured but struggling with his new sp grrrrrrrrrmur

Wenn du eine große Asiatische allein in Oberstdorf siehst, dann bin ich!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 11:46

I'm glad Brian isn't injured, that's the most important Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 12:25

well, good thing he's not injured. but i hope he will not chance his sp. the sp needs work, that was obvious but i liked the music and spirit of it. it fits brian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 12:51

Do not get worried for Brian!
I understand the disappointment of the fans for its withdrawal but Brian should not be ready, he must prefer being focused on Masters and GP to come!!
Ne vous inquiétez pas pour Brian !
Je comprends la déception des fans pour son retrait mais Brian ne doit pas être prêt , il doit préférer se focaliser sur les Masters et les GP à venir!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 12:57

welcome to the BJDG Yuan !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 13:09

welcome YuanLi!

Thanks for the update Bladette, I'm relieved its not an injury - the SP will be easier to fix!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 14:25

I'm relieved, too...Brian isn't injured, that's the main thing.

But I cancelled my trip to Oberstdorf. No Brian, no Tomas - no Nebelhorn Trophy for me this year. No

So this week I'll watch the Pope on TV instead of Brian live... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 16:52

Anja wrote:
I'm relieved, too...Brian isn't injured, that's the main thing.

But I cancelled my trip to Oberstdorf. No Brian, no Tomas - no Nebelhorn Trophy for me this year. No

So this week I'll watch the Pope on TV instead of Brian live... Rolling Eyes
You've cancelled? Really? Shocked A skating competition without Brian and Tomas is still better than no skating competition at all, imo. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 17:08

Nina wrote:
A skating competition without Brian and Tomas is still better than no skating competition at all, imo. No
Especially when considering some of the skaters who haven't withdrawn: Brezina, Fernandez, Hanyu and Ten, to name some of the men; Nagasu in the ladies' event, a really good pairs' field led by V/T, and the lovely Hurtado/Diaz in dance. I might have gone if it were nearer where I live! Assuming it's not too expensive, that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 18:42

If Brian hadn't been announced, I had never thought about going to NHT. If this competition would take place in my hometown or nearby - okay, but I'm really short of money at the moment and it requires careful consideration for which events I can spend it. So I will save it for Nizza...

Furthermore there will take place a meeting of our travelling group on Saturday (we went to Scotland last October), and in these circumstances I prefer to meet my friends. Most of them I haven't seen for a long time...deep in my heart there's a little gleam of joy, side by side with the disappointment! Sad Smile

Therefore I really know why I cancelled my trip. But I wish you all a pleasant journey and lots of fun in Oberstdorf!

See you later, girls... hug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 18:52

Wow. I really liked his SP. I didn't realize so many people were complaining about it. It's a shame. Brian doesn't seem to be allowed to be himself. If fans don't like him as he is, there are plenty of other skaters they can watch. I'm tired of this idea that he keeps changing to please people. Mad

Anyhoo, for those of you who were going, that really sucks. I hope you were able to get all your money back, Anja without too many cancellation fees. I've only been following ice skating closely since these last Olympics but it seems like Brian backs out of things a lot. Maybe it's his team or injuries, etc, but it seems that his plans are never very solid. I think it might be best not to book vacations based on him being in a competition or show unless they're really close to home and you don't have to spend on travel and hotels. That's why tennis players are fined if they skip a tournament. The organizers promote the tourneys based on who's going to be in it and they don't want people to ask for refunds if say Federer or Nadal withdraws.

edit: I was typing while you posted, Anja. Have fun with your group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 20:15

have fun anja ! i understand your decision. i hope you have enough money for nisa !!! i hope i have enough money for nisa too lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   18.09.11 23:05

I also cancelled my trip to Oberstdorf with a lot of regrets, as I like this village so much!!!
My main reason was Brian, of course. But I can manage to change the destination to Orleans. Between seeing the competitions without Brian and with him I've choosen the second.
Unfortunately, I can't visit the both events, it's too expensive for me. So, I hope to support Brian in Orleans instead of Oberstdorf.
Have a good time, girls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   19.09.11 14:15

I move subject here!
I want to all members to make a good trip and to make nice photos and to tell us this competition!
I am upset that members cancel their trips but I hope that you will be able to see Brian in another competition in France and elsewhere.
Je déplace le sujet ici !
Je souhaite à tous les membres de faire un bon voyage et de faire de belles photos et nous raconter cette compétition!
Je suis navrée que des membres annulent leurs voyages mais j'espère que vous pourrez voir Brian à une autre compétition en France et ailleurs .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nini
Untouchable

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-07-24

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   19.09.11 18:20

I also cancelled my trip, it was a big reason for me to go there this year, but without Brian and Tomas. I have the same opinion as Anja... I save the money for Nice!!! And at first; FOR SHEFFIELD, cause I´m there Volunteer again, girls and I hope, I could more often report you of the competitions there next year ;-)
But I hope Brian will be good at Masters, so I´m not so disappointet of his withdraw at NHT, pity, cause I want to congratulte him to his birthday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   21.09.11 9:15

Detailled time schedule has been added:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2011/Detailled%20time%20schedule.pdf

@Gis
I've updated your first post in this thread with a few more links Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   21.09.11 9:23

Oh and Irene posted on facebook that Lambiel is there (as spectator) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011   

Back to top Go down

NEBELHORN-TROPHY 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: