Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grandblue
Untouchable

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.07.11 11:59

And also a gala named "Carnival on ice" will be held in same day,same arena.
Liza Tuktamisheva will joined.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/coi2011/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    24.09.11 10:36

Alena Leonova and Florent Amodio will join Team Europe substituting Plushenko and Kiira who have withdrawn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: re: 2011 Japan Open   01.10.11 8:54

Men
FS
1 Patrick CHAN CAN 159.93
2 Artur GACHINSKI RUS 152.71
3 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 148.21
4 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN 138.33
5 Florent AMODIO FRA 138.25
6 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 130.79

Women

FS
1 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 118.59
2 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 112.74
3 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 112.46
4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 108.39
5 Alissa CZISNY USA 107.64
6 Miki ANDO JPN 88.11

Team result
1 Team North America 518.64
2 Team Europe 517.94
3 Team Japan 479.57

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/InterNational/2011-2012/jo/index.htm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    01.10.11 14:55

Thanks Selia Very Happy

Team Europe didn't lose many points to the North America Very Happy
Pity that Brian didn't start.
Patrick Chan was the best again, I don't like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    02.10.11 19:50

So Chan won again...with 3 falls!! Rolling Eyes
The season hasn't even started yet and one already knows that it's going to be the same again with Chan being overscored continously.

Here is Takahashi's new LP! He's skating beautifully Smile But I'm sure some people will hate his music choice. I have nothing against "Blues for Klook" (how could i, Karel skated to it for 2 season Razz ), but I think it's better for a SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.10.11 13:24

Nina wrote:
The season hasn't even started yet and one already knows that it's going to be the same again with Chan being overscored continously.

You have got to be kidding me. 3 falls, and he still wins?!?!?! Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.10.11 13:29

If there is only going to be one winner again this season (even when he falls several times) then I think everyone else may just go out to enjoy themselves!

Daisuke's programme is very enjoyable to watch & I refuse to believe that anyone can have better musicality & interpretation, once he gets the jumps going it will be even better. I know it gets alot of complaints but personally I like "Blues for Klook" (& have happy memories of Karel skating to it cloud9 ) but I agree that it is better for a SP - a bit too single paced for a FS!

I think we should send this video to Brian, so he can take note of the outfit - it would suit him just as well as Daisuke!! tire la langue

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.10.11 13:31

quintia wrote:
Nina wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. 3 falls, and he still wins?!?!?! Suspect

This is nothing, he fell four times in each of his GP events last season, won the first & only lost the second because he put in an extra combination.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.10.11 17:26

Nina wrote:

Here is Takahashi's new LP! He's skating beautifully Smile But I'm sure some people will hate his music choice. I have nothing against "Blues for Klook" (how could i, Karel skated to it for 2 season Razz ), but I think it's better for a SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U

....and you will never be able to convince me that way too many figure skating competitions aren't rigged to create winners for certain countries....all because of crap like Chan winning a comp with three falls!!! The politics going on, here, is so thick you'd need a butcher knife to carve through it. I am not looking forward to the upcoming season. Evil or Very Mad

If the skating power-that-be ever wonder why so many people get turned off to eligible compitions, these shenanigans should be proof positive. I can't believe that the powers-that-be are so dense as not to see what is really going on, or to think that the fans don't see what's going on. In past decades there's been "politics" set up to push certain skaters to the forefront and the top of the podium but, now, it's so outwardly blatant it's gotten ridiculous. It time to go back to the drawing board and recreate figure skating competitions into fair assessments of what each skater can and cannot do while pushing the athletic-ness of the sport.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    03.10.11 18:55

Yes, but Chan beat Gachi by only seven points, all of them on PCS (fair enough) - even though he only had two more falls! This is progress. Remember, it took Tomas Verner four Chan falls and a Zayak violation to win CoR (which meant Brian remains the last men's skater to have a golden season Smile). Also, Chan did attempt two quads, and landed one in combination, while Gachinski only did quad fall. And as far as I could tell, Chan's falls did not disrupt the program - something that can't be said for Dai.

I am more concerned about seeing such snooze-worthy programs. The only good ones were Gachinski's, who hasn't the flair to perform it well, and Buttle's - and that was recycled from 2005, plus he's a 29 year old retired skater.

Dai - I can't stand Blues for Klook. I watched the program with different music and it kind of worked; I'm not sure what that says about Dai's musical interpretation.

Florent's program wasn't dull, but it was awful and tacky. What is Morozov doing to him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    04.10.11 13:30

Yulie wrote:
Florent's program wasn't dull, but it was awful and tacky. What is Morozov doing to him?

Maybe he is thinking ahead to Sochi - removing a potential threat to a Russian medal?? Suspect

Or there again, maybe Florent just likes awful & tacky!!?? hide8up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    04.10.11 13:52

Sheena wrote:
Yulie wrote:

Maybe he is thinking ahead to Sochi - removing a potential threat to a Russian medal?? Suspect

1. I've read that theory elsewhere Very Happy

2. Unfortunately this may indeed be the case; all the more important to send him to a decent choreographer who can work around these taste issues. Send him back to Stanick Jeannette! Or he could go to Camerlengo, that might work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    05.10.11 15:08

Yulie wrote:
Sheena wrote:
Yulie wrote:

1. I've read that theory elsewhere Very Happy

2. Unfortunately this may indeed be the case; all the more important to send him to a decent choreographer who can work around these taste issues. Send him back to Stanick Jeannette! Or he could go to Camerlengo, that might work.

1) So did I - after posting here!!
2) FFSG really need to get Florent away from Morozov, just about anyone else would be better!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Japan Open    

Back to top Go down

2011 Japan Open
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: