Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   18.04.12 19:29

marysy wrote:

It's really too bad that we don't have information on all of Brian's shows. There's a Facebook page that says it's the page for Brian's official forum - does that mean they have direct contact with Brian? It'd be great if there was a page with info on all his upcoming events. (Apologies if I'm asking questions that may be obvious to old-timers here.)

Yes, an updated page with upcoming events would be great! He is one of the few skaters who doesn't really inform his fans about the upcoming shows.

Pics from backstage of KoI: http://brianjoubertffjp.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   18.04.12 20:12

thanks bladette Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   11.05.12 16:25

Is Grenoble the only gala that Brian is confirmed to do at this point in the summer? Is this something that he does every year -- has anyone gone before? (If so, since this is a club show, can one just get tickets before the show? I looked for ticket information since I was considering going, but all it said on the website was that tickets are available at the rink, which is not so helpful if you don't live in Grenoble. I just don't want to take a train there and have tickets be all sold out!)

There is apparently a gala for the Stade Poitevin Club de Glace in Poitiers in early June as well - does Brian usually participate in this, considering he's technically not a part of the club anymore? (What exactly happened there?)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   11.05.12 18:50

Maybe if you go to the rink a couple of hours before the show it will be early enough to get the tickets?

I have to say I am surprised that Brian did such a few galas this spring -the only big one was in Romania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   11.05.12 19:24

The season ended later than usual, so that left less time for galas. And Brian didn't do Yu-Na's ATS Spring for whatever reason. Other than that I think pickings are pretty slim for everyone; most of the Japanese shows are later in the year, aren't they?

With the Poitiers rink soon closing, he may have wanted to stick close to home while he still can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   11.05.12 23:15

Well, last year ended a bit later even due to the postponed Worlds in Moscow...but didn't he have a few more shows around France? I think the Japanese shows they did last summer were in July.

I don't know if anyone else was planning on going to Grenoble, but I wrote to the rink about tickets to the show and got back this response:
Quote :
Je ne peux pas vous assurer qu'il y aura encore des places en vente le soir même.
Pour un achat par correspondance, il vous suffit d'adresser à notre club (adresse ci-dessous) un courrier nous indiquant le nombre de places souhaité, accompagné du chèque correspondant (24,00€ la place) et d'une enveloppe timbrée à votre adresse.
J'aurais le plaisir alors d'acheter les places pour vous et de vous les envoyer.
Le chèque est à faire à l'ordre du "trésor public".
Grenoble Isère Métropole Patinage
GIMP
1 avenue d'Innsbrück
38100 GRENOBLE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   12.05.12 9:40

marysy wrote:
Well, last year ended a bit later even due to the postponed Worlds in Moscow...but didn't he have a few more shows around France? I think the Japanese shows they did last summer were in July.
Yes, that's true about 2011, but there was a loooong break before Worlds, whereas this year you had competitions in both March and April, and Brian made his senior B debut as well. As for shows, last year Brian didn't do anything KoI-related IIRC, but he had the post-Worlds St. Petersburg show - I think that was a one-time thing for Moskvina's 70th birthday - and ATS Spring. He didn't have any other international spring shows that I can recall, and I think the Japanese shows tend to be scheduled for summer-fall (though maybe that was just last year, because of the earthquake?). But Yu-Na's show is the major one for spring, and I don't know how they set up the cast list for that. I don't recall Brian ever doing Art on Ice or Stockholm Ice or any of that stuff.

I suspect Brian's expenses are probably lower than most skaters' - between living at home, not paying for ice time, and not working with big name coaches - so he can afford to pick and choose when it comes to galas (assuming he's invited).

How come there's no Stars Sur Glace anymore?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13310
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   12.05.12 12:40

Mary, the gala of Grenoble is that of the club, normally Brian makes two programmes.
There will be surely Shaffick Besseghuié the skater of the club!
They are fact a change it is to send tickets by post what is well for the persons who live "far from Grenoble"!
I went to this gala three times, it is organised well!!
In intermission, Brian and the invited skaters sign authographes!
Mary , le gala de Grenoble est celui du club ,normalement Brian fait deux programmes .
Il y aura sûrement Shaffick Besseghuié le patineur du club !
Ils sont fait un changement c'est d'envoyer les billets par la poste ce qui est bien pour les personnes qui vivent " loin de Grenoble"!
Je suis allée à ce gala trois fois ,c'est bien organisé !!
A l'entracte , Brian et les patineurs invités signent des authographes!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   13.05.12 18:57

Merci beaucoup, Gislaine ! Tu veux me réjoindre à Grenoble le 1er juin? : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   14.05.12 12:33

Mary,hélas je ne peux pas aller au gala de Grenoble! Nous comptons sur toi de donner tes impressions!
Mary, alas I cannot go to the gala of Grenoble! We hope on you to give your impressions!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   23.05.12 13:06

Brian JOUBERT will be for the gala in Nice on June 2nd at 7 pm!

http://www.webtvnice.com/un-gala-de-patinage-artistique-par-le-lions-club-nice-regina-bella/

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   23.05.12 14:47

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   24.05.12 11:34

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   24.05.12 23:35

thank you gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   29.05.12 13:26

The program of the charity gala in Nice, it is at 6:30 pm!! Brian Joubert will skate two programs !
Le programme du gala de bienfaisance à Nice , c'est à 18 heures 30 !!Brian Joubert patinera deux programmes

http://www.nice-baie-des-anges.fr/files/Lions-gala2juin-programme.pdf

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   29.05.12 23:22

merci gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 0:12

Just got back from gala and have early train tomorrow, so have to make this relatively brief. Here's the program from the gala: http://www.grenoble-patinage.com/documents-gimp/bord-de-piste/201205-bdp43.pdf

General impressions: I know Brian's been doing this gala for many years, so this is probably not a surprise to all of you, but I was hugely impressed by the scope and the production value of the whole thing. I've been to my fair share of club skating shows, and this was by far the best organized, produced, professional one I've seen, with show lighting, video, in a gorgeous arena that seats quite a lot of people! Is this their normal practice arena? The Grenoblois skaters are surely very very lucky to have such an active club and people willing to invest so much time and effort into this, and there are certainly some very promising young skaters!

The theme was "Silence...on tourne!" (Silence...we're filming!) so the entire show had a movie theme, with numbers from lots of famous movies (West Side Story, Mamma Mia, James Bond, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, etc.) I thought this would fit perfectly with some of Brian's competitive programs and was wondering whether he'd even do some Matrix. However, the soloists mostly didn't follow the theme. He did something that I didn't recognize for his first number and Lord of the Dance for his second.

The first number was to music that seemed war-like and was pretty intense in the first half, culminating with him looking like he had either been injured or died at war, but then some vocals came in and it was much more lyrical. Actually, this probably came from a movie soundtrack. He was wearing this black cape with fur on top at the beginning, and the costume underneath looked a bit gladiator-ish - it was gray, sleeveless (he has a bit of a farmer's tan! :)), with a belt, but then there was this portion below the belt that were basically strips of fabric that almost looked like a tiny skirt, over black pants. (Someone actually came out on the ice during this number to pick up something that had been left on the ice earlier, but Brian was on the other side of the rink, so it didn't disrupt anything.)

Jumps were on - he only did triple toe, triple flip, and double axel. In Lord of the Dance, he didn't quite take off correctly on a double axel and landed it oddly, and he sort of laughed at himself, but did a much better one right after.

He was the last solo number in both acts. After the first act, there was an award ceremony of sorts, where they presented skaters from the club who had done well during the season with gifts in a Rossignol bag. Brian got some flowers as well. After his second solo, the announcer interviewed him briefly. He said it's been about 10 years since he first came to Grenoble, and the club has always welcomed him and that he liked the public in Grenoble, the club, and the rink. I think he also said he's going to be on vacation in two days and that it was nice to end the season here. (There was a lot of cheering in the crowd and it was a bit hard to hear.)

In the finale, he came out with Chafik Besseghier and another skater who competed at French nationals, and did a flying sit spin. He chatted with Chafik quite a bit and overall seemed quite relaxed. He spent some time watching the other groups and then took pictures with some of the other skaters. He hung around for awhile afterwards and then got a bit bombarded while trying to exit in the tunnel by spectators looking for autographs and pictures. (An American girl yelled out "will you marry me?" to him in English, and he laughed at this. I've actually never seen him perform live outside of a competition setting, but I imagine he gets this a lot, heh.)

Gislaine - as far as I could tell, there was no autograph session during the intermission. I walked around to see but it didn't seem like there was anything. There was a Risport stand in the arena though and they gave out posters of Brian, the same ones that they had at Worlds in Nice.

I took video of both numbers, and they came out pretty decently. I'll try to upload them soon but not sure if the hotel internet is strong enough for uploading such big files, so it might have to wait until after I get back to Paris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 10:06

Thanks for your impressions Marysy! The Gladiator program is already on Youtube http://youtu.be/41JBRfAl9jI and it looked great, it's fun to see Brian acting like this and I think the whole program suits him very well. I am looking forward to your videos! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 12:00

Thanks for sharing your impressions Marysy! It was great to read, and you're so lucky to be there! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 12:27

Mary, thanks a lot for your impressions, haste to see your videos!
Brian in Gladiator must be something (I saw photos lol).Mon friend Lucie really liked this programme!
Indeed, it is the ice rink of trainings of Chaffick and of the skaters of the club!
Oh they changed for dedications.. There is the world always at the exit to wait for the skaters..
Mary ,merci beaucoup pour tes impressions , hâte de voir tes vidéos !
Brian en Gladiator doit être quelque chose (j'ai vu des photos ..lol).Mon amie Lucie a bien aimé ce programme!
En effet ,c'est la patinoire des entraînements de Chaffick et des patineurs du club!
Oh ils ont changé pour les dédicaces ..Il y a toujours du monde à la sortie pour attendre les patineurs ..
Hahaha pour la demande en mariage !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 15:32

Thanks guys! Here are the videos:

Gladiator: http://youtu.be/lpjOYce0zXI
Lord of the Dance: http://youtu.be/NKKo_Q2li0E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 15:48

Merci beaucoup Marysy,pourrais-je mettre tes vidéos sur les deux pages facebook du BJDG t twitter ?

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Galas of Brian 2012 - Galas de Brian 2012   02.06.12 15:49

Oui, bien sur! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine