AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13328
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: World London Canada 2013   03.04.12 21:04

http://worlds2013.ca/index-fr.html

http://worlds2013.ca/tickets/index-fr.html

I open subject for world championships 2013!
If you are interested to buy tickets.. Wink

J'ouvre le sujet pour les Mondiaux 2013 !
Si vous êtes intéressés pour acheter des billets ..

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   03.04.12 23:06

merci gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   04.04.12 1:54

I'd love to go but I'd have to buy individual tickets and I'd need a hotel. For some reason it seems like they're making it really difficult. And the all event tickets were out of my price range. Those new packages don't seem like a good idea either. If I were going to choose a few events then it would be the men's short program, the men's free skate and the exhibition. It's really weird how they've done this. And since individual tickets won't probably go on sale until the fall, how will you know when to get a hotel? I just feel like they only want Canadians or super rich foreigners to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   04.04.12 4:59

OMG, next year's Worlds are even more expensive than this year's in Nice Sad How are we mere mortals supposed to attend with prices like these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   04.04.12 7:12

Woah, that's really pricy!
From what I hear the Euro's in Zagreb should be pretty cheap, though. I hope I can at least go there ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   07.04.12 21:14

Queeni wrote:
Woah, that's really pricy!
From what I hear the Euro's in Zagreb should be pretty cheap, though. I hope I can at least go there ...
I remember Zagreb Euros 2008 were also amazingly cheap. And from what rumors we heard @Worlds, it will be cheap next year, too Wink Fingers crossed Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   12.06.12 13:05

Does anybody know anything about the EC tickets (Zagreb)? I want to go there but I couldn't find any information about the prices and so on... Maybe they are not yet on sale... Any idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   13.06.12 8:23

Zsofie wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the EC tickets (Zagreb)? I want to go there but I couldn't find any information about the prices and so on... Maybe they are not yet on sale... Any idea?

They are not yet on sale. Probably in September or October.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   13.06.12 11:50

Bladette wrote:
They are not yet on sale. Probably in September or October.

Thank you so much for the information! I can't wait to have the tickets. Danseuse01
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   20.02.13 15:30

Time for a bump...

Here's the promo video released ahead of Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZNGzkCnkM

And a special poster created by Canadian skating great Toller Cranston, who recently became the official artist of Skate Canada.

Meanwhile, I know of two withdrawals so far: American pair Caydee Denney and John Coughlin are out, since he is still rehabbing from hip surgery; and Kiira Korpi withdraw today, also for medical reasons (she also missed Euros). Hopefully there will be no more withdrawals and everyone will remain healthy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   22.02.13 16:42

I'm happy that Romain Ponsart was selected to the Worlds! Great that the FFSG supports equally their three young boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   25.02.13 15:18

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   25.02.13 16:31

Bladette wrote:
I'm happy that Romain Ponsart was selected to the Worlds! Great that the FFSG supports equally their three young boys.
Seems kind of unfair to me, considering that Chafik has had better results and has never been to Worlds himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   25.02.13 19:36

Yulie wrote:
Bladette wrote:
Seems kind of unfair to me, considering that Chafik has had better results and has never been to Worlds himself.

I understand your point but I think it's important to motivate Ponsart, too. Otherwise his season would be already over and I think he has talent, so it's good that the FFSG still gives him a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   26.02.13 0:35

thanks ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   28.02.13 18:52

I guess I got happy too early about Ponsart. According to the FFSG's Twitter they are sending only Brian and Florent. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   28.02.13 19:51

Bladette wrote:
I guess I got happy too early about Ponsart. According to the FFSG's Twitter they are sending only Brian and Florent. scratch
I don't think Ponsart has the minimum scores. I think he may have gotten the SP minimum last season, but not the LP.

I still maintain Besseghier should have been listed - Ponsart could have been given lower-profile assignments, as his results actually merit at this point - and I still think Chafik should be sent. What's the worst that can happen? He'll skate badly? So it'll be a learning opportunity. To finally get three slots and then not use them is beyond stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   28.02.13 20:08

http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2013/02/28/la-selection-francaise-avec-amodio-et-joubert

grrrrrrrrrmur Roman Ponsart l' announced on his page Facebook, ((he was chosen)) but the fédé abandons the idea to send the third skater, unfortunately the fssg did not give explanation! Roman waits!

It is unacceptable but it is not the first one that this fédé acts so impudently to the skaters!!
How please that these young people could acquire experience, to become famous!!
irritated.
Romain Ponsart l' annoncé sur sa page Facebook ,(( il était sélectionné )) mais la fédé renonce d'envoyer le troisième patineur, malheureusement la fssg n'a pas donné des explications! Romain attend !

C'est inadmissible mais ce n'est pas la première que cette fédé agit aussi cavalièrement auprès des patineurs!!
Comment voulez-vous que ces jeunes puissent acquérir de l'expérience ,de se faire connaître!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   28.02.13 20:42

My mistake, Ponsart does have the minimum score - he got the LP TES at the Volvo Cup and the SP TES at least twice. In that case, I have no idea what the FFSG is on about - it's not like they gave him some criterion to aim for in order for the Worlds assignment to be official, he wasn't even sent to any competitions after the initial assignment!

I still think Besseghier is the better choice and the one who should go, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   01.03.13 8:29

Ponsart must be pissed, I can only imagine his frustration after practicing for weeks for nothing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nCherry95
Mexican Hat Dance

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   01.03.13 10:51

Something I don't get about the federations, to have THREE spots - and not to use them, I can imagine the frustration for Ponsart and Besseghier - skaters who both have merits to participate in the World Championship.

The same as it happened with Tamar Katz, who had the qualified to the Olympics back then in Vancouver 2010, but the federation decided NOT to send her. Why?

What's the worse thing that can happen? People work really hard with a big motivation to get this opportunities, and then... nothing!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/cestNice
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   01.03.13 11:15

nCherry95 wrote:
Something I don't get about the federations, to have THREE spots - and not to use them, I can imagine the frustration for Ponsart and Besseghier - skaters who both have merits to participate in the World Championship.

The same as it happened with Tamar Katz, who had the qualified to the Olympics back then in Vancouver 2010, but the federation decided NOT to send her. Why?
It wasn't the IISF that stopped Katz from going, it was the National Olympic Committee that set her a very strict criterion. The federation lobbied on her behalf, to no avail. But regardless of who's responsible, I agree that not sending a qualified skater to an event when you have the slot is ridiculous. I am sure that the Americans would love to have three men's slots, and the FFSG just throws away their third. The Spanish Fed did the same - they have two slots but won't send Javier Raya. A pity, and very shortsighted not to send younger skaters to get experience that will serve them well in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   01.03.13 20:56

i only just read what you guys wrote and i am as baffled as you are. having the spots and not sending the skaters makes no sense. the federations offered any explanations ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   02.03.13 11:04

Federations can be so stupid. How many chances does the FFSG get to send three skaters? How many chances do young skaters get to go to worlds when their result does not affect the number of berths for next year, so no pressure at all?

And the FFSG should remember that Brian will be retired after Sochi, so they need to start getting the next generation out there...

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   02.03.13 13:05

I read that the Spanish fed got a bit confused, not realising that unless Javier F fails to make the top 10 they could not loose their 2nd spot: however no excuse for the French fed, they have had muiltiple spots for years & should know the score....

Such a waste of extra spots & last year's good performances.

I agree with Yulie that Chafik should be the 1st choice for this 3rd spot, but would much rather Ponsart went than nobody!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World London Canada 2013   

Back to top Go down

World London Canada 2013
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Brian's Competitions/Les Compétitions de Brian-
Jump to: