thank you yulie Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   04.04.12 18:17

http://www.lefigaro.fr/sport/2012/04/01/02001-20120401ARTFIG00214-patinage-la-renaissance-nicoise-de-brian-joubert.php

It tells us France would probably bid for the 2016 World Championships,too.

http://www.jsports.co.jp/skate/yamato/competition-11-12/post-85/

Former Japan Champion Yamato Tamura wrote "I think he showed me the dignity of the former World Champion, and it was a very manly and cool performance. "

Not so latest news,but...
http://www.tns-sofres.com/points-de-vue/61D7024014034B49A2A7FC463261C4C9.aspx
http://www.tns-sofres.com/_assets/files/2012.01.09-mag40.pdf

Mag 40 : classement des 40 sportifs préférés des Français
Brian is 26th(November 2011's ranking)
Jumped from 31th(June 2011)

Le Mag 40 des sportifs préférés - Des femmes -
He is 12th Laughing

but - Des hommes -
There is no his name.

- des 15-24 ans -
He is 30th

- Des 65 ans et plus -
He is 9th lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   04.04.12 22:49

thanks selia Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 14:58

There's a new interview with Brian over at Golden Skate. Some interesting bits:

- Brian does run-throughs of his SPs but usually not his LP, and prefers to train the programs in smaller pieces (I didn't know this); he also said he skated his Worlds LP with that approach.
- He wants to work with Albena and Maxim again.
- And is considering spending more time with Urmanov.

Go read it Smile http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/brian-joubert-reloaded/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roosje
The Mission

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 15:16

Oh, this is such a nice interview! Thanx Yulie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 15:44

Yulie wrote:
There's a new interview with Brian over at Golden Skate. Some interesting bits:

- Brian does run-throughs of his SPs but usually not his LP, and prefers to train the programs in smaller pieces (I didn't know this); he also said he skated his Worlds LP with that approach.
- He wants to work with Albena and Maxim again.
- And is considering spending more time with Urmanov.

Go read it Smile http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/brian-joubert-reloaded/

An interesting read. Thanks, Yulie.

I liked this bit:
Quote :
For the Frenchman, it is no longer not about winning medals anymore. He has ten medals from Europeans, six from Worlds, 13 from the Grand Prix series and Final, and nine from Nationals. He is also the first, and so far, only European skater to have landed three quads in a free program.

And wasn't he recently the second man ever to land (though not cleanly) two quads in the short?

I wasn't so thrilled with this:

Quote :
“My motivation isn’t necessarily to win more medals, but to become a very good artistic skater,” said Joubert. “I want to prove to myself that I can be an artistic skater. I proved already that I can do a lot technically, and I am renowned for my technique especially, but I can be among the top skaters of the World artistically, too.”

What do you need to be "artistic" for? You're not going to beat Chan in this game. Even Takahashi can't. Brian's PCS for that old warhorse, Matrix, were the fourth highest in the LP, better than his PCS in 2010 when he medaled and certainly better than last year (where he was fourth on the free) with the "artistic" Beethoven program. On the same note, I am not thrilled with the idea of D&S choreographing for him again. I wasn't a fan of Ancient Lands and didn't feel it suited his style.

Oh, well. He did mention that there wasn't enough time to train 2-quad programs before worlds. Maybe he can try them at a low pressure event such as the WTT?

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 16:16

It was very interesting what he said about skating programs in pieces!
And maybe these new exhibition numbers are part of his attempt to become more artistic?
I just hope he will stay healthy if he starts to practice even harder!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 16:46

lonnie wrote:
I liked this bit:
Quote :
For the Frenchman, it is no longer not about winning medals anymore. He has ten medals from Europeans, six from Worlds, 13 from the Grand Prix series and Final, and nine from Nationals. He is also the first, and so far, only European skater to have landed three quads in a free program.
And wasn't he recently the second man ever to land (though not cleanly) two quads in the short?
I believe so.

Brian really is beyond medals at this point - he's had an amazing career, and as far as I'm concerned, anything he achieves is a bonus.

Quote :

Quote :
“My motivation isn’t necessarily to win more medals, but to become a very good artistic skater,” said Joubert. “I want to prove to myself that I can be an artistic skater. I proved already that I can do a lot technically, and I am renowned for my technique especially, but I can be among the top skaters of the World artistically, too.”

What do you need to be "artistic" for? You're not going to beat Chan in this game. Even Takahashi can't. Brian's PCS for that old warhorse, Matrix, were the fourth highest in the LP, better than his PCS in 2010 when he medaled and certainly better than last year (where he was fourth on the free) with the "artistic" Beethoven program. On the same note, I am not thrilled with the idea of D&S choreographing for him again. I wasn't a fan of Ancient Lands and didn't feel it suited his style
I doubt he's trying to out-Chan Patrick; more like he wants to try new things (he says "prove to myself") and show that he's not a one-note skater. The Beethoven program didn't garner high PCS like The Matrix did at Worlds, but this was likely because he wasn't skating in the final group at last year's major events, nor was his tech as good.

I liked Ancient Lands but obviously Brian struggled with it. I think if he does go with DenStavs, it may be better to have them do the SP.

Quote :
Oh, well. He did mention that there wasn't enough time to train 2-quad programs before worlds. Maybe he can try them at a low pressure event such as the WTT?
I could see him trying that. OTOH, if he wants to continue the momentum from Worlds, he might choose a less risky strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.04.12 22:19

lonnie wrote:

Quote :

What do you need to be "artistic" for? You're not going to beat Chan in this game. Even Takahashi can't. Brian's PCS for that old warhorse, Matrix, were the fourth highest in the LP, better than his PCS in 2010 when he medaled and certainly better than last year (where he was fourth on the free) with the "artistic" Beethoven program. On the same note, I am not thrilled with the idea of D&S choreographing for him again. I wasn't a fan of Ancient Lands and didn't feel it suited his style.

I think that Brian and Daisuke are loads more artistic than Chan. The PCS scores have jack shit to do with artistry in my opinion. No one enjoys watching Chan. He is not a crowd pleaser. I believe that Brian means to be more of an entertainer. I think he already is. It's just a matter of getting the judges to notice and get their heads around him being more than a quad guy. No one is ever going to beat Chan on PCS because those scores are fabricated to force his wins. I think everyone knows that, but Brian could knock his PCS scores up a bit.

I didn't like Ancient Lands either. I still haven't figured out if he was supposed to be making bowls or what.

However, I do think Brian is on the right track. Where I would disagree with him is on his need to always go back. The judges judge you based on what you do in the meantime. What you do on the ice is only part of it. The fact that his rink won't be available next year might force him to do something the skating world has always wanted him to do. Leave home. That and any other signs he's doing things differently would probably make them like him better. If it were up to me, I'd have him work with new people in a new place just to prove he's cool with changing. Even if he just went to Paris and worked with a new choreographer, that would say a lot imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.04.12 20:58

Quote :
“I want to thank my fans, because even in the tough past two years, I received many letters of encouragement,” said Joubert. “Usually I read my mail before practice and it motivates me to work hard. They have always believed in me and I am happy that I skated this World Championship for them as well.”

This part definitely made me go "aww", and it also makes me want to write to him! Smile Does he respond to fan mail?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   29.04.12 18:24

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   30.04.12 0:02

thank you selia Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   30.04.12 17:41

Thanks Selia!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   30.04.12 19:31

Great article , thanks Sélia!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.05.12 11:22

to our friends from Japan : there is an interview of Brian (and Florent) in フィギュアスケートDays vol.14 !

http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html

If someone can translate it... Smile

sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.05.12 13:48

thanks alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cavendish
Untouchable

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   31.05.12 14:54

I've bought "Figure Skate Days vol.14" http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html
The article featuring Brian and Florent is very interesting to read! They were interviewed during the World Team Trophy and they seemed to be so relaxed.
Here are several interesting points from the article.

・Brian shared a room with Florent at Tokyo. Florent likes to have his luggage and room tidy. Conversely, Brian doesn't clean up the room.
・When Brian asked about Florent by the interviewer, Brian asked back "Florent as a baby skater?" Laughing But Brian says that he believes Florent will be a World Champion.
・Both Brian and Florent says the counterpart is not an enemy but rather a friend.
・They were asked about "Malaguena" of the last year. It was interesting for Brian to fight with Florent with using the same music.
・They have a lot of enjoyable memories which is unrelated to skating. The interviewer wanted Brian to tell some episodes, but he won't do so because he wanted to keep them secret. Razz
・For the first time, Brian landed a 4 Flip in the course of his training during the past week.(!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   31.05.12 15:30

Wow, that's really interesting, thanks for sharing with us! What a pity that he wanted to keep their enjoyable memories secret. I'm curious now. Very Happy And he made a 4 Flip - wow, so great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   31.05.12 15:43

Thanks Cavendish!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   31.05.12 16:09

cavendish wrote:
I've bought "Figure Skate Days vol.14" http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html
The article featuring Brian and Florent is very interesting to read! They were interviewed during the World Team Trophy and they seemed to be so relaxed.
Here are several interesting points from the article.

・Brian shared a room with Florent at Tokyo. Florent likes to have his luggage and room tidy. Conversely, Brian doesn't clean up the room.

I guess his mom picks up after him still...

Quote :
・For the first time, Brian landed a 4 Flip in the course of his training during the past week.(!)

This sounds promising. I alsways thought Brian should try the 4F because the Flip is his best jums (edge call notwithstanding). If he can rotate and cleanly land he stand a chance of getting more out of a 4F with an e! than for a barely-landed/stepped-out 4S.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   31.05.12 17:14

cavendish wrote:
・They have a lot of enjoyable memories which is unrelated to skating. The interviewer wanted Brian to tell some episodes, but he won't do so because he wanted to keep them secret. Razz
Well, at 2011 Euros, Brian said Florent talks in his sleep... but nothing more interesting than that. It's really great to see Team France get along well. Smile

Quote :
For the first time, Brian landed a 4 Flip in the course of his training during the past week.(!)
I thought he used to do them in training earlier in his career? Anyway, if he can get a stable one, that would be a huge advantage. The base value for a 4F is 12.3, much higher than the more common 4T and 4S. Even with iffy GOEs, that would be a lot. I figure the first person to land one would get some wow GOEs from the judges, and also, it seemed like the judges were generally a bit less tough on wrong edge takeoffs this past season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   01.06.12 12:52

I remember Annick Dumont talking about Brian landing a 4flip in Courcheval training a few years ago - maybe he means that the recent one is the first in a while?

Just think, if he was to list it as a 4lutz - he could probably get even higher points & no wrong-take-off-edge deduction!!!!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   02.06.12 10:58

Sheena wrote:

Just think, if he was to list it as a 4lutz - he could probably get even higher points & no wrong-take-off-edge deduction!!!!

LOL, I immediately thought of this! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   02.06.12 11:41

Bladette wrote:
Sheena wrote:

LOL, I immediately thought of this! Laughing

Me too Razz

Thanks for sharing those interesting facts, Cavendish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   02.06.12 18:03

But if he calls is a 4F, he can be the first to land one! Wouldn't that be nice?

Afterward he can start calling it a 4Lz. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   

Back to top Go down

Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Discussion on Brian-
Jump to: