Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   03.06.12 9:47

What's the base value for a quad lutz?

I'm surprised no one has landed a quad flip. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_%28figure_skating%29), Takahashi's the only one who has attempted it in competition?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   03.06.12 10:26

marysy wrote:
What's the base value for a quad lutz?
13.5 - but I doubt Brian will risk training one, considering his history with the 3Lz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5582
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   03.06.12 14:11

So Brian could make history twice this coming season - firstly the first skater to land a 4flip (12.3 minus GOE) & in following competitions he can be the first European skater to land a 4Lutz (13.5 with no deductions)!! ....seems silly that he could get about an extra 1.5 points for doing the same jump under a different name!!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 12:21

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=283119138452152&set=a.182720991825301.38255.100002622038241&type=1&theater

Thank you very much for the translation, Saori bisousfleurs !

He did a great achievement commended for a European championship for 10 consecutive years from 2002 through 2011. He let the toe loop jumps*2 and Salchow jump*1, 3 times quad jumps in total succeed in CoR of 2006 and was called "King of Quads".

However, on the other hand, he missed some titles in the big competitions because the level of his step and spin did not readily rise. and so-called quads debate broke out, "the evaluation of the quads jump was too low in the present marking method" . but the discussion helped the relaxation of the rule of the jump of later ISU. We can say that he is one of the people who has rendered distinguished services.

He missed the medal of the European Championship in this season because of his injuries ( left knee and the back ) continued from last year.

Gislaine

Last edited by Gislaine on 11.06.12 13:05; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 12:53

Gis, I thought it was an old article which you sent me a link. because there is no new things.. scratch

I didn't buy the book, so I don't know what is written in it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 13:10

Saori, I made a mistake about link therefore it is the link which I found at our Russian friends' (I edited my post by putting him).
Undoubtedly, I blend brushes today Embarassed !!
Saori , je me suis trompée de lien donc c'est bien le lien que j'ai trouvé chez nos amies russes ( j'ai édité mon post en le mettant).
Décidément ,je me mélange les pinceaux aujourd'hui !!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 13:11

Giiis!!!! cavendish had already posted it !!!!
http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html

Ice.Cream wrote:
to our friends from Japan : there is an interview of Brian (and Florent) in フィギュアスケートDays vol.14 !

http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html

If someone can translate it... Smile

cavendish wrote:
I've bought "Figure Skate Days vol.14" http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html
The article featuring Brian and Florent is very interesting to read! They were interviewed during the World Team Trophy and they seemed to be so relaxed.
Here are several interesting points from the article.

・Brian shared a room with Florent at Tokyo. Florent likes to have his luggage and room tidy. Conversely, Brian doesn't clean up the room.
・When Brian asked about Florent by the interviewer, Brian asked back "Florent as a baby skater?" Laughing But Brian says that he believes Florent will be a World Champion.
・Both Brian and Florent says the counterpart is not an enemy but rather a friend.
・They were asked about "Malaguena" of the last year. It was interesting for Brian to fight with Florent with using the same music.
・They have a lot of enjoyable memories which is unrelated to skating. The interviewer wanted Brian to tell some episodes, but he won't do so because he wanted to keep them secret. Razz
・For the first time, Brian landed a 4 Flip in the course of his training during the past week.(!)

Thank you very much cavendish bisousfleurs

no problem Gis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 13:19

Oufffffffffff ,merci Saori !!!!!!!! lol!

ange

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   11.06.12 23:29

thanks saori Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   12.06.12 13:51

Thank you Saori thankyou2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cavendish
Untouchable

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   21.06.12 14:05

Hello love
I finally finished translating the article on "Figure Skate Days vol.14"! http://book.dai-x.com/shop/25/3337.html I wish you enjoy this.
(I somewhat omitted the part of Florent...sorry)

―There is an excellent skater in France, Brian Joubert. What do you think of Brian as a senior French skater?

Florent :(Smiling) He is amazing! We were fourth and fifth at the World Championships. We have got third and fourth here (in Tokyo). France has never experienced these achievements in the men's field. As well as being a good friend to me, Brian gives me amazing energy. Besides, we respect each other. If they see only the rivalry between us, I would scream "Wow"! We both do our best but only one of us will win. No matter what happens, we still respect each other. All members of the Team France, not only Brian and I, are getting along very well. I enjoy being with them.

―For example, when Brian gives a good performance, does that affect you?
Florent: Of course. I guess we are influenced by one another. Yesterday (on the day of men's free skating in World Team Trophy), I skated before Brian. I believed Brian felt good as watching my performance. Although figure skating is an individual sport, we (two) are a one team, I suppose. Brian always supports me so that I can give a good performance. I also support Brian at the same time. That's why we are strong.

―Do you have any special episode between Brian and you?
Florent: There are many episodes! Well, for example, now we share a hotel room in Tokyo. I like to keep my belongings together and my room cleaned up, but Brian doesn't. He is so messy! Hahaha! But I don't care about that. Brian is my friend. It's a pleasure to be with him.

(Brian enters)

―Brian, what do you think of Florent as your junior?
Brian: Florent as a baby skater? Wink
Florent: Non! What's the "baby skater"!? Smile
Brian: He helps me a lot. He encourages me to try my best both in training and a competition. Considering him as my French teammate, I am sure that someday he will become a World Champion. Won't you?
Florent: Ha-ha, I'm happy to hear that. As I said before, Brian encourages me and Team France like this. Then, we Team France get better and stronger. This is very good.
Brian: It is true that we compete in the same competition, but we are not enemies. We keep good relationships and respect each other. He is not a mere rival. He is my dear friend and my comrade. With him, we can improve ourselves.

―Last season(2010-2011), both of you used the same music in short program. (Since they don't respond to what the interviewer said) did you know that?
Florent: I didn't know it until now! Smile
Brian: Ha ha ha! That's interesting. But the short program was not good for me. While I skated with the program, I was not confident. Still, it was interesting to fight with Florent using the same music, wasn't it?
Florent: True, we used the same music but our programs are not the same, because we have different styles. Both of us are from France and used the same music. We both are strong but have different characters. It was good for us to be able to show our differences. People around us may have thought "Why, the same music?", but I believe that using the same music helped us to understand each other's character and energy.

―I see. As I asked Florent before, Brian, is there any special memory between you and Florent?
Brian: Asked about a memory between us, I remember the European Championships last year (in 2011). Florent was first and I was second. I was very happy.
Florent: Me too.
Brian: We have a lot of other memories, but they are not concerned with skating.
―That's OK.
Brian: No. (Bitter smile) That's something I wouldn't say here. It's a secret Smile
Florent: Ha ha ha ha ha!
Brian: I am always happy when I am with Florent.

(Florent exits)

-How was your last season?
Brian: It was a very difficult season, but it turned out good at last. I was not me during the last two seasons. I lost my confidence and I was not strong. Thus, I changed everything after the very catastrophic European Championships. Now I feel like I've got back to my old self of three years ago. On the ice, I can keep my confidence and enjoy skating. The World Championships was wonderful. I also did a good performance here in World Team Trophy. I became myself again. Although I was tired, I was nevertheless able to give a good performance.

-After the European Championships, what and how did you change?
Brian: After the European Championships, I discussed with my coach. I told her that her teaching style may not be suitable for me. I said that her teaching method was not so good. Then she asked me "what do you want to do?", so I told her what I was thinking. That's the way how we have worked after the European Championships. For example, I practice part-by-part rather than have a run-through. I feel more comfortable with the current way of training. Now I have regained sensation.

―I heard that your coach advised you to retire.
Brian: Yes. While competing in the European Championships, after the short program as well as before the free skating, she said to me "Don't you think you should retire?" Maybe she couldn't believe in me at that time. Nevertheless I was still able to do a good performance and I wanted to prove it. I said "No! I am not dead yet." Now I really want to continue until Sochi.

―What do you plan to do for Sochi?
Brian: I'll learn step by step. If I am here now, (With speaking, he drew a line in the air. The line was gradually rising to the right. ) next I will land a quad salcow, then a quad flip.

―A quad flip?
Brian: Yeeees! During my training last week, I landed it for the first time. I will concentrate on five components because I often lose many points in that area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zsofie
Untouchable

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   21.06.12 14:21

Thank you so much for translating the whole article! I like how Flo and Brian respect each other, and are good friends. The "messy Brian" part was so funny! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   21.06.12 14:57

Great translation ,thanks Cavendish!!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   07.07.12 6:03

Summer update from La Nouvelle Republique:

Brian is indeed keeping his SP (with some variations, I hope).
Is going to train in Courchevel for the second half of July.
He has shows in Japan & S. Korea (Yu-Na's show?) in August.
He plans to split his training between Niort, Tours (where Gueppe will be based) and Paris (with Annick Dumont). He seems uncertain how much he'll be able to work with Guyon as apparently she's going to be in Chatellerault at least some of the time, but says he hopes to works something out with her.

Link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   07.07.12 7:03

Thanks very much for the article, Yulie. So Dumont has a group of students in Champigny - Alban Préaubert used to train with her...who exactly trains there these days? Glad to hear he's going to continue working with Gueppe. Three training locations sounds complicated though...I wonder if he's planning on spending part of the year in Paris and commuting to Niort and Tours from Poitiers. Isn't Guyon supposed to spend some time in Niort as well, since the older SPCG skaters will be skating there too? Hopefully he can work with her during his time there.

Also hope he gets to refine his SP and make some changes, perhaps with Denkova and Staviski while he's there for the show this week. His revised SP with the new music cuts was only performed half the season last season, so I guess he can get a bit more mileage out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   07.07.12 10:21

marysy wrote:
Glad to hear he's going to continue working with Gueppe. Three training locations sounds complicated though...I wonder if he's planning on spending part of the year in Paris and commuting to Niort and Tours from Poitiers. Isn't Guyon supposed to spend some time in Niort as well, since the older SPCG skaters will be skating there too? Hopefully he can work with her during his time there.

I hope too, he can manage his trainig process with 3 coaches and 3 different locations. However, it's difficult enough...
Goog luck, Brian!

marysy wrote:

Also hope he gets to refine his SP and make some changes, perhaps with Denkova and Staviski while he's there for the show this week. His revised SP with the new music cuts was only performed half the season last season, so I guess he can get a bit more mileage out of it.

I like his Justice SP, and I'm not upset at all he's going to skate it one more season. Brian knows very well it's strong and weak points and he knows exactly what he needs to change in SP. With the help of Albena and Maxim they will do it, I'm sure!
BTW, today Brian is in Astana with them together. I hope, they can use this possibility wo work over new programs as well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   07.07.12 17:38

thank you so much cavendish Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   30.07.12 13:24

http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2012/07/30/plan-de-bataille-pour-sotchi

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   30.07.12 20:57

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   01.08.12 1:41

thank you so much marsy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   04.08.12 15:30

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   05.08.12 21:13

Please note, Marysy's post containing the entire article and photos from, "Leap of Faith" has been deleted by me due to copyright infringement.

She does not have the permission from the author of the article, nor the magazine which published it, nor the photographer who took the photos which accompanied the article. If she had those permissions they should have been included with the posting...and they were not. Also, copies of those permissions should have been forwarded directly to Gislaine for her BJDG files.

To all... please be very careful about the things you wish to repost to this board. Copyright infringement is nothing to fool around with and can get Gis, the owner of this board, into a huge amount of legal trouble. If you are indoubt as to whether it is okay to do so, contact Gis by PM before you post anything.

Mary C., moderator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   05.08.12 22:38

I apologize; it certainly wasn't my intention to post anything that could be considered copyright infringement. I simply wanted to share some photos that I had seen online and won't do it again in the future. Sorry again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   06.08.12 4:33

Marysy...the problem is not that you posted something you found online...the problem is that you posted the entire thing and reposted the photos. I know you meant well by doing it. In the legal sense you can only repost up to 10 percent of the article without it being considered as copyright infringement. On the other hand, the photos can never be reposted unless you have the photographer's written permission to do so.

It would be much better, in the future, if you would simply provide the link to whatever the article is. That way everyone gets to read it and see the pics, and nobody puts this board at risk of legal entanglements over copyright infringement.

Mary C., moderator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   06.08.12 6:33

I'd like to jump in regarding the article Marysy posted. First, I know she meant well and just wanted to share a new article with us. Second, this is not an article one can link to, because IFS Magazine is usually available to subscribers only, and other than the first couple of paragraphs. So maybe it would be best to just write a couple of key points and refer people to the source for the rest.

With that said, a lot of people aren't familiar with copyright law and what constitutes infringement versus what might be considered fair use, especially since laws aren't always the same in different countries. For instance, I am not at all certain that 10% is a hard and fast rule and I would be very careful about using that as a guideline. This post is from a book blog, and deals with images, but there's a lot of useful information for anyone interested in the subject of copyright and fair use. I agree that in the future, it's always a good idea to get in touch with admins if there's any question about the ethics/legality if posting certain materials here.

Let's hope that future articles will not be behind a subscription paywall, so that we can link and read without any problems... with ATS coming up later this month, so I'm sure there will soon be some fun stuff online Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   

Back to top Go down

Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Discussion on Brian-
Jump to: