View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts: 3963
Registration date: 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.11.11 13:54

Im so sorry that Brian has to skip TEB as well.

Concerning his future plans - ladies, before getting desperate please consider that for a long time Brian kept saying he would finish his career after Nice. Now he says that he wants to compete until Sochi. So even if he really misses all the next season, he will still give us some "encore" for his carreer!

I just wish he gets healthy and in shape soon again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts: 3229

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.11.11 15:30

Sad that Brian isn't doing TEB, but I'd rather have him be 100% healthy for Euros and Worlds.

Thanks Gis! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

Number of posts: 652
Registration date: 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.11.11 17:39

quintia wrote:
I'd rather have him be 100% healthy for Euros and Worlds.

Me too!!!
And I believe that if Brian won't be have problems with his health more, he will prepare very well for this very important competition Very Happy
I cross my fingers for him!!! hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vida
Untouchable

Number of posts: 55
Registration date: 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 13:07

Brian's plans http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/vienne/SPORT/Sports-de-glisse/Patinage/Brian-Joubert-Je-ne-veux-plus-faire-de-saison-complete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 15:00

Thanks Vida Very Happy
I'm worried Sad because Brian said:
"Mais, si je vois, que je ne suis plus dans le coup et plus motive, bien sur que, j'arreterai apres les Mondiaux".
It means: "But if I see that I'm no longer in the game and more motivated, of course I'll stop after the World Championships".
So we can't be sure that Brian will skate at the Olympic Games in Sochi, it will be depend on his results in the anterior competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts: 640
Registration date: 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 15:11

fandebrian wrote:
So we can't be sure that Brian will skate at the Olympic Games in Sochi, it will be depend on his results in the anterior competition.
He's said that before, and I think that's a good approach: there's no point in him sticking around if he can't skate at the level he wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts: 3979
Registration date: 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 16:38

thanks vida Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vida
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 16:46

Welcome ladies!
I agree with Yulie on this - he said before that his competing in Sochi will depend on how he will perform at Worlds. Last year I didn't even hope he will stick till Sochi, cuz he was so confident about only staying till Nice Worlds, but not so long ago he started thinking about staying longer. We will wait and see. I love seeing him compete, but I do not want him to endure pain or just not be up to par with the younger guys. He would do great at shows, he enjoys himself so much doing that, and he will gather crowds, of this I am sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts: 5494

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 17:14

Reading my translator. I think Brian is (wisely) playing it by ear - he will get this season over with & then think about the next, then the one after that. While he feels he would like to be at Sochi he is going to wait & see....

Wimbledon 2013, Mens Final, (the after match, on-court interview)

Sue Barker: "How much do you remember of that last point?"
    Andy Murray: "I haven't got a clue what happened..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts: 12729
Registration date: 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 17:34

I am not too much surprised of his statement not to make GP for seasons!
Sotchi, asks me a lot of questions, I think that everything will depend on Nice and especially its summer preparation, or and with whom and his two programs definitely to go up, with all for that asks "COP" and to find its technique!!
Je ne suis pas trop étonnée de sa déclaration pour ne pas faire les GP pour les saisons!
Sotchi , me pose beaucoup de questions , je pense que tout dépendra de Nice et surtout sa préparation estivale ,ou et avec qui ... et de ses deux programmes bien monter , avec tout ce que demande le " COP" et trouver sa technique!!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
Mon ami

Number of posts: 418
Registration date: 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 17:42

Yulie wrote:
fandebrian wrote:
He's said that before, and I think that's a good approach: there's no point in him sticking around if he can't skate at the level he wants.
Yes there is. Just to compete in his fourth Olympics would be a feat in itself. He doesn't need to win all the time. This is the whole problem with Brian's approach and that of his support team. It shouldn't be 'win or else why bother?' There are two sides to figure skating. Yes it's a sport but it's also show. Even the competitions. I think this injury has done more damage to his head than anything else. Not that long ago he was all gung ho and planning his trip to Sochi. Now it's 'well ... er, um.....maybe not.' I'm sorry but I'm going to say exactly what I think.

Figure skating is about who's new and who's not for the people who control it. There is an idea among the people who run it that once skaters have had their turn they should get out of the way. Nothing that has happened with Brian in the last two years contradicts that. Everything has telegraphed the fact that the powers that be think it's Florent's time and Brian needs to get out of the way. It was they who tried to create bad blood and drama between them. It was only Brian's good sense that changed that around. So this year what happens? Brian's raring to go and Florent pretty much fails miserably at Skate America. What would have happened if Brian showed up at Cup of China and medaled? Wouldn't that have ruined all of their plans? I'm sorry but I don't know that this injury is exactly or how severe it was but every time Brian makes one of these decisions to not compete DG is always right there. Remember the tummy ache that took Brian out of the LP of TEB last year? Who was sitting right next to him looking as suspicious as hell? I'm sorry I think Brian is sacrificing what's left of his competitive career because he fears what will happen to him later on if he loses DG's support. I got the feeling he has promised Brian an actual job after he's done skating and that's why he's still able to control every move that Brian makes.

I hate being suspicious but I'm old and life has made me that way. What bothered me the most in all this news is that video that played during his interview where he announced he wouldn't be competing at TEB. If he was too injured to compete I expected to see him with a walker. But he was saying that he just wasn't 100%. Well, of course not. So what? If he had decent people on his team they would tell him go out there, get some points, don't strain yourself and make sure everyone knows you're still in it. As I said when he when he withdrew from CoC, if he can practice, he can compete. He's putting himself at the same risk of further injury. If he goes up to try a jump alone in the rink or in front of a crowd what is the difference? He's still doing it.

The fact is Brian is in a position of power right now. But that will soon fade if he leaves the scene. He needs to convert himself into a show skater but you can't do that overnight. I really believe he has at least one saboteur around him. They are wasting his time with confusion. They're playing a game. I think this is what Philippe was always trying to tell him but everyone just heard it as insults to Brian. He was telling him that he's a pawn in a game. Whether Brian knows it or not, it's clear. If I'm right at all, Brian needs outside help. There are plenty of skaters from the older generation that he can speak to who can help him out. Even if Brian is aware of the situation and is trying to finagle what he wants out of it, these old coots are better at the game. They've been doing it for a lot longer. He needs to talk to someone who has been through this but who isn't jealous of him. He needs a new mentor. Someone who can help him with his whole life, not just the next competition. If it were my choice, I'd pick Kurt Browning. This DG guy, whether Brian trusts him or not, has never been in the position Brian is in right now and he never had the opportunities that Brian does.

And he really needs to maintain his outside relationships. He relationship with his fans and relationships with other skaters. If he doesn't have enough of those he should work on them now.

And he needs to read Andre Agassi's book!!!

That's it. I'm done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts: 640
Registration date: 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 18:11

Facepalm, that's an awful lot of guesswork about the psyche and motives of someone none of us know (or at least, none of us know well). The stuff about DG is highly speculative as well; he's opportunistic, but he's not stupid enough to sabotage the career of the most bankable French skater of the past decade and more.

I highly doubt Brian's malingering, he takes his responsibilities as a competitor very seriously. Brian's smart and experienced, and doesn't need Gailhaguet to tell him that competing when he's not in good shape can be damaging to his reputation and future prospects. And looking at past WDSs - at the 2008-9 GPF Brian was presumably on his own with JCS, 2009-10 was medically necessary, and last year's TEB was likely Brian's choice, too. I'll guess that 2007 TEB was also medically necessary. He's not a machine. I also don't think the FFSG is ready to fully back Florent considering he's not been the most consistent skater. I can't imagine it would have mattered much if Brian had medalled at CoC; if there are plans to back Florent, it'll happen regardless of what Brian does. But look at what DG had to say about Florent in this TEB preview...* no, I'd put my money that the main political push this year will be for Nathalie and Fabian, the most likely of the French skaters to do well at Worlds.

As for Sochi and the future, Brian's goals may not be to medal so much as to perform well. But there's no point in him going if he can't skate at the level he wants to and have a respectable showing. He's a World Champion, and is entitled to feel that it would hurt his pride and legacy to do such a thing. He's never committed to Sochi to the extent you suggest - the most recent comment is much more in line with his past comments than the gung-ho attitude you describe (see Vida's post on the same subject).

If he wants to do shows, he'll have no trouble with that whatsoever. DG does not control Russian shows, Japanese galas or Yu-Na Kim's company. Brian will be fine. He has successfully navigated his career for over a decade now, and he knows what he's doing. The record speaks for itself.

* The FFSG may not be so enamored of Flo as they once were. His 2010-11 season was good, but other than the Euros title, it was by no means spectacular (no GP win, weak GPF showing). Worlds showed that there was an attitude issue, his insistence on staying with Morozov likely did him no good, and his JO and SA performances were hardly brilliant and by no means well-received. This weekend if vital to Amodio's chances going forward, IMO, and he has a tough field to contend with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts: 1036
Registration date: 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.11.11 18:47

The reason why I'm not very excited about the idea of Brian making the decision based on the results of Nice is because I am worried that skating at home will be too much pressure on him. hide8up Also, saying publicly that he makes the decision based on Nice, adds even more pressure on him to succeed, because he would like to continue until Sochi, that's obvious.
On the other hand these home championships are a great opportunity for him to medal, if he only can stay calm and focused.

But if Brian skates fantastically and doesn't finish on the top at home, it is quite clear that the motivation to continue might be gone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   18.11.11 13:57

Bladette wrote:
The reason why I'm not very excited about the idea of Brian making the decision based on the results of Nice is because I am worried that skating at home will be too much pressure on him. hide8up
But if Brian skates fantastically and doesn't finish on the top at home, it is quite clear that the motivation to continue might be gone...

I can say the same, your opinion is very apposite Very Happy
I think it's not good idea Brian made dependent the end of all his career on the World Championships in Nice! No
I can't agree with him. If he thinks about Olympic Games and would like to have medal there, he shouldn't go away after these Worlds, it's not too sensible.
Even if he won't beat this enormous pressure on him in Nice, it shouldn't be reason for him to stop compete and give up!
Perhaps he won't be a have good day in Nice, that's just sport and nobody can be sure about the success but why he says that he wants to resign after Nice? It's beyond me and I can understand these his words in no way!!! No No No Even if he won't be on the top in Nice, he still will be have time to prepare for the Olympics.
I think the World Championships in Nice shouldn't be his last competition in career, he should yet fight for some medal in Sochi and doesn't resign in so easy way!
I believe that he will be wanted to skate in Sochi after the Worlds 2012 and won't say goodbye so easily!
For me it seems to be not in his style, it doesn't suit to him completely as to a big fighter!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vida
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   18.11.11 17:21

We need to take into consideration that he is not 20 anymore, his health is not the same. I wouldn't want for him to be invalid for the rest of his life just to proof something to somebody. I would rather see healthy and happy Brian. He already wrote his name with golden letters into the history of the figure skating
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group ::  :: -