View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   05.01.14 10:10

This is a perfect interview with Brian:

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2014brianjoubert

(i feel even a bit jealous that I never managed to make such an honest interview with him)

There are so many interesting parts, for example:

Quote :
And your short program, whose idea was it to use tango music?

It was Maxim's idea, I didn’t have a choice. And I think it was very good advice from him! I've chosen a lot of music myself, but it was usually the same kind. Everybody was used to seeing me use similar music choices. So, it wouldn’t be a big difference for the Olympic season. Maxim told me, “I have tango music for you”. And finally I thought it was a very good idea. I feel very good skating this program.

I dont like this. I dont like when its not his choice and he insists that he loves it. Usually then it turns out that he didnt like it from the very beginning.

However, this is a great part:

Quote :
Do you have any programs with a story behind it? Your own story, I mean?

Yes, it’s my previous short program, “Justice”. The beginning is a little bit dark, and the end of the program is very energetic and joyful, very cool. It's like a story about my two last seasons, which were very difficult due to the journalists, and with people who said bad things about me. The beginning was about this. The end is like – I don’t care about you, I do my job. Even if you think I’m dead, I’m still here, still remaining in the ranks. This was the story told by my “Justice” program, my private story that I never said to journalists before.

Being a journalist Im not happy what he thinks of journalists, but in some ways I understand him. And the way to prove them wrong with such a program is just a perfect idea.

And this part almost brought tears to my eyes:

Quote :
In the end, what would you like to say to your fans? What advice would you give them?

First of all, I just want to say “Thank you!”. I really hope when I finish my competitive career that they will continue to follow figure skating. And they will find, maybe, another favorite skater. He will be different from me, but I hope they will love him. And they will love figure skating!

It is hard for me to imagine that next season will be without Brian for good. And I started to be a fan of him exactly like this! I was devastated that Yagudin finished his career and thought I will never find any other skater I can love so much. Well, yes. I found Brian and he inspired me, strenghtened me and helped me so many times and he doesnt even know. Now I feel it was so special that it cant happen again. But deep inside I hope it will happen again with some new young skater. Maybe it wont be so intensive or emotional. But I hope this sport has something more to offer even when my favourite skater retires. All I now hope for is a perfect farewell for Brian. A program that will be remembered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   05.01.14 10:31

Titanilla wrote:

And this part almost brought tears to my eyes:

Quote :
In the end, what would you like to say to your fans? What advice would you give them?

First of all, I just want to say “Thank you!”. I really hope when I finish my competitive career that they will continue to follow figure skating. And they will find, maybe, another favorite skater. He will be different from me, but I hope they will love him. And they will love figure skating!

It is hard for me to imagine that next season will be without Brian for good. And I started to be a fan of him exactly like this! I was devastated that Yagudin finished his career and thought I will never find any other skater I can love so much. Well, yes. I found Brian and he inspired me, strenghtened me and helped me so many times and he doesnt even know. Now I feel it was so special that it cant happen again. But deep inside I hope it will happen again with some new young skater. Maybe it wont be so intensive or emotional. But I hope this sport has something more to offer even when my favourite skater retires. All I now hope for is a perfect farewell for Brian. A program that will be remembered.

I started to cry too when I read that part. I seriously doubt that there will be any skater who'll mean so much to me than Brian. It's impossible to replace somebody who's career you have followed for many many years to someone young, unknown person. Brian had so many ups and downs in his career that struggling through them with him, as a fan, made this journey even more exceptional. But although I'm sad that his competitive career will end, I am so happy for the amazing years he offered to us. Of course I will continue to watch figure skating, it is a big part of me, but the competitions won't be as interesting anymore, I won't be caring so much for the results. I doubt I'll be reading practice reports like now, or counting days for the competitions.

Then to other things, I'm a bit worried that he left to Russia so close before the Europeans. What if things don't work out with Morozov, he'll just waste valuable training time. I hope everything goes well between them, I have read some horror stories of Morozov.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13310
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   08.01.14 21:36

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cravey
Matrix

Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 10:34

Interview with Brian and Morozov.
http://fskating.com/2014/01/brian-joubert-reunited-with-nikolai-morozov.html

Interesting, they changed his SP again. But I like the vibe from all this, dunno what Morozov really stands to gain from this, but I want to believe it will help Brian. I sooo want him to go out with a bang (a positive one)  bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dailslidosanalv.ucoz.com/
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 11:15

I would have preferred changing the LP instead. Imo, the SP was nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 13:21

I thought that Brian really liked his sp.. Mmm let us hope that everything will take place well in Budapest.
Je croyais que Brian aimait bien son court ..Mmm espérons que tout se passera bien à Budapest.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 13:48

I'm sceptical because there's not much time for Brian to improve a brand new SP before the big competitions...  scratch  But I want to be satisfied when I can watch him in Budapest and try to reduce my pretensions, although I really wish him a great finish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 16:05

Nina wrote:
I would have preferred changing the LP instead. Imo, the SP was nice.

I totally agree!! His SP earned postive feedback and it was even Brian who admitted that. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 16:13

Imagine in how difficult situation Brian was. He arrived alone in Russia and there was Morozov telling how he should change the sp. If he had disagreed I bet the atmosphere would have been really bad and he would have wasted an important week before the Euros. It's not fair from Morozov to suggest these kind of changes without giving any hints before Brian's arrival and without asking his coach. I would not be surprised if he would return to the original sp after the Euros.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 16:43

Malgosia wrote:
His SP earned postive feedback and it was even Brian who admitted that. scratch

It didn't earn very good scores, though, so I understand his decision. And it didn't seem like he was all that enthusiastic about it - as Titi noted in her post a few days ago.

Bladette wrote:
Imagine in how difficult situation Brian was. He arrived alone in Russia and there was Morozov telling how he should change the sp. If he had disagreed I bet the atmosphere would have been really bad and he would have wasted an important week before the Euros. It's not fair from Morozov to suggest these kind of changes without giving any hints before Brian's arrival and without asking his coach. I would not be surprised if he would return to the original sp after the Euros.

I am by no means a fan of Morozov's work, but Brian is 29 years old and he can make his own decisions. If those decisions are to go work with Morozov and allow Morozov to change his SP, well, that's his call. Morozov is occasionally capable of decent work - e.g. I think he did some good programs for Pang and  Tong, and Dai's almost universally beloved Cyber Swan was a Morozov program - so maybe he'll surprise us this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 18:18

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 20:02

Update: the music is likely from Cirque the Soleil, and apparently Guyon was kept up to date about what was happening.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Joubert-a-encore-change/430923

And Morozov wanted to change the LP too! Brian drew the line at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 20:06

Gah, the LP could've used more changing than the SP. the original SP was really lovely...it's too bad Brian doesn't stick with the original choreo from Denkova/Staviski. Both the tango and Inception were very promising. But maybe Morozov's political clout will help Brian? One can only hope...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 20:16

marysy wrote:
Gah, the LP could've used more changing than the SP. the original SP was really lovely...it's too bad Brian doesn't stick with the original choreo from Denkova/Staviski. Both the tango and Inception were very promising.

He likes the LP more - the music was his own choice - and it was scoring better. I liked the SP better too, but he has to do what feels right for him, not for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 20:27

I share your point of view Marysy, I hope that Brian will make a good competition in Budapest!
Je partage ton point de vue Marysy, j'espère que Brian fera une bonne compétition à Budapest

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   10.01.14 20:55

Whatever will be good for Brian at the end, will be good for us, too. All's well that ends well...  sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   15.01.14 10:10

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   15.01.14 10:29

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   15.01.14 13:57

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.01.14 0:03

merci gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.01.14 1:57

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/01/15/66689482

New interview with Brian. I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but it seems to imply that Brian will take Morozov's offer for a new LP before Sochi?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   16.01.14 10:16

Yes, it sounds like there will be a new LP too! I think it's a good decision, although a bit risky. Otherwise, I don't understand why Brian thinks he doesn't have charisma anymore?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Articles sur Brian/Articles on Brian..6   17.01.14 9:34

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là