Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   29.09.12 15:53

Nini wrote:
I´m so happy for our Babou and his new girlfriend Allyson.
She´s very sweet, and looks a lot younger!
With a new love, he´ll have enough power for the new season!
I love you coeurgif

When did this happen? Do you have a photo of her, I'm curious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13297
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   29.09.12 19:51

You can discuss about sport news of Brian but his private life it's no concern of us !!
Tssss vous pouvez discuter au sujet des infos sportives de Brian mais sa vie privée ne nous regarde pas !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   03.10.12 17:47

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385032_425494520845109_408800766_n.jpg

From http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/France-Bleu-Poitou/156048324456398

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   03.10.12 23:05

thank you so much gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice.Cream
Administrateur

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   04.10.12 10:29

Joubert-Amodio : the expected duel

sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   04.10.12 11:20

thanks alex Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 0:09

Photo from this week in Poitiers:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=399982050070949&set=a.139846616084495.29690.134422073293616&type=1

Brian wants to try pairs after Sochi:
http://www.sport.fr/patinage-artistique/joubert-en-couple-apres-sotchi-283119.shtm

La dernière ligne droite de Joubert:
http://www.eurosport.fr/patinage-artistique/master-s/2008-2009/joubert-vise-sotchi_sto3447156/story.shtml

There is also a scan of an article over on LMDJ from a newspaper in Orleans where Brian was asked what the Master's competition means to him, and he said that he's testing out his new long program, which he plans on keeping for the Olympics in Sochi. This is news to me...hope it's a great program!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 5:10

marysy wrote:
La dernière ligne droite de Joubert:
http://www.eurosport.fr/patinage-artistique/master-s/2008-2009/joubert-vise-sotchi_sto3447156/story.shtml
I find it encouraging that he understands that he needs to focus on his strengths and not turn himself into a skater he isn't. It seemed to me like after 2008 Worlds, in an effort to adapt to the scoring system he changed too much - and he needs to find a better balance between working with the system and playing to his strengths.

Even if the new LP is a masterpiece, I don't like people keeping programs for two seasons. But I guess it's better than if he'd ended up doing his current SP at the Olympics Very Happy

And he's been saying he'll retire after the Olympics and try pairs since before the 2006 Olympics. I'll believe it when I see it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 6:01

Yulie wrote:

I find it encouraging that he understands that he needs to focus on his strengths and not turn himself into a skater he isn't. It seemed to me like after 2008 Worlds, in an effort to adapt to the scoring system he changed too much - and he needs to find a better balance between working with the system and playing to his strengths.
Agreed on this point, though I do hope that he doesn't completely ignore the other stuff altogether.

Quote :
Even if the new LP is a masterpiece, I don't like people keeping programs for two seasons. But I guess it's better than if he'd ended up doing his current SP at the Olympics :D
It's now his 12th season on the senior level, and about half of those seasons, he's kept one program from the previous season. Has he ever said why he prefers to do this? I know Chan has a tendency to do this too...but have any other skaters done it as often as he has? I've heard some skaters say they get bored keeping programs for longer than one season, but it seems this is certainly not the case with Brian! I guess there is something to be said for improving a program and evolving it as it goes (the SP from last season did improve as the season went on), but I wonder if judges would prefer seeing something new too.

Quote :
And he's been saying he'll retire after the Olympics and try pairs since before the 2006 Olympics. I'll believe it when I see it...
I do think he'll at least attempt it, though I don't know whether we'd ever get to see him compete. It doesn't seem like from this article that he's necessarily aiming at competing at a high level. If he does decide to try it, I doubt there'd be a shortage of girls willing to try out with him. He's not the tallest guy out there but seems to be more muscular in his upper body than other singles skaters (i.e. Weir, Hanyu, Chan), which should help with the lifts and throws. I'd be curious to see him try. If they do get to the senior level, it's not like France has a deep pairs field...they could get sent to some international competitions.

I'd love to see him win Cup of China this season so that he'd be the first to win all the Grand Prix competitions. Just curious - is anyone else even close to doing this? I looked up a few skaters who I thought might have been dominant enough to have done it, and it turns out they weren't even close. This distinction is actually pretty hard to come by, since some of it is based on chance (being invited to participate in all the different GPs), and it needs to be someone who has been on top for a long enough period (max 2 GPs per season) and in the past decade, since the GP in its current form has only been in place since 2003 (when Cup of China started). Yulie, any ideas? :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 6:43

marysy wrote:
Yulie wrote:

Agreed on this point, though I do hope that he doesn't completely ignore the other stuff altogether.
I think if you look at Plushenko, he's basically said screw it and he does what he wants. Lambiel did it at times, too. I don't know if the judges will allow Brian to get away with it, and I agree that he does have to pay attention to some things (e.g. no excuse for dropping spin levels), but he'll feel more comfortable and confident if he's trying to be the best skater he can be rather than the best skater someone else can be.

Quote :
It's now his 12th season on the senior level, and about half of those seasons, he's kept one program from the previous season. Has he ever said why he prefers to do this? I know Chan has a tendency to do this too...but have any other skaters done it as often as he has? I've heard some skaters say they get bored keeping programs for longer than one season, but it seems this is certainly not the case with Brian! I guess there is something to be said for improving a program and evolving it as it goes (the SP from last season did improve as the season went on), but I wonder if judges would prefer seeing something new too.
KvdP did it a lot, too. Also Lysacek's kept some programs over the years, and he makes blah music choices besides; however, the recycling was mostly earlier in his career. I've no idea why Brian does it - sometimes it's more of a money-saving thing, but that can't possibly be a consideration in Brian's case; training in Poitiers with lesser known coaches would have saved a lot of money, and he's mostly stayed away from the pricier choreographers. The official line is that Chan does it because his programs are so complex, but I suspect money may have been a concern for him at times, as his training expenses are obscenely high even without paying Lori Nichol tons of money. I doubt Wilson is much cheaper, but Buttle has to be.

Quote :
I'd love to see him win Cup of China this season so that he'd be the first to win all the Grand Prix competitions. Just curious - is anyone else even close to doing this? I looked up a few skaters who I thought might have been dominant enough to have done it, and it turns out they weren't even close. This distinction is actually pretty hard to come by, since some of it is based on chance (being invited to participate in all the different GPs), and it needs to be someone who has been on top for a long enough period (max 2 GPs per season) and in the past decade, since the GP in its current form has only been in place since 2003 (when Cup of China started). Yulie, any ideas? Razz
First, it has been done - just not in singles. Shen and Zhao won all the GPs including the since-discontinued Bofrost. Savchenko and Szolkowy, like Brian, are only missing CoC, but I don't think it's a priority for them. Of course, pairs fields aren't as deep. I'd also like to add that the GP series has been around longer than that, in various forms, and there have been seasons when it was possible to do three (e.g. last year).

In men's skating, I'd say that Oda currently has the best shot other than Brian. He would need Russia and Canada, and is assigned to both those events this year (he's already medalled twice at SC). Nobu could conceivably manage it at some point, as he tends to be a strong early season skater (he only forgets how to count in the big events), but he would need Chan to implode to even have a shot at SC in the next two years.

Yu-Na Kim is missing SC and NHK. I don't think she cares, and she'll never get an NHK assignment anyway. Mao Asada, to my surprise, is only missing CoC and SA, but considering her form in recent years, I wouldn't put any money on her getting all six.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marysy
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 7:08

Yulie wrote:
I think if you look at Plushenko, he's basically said screw it and he does what he wants. Lambiel did it at times, too. I don't know if the judges will allow Brian to get away with it, and I agree that he does have to pay attention to some things (e.g. no excuse for dropping spin levels), but he'll feel more comfortable and confident if he's trying to be the best skater he can be rather than the best skater someone else can be.
Yeah, I think Carolina Kostner pretty much did what she wanted last season, and with tremendous results! Hopefully it'll work similarly for Brian.

Thanks so much for the info on the GPs! I knew you would know the answer. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 9:14

marysy wrote:
I do think he'll at least attempt it, though I don't know whether we'd ever get to see him compete. It doesn't seem like from this article that he's necessarily aiming at competing at a high level. If he does decide to try it, I doubt there'd be a shortage of girls willing to try out with him. He's not the tallest guy out there but seems to be more muscular in his upper body than other singles skaters (i.e. Weir, Hanyu, Chan), which should help with the lifts and throws. I'd be curious to see him try. If they do get to the senior level, it's not like France has a deep pairs field...they could get sent to some international competitions.
BTW, I was discussing this with a skating friend - she said the same thing (he's short) but although Brian is not tall for a pairs skater, he is actually taller than two of the pairs medalists from last year's Worlds and the reigning OGM. But I don't think it's the best idea to start skating pairs at the age of 29, after 13 senior seasons. For shows, though - why not.

French pairs seem to be somewhat improved at the moment. Nobody who's going to medal at big events, but all three pairs entered for the Masters are capable of respectable showings, and indeed James/Cipres are fresh off a medal at the Nebelhorn Trophy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 13:01

if he does audition for partener I'll go even if I can only do single toe-loops...for now... eros Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   05.10.12 14:13

thanks ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow_Queen
Untouchable

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   17.10.12 22:19

Ok, finally, we finished this job! The translation of Brian's interview for Radio Bleu Poitou to English and Russian is ready.
Thanks a lot to our romanian friend Lorena for her great job!!!

To listen to the interview in French:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CoBNpmnbjcg
Translation to English:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129462.html
Translation to Russian:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129748.html

Welcome and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   17.10.12 23:34

thanks snow_queen Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   18.10.12 14:14

http://t.co/deJL4oRL
thanks Oxana.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   18.10.12 16:05

Snow_Queen wrote:
Ok, finally, we finished this job! The translation of Brian's interview for Radio Bleu Poitou to English and Russian is ready.
Thanks a lot to our romanian friend Lorena for her great job!!!

To listen to the interview in French:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CoBNpmnbjcg
Translation to English:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129462.html
Translation to Russian:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129748.html

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks so much for the translation! Especially to Lorena, if you read this, big thank you! I know it must have taken a long time to translate the long interview. bisousfleurs

One thing that confuses me though, is that Brian said he will stop skating after the Olympics but a couple of weeks ago he said he wanted to try pairs?!?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   18.10.12 22:46

thanks oxana and gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sui-chan
Caruso

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   19.10.12 20:03

Yulie thanks for the infos about GPs! I didn't know about it at all! Smile

And thanks to everyone for the translation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonnie
Love's divine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   10.11.12 18:16

Any news of Brian's health? With TEB just around teh corner I'd expect some announcement...

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   10.11.12 18:35

lonnie wrote:
Any news of Brian's health? With TEB just around teh corner I'd expect some announcement...
My understanding is that he is back in training (see here).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   11.11.12 20:29

Brian au JT http://www.pluzz.fr/jt-19-20-poitou-charentes-2012-11-11-19h00.html

Brian will be at the Eric Bompard Trophy next week end ! He wants to show his best despite his illness which disturbed his preparation.

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sevda
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   11.11.12 21:15

thanks gis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content